Make more specific scenarios clear for gamethrowing.

Put any feedback about the game here.

Make more specific scenarios clear for gamethrowing.

Postby Villagerlover » Mon Jun 10, 2019 1:00 pm

I've seen it time and time again, and I've noticed recently a lot more forum posts about people getting their accounts suspended/banned for "an unexplainable reason".

I think BMG should find a way to make the rules and guidelines more clear about specific scenarios that can happen in-game.

Examples:
A witch forcing mafia to die so it can side with NK.
A town protective role willingly choosing not to visit someone who asks for TP day 1.
A town protective role willingly choosing not to protect a revealed mayor day 1.
Bussing fellow evil team members for your own benefit.
Transporters randomly transporting people without saying anything.
A vigilante random shooting and the bullet hits a townie.
Vampires converting everyone into vampires by lynching vampires and converting townies.
A jester coincidentally saying the godfather is godfather.

These are things I can think of at the top of my head, but I'm sure there's a lot more.

I think when it comes to more confusing matters like these examples, BMG could go a little further in depth about what they qualify as gamethrowing in these scenarios, because there are a lot of instances where these kinds of things can happen, and people get salty/confused and report as gamethrowing for the wrong reason.

Perhaps there could be an additional pop-up card in rules for gamethrowing? Like, "More detail here" or something and it can use some examples like the ones I listed above to prove what's reportable and what isn't?

Not really sure how much of an impact it can have in the long run, but maybe having a set guide to refer back to often can help clarify things?
Wanna say somethin'? >B3
PM
Villagerlover
Consigliere
Consigliere

Re: Make more specific scenarios clear for gamethrowing.

Postby Flavorable » Mon Jun 10, 2019 1:20 pm

Gamethrowing is both hard and easy to clarify.

That's why it's reasonably black and white in most cases:

Is the person revealed (Mayor, VIP)?
Is the person revived?

If yes:
Are there vampires in the game?

If yes: Free to lynch, shoot, kill, etc if there is a believe they've been turned into vampire.

If no: Killing of any kind = GT.

And for all the other situations:

Is it obvious the person in question is actively working against their end-goal? (NOT to be confused with not following a Meta. TPs/LOs don't have to be on a Mayor/Jailor etc etc)
If yes: Reportable for jurors and judges to use their expertise and judge the situation.
If no: Stupidity =/= Gamethrowing.

The problem, however, is as soon as you start clarifying, the people that do have ill intentions and try to get away with it, can do so because they will be actively trying to circumvent the rules, or stay exactly on the "border".

Above are basically the basics of GT reports, but every case and every scenario has to be looked at specifically for context to see whether or not it actually is guilty.
No reply to your support ticket after 15 business days? PM me with your ticket number.

You may PM me for clarifications on appeal verdicts, but keep in mind the verdict will not change.

Do you have 151+ games played and want to help rid the community of toxic players and gamethrowers? Join the Trial System today: https://www.blankmediagames.com/Trial/#start

Also, check out the Trial System Discord Server: https://discord.gg/K5SnyJS
Flavorable
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Brilliand » Mon Jun 10, 2019 6:05 pm

Showing examples of reports that actually got guiltied or inno'd recently might help... if most players would actually look at them. (I have a feeling that wouldn't happen.)

Showing players the resolution of reports that they personally made against other players would be the most effective way to get their attention, I would think... but unless each report then comes with an explanation, that might just add fuel to the fire of the "reports do nothing" vs. "getting reported is an automatic ban" debate.
Brilliand
Godfather
Godfather

Postby kyuss420 » Tue Jun 11, 2019 3:25 am

Its fairly easy

being a dick = gamethrow
being dumb = not a gamethrow

I think the only thing on your list that is gamethrowing, is the transporter remaining silent if the guy he transed is being lynched because he was found sus by TIs.

Most of the ''random shooting'' i get accused of, and see people accused of is hardly random at all....its usually a 50/50, because a lot of roles have been claimed and he shot a non claiming townie (usually one with a useless role that had no business to hide it.... medium didnt claim by day 3 in a vigi game? isnt that a gamethrow?) Or he shot a townie that innoed a maf, or a townie that had a weak will.

Just because you know the most optimal strategic move to make on a particular night in a particular situation, doesnt mean everyone in game does, and doesnt mean the guy who rolled the role specifically, knows how to utilise the role optimally. Take coven for example....on free weekend, a jailor called for TP/LO day 1. Of course the TP was crusader, and it resulted in a dead LO. I knew it was bound to happen, but the jailor, crusader and LO didnt, so theres reasons to not be on a TP/LO request, or a revealed mayor night 1.
goosegoosegoosegoosegoose
Spoiler: Image Spoiler: Image Spoiler: Image Spoiler: Image Spoiler: Image
kyuss420
Serial Killer
Serial Killer

Postby Brilliand » Tue Jun 11, 2019 3:59 am

kyuss420 wrote:I think the only thing on your list that is gamethrowing, is the transporter remaining silent if the guy he transed is being lynched because he was found sus by TIs.

I did that out of stupidity recently.

It's hard to remember everything I did during the game.

(It wasn't the previous night's info though, it was an N1 check that the investigator didn't bring up until D5.)
Brilliand
Godfather
Godfather

Postby Shyyster » Tue Jun 11, 2019 7:51 am

Gamethrowing is usually easy to judge on and I focus solely on these reports in the Trial's system.

Does this person's actions intentionally and deliberately hurt town chances of winning or lower their chances of winning ? If yes, then it's gamethrowing and will be punished.

Some examples of this is

Jailor executing revealed mayor or revived player.
Vig shooting revealed mayor or revived player.
Mafia member spite-revealing their mafia members because of being lynched or disliking playing mafia.
Coven member spite-revealing their coven members because of being lynched or disliking playing coven.
A townie intentionally revealing VIP in hopes of town's losing.

These types of examples all have one thing in common, the person's intent is them worsening their team's chances of winning in hope of losing.
TRIAL GANG GANG MEMBER
Shyyster
Easter 2020 Winner
Easter 2020 Winner

Postby Villagerlover » Tue Jun 11, 2019 8:32 am

Brilliand wrote:
kyuss420 wrote:I think the only thing on your list that is gamethrowing, is the transporter remaining silent if the guy he transed is being lynched because he was found sus by TIs.

I did that out of stupidity recently.

It's hard to remember everything I did during the game.

(It wasn't the previous night's info though, it was an N1 check that the investigator didn't bring up until D5.)

See this is exactly what I mean.
You thought it constituted as gamethrowing, did you not kyuss? And now someone admits they've done it without really thinking.

I always kinda felt like things like this could've been slightly more clarified, but as Flavorable and Shyyster said, it's more about if it's intentional or not. I haven't really thought much about stuff like that tbh. But there does seem to be this little gray area about specifics when there's many different outcomes for the same scenario, so people will not generally know if it's reportable or not.
Wanna say somethin'? >B3
PM
Villagerlover
Consigliere
Consigliere

Return to Feedback