Disguiser only really works for maf with inv and sheriff.

Put any feedback about the game here.

Disguiser only really works for maf with inv and sheriff.

Postby SpiritWolfLord » Fri Sep 30, 2022 5:37 pm

Disguiser is supposed to swap the ti results for all tis, as far as I understood. But this is how I've seen it work with each ti role.

Spy-works, but unless you disguise yourself, it'll show an extra visit, thereby confirming that one of the maf visits are maf, and that there is a dis in the game.

Inv-works, but inv is already a weak role, and since you can't disguise anyone but yourself if there is a spy present, you'll out yourself more often than not if an inv is on you, especially if you decide to pretend to be doc on jailor in case lo.

Sheriff-works, but sheriff is also a weak role already, and town ignores them half the time anyway.

Lookout-Doesn't work. By all rights, disguising yourself with the real tp should show you visiting jailor, and the tp not. Instead, it does nothing, and the tp will visit as usual. Considering lo is the most op ti, this is the one it SHOULD work with the best.

Coven roles

Tracker-Literally sees disguiser visit twice. Easy out, if town even half understands disguiser.

Psychic-Hard to tell, but I'm assuming it doesn't work, considering psy doesn't target anyone.

So disguiser only works on the worst two tis, while the two op ti roles either benefit from disguiser visits, or are barely affected. And not that they need buffs with the state of town, but sheriff and inv are the only two ti roles that most trickery rms even seem to affect.
SpiritWolfLord
Transporter
Transporter

Re: Disguiser only really works for maf with inv and sheriff

Postby syjfwbaobfwl » Fri Sep 30, 2022 6:35 pm

It only shows an extra visit to spy if you disguise GF, so just dont disguise GF

LO does work properly, it might be a bug with self disguising? Idk

For tracker and psy its just not coded to do anything against them
syjfwbaobfwl
Jailor
Jailor

Postby SpiritWolfLord » Fri Sep 30, 2022 6:43 pm

I'd have to test it out, but I remember rm being found out because disguiser visited them and a confirmed townie. This wasn't recent, so I'm basing it off of memory, but I swear it works the same for rms too.

For the lo, I just tested it in a game on a bg. I disguised myself with the bg, and the bg was still shown as visiting, and not me, according to the lo. It's possible it's a bug, but I'd have to do further testing to know for sure.

Psy and tracker don't matter to me, since you would only ever really see that in coven all any. I just wanted to include all the tis.
SpiritWolfLord
Transporter
Transporter

Postby WildCard65 » Sat Oct 01, 2022 7:45 pm

Spy: The Disguiser hides the disguised Mafia's visit from the Spy and replaces it with the Disguiser's visit to the Mafia member, the Disguiser's secondary target is also shown to the Spy. An extra Mafia member visit ONLY HAPPENS IF THE MAFIA MEMBER DOES NOT VISIT, THIS IS PRIMARY BECAUSE YOU'RE DISGUISING THE GODFATHER AND NOT THE MAFIOSO!

Investigator/Sheriff: The disguised Mafia member has the same investigative results as the Disguiser's secondary target (unless the Disguiser's ability fails).

Lookout: The Lookout will see the name of the Disguiser's secondary target instead of the Mafia member that visited.

Tracker/Psychic: These roles weren't changed as part of the Disguiser's buff and aren't bugs.
WildCard65
Doctor
Doctor

Postby Soulshade55r » Tue Oct 04, 2022 10:47 am

I think Disguiser with visits should work like this

Disguise first target to visit the second target.
Disguises could also have, a day ability (or apart of night) where you choose the role of the target which they show up to Inv/Sheriff/CL ect. (Should only be seen visiting the First player, Psychic and spy generally need to be reworked anyway)

Framer might just need a total overhaul though as this would make disguiser take most of it's power.
Favourite Roles (To play)
Spoiler: Town: Jailor
Mafia: Consort
NE: Witch
NB: Guardian Angel
Coven: Necromancer
NC: Pirate
Soulshade55r
Blackmailer
Blackmailer

Postby PatrykSzczescie » Thu Oct 06, 2022 8:10 am

Disguiser can be very effective against Spy/LO especially on TPLO meta, depending on who's the other RM. Watch disguised Consort/Blackmailer visiting confirmed townie watched by LO who incriminates a non-maf member or spy who outs wrong mafia visits.
PatrykSzczescie
Transporter
Transporter

Return to Feedback