Ret’s WAR is way too high

Put any feedback about the game here.

Re: Ret’s WAR is way too high

Postby Brilliand » Mon Jul 01, 2019 12:59 pm

JustSomeOtherGuy wrote:Agreed. Proportional winrates SUCK. Every team should be equal, or as close to. What people want is effectively for this game to be a puzzle game for the Town alone, and every other role is an obstacle, NOT for it to be a game about getting your faction/role to win.

This would be pretty fun, if we could manage to replace the evils with credible bots and make it a single-player game.

But yeah, the evils need a fair chance to win if they're going to be human players.
Brilliand
Godfather
Godfather

Postby SantanaTheSmall » Mon Jul 01, 2019 1:34 pm

It’d also help with leavers a bit of the winrates were more fair.
SantanaTheSmall
Medium
Medium

Postby Chemist1422 » Mon Jul 01, 2019 2:06 pm

Kirize12 wrote:
ICECLIMBERS wrote:lol imagine saying that mafia wasn’t designed for equal village/scum winrates and expecting for people to take you seriously
mist ~ she/her

i guess this is goodbye?
(still here for danganronpa i guess)

stop sending reports to me i'm not a tos game moderator
Chemist1422
FM Game Moderator
FM Game Moderator

Postby SantanaTheSmall » Mon Jul 01, 2019 3:04 pm

I never said that. I said I could possibly accept that argument as to how the system stands right now.

Stop derailing for the LULs
SantanaTheSmall
Medium
Medium

Postby Chemist1422 » Mon Jul 01, 2019 3:07 pm

SantanaTheSmall wrote:I never said that. I said I could possibly accept that argument as to how the system stands right now.

I’m not derailing, I’m agreeing with a previously given argument
mist ~ she/her

i guess this is goodbye?

Chemist1422
FM Game Moderator
FM Game Moderator

Postby SantanaTheSmall » Mon Jul 01, 2019 3:08 pm

Chemist1422 wrote:
SantanaTheSmall wrote:I never said that. I said I could possibly accept that argument as to how the system stands right now.

I’d ask you what it is, but I know you’ll just post the quote again.
SantanaTheSmall
Medium
Medium

Postby Chemist1422 » Mon Jul 01, 2019 3:09 pm

SantanaTheSmall wrote:
Chemist1422 wrote:

I’d ask you what it is, but I know you’ll just post the quote again.

Yeah, it’s the one I quoted

No need to get so aggressive
mist ~ she/her

i guess this is goodbye?

Chemist1422
FM Game Moderator
FM Game Moderator

Postby SantanaTheSmall » Mon Jul 01, 2019 3:11 pm

But who said proportional winrates was a “good thing”?
SantanaTheSmall
Medium
Medium

Postby Chemist1422 » Mon Jul 01, 2019 3:16 pm

SantanaTheSmall wrote:But who said proportional winrates was a “good thing”?

Saying the NK should win 7-8% of games sounds like advocating for proportional winrates to me
mist ~ she/her

i guess this is goodbye?

Chemist1422
FM Game Moderator
FM Game Moderator

Postby SantanaTheSmall » Mon Jul 01, 2019 3:17 pm

But no one has actually agreed with a 7-8% winrate for the NK.
SantanaTheSmall
Medium
Medium

Postby Brilliand » Mon Jul 01, 2019 9:18 pm

JustSomeOtherGuy wrote:They don't want it to be balanced, hence the ELO loss/gain is different

The causality is the other way around. If the winrates are inequal, then ELO gain/loss should reflect that. It's a way to reduce the harm of the winrates being inequal, and it will always be needed because the winrates are never going to be exactly equal.

ELO gain/loss is based on the actual winrates, not on what the devs want the winrates to be.
Brilliand
Godfather
Godfather

Postby Brilliand » Tue Jul 02, 2019 1:01 am

Kirize12 wrote:
Brilliand wrote:
OBeauPeep wrote:The most interesting statistic your report actually provides is that even without Ret, town still wins 6 in 10 games. Ideally, that would be 5 in 10 at most.

There's an argument for the winrate of each faction being proportional to the size of that faction. So:
9/15=60% winrate for town
4/15=27% winrate for mafia (adjust to 32% if we consider the NE to be "pro-evil")
1/15=7% winrate for NK (adjust to 8% if we consider the NE to be "pro-evil")

It would help if you explained why you were quoting things.
Brilliand
Godfather
Godfather

Postby SantanaTheSmall » Tue Jul 02, 2019 2:40 pm

I don’t think Brilliand agreed with proportional winrates, but merely stated that that is what the paradigm is, which I accepted to be true as well.
SantanaTheSmall
Medium
Medium

Postby Veeena » Tue Jul 02, 2019 11:30 pm

Moderator Message: Rule 7 my boys. Let's relax on that please.

"Repeating what someone else has said. (This includes posting just exact quotes without addressing the quote with a response."

I am not going to remove it as it pertains (somewhat) to portions of the topic, but after this post, I advise to stop doing it.
OSRS Accounts: Veeena
Lewd Queen (Former HCIM)
Peepo Vee (GIM)

FF14: Xa Erros (NA Sargantas)

Formerly M4xwell
Known as
Xa/M4xy/Vee

Spoiler: Image

Some fucking Vee I suppose.

Veeena
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby MysticMismagius » Fri Jul 05, 2019 9:24 pm

Gonta wrote:Gonta not smart boy but... he think this not many games...
It's not enough to make any definitive statements about Town's/Ret's winrate, but it is enough to get a glimpse at it. It's like if a near-sighted person tried to look at a painting without any visual aids. They wouldn't be able to see the details in the painting, but they would be able to see the large groups of colors that make up the composition. This is what we are looking at. There's a significant margin of error for how accurate OP's data is and what it means, but outside of a major fluke or lurking variable that OP didn't catch, it's enough to say that town's winrate increases substantially when a Retributionist pulls off their revive.
MysticMismagius
Consigliere
Consigliere

Postby SantanaTheSmall » Fri Jul 05, 2019 10:25 pm

MysticMismagius wrote:
It's not enough to make any definitive statements about Town's/Ret's winrate, but it is enough to get a glimpse at it. It's like if a near-sighted person tried to look at a painting without any visual aids. They wouldn't be able to see the details in the painting, but they would be able to see the large groups of colors that make up the composition. This is what we are looking at. There's a significant margin of error for how accurate OP's data is and what it means, but outside of a major fluke or lurking variable that OP didn't catch, it's enough to say that town's winrate increases substantially when a Retributionist pulls off their revive.

You summed it up nicely, than, you.

I have kept going with this. Nothing has changed but I’m still not at 200 games yet.
SantanaTheSmall
Medium
Medium

Postby SantanaTheSmall » Sat Jul 06, 2019 1:31 am

Kirize12 wrote:100 games is, assuming each game is 5 minutes, 500 minutes, or 8 hours 20 minutes of pure game time - and this doesn't count the data thrown out.

Shut the fuck up about the number of games. We don't even need this thread to prove Ret is unbalanced, it confirms all mediums which are one of the best fakeclaims for scum. This is proof of our point. You want a "proper" scientific survey go and make one yourself.

It’s good to have hard data to back up what we already know, moron. I also didn’t throw any data out, so you seem to be unable to read, too.

Why are you in this forum? To be a dick?

Also, what games are you playing where they only last 5 minutes? That’s only like 2 days and nights.
SantanaTheSmall
Medium
Medium

Postby ICECLIMBERS » Sat Jul 06, 2019 5:19 am

Spoiler: Image

in the distance the shelves
rode three shadows of blue
ICECLIMBERS
[Forum Mafia VII] Winner
[Forum Mafia VII] Winner

Postby SantanaTheSmall » Sat Jul 06, 2019 9:39 am

Kirize12 wrote:
SantanaTheSmall wrote:
Kirize12 wrote:100 games is, assuming each game is 5 minutes, 500 minutes, or 8 hours 20 minutes of pure game time - and this doesn't count the data thrown out.

Shut the fuck up about the number of games. We don't even need this thread to prove Ret is unbalanced, it confirms all mediums which are one of the best fakeclaims for scum. This is proof of our point. You want a "proper" scientific survey go and make one yourself.

It’s good to have hard data to back up what we already know, moron. I also didn’t throw any data out, so you seem to be unable to read, too.

Why are you in this forum? To be a dick?

Also, what games are you playing where they only last 5 minutes? That’s only like 2 days and nights.

I’m defending this thread from the countless people who are attacking you for “faulty experiment”, asswipe. You threw out the faulty data where a player left midgame, so you seem to be incapable of basic recollection of facts. (As you should have, but since you didn’t leave you played through that game with no benefit to your research fucktard.)

At this point yes, I only exist on this forum to be an elitist dick. I don’t care about this game but I can clap back when I need to.

However long the games were, add 1h40m for every 1 minute. (8h20m for every 5) I’m defending you.

Well I apologize for my comment then. However, this is why context is important. You’ve already been told that earlier in this thread. Every time you commented immediately after me without quoting something or without explaining your quote, it looked and felt like an attack on me.
SantanaTheSmall
Medium
Medium

Postby SantanaTheSmall » Sat Jul 06, 2019 2:23 pm

Gonta wrote:
MysticMismagius wrote:

Gonta agree! Gonta not necessarily agree that OP sample data allude to Retributionist being absurdly overpowered though

It alludes to it. It just doesn’t confirm it. Of course it alludes to it. If you really think it doesn’t allude to it, I’d even make a one sided bet: if the numbers don’t change more than +- 5% when I reach the number of games with a MoE below 5%, I’d pay for your Coven and Premium if you don’t already have it. You don’t have to bet anything when you lose.
SantanaTheSmall
Medium
Medium

Postby Brilliand » Sat Jul 06, 2019 2:26 pm

Gonta wrote:Gonta agree! Gonta not necessarily agree that OP sample data allude to Retributionist being absurdly overpowered though

Even a sample size of one would "allude" to (whatever that one game makes it look like). You can argue that his sample size isn't strong enough, but not that it does nothing.
Brilliand
Godfather
Godfather

Postby SantanaTheSmall » Sat Jul 06, 2019 3:41 pm

Just seeing how these ret games have played out, I honestly don’t think the numbers will change that much. The difference between no ret and ret can be the difference between a perfect maf win (locking the vote 4 to 4 and picking off the rest one at a time) and losing all 4 maf in 2 days and nights after the revive because it’s 5 v 4 with a jailor revived.

When you say there will be a difference of +- 5%, do you mean 5% of both factions, giving a total of a 10% gap close or just 2.5% of each faction? I meant the former, not the latter. I’m not willing to bet that a faction will not change more than 2.5%
SantanaTheSmall
Medium
Medium

Postby OBeauPeep » Sat Jul 06, 2019 5:21 pm

Kirize12 wrote:Nobody genuinely wants this.

You do not speak for everyone.
OBeauPeep
Witch
Witch

Postby MysticMismagius » Sat Jul 06, 2019 7:37 pm

Kirize12 wrote:
OBeauPeep wrote:
Kirize12 wrote:Nobody genuinely wants this.
You do not speak for everyone.
I can assure you that I do.
No you don't. Anyone who claims to speak for everyone is being dishonest.
MysticMismagius
Consigliere
Consigliere

Postby SantanaTheSmall » Sat Jul 06, 2019 8:15 pm

I think maf’s winrate is just fine (if it’s not a ret game). It’s town’s winrate that’s too high and NK’s that’s too low. How do you fix that?

Well first, take away ret because 60% is already too high and it doesn’t need to be higher. Regardless of the number of games I have, you seriously cannot state that ret doesn’t at least moderately increase town’s winrate. Nobody will take you seriously if you do state that.

But then I suppose the answer is to buff NK instead of nerf town any further because the buffed NK will take away win rates from both factions, but I suspect it will take away winrates from Town more than maf, but maybe not?
SantanaTheSmall
Medium
Medium

PreviousNext

Return to Feedback