Why should anyone be excited about a new game from you?

Put any feedback about the game here.

Re: Why should anyone be excited about a new game from you?

Postby dbpeanut » Sun May 02, 2021 2:44 am

Also, it's worth stating that maybe I'm perceived as hostile, and maybe correctly, but I'm neither in an official position, nor should my clearly minority actions be taken as how the community would respond. Clearly, I'm just frustrated by the overall lack of satisfactory information. As a lot of people are. I just handle it in a more vocal way.
dbpeanut
Transporter
Transporter

Postby Flavorable » Sun May 02, 2021 3:06 am

Actually, most people I've spoken to (and seen across Steam, Reddit and these forums) never even remotely wondered whether ToS would be shut down or not, so the question isn't as common as you think and let's be fair, the consistent hostility and nay-saying in these threads of yourself and Silvercruz banding together does not invite anyone staff-wise to respond, because the two of you continue to be unnecessarily rude and keep trying to push in hopes for a staff member to give you the answers you want instead of the actual answers. And to be honest, as much as we love helping the community, we're still unpaid volunteers, and humans, so most of us would rather spend our already valuable free time actually helping people best we can than spend it pointlessly arguing with people who don't like the answer they're getting.

You want more information? Great! That's what the "stay tuned" in the announcement is for.
No reply to your support ticket after 15 business days? PM me with your ticket number.

You may PM me for clarifications on appeal verdicts, but keep in mind the verdict will not change.

Do you have 151+ games played and want to help rid the community of toxic players and gamethrowers? Join the Trial System today: https://www.blankmediagames.com/Trial/#start

Also, check out the Trial System Discord Server: https://discord.gg/K5SnyJS
Flavorable
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby dbpeanut » Sun May 02, 2021 3:13 am

Flavorable wrote:Actually, most people I've spoken to (and seen across Steam, Reddit and these forums) never even remotely wondered whether ToS would be shut down or not, so the question isn't as common as you think and let's be fair, the consistent hostility and nay-saying in these threads of yourself and Silvercruz banding together does not invite anyone staff-wise to respond, because the two of you continue to be unnecessarily rude and keep trying to push in hopes for a staff member to give you the answers you want instead of the actual answers. And to be honest, as much as we love helping the community, we're still unpaid volunteers, and humans, so most of us would rather spend our already valuable free time actually helping people best we can than spend it pointlessly arguing with people who don't like the answer they're getting.

You want more information? Great! That's what the "stay tuned" in the announcement is for.

You don't have to argue with us, you literally don't. All I personally want is information to either exist or become publically available.

And, even if you don't personally encounter people who wonder if TOS would be shut down or not, you know they're still out there. You know that part is true.

Maybe just make a FAQ, update it as devs say stuff? I don't think that's too much to ask.

You're unpaid volunteers, which I fully believe, that probably means you're really hoping on BMG to succeed. Not a lot of people are going to agree with that mindset though.
Regardless, you're all still acting in official positions.
A lot of what you say can come back to hurt BMG.

And no offense to you or any other moderator, but probably isn't best to refer people to "Stay tuned!" if that's exactly what people are complaining about. Especially after a fairly long time of just seeing picture after picture with no real information, just to get a title and barely any information.

Like it's clearly not your fault but you might wanna avoid that.
dbpeanut
Transporter
Transporter

Postby dolphina » Sun May 02, 2021 8:37 am

Summary of above comment:

"Grrrr i'm mad because mod should tell us thing even though mod doesn't know exactly what's going on grrrrrrr"

Also if ToS servers were being shut down im p sure devs would announce it
Hi. I'm Caleb, and you're watching Disney Channel.

vocaloid KAITO #1 fan

He/they pronouns. Trans rights! I have fifteen names and infinite anxiety. I am the transgender masculine.

PM me for my Discord!
I’m a self proclaimed anarchist, and a god of chaos (apparently).
My stinky FM Record
dolphina
Blackmailer
Blackmailer

Postby Joacgroso » Sun May 02, 2021 11:10 am

Just to make it clear, when I implied the game was going to die I meant it in a figurative way (as in it wouldn't be updated again). Then I only said I didn't know wheter it was going to be shut down or not because I don't know about the cost of keeping it alive.

I'm sorry, dbpeanut, but I don't really think Levin was being hostile with his reply. Even if you got annoyed by the "common sense" remark, I do think your hostility was excesive. Sure, you can be like that because you are a customer, but it's true that being less hostile may increase the odds of some dev talking here. As Levin said, they won't even feel tempted to come here otherwise. You may be heard by other users and by mods, but not by the devs who are the actually important targets.

It's not like I don't get your frustration, though.
Joacgroso wrote:I feel like I went from Light Yagami to Keiichi Maebara.

I still hope one day the game will have private lobbies. They would really help.
Also, please nerf vampire hunters.
Joacgroso
Werewolf
Werewolf

Postby LevinSnakesRise » Sun May 02, 2021 12:00 pm

dolphina wrote:Summary of above comment:

"Grrrr i'm mad because mod should tell us thing even though mod doesn't know exactly what's going on grrrrrrr"

As much as this sums up the mood here pretty well, let’s avoid this or I’ll just lock the thread and nip this in the bud.

I’ve worked in customer service for 8+ years and never once let a single customer talk to me like dirt, and it hasn't and won’t start here on a forum where I’m not paid to dedicate my time to the game, forum, and Trial System, the last two I’ll be taking over soon. The “customer is always right” motto has devolved from its original meaning of “The customer knows what they want, don’t try to sell them something else” into a “IM RIGHT EVEN WHEN IM WRONG” mentality and any establishment that actually accepts this meaning and allows abuse of their employees doesn’t deserve to be in business, period. If BMG sees fit to remove me after 7+ years of dealing with racist spammers doxxing me, targeting me, impersonating me, or otherwise for them instead of them handling it themselves, with no action from them to protect or minimize my personal damage, so be it, however I’ve become much better with my attitude since, I actually contribute very little, if any at all, to their bad PR, and how ever you perceive it (again) is a you problem, not mine. This is neither hostile or rude; it’s a fact of the matter.

I’m done commenting on this thread, as it has basically ran it’s course, and there’s no reason for it to be contributed to any further other than developer response at this point, but I’ll leave it open on the off-chance someone does contribute something meaningful. Anything else is just going to feed into the negativity and nobody will get responded to in any official manner.

I apologize there's not any information regarding Traitors in Salem publicly available past what the Developers have stated, and I'm sorry this isn't to your liking.
Any available information is on the website; http://traitorsinsalem.com
If you want more information, you either have to ask the Developers and hope you get lucky, or “stay tuned”(TM). It’s also safe to assume they’ll post updates on the Announcements forum, so keep an eye there too, as well as Facebook and Twitter (if you have either of those).

If you'd like a non-official response to "Why should anyone be excited about a new game from you" I can provide a few pointers;
- Sure, the Developers have made some mistakes over the past 9 years since they started Town of Salem.
- Sure, they might have created something similar to Among Us (everyone is just assuming it's an Among Us rip-off, several have actually mentioned it sounds like TTT (Traitors in Terrorist Town)), but we don't know what it is yet, so we shouldn't let preconceived notions sway us from one side to another immediately.
- It's up to you whether you should allow them a second shot at trying their hands at another game. If you don't want to? Cool, don't. If you do, that's cool too.
- I'm personally indifferent and won't make a decision until more is revealed, and I encourage more people to take this stance; unless you can't get past the issues you have with how Town of Salem is, then you're left to your own devices.
- We all agree the card game was a waste of time.
Please contact BMG with any questions regarding your account issues;
support@blankmediagames.zendesk.com

Thanks.
LevinSnakesRise
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby OreCreeper » Sun May 02, 2021 12:01 pm

I highly doubt that they'll just shut down town of salem immediately without even evaluating the success of the new game when it comes out, but I can imagine that they'll probably give TOS little more than a biannual eyeballing now or just stop working on the game altogether and leave it to run the way it is now, and when the profits generated by the game no longer make up for the cost of running the game, they'll just shut down the servers. However, if "traitors in salem" ends up being a massive flop, then the devs will probably go back to working on tos, at least for the time being. It's clear though that "traitors in salem" only exists to leech off of the fame of among us, especially considering basically nobody in this community asked for this game and knowing the cash-grabby attitude of the devs. I guess they want to give up on tos because the game isn't making as much profit as they had hoped.
OreCreeper
Vigilante
Vigilante

Postby dbpeanut » Sun May 02, 2021 12:55 pm

LevinSnakesRise wrote:

As much as this sums up the mood here pretty well, let’s avoid this or I’ll just lock the thread and nip this in the bud.

I’ve worked in customer service for 8+ years and never once let a single customer talk to me like dirt, and it hasn't and won’t start here on a forum where I’m not paid to dedicate my time to the game, forum, and Trial System, the last two I’ll be taking over soon. The “customer is always right” motto has devolved from its original meaning of “The customer knows what they want, don’t try to sell them something else” into a “IM RIGHT EVEN WHEN IM WRONG” mentality and any establishment that actually accepts this meaning and allows abuse of their employees doesn’t deserve to be in business, period. If BMG sees fit to remove me after 7+ years of dealing with racist spammers doxxing me, targeting me, impersonating me, or otherwise for them instead of them handling it themselves, with no action from them to protect or minimize my personal damage, so be it, however I’ve become much better with my attitude since, I actually contribute very little, if any at all, to their bad PR, and how ever you perceive it (again) is a you problem, not mine. This is neither hostile or rude; it’s a fact of the matter.

I’m done commenting on this thread, as it has basically ran it’s course, and there’s no reason for it to be contributed to any further other than developer response at this point, but I’ll leave it open on the off-chance someone does contribute something meaningful. Anything else is just going to feed into the negativity and nobody will get responded to in any official manner.

I apologize there's not any information regarding Traitors in Salem publicly available past what the Developers have stated, and I'm sorry this isn't to your liking.
Any available information is on the website; http://traitorsinsalem.com
If you want more information, you either have to ask the Developers and hope you get lucky, or “stay tuned”(TM). It’s also safe to assume they’ll post updates on the Announcements forum, so keep an eye there too, as well as Facebook and Twitter (if you have either of those).

If you'd like a non-official response to "Why should anyone be excited about a new game from you" I can provide a few pointers;
- Sure, the Developers have made some mistakes over the past 9 years since they started Town of Salem.
- Sure, they might have created something similar to Among Us (everyone is just assuming it's an Among Us rip-off, several have actually mentioned it sounds like TTT (Traitors in Terrorist Town)), but we don't know what it is yet, so we shouldn't let preconceived notions sway us from one side to another immediately.
- It's up to you whether you should allow them a second shot at trying their hands at another game. If you don't want to? Cool, don't. If you do, that's cool too.
- I'm personally indifferent and won't make a decision until more is revealed, and I encourage more people to take this stance; unless you can't get past the issues you have with how Town of Salem is, then you're left to your own devices.
- We all agree the card game was a waste of time.

I actually think overall this was a really good response. Thank you.
dbpeanut
Transporter
Transporter

Postby Soulshade55r » Sun May 02, 2021 1:34 pm

I'm just going to wait and see what the game is like personally, I don't play much tos anymore, I guess it also depends on how expensive it all is.

I'm not keeping too high expectations but I think it's worth just waiting and seeing what it's going to be like, amoug us came across as bland to me sure the first 30ish games were kinda new but the lack of variety really killed it quick for me while tos had plenty of roles and stuff and role lists so it can be fun for quite a while until it gets stale.

I'll wait and see what approach they'll go for, no neutrals sounds kinda lame but I understand why, I don't think they were bad for the game unless we're talking about ranked.
Favourite Roles (To play)
Spoiler: Town: Jailor
Mafia: Consort
NE: Witch
NB: Guardian Angel
Coven: Necromancer
NC: Pirate
Soulshade55r
Blackmailer
Blackmailer

Postby SilverCruz » Sun May 02, 2021 2:20 pm

Flavorable wrote:Actually, most people I've spoken to (and seen across Steam, Reddit and these forums) never even remotely wondered whether ToS would be shut down or not, so the question isn't as common as you think and let's be fair, the consistent hostility and nay-saying in these threads of yourself and Silvercruz banding together does not invite anyone staff-wise to respond, because the two of you continue to be unnecessarily rude and keep trying to push in hopes for a staff member to give you the answers you want instead of the actual answers. And to be honest, as much as we love helping the community, we're still unpaid volunteers, and humans, so most of us would rather spend our already valuable free time actually helping people best we can than spend it pointlessly arguing with people who don't like the answer they're getting.

I'd like to point out I only mentioned that as a possibility. It was a possibility. Now, it has been claimed against.

That said, I still see no other reasonable outcome than that this game will continue to be neglected. Also, "the answers you want instead of the actual answers.". The answers I want are literally anything, yet the only thing I've gotten is this.

shapesifter13 wrote:We do read the forums. We just don't reply to everything, because that would end up being multiple full time jobs, but random town in classic won't roll any coven roles, because classic doesn't have coven roles, so its already random classic.

Not only was that pretty much irrelevant to the topic at hand because it misunderstood it (it was one about Classic and a suggestion that Classic's Random Town be changed to a bracket that forbids any role that would be guaranteed to be the Random Town, such as Spy, Transporter, or Mayor, I grant I could've been more specific but maybe calling the non-Coven side of the game the same thing as an existing role list wasn't the best move), that statement about "We just don't reply to everything, because that would end up being multiple full time jobs" rings hollow because of what they've been spending their time on (as far as this game is concerned, working on another game is the same as doing nothing), nevermind that with the user volume I can't see it being too hard to monitor three sub-forums in particular (since Suggestions, Feedback, and Role Ideas are the only ones relevant to the developers on a business level). But talking to you here since you said flatly that you're done with this one is a waste, so... you know.

There you are. Thought you'd be keeping your head down after your small indie team that's too busy working on the game to talk to anybody turned out to not be working on the game at all.

Nyee-hee-hee.

Soulshade55r wrote:I'm just going to wait and see what the game is like personally, I don't play much tos anymore, I guess it also depends on how expensive it all is.

I'm not keeping too high expectations but I think it's worth just waiting and seeing what it's going to be like, amoug us came across as bland to me sure the first 30ish games were kinda new but the lack of variety really killed it quick for me while tos had plenty of roles and stuff and role lists so it can be fun for quite a while until it gets stale.

I'll wait and see what approach they'll go for, no neutrals sounds kinda lame but I understand why, I don't think they were bad for the game unless we're talking about ranked.

Speaking of stale I still would adore a standard Neutral Killing role list. I tried Town Traitor and even got the Traitor spot (Lookout, incidentally), but that still felt really basic and pokey.
I know what I'm doing, generally, but I have no grace at all when things start to spin out of control.

I'd like to address the latter part, but I wouldn't know the first thing about that.
SilverCruz
Sheriff
Sheriff

Postby dolphina » Sun May 02, 2021 4:25 pm

SilverCruz wrote:

There you are. Thought you'd be keeping your head down after your small indie team that's too busy working on the game to talk to anybody turned out to not be working on the game at all.

Nyee-hee-hee.

well no matter what, they were still too busy working on a game to talk to anybody

And if i have to pay money for this i'll kiss goodbye to my wallet
or maybe not, maybe i should kiss goodbye to my wallet on something else

persona 4 golden is on steam and on sale

vocaloid KAITO #1 fan

He/they pronouns. Trans rights! I have fifteen names and infinite anxiety. I am the transgender masculine.

PM me for my Discord!
My stinky FM Record
dolphina
Blackmailer
Blackmailer

Postby delaware22 » Mon May 03, 2021 9:35 am

Can't be bothered to create a good core game experience but you're right there to piggyback off of Among Us' success with a ripoff.

Not a good look. Hope people see through it.
delaware22
Jester
Jester

Postby Joacgroso » Mon May 03, 2021 9:40 am

To be fair, it's not like ToS is an original concept.

I still hope one day the game will have private lobbies. They would really help.
Joacgroso
Werewolf
Werewolf

Postby dolphina » Mon May 03, 2021 12:13 pm

delaware22 wrote:Can't be bothered to create a good core game experience but you're right there to piggyback off of Among Us' success with a ripoff.

Not a good look. Hope people see through it.

some people have said it's more like trouble in terrorist town but whatever

vocaloid KAITO #1 fan

PM me for my Discord!
My stinky FM Record
dolphina
Blackmailer
Blackmailer

Postby Joacgroso » Mon May 03, 2021 12:14 pm

I don't think it will be a shooter.

Joacgroso
Werewolf
Werewolf

Postby dbpeanut » Mon May 03, 2021 12:34 pm

I mean it's clearly Among Us. Free roam, similar idea of simple, close and personal executions. Likely will be some sort of trial system considering that's also core to TOS.

Trouble in Terrorist Town, if you've ever played it, is extremely based around killing and much less deceit. Almost every tool the Traitors have is based around killing people quickly or discretely. Also, the Terrorists and the Traitors are at equal levels of dangerous ultimately, just one is less prone to act on it.

Whereas Among Us is more centered around deceit but not as much as TOS. Among Us gives you more tools to cattle people, or to cover your tracks. Killing is more or less tactical than TTT.

When people say TiS is more akin to TTT, tbh it just makes me think they have Among Us and TTT confused, considering the animation and info they've dropped clearly shows they're going for an Among Us style game.
dbpeanut
Transporter
Transporter

Postby Atalanta8 » Tue May 04, 2021 11:48 pm

dbpeanut wrote:Among Us succeeds because the devs care about the game and the community more than money. .

Among is is incredibly toxic. Not the imposter, you leave, no punishment. Filled with racists and homophobes. No rank system, so you're constantly on servers with no brain 8 year old's.

I liked the game but couldn't stand the toxicity of it all.
Atalanta8
Spy
Spy

Postby dbpeanut » Wed May 05, 2021 5:43 am

Atalanta8 wrote:
dbpeanut wrote:Among Us succeeds because the devs care about the game and the community more than money. .

Among is is incredibly toxic. Not the imposter, you leave, no punishment. Filled with racists and homophobes. No rank system, so you're constantly on servers with no brain 8 year old's.

It wasn't like that last I played, which was airship launch. Did something change or just more of a regional issue (which is still a big issue)
dbpeanut
Transporter
Transporter

Postby Joacgroso » Wed May 05, 2021 6:20 am

Nothing changed. In any case, that's probably because they weren't expecting the game to get so big, and therefore so toxic.
I follow the creators and they seem to really care about the game, it's just that developing a report system seems to take some time. They are working on it, though. At least now little kids need permisson from a parent before being able to write their own messages.

Joacgroso
Werewolf
Werewolf

Postby Atalanta8 » Wed May 05, 2021 11:36 am

dbpeanut wrote:
Atalanta8 wrote:

It wasn't like that last I played, which was airship launch. Did something change or just more of a regional issue (which is still a big issue)

I haven't played in months becasue I couldn't stand it.
Atalanta8
Spy
Spy

Previous

Return to Feedback