Remove the god forsaken trial system

Put any feedback about the game here.

Remove the god forsaken trial system

Postby LeGr8stMeme » Wed Jun 26, 2019 4:34 pm

As blunt as it may be It's the truth. From what I hear and notice is that harassment style reports get handled quite quick whereas everything else doesn't. Personally I don't care about harassment. They don't ruin who wins or loses just people getting emotional over games. Go to some socializing platform service if you care more for that. A few weeks ago it was going great, throwers were being handled, games were decent. But, for whatever reason, they decided to change the rules of the report player sub-forums to only allow "harassment" style reports. What lead me to this rant was seeing the same thrower that shot me as revealed mayor again for 4 days straight. This is in high elo, mind you. Quite sad how a simple report player page worked better than the trial system as a whole. Oh well, back to quitting since so many people support this horrendous sjw system rather than bettering the quality of the game.
LeGr8stMeme
Survivor
Survivor

Re: Remove the god forsaken trial system

Postby Shyyster » Wed Jun 26, 2019 5:13 pm

As blunt as this may sound, but it's the truth. Trial System isn't curated to fit what you personally care about and don't care about.

Goodbye.
TRIAL GANG GANG MEMBER
Shyyster
Easter 2020 Winner
Easter 2020 Winner

Postby IWrath » Wed Jun 26, 2019 5:20 pm

I agree on most of it but it basically boils down to a lack of jurors to push the reports up to the judges/admins.
It requires 9 votes on a report in the trial system to get pushed ahead, and sadly GT just simply isn't up there on most jurors list aside from the hamster above me and a couple others. The way to make a difference is to get involved, not complain. The system is severely lacking in people willing to read through Gamethrowing reports because they'd rather read through HS/H or Spamming in 5 seconds and make a quick vote for the trial rating or boost their own ego.
All you really need to know about where I stand is it's somewhere between Amazing Grace, Back In Black, and Simple Man.
IWrath
Executioner
Executioner

Postby LeGr8stMeme » Wed Jun 26, 2019 5:44 pm

'9 needed votes' and 'jurors only doing easy reports to boost their egos'. Such a horrible system.
LeGr8stMeme
Survivor
Survivor

Postby williewest » Wed Jun 26, 2019 6:07 pm

I urge you to join then. There are others who have shared your sentiment. If the people who want to re-prioritize reports were to join Trial and come together, they might be able to influence what reports get done more quickly.

You can make a difference, if you try.
Everything in my signature is a clickable link
Spoiler: Discord: William#2527

williewest
Transporter
Transporter

Postby Meganloves » Wed Jun 26, 2019 6:15 pm

LeGr8stMeme wrote:'9 needed votes' and 'jurors only doing easy reports to boost their egos'. Such a horrible system.

But mah Tr
Meganloves
Retributionist
Retributionist

Postby LeGr8stMeme » Wed Jun 26, 2019 7:01 pm

williewest wrote:I urge you to join then. There are others who have shared your sentiment. If the people who want to re-prioritize reports were to join Trial and come together, they might be able to influence what reports get done more quickly.

You can make a difference, if you try.

I have a life unlike people who actually participate in this horrible system. Acting if more jurors would solve these issues is delusional.
LeGr8stMeme
Survivor
Survivor

Postby williewest » Wed Jun 26, 2019 7:11 pm

You have a life, where you whine that a system doesn't work how you want it on a notoriously unreliable flash game. If you aren't willing to try to make change, why are you here?

Who do you think is going to look at the thread and have an epiphany like "He's right! We're deleting it now!"
The players, who can't do anything more than plead their cases; The Admin(s) running it, who are going to value their time and efforts more than your thread; Or the developers, who are rarely here and don't make these kind of changes because they don't have a fall-back plan?

All we can do is join in to try and make a difference, because we're usually the only ones willing. Otherwise, complaining is useless. This thread hardly makes your case, trust me. You're right about a lot, but they won't care about the thread because it shows them no effort.

williewest
Transporter
Transporter

Postby LeGr8stMeme » Wed Jun 26, 2019 7:27 pm

Its like you haven't even read the first post. What I mean is if you are taking time out of your day to spam reports of people saying the f word I'm going to assume you don't have much of a life or anything going for you. :| This system needs to go. The forum reports was way better than the entire system of jurors tbh.
LeGr8stMeme
Survivor
Survivor

Postby williewest » Wed Jun 26, 2019 7:52 pm

And you aren't paying attention to what I'm saying. Some of us agree with you. I'm only asking you to join so that there's more people not only "spamming reports of people saying the f word."

You could help, and make yourself useful towards a cause that is getting your way, or you can sit here and yell at clouds all day about how it's not fair. The forum reports weren't even a fraction of the reports, and frankly, was kinda useless with all the false reports.
Join, make a difference, see how it goes; Or complain, nothing gets done, and you deal with the hand we're dealt. Your choice.

williewest
Transporter
Transporter

Postby LeGr8stMeme » Wed Jun 26, 2019 8:07 pm

As said in this very thread... Most jurors spam easy reports and if I were to do the trial system ill be 1/9th a vote that vote on actual harmful reports, but ill be wasting my time since these reports will slowly but not surely hit a judge to review. Probably due to the fact this stupid system rewards voting on easy / hardly harmful reports. Whereas the forum reports took less than 2 days to handle the severe gamethrowers/cheaters that wont normally be handled. Yes I know how this works and im not falling into that rabbit hole once more. Trial system is utterly useless. All jurors are wasting their time. You urge me to join? I urge you to quit. If more quit they will finally abolish this terrible system.
LeGr8stMeme
Survivor
Survivor

Postby williewest » Wed Jun 26, 2019 8:17 pm

Suit yourself, and I and many others have quit before. Guess what? They replaced us. We're all perfectly expendable. You're 1/9th a vote, but there are enough who see it the same to exceed 9/9 if said people cooperate.

You can make your own choices, and I respect it and won't try to persuade you further, but don't assume if we quit that things will change. There will always be people ready to replace us.

williewest
Transporter
Transporter

Postby LeGr8stMeme » Wed Jun 26, 2019 8:22 pm

But there are not enough to exceed the vote for 9/9 otherwise gamethrowers/cheaters would be banned within a week??? Only the easy/not harmful to the actual game reports get handled.
LeGr8stMeme
Survivor
Survivor

Postby LeGr8stMeme » Wed Jun 26, 2019 8:54 pm

Gamethrowing/cheating ruins the game. Some mild harassment doesn't. Racism/pedophile is hardly apparent ever since pay to play. Most people now a day who get banned for harassment don't even expect they went too far. S a d. Not sure who you people are trying to trick but it ain't working. The moment forum reports changed gamethrowers started emerging again and god forbid if you ever got into game with lana/curry. Trial doesn't work and wont work. It's fundamentally flawed stop being glued because the creator of it is probably your friend.
LeGr8stMeme
Survivor
Survivor

Postby kyuss420 » Thu Jun 27, 2019 4:59 am

LeGr8stMeme wrote:Gamethrowing/cheating ruins the game. Some mild harassment doesn't. Racism/pedophile is hardly apparent ever since pay to play. Most people now a day who get banned for harassment don't even expect they went too far. S a d. Not sure who you people are trying to trick but it ain't working. The moment forum reports changed gamethrowers started emerging again and god forbid if you ever got into game with lana/curry. Trial doesn't work and wont work. It's fundamentally flawed stop being glued because the creator of it is probably your friend.

I always do gamethrowing reports exclusively when i do trial system, which my time spent there is very limited, as Id rather be playing ToS than reading through a bunch of games. Id say 70% of gamethrowing reports are just salt. Someone made a bad play that cost the game..... great, but i just wasted 5-10 minutes of my time reading through an inno report because a couple of noobs were salty about a dumb play, instead of reading through a report where somone intentionally threw. Yea, I actually read a few days worth of what was going on before deciding guilty/inno.

heres some things i have to read through:
* BG wasnt on confirmed town - dumb move, but not throwing
* vigi shot me, i was confirmed sheriff - you posted one sheriff result day 2 and didnt say a word for 2 days after - you werent confirmed, (not reading the logs isnt throwing)
* claimed doc to jailor and he exed me instead of confirmed maf - again, dumb move but you werent confirmed doc, SK was alive, other dude wasnt ''confirmed'' maf at that stage because the sheriff wasnt ''confirmed'' either (sure, personally i would of jailed the guy the supposed sheriff found, but making dumb plays isnt throwing)

I could go on, but you get the idea.... people like to pick the moment it all went wrong, target the player who set the chain reaction in motion and report them. Then you have a bunch of volunteers who have to read through their salt, instead of reading through reports that actually break the rules.

If you really want gamethrowers dealt with, you just have to get people to stop reporting out of spite and wasting everyones time, so that more jurors will actually look at the G/T reports. But idiots are always going to report out of spite.

Even better, when you report, use the description! state the rule that was broken, and what day it was eg. '' Vigi shot the revealed mayor day 5 '' and make sure you are reporting a GT as a GT, and not spamming (Not talking to you directly here leGr8t, just a reminder for others who may be reading)
goosegoosegoosegoosegoose
Spoiler: Image Spoiler: Image Spoiler: Image Spoiler: Image Spoiler: Image
kyuss420
Serial Killer
Serial Killer

Postby LeGr8stMeme » Thu Jun 27, 2019 6:25 am

Yeah bro thats kinda what I meant. The vast majority of the valid ones are buried under the salt one. You cant expect people who are not paid to filter them all 1/9 a time. And don't give me the "get people to stop spite reporting", "get people to join trial system", "you join trial system". These "Suggestion" to fix/gather people have been being said for YEARS yet it never worked. Face it, this system is flawed. You and everyone using it are wasting your time. It's delusional to think that many people in this dying game would actually be arsed to vote consistently with you. Trial system isn't meant for town of salem. Forum reports proved how worthless this trial system was until they gutted it. I think a sure fire solution that will 100% work is if a single juror guilty vote can make it through judge queue or maybe 2/3. 9 is an autistic amount. But honestly the fact its been this many years I've lost hope on it i'd just rather it be gone and get the dev to make a new one.
LeGr8stMeme
Survivor
Survivor

Postby Shyyster » Thu Jun 27, 2019 6:46 am

LeGr8stMeme wrote:I think a sure fire solution that will 100% work is if a single juror guilty vote can make it through judge queue or maybe 2/3.

You realize this is why Report Player section was changed to reduce the amount of false reports being brought forward to Judges right? We already had an issue with random voters pushing innocent GTing reports up to Judge que, so I doubt any Judge would being favor of lowering voting requirements on reports when random people who don't understand the rules vote carelessly on reports that cause Judges to waste their time.

9 is an autistic amount.

There doesn't need to be 9 votes, just a majority of guilty votes to push it towards Judge Que.
Last edited by Shyyster on Thu Jun 27, 2019 6:51 am, edited 2 times in total.
TRIAL GANG GANG MEMBER
Shyyster
Easter 2020 Winner
Easter 2020 Winner

Postby LeGr8stMeme » Thu Jun 27, 2019 6:53 am

KatiyaKramer wrote:
Seriously dude, Trial does a heck of a lot more than you realize.

Well, I play the game. Moment they started answering report player forums with all type of reports and someone would gamethrow, someone in my game would say "ill report them to the forums dw" and I would never see them again. Now that they're ignoring it the fact i've seen people who gamethrew last week everyday still playing. Yeah. Your wrong. Trial is utterly useless.
LeGr8stMeme
Survivor
Survivor

Postby Shyyster » Thu Jun 27, 2019 7:00 am

LeGr8stMeme wrote:Moment they started answering report player forums with all type of reports and someone would gamethrow, someone in my game would say "ill report them to the forums dw" and I would never see them again.Now that they're ignoring it the fact i've seen people who gamethrew last week everyday still playing.

You probably "never saw them again" because you didn't get matched up with them due to amount of players and timezones, not cause of them disappearing because of them being reported on the forums.
TRIAL GANG GANG MEMBER
Shyyster
Easter 2020 Winner
Easter 2020 Winner

Postby LeGr8stMeme » Thu Jun 27, 2019 7:02 am

Shyyster wrote:
LeGr8stMeme wrote:Moment they started answering report player forums with all type of reports and someone would gamethrow, someone in my game would say "ill report them to the forums dw" and I would never see them again.Now that they're ignoring it the fact i've seen people who gamethrew last week everyday still playing.

You probably "never saw them again" because you didn't get matched up with them due to amount of players and timezones, not cause of them disappearing because of them being reported on the forums.

That's you assuming. No actually i've seen their forum report and they were dealt with quite fast (within a day). Something trial can barely do in a month or even that tbh
LeGr8stMeme
Survivor
Survivor

Postby Shyyster » Thu Jun 27, 2019 7:06 am

LeGr8stMeme wrote:
Shyyster wrote:

That's you assuming. No actually i've seen their forum report and they were dealt with quite fast (within a day). Something trial can barely do in a month or even that tbh

There you go assuming, Trial suspens/bans people within a day for all sort of offences. You do realize that if their forum report didn't result in a permaban, then they kept on playing ToS right?
TRIAL GANG GANG MEMBER
Shyyster
Easter 2020 Winner
Easter 2020 Winner

Postby LeGr8stMeme » Thu Jun 27, 2019 7:12 am

Yes I realize the tier system. Usually people after suspension seem to change. But I'm actually not the one assuming, everything I said is factual for instance anyone can open trial system and its full of reports such as https://blankmediagames.com/Trial/viewR ... id=2399655. more than 2 weeks past for this valid reason and its still idle, this person who ruined the game for 14 others and is being dealt with this slowly. Forum reports took a day. Trial system I don't think even think it gets to them at all. The three ppl from my games im looking have now past thirteen days. If it expires before they're banned I'll post them. I'm keeping them to myself to see if trial even works.
LeGr8stMeme
Survivor
Survivor

Postby Shyyster » Thu Jun 27, 2019 7:21 am

LeGr8stMeme wrote:Yes I realize the tier system. Usually people after suspension seem to change.

Lol? And some people don't after a suspension, but that isn't the point of the argument. You would still see them in your games since they weren't permabanned.

LeGr8stMeme wrote:But I'm actually not the one assuming, everything I said is factual for instance anyone can open trial system and its full of reports such as https://blankmediagames.com/Trial/viewR ... id=2399655. more than 2 weeks past for this valid reason and its still idle, this person who ruined the game for 14 others and is being dealt with this slowly.

Sorry to tell you this but non-Coven GTing reports take less priority than most reports due to Jurors not favoring GTing due to the current P2P rules. I vote exclusively on Coven GTing reports myself since GTing is a bigger issue to me and I push reports up to Judges where they're judged within a couple of days.

Now like Willie said, if you want Trial to be effective, then you should join and vote on the reports you would want to see punished instead of coming to the forums and whining about Trial being ineffective and such.
TRIAL GANG GANG MEMBER
Shyyster
Easter 2020 Winner
Easter 2020 Winner

Postby LeGr8stMeme » Thu Jun 27, 2019 7:25 am

Shyyster wrote:
LeGr8stMeme wrote:Yes I realize the tier system. Usually people after suspension seem to change.

Lol? And some people don't after a suspension, but that isn't the point of the argument. You would still see them in your games since they weren't permabanned.

LeGr8stMeme wrote:But I'm actually not the one assuming, everything I said is factual for instance anyone can open trial system and its full of reports such as https://blankmediagames.com/Trial/viewR ... id=2399655. more than 2 weeks past for this valid reason and its still idle, this person who ruined the game for 14 others and is being dealt with this slowly.

Sorry to tell you this but non-Coven GTing reports take less priority than most reports due to Jurors not favoring GTing due to the current P2P rules. I vote exclusively on Coven GTing reports myself since GTing is a bigger issue to me and I push reports up to Judges where they're judged within a couple of days.

Now like Willie said, if you want Trial to be effective, then you should join and vote on the reports you would want to see punished instead of coming to the forums and whining about Trial being ineffective and such.

Now like I said before trial is useless and you are wasting your time voting on reports which I wont partake in. And the fact you are alluding to only coven-GT's get handled is more the reason why this trash system needs to go lol
LeGr8stMeme
Survivor
Survivor

Postby LeGr8stMeme » Thu Jun 27, 2019 7:29 am

Enough jurors is the problem because the trash system made it very reliant on them. But at the end of the day jurors arent paid so they wont vote consistently throughout which results in reports never being done. And I feel sorry for you that you wasted that much time in the trial system. Believe me you are wasting your time getting nothing done with that system. People need to realize its not working. If you see the valid reports I post that were not handled you would know.
Last edited by LeGr8stMeme on Thu Jun 27, 2019 7:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
LeGr8stMeme
Survivor
Survivor

Next

Return to Feedback