Spamming Rules are way too leniant.

Put any feedback about the game here.

Re: Spamming Rules are way too leniant.

Postby SpiritWolfLord » Fri Apr 09, 2021 12:18 am

I literally said people who talk in caps lock all game, Quartz. Not one or two messages. Stop pushing my post as bad because one or two messages with caps lock isn't spam. I literally said one or two is fine. It's people who leave caps on the whole game and might occasionally write in lowercase if they want to get around the caps lock filter. There's a reason the filter is there in the first place, but people still manage to get around it. And it's currently not against the rules to spam caps lock. That's the whole reason I made this post.
SpiritWolfLord
Transporter
Transporter
 
Posts: 114
Joined: Sat Jan 13, 2018 8:40 pm

Re: Spamming Rules are way too leniant.

Postby Yemac » Mon Apr 12, 2021 12:14 pm

The problem with the spamming rule is that people just post something in caps 4 times.

"MY NAME IS VIGILANTE AND I AM THE MAYOR OF THIS TOWN TP/LO ON ME OR DIE TOMORROW!"
"MY NAME IS VIGILANTE AND I AM THE MAYOR OF THIS TOWN TP/LO ON ME OR DIE TOMORROW!"
"MY NAME IS VIGILANTE AND I AM THE MAYOR OF THIS TOWN TP/LO ON ME OR DIE TOMORROW!"
"MY NAME IS VIGILANTE AND I AM THE MAYOR OF THIS TOWN TP/LO ON ME OR DIE TOMORROW!"

Somehow this is not spam
Yemac
Bodyguard
Bodyguard
 
Posts: 240
Joined: Sat May 05, 2018 9:46 am

Re: Spamming Rules are way too leniant.

Postby syjfwbaobfwl » Mon Apr 12, 2021 12:57 pm

Yemac wrote:The problem with the spamming rule is that people just post something in caps 4 times.

"MY NAME IS VIGILANTE AND I AM THE MAYOR OF THIS TOWN TP/LO ON ME OR DIE TOMORROW!"
"MY NAME IS VIGILANTE AND I AM THE MAYOR OF THIS TOWN TP/LO ON ME OR DIE TOMORROW!"
"MY NAME IS VIGILANTE AND I AM THE MAYOR OF THIS TOWN TP/LO ON ME OR DIE TOMORROW!"
"MY NAME IS VIGILANTE AND I AM THE MAYOR OF THIS TOWN TP/LO ON ME OR DIE TOMORROW!"

Somehow this is not spam


it is, Flavorable said that the numbers are not set in stone and that (in some situations) common sense goes over numbers
syjfwbaobfwl
Veteran
Veteran
 
Posts: 450
Joined: Thu May 07, 2020 1:50 pm

Re: Spamming Rules are way too leniant.

Postby EqsyLootz » Mon Apr 12, 2021 3:28 pm

Yemac wrote:The problem with the spamming rule is that people just post something in caps 4 times.

"MY NAME IS VIGILANTE AND I AM THE MAYOR OF THIS TOWN TP/LO ON ME OR DIE TOMORROW!"
"MY NAME IS VIGILANTE AND I AM THE MAYOR OF THIS TOWN TP/LO ON ME OR DIE TOMORROW!"
"MY NAME IS VIGILANTE AND I AM THE MAYOR OF THIS TOWN TP/LO ON ME OR DIE TOMORROW!"
"MY NAME IS VIGILANTE AND I AM THE MAYOR OF THIS TOWN TP/LO ON ME OR DIE TOMORROW!"

Somehow this is not spam


The rules are the rules. It is not classified as spam however a common history of a player doing this could warrent a suspension take note. But this is of course the judges decision.
Who Am I! What Do I Do? Where am I? Wait where did I Come from? All questions to be answered. Mysteries among us.

Spoiler: Forums Mafia Stats! Win 5 Loss 5 Broken/Draw 1
FM Stats!
Most Recent Town Game: VFM 66
Most Recent Scum Game: SFM 79

Hosted:
XX5 - Town Win!
SFM 70 - Mafia Win!
VFM 69 - Mafia Win!
User avatar
EqsyLootz
Retributionist
Retributionist
 
Posts: 387
Joined: Tue Sep 11, 2018 3:10 pm
Location: In my mom's basement...

Re: Spamming Rules are way too leniant.

Postby syjfwbaobfwl » Mon Apr 12, 2021 3:36 pm

EqsyLootz wrote:
Yemac wrote:The problem with the spamming rule is that people just post something in caps 4 times.

"MY NAME IS VIGILANTE AND I AM THE MAYOR OF THIS TOWN TP/LO ON ME OR DIE TOMORROW!"
"MY NAME IS VIGILANTE AND I AM THE MAYOR OF THIS TOWN TP/LO ON ME OR DIE TOMORROW!"
"MY NAME IS VIGILANTE AND I AM THE MAYOR OF THIS TOWN TP/LO ON ME OR DIE TOMORROW!"
"MY NAME IS VIGILANTE AND I AM THE MAYOR OF THIS TOWN TP/LO ON ME OR DIE TOMORROW!"

Somehow this is not spam


The rules are the rules. It is not classified as spam however a common history of a player doing this could warrent a suspension take note. But this is of course the judges decision.


It is classified as spam, its common sense
syjfwbaobfwl
Veteran
Veteran
 
Posts: 450
Joined: Thu May 07, 2020 1:50 pm

Re: Spamming Rules are way too leniant.

Postby EqsyLootz » Mon Apr 12, 2021 4:17 pm

syjfwbaobfwl wrote:
EqsyLootz wrote:
Yemac wrote:The problem with the spamming rule is that people just post something in caps 4 times.

"MY NAME IS VIGILANTE AND I AM THE MAYOR OF THIS TOWN TP/LO ON ME OR DIE TOMORROW!"
"MY NAME IS VIGILANTE AND I AM THE MAYOR OF THIS TOWN TP/LO ON ME OR DIE TOMORROW!"
"MY NAME IS VIGILANTE AND I AM THE MAYOR OF THIS TOWN TP/LO ON ME OR DIE TOMORROW!"
"MY NAME IS VIGILANTE AND I AM THE MAYOR OF THIS TOWN TP/LO ON ME OR DIE TOMORROW!"

Somehow this is not spam


The rules are the rules. It is not classified as spam however a common history of a player doing this could warrent a suspension take note. But this is of course the judges decision.


It is classified as spam, its common sense


If it was classified as spam people would be punished for that frequently.
Who Am I! What Do I Do? Where am I? Wait where did I Come from? All questions to be answered. Mysteries among us.

Spoiler: Forums Mafia Stats! Win 5 Loss 5 Broken/Draw 1
FM Stats!
Most Recent Town Game: VFM 66
Most Recent Scum Game: SFM 79

Hosted:
XX5 - Town Win!
SFM 70 - Mafia Win!
VFM 69 - Mafia Win!
User avatar
EqsyLootz
Retributionist
Retributionist
 
Posts: 387
Joined: Tue Sep 11, 2018 3:10 pm
Location: In my mom's basement...

Re: Spamming Rules are way too leniant.

Postby Yemac » Mon Apr 12, 2021 4:35 pm

It is? Everytime people in game tell me "It's not spam until they do it 5 times in a row". And if they only do it once during D1 but they do it every game, they say that that's still allowed.

But it really gets on my nerves when you have like 5 people who do this and you get 20 lines of just full on caps mayhem
Yemac
Bodyguard
Bodyguard
 
Posts: 240
Joined: Sat May 05, 2018 9:46 am

Re: Spamming Rules are way too leniant.

Postby dbpeanut » Tue Apr 13, 2021 12:11 am

Yeah no spamming rules are and always have been too lenient. That's actually a pretty common situation in Coven All Any where you'll have guys spam the same message exactly 4 times per game in 3 different games.
dbpeanut
Transporter
Transporter
 
Posts: 115
Joined: Wed Oct 28, 2015 10:21 pm

Re: Spamming Rules are way too leniant.

Postby EqsyLootz » Tue Apr 13, 2021 9:01 am

well you don't have to worry as the rules are getting revamped soon, indicating the rules will now be more severe which should hopefully solve your problems!
Who Am I! What Do I Do? Where am I? Wait where did I Come from? All questions to be answered. Mysteries among us.

Spoiler: Forums Mafia Stats! Win 5 Loss 5 Broken/Draw 1
FM Stats!
Most Recent Town Game: VFM 66
Most Recent Scum Game: SFM 79

Hosted:
XX5 - Town Win!
SFM 70 - Mafia Win!
VFM 69 - Mafia Win!
User avatar
EqsyLootz
Retributionist
Retributionist
 
Posts: 387
Joined: Tue Sep 11, 2018 3:10 pm
Location: In my mom's basement...

Re: Spamming Rules are way too leniant.

Postby dbpeanut » Tue Apr 13, 2021 9:23 am

The spamming rules don't need to be too severe, just less loopholes.
dbpeanut
Transporter
Transporter
 
Posts: 115
Joined: Wed Oct 28, 2015 10:21 pm

Re: Spamming Rules are way too leniant.

Postby EqsyLootz » Tue Apr 13, 2021 2:18 pm

dbpeanut wrote:The spamming rules don't need to be too severe, just less loopholes.


And your suggestions are?
Who Am I! What Do I Do? Where am I? Wait where did I Come from? All questions to be answered. Mysteries among us.

Spoiler: Forums Mafia Stats! Win 5 Loss 5 Broken/Draw 1
FM Stats!
Most Recent Town Game: VFM 66
Most Recent Scum Game: SFM 79

Hosted:
XX5 - Town Win!
SFM 70 - Mafia Win!
VFM 69 - Mafia Win!
User avatar
EqsyLootz
Retributionist
Retributionist
 
Posts: 387
Joined: Tue Sep 11, 2018 3:10 pm
Location: In my mom's basement...

Re: Spamming Rules are way too leniant.

Postby syjfwbaobfwl » Tue Apr 13, 2021 2:33 pm

EqsyLootz wrote:
dbpeanut wrote:The spamming rules don't need to be too severe, just less loopholes.


And your suggestions are?


Change the numer and instead say somethig like "any sequence of messages which doesnt contributes to anything but flooding the chat is considered spam"

So coming d1 and say "YAYAYSYSYSYYSHSHSHSGAUGWJSHWJSHAJSVWUHWJEKRNNDKEJENEKRKEKBDJDKDBKSJSJWJS"
4 times and then d2 say something similar (although not equal) is considered spamming

Also sending all your messages in caps should be considered spam aswell
syjfwbaobfwl
Veteran
Veteran
 
Posts: 450
Joined: Thu May 07, 2020 1:50 pm

Re: Spamming Rules are way too leniant.

Postby dbpeanut » Tue Apr 13, 2021 3:01 pm

I mean just don't allow the same exact message 4 times. That's a loophole. Another loophole is spreading it across games, IE- copy and pasting the exact same message across 3-4 games.
Another loophole is changing 1-2 characters, normally replacing numbers. IE- "I saw 8 visit and kill 10!" and not a second later "I saw 10 visit and kill 8", of course that's a very basic example. If there's any particular rule that needs to be changed to catch more people, it's the spamming rule.
Because you know, spamming drastically impacts the game way more than leaving or gamethrowing, and we all know how hard they go on those.
dbpeanut
Transporter
Transporter
 
Posts: 115
Joined: Wed Oct 28, 2015 10:21 pm

Re: Spamming Rules are way too leniant.

Postby EqsyLootz » Tue Apr 13, 2021 6:19 pm

syjfwbaobfwl wrote:
EqsyLootz wrote:
dbpeanut wrote:The spamming rules don't need to be too severe, just less loopholes.


And your suggestions are?


Change the numer and instead say somethig like "any sequence of messages which doesnt contributes to anything but flooding the chat is considered spam"

So coming d1 and say "YAYAYSYSYSYYSHSHSHSGAUGWJSHWJSHAJSVWUHWJEKRNNDKEJENEKRKEKBDJDKDBKSJSJWJS"
4 times and then d2 say something similar (although not equal) is considered spamming

Also sending all your messages in caps should be considered spam aswell


The spamming guide needs to be more precise. As in a specific guideline for jurors and judges to follow in order to determine was is classified as spam. Elsewise there will be issues when it comes to determining what is considered spam which could cause split votes in the juror system.
Who Am I! What Do I Do? Where am I? Wait where did I Come from? All questions to be answered. Mysteries among us.

Spoiler: Forums Mafia Stats! Win 5 Loss 5 Broken/Draw 1
FM Stats!
Most Recent Town Game: VFM 66
Most Recent Scum Game: SFM 79

Hosted:
XX5 - Town Win!
SFM 70 - Mafia Win!
VFM 69 - Mafia Win!
User avatar
EqsyLootz
Retributionist
Retributionist
 
Posts: 387
Joined: Tue Sep 11, 2018 3:10 pm
Location: In my mom's basement...

Re: Spamming Rules are way too leniant.

Postby cob709 » Wed Apr 14, 2021 9:28 pm

why is there not a discussion board for each case in the juror system? this would allow jurors to communicate with each other and let judges see the jury's thoughts
I SEE ALL
User avatar
cob709
Jailor
Jailor
 
Posts: 785
Joined: Sat Aug 12, 2017 9:44 am

Re: Spamming Rules are way too leniant.

Postby LevinSnakesRise » Wed Apr 14, 2021 9:35 pm

cob709 wrote:why is there not a discussion board for each case in the juror system? this would allow jurors to communicate with each other and let judges see the jury's thoughts

This is covered in the Trial System subforum, somewhere.
I am an Administrator for BlankMediaGames, however I cannot reset your password, change your email, etc.
Please email the Developers below to open a ticket and have them assist you;
support@blankmediagames.zendesk.com


Image . Image
Image | Image
(I do not handle open appeals outside of the Appeals forum. This includes via PMs, Discord Messages, and the like. Please do not contact me about your appeal.)
User avatar
LevinSnakesRise
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
 
Posts: 16410
Joined: Thu Aug 07, 2014 9:45 pm
Location: USA

Re: Spamming Rules are way too leniant.

Postby cob709 » Wed Apr 14, 2021 9:42 pm

LevinSnakesRise wrote:
cob709 wrote:why is there not a discussion board for each case in the juror system? this would allow jurors to communicate with each other and let judges see the jury's thoughts

This is covered in the Trial System subforum, somewhere.

where
I SEE ALL
User avatar
cob709
Jailor
Jailor
 
Posts: 785
Joined: Sat Aug 12, 2017 9:44 am

Re: Spamming Rules are way too leniant.

Postby LevinSnakesRise » Wed Apr 14, 2021 10:00 pm

cob709 wrote:
LevinSnakesRise wrote:
cob709 wrote:why is there not a discussion board for each case in the juror system? this would allow jurors to communicate with each other and let judges see the jury's thoughts

This is covered in the Trial System subforum, somewhere.

where

somewhere

edit: viewtopic.php?f=72&t=104603
I am an Administrator for BlankMediaGames, however I cannot reset your password, change your email, etc.
Please email the Developers below to open a ticket and have them assist you;
support@blankmediagames.zendesk.com


Image . Image
Image | Image
(I do not handle open appeals outside of the Appeals forum. This includes via PMs, Discord Messages, and the like. Please do not contact me about your appeal.)
User avatar
LevinSnakesRise
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
 
Posts: 16410
Joined: Thu Aug 07, 2014 9:45 pm
Location: USA

Re: Spamming Rules are way too leniant.

Postby EqsyLootz » Thu Apr 15, 2021 8:00 am

LevinSnakesRise wrote:
cob709 wrote:
LevinSnakesRise wrote:
cob709 wrote:why is there not a discussion board for each case in the juror system? this would allow jurors to communicate with each other and let judges see the jury's thoughts

This is covered in the Trial System subforum, somewhere.

where

somewhere

edit: viewtopic.php?f=72&t=104603


I don't think that's what they meant. Anyways cob there is the ToS Discord Server where you can ask many questions and communicate over the reports if that's what you're requesting.
Who Am I! What Do I Do? Where am I? Wait where did I Come from? All questions to be answered. Mysteries among us.

Spoiler: Forums Mafia Stats! Win 5 Loss 5 Broken/Draw 1
FM Stats!
Most Recent Town Game: VFM 66
Most Recent Scum Game: SFM 79

Hosted:
XX5 - Town Win!
SFM 70 - Mafia Win!
VFM 69 - Mafia Win!
User avatar
EqsyLootz
Retributionist
Retributionist
 
Posts: 387
Joined: Tue Sep 11, 2018 3:10 pm
Location: In my mom's basement...

Re: Spamming Rules are way too leniant.

Postby Emily372 » Mon Apr 19, 2021 10:11 am

Maybe something like 4+ of the same messages per phase, or 10+ of the same messages per game?
Serial Killer has killed the TT Jailor... and now the Town has congratulated that serial killer for no reason.
That TT Jailor has a will covered in blood, making it unreadable...
Since there is no medium, the town lost to the SK.
User avatar
Emily372
Witch
Witch
 
Posts: 48
Joined: Sun Nov 15, 2020 6:32 pm
Location: Trapped in the tower.

Re: Spamming Rules are way too leniant.

Postby EqsyLootz » Mon Apr 19, 2021 10:13 am

Emily372 wrote:Maybe something like 4+ of the same messages per phase, or 10+ of the same messages per game?


That's just making things more strict and then someone can just loophole that too by doing 3 times the same message Day 1 and the cycle continues.
Who Am I! What Do I Do? Where am I? Wait where did I Come from? All questions to be answered. Mysteries among us.

Spoiler: Forums Mafia Stats! Win 5 Loss 5 Broken/Draw 1
FM Stats!
Most Recent Town Game: VFM 66
Most Recent Scum Game: SFM 79

Hosted:
XX5 - Town Win!
SFM 70 - Mafia Win!
VFM 69 - Mafia Win!
User avatar
EqsyLootz
Retributionist
Retributionist
 
Posts: 387
Joined: Tue Sep 11, 2018 3:10 pm
Location: In my mom's basement...

Re: Spamming Rules are way too leniant.

Postby mdntranger » Mon Apr 19, 2021 12:00 pm

I would say that everyone is trying too hard to objectify a subjective thing. I equate spam to more of a smell test...you know it when you see it. If it stinks, it's bad. Everybody is looking for cut and dry parameters as to when something is going to be considered spam, when there is a subjective point that needs to be decided (trial system) if it's helping or hurting the game.

My suggestion is to let the automated spam system and reporting system take care of it. The automated system appears to be catching the most blatant spam attacks (warnings within the game to auto-suspension for continued abuse). If two or more people think that someone is spamming, let them report it and allow the jurors/judges to determine if it was spam as it relates to the game. Heck, increase the bar and make it 3 or 4 reports (just for spamming, though). Put out that these are the spamming guidelines and that you *may* be guilty of spam if you meet any of these conditions (current list seems appropriate). Let the judgement process determine if it was detrimental spam or was a part of the game. One final component that may be needed for reports is timestamps. 5 messages, one right after the other would be more detrimental than 5 messages spread out over the entire cycle, especially if the chat is particularly *chatty*. I disagree with the fact that some people who are trying to be heard in a noisy game and therefore say the same thing one time every 8 seconds gets suspended(triggering the 5 message rule) whereas someone else who spouts the same line 4 times in a row that has absolutely nothing to do with the game at hand does not.
mdntranger
Witch
Witch
 
Posts: 45
Joined: Sat Aug 06, 2016 12:04 pm

Re: Spamming Rules are way too leniant.

Postby Descender » Mon Apr 19, 2021 2:09 pm

SpiritWolfLord wrote:You know why this game is dying? Because every game feels like a spam fest. Using caps all game or other ways of making your messages stick out basically turns the game into a listen to me game. No one likes playing with these players except the people who spam. People leave ranked because these players repeatedly get away with things that are quite clearly spam. I don't play as much because of it, and quite frankly, I'm about to stop entirely. It's not even a game anymore. It's a spam contest.

and so, the entire ranked community got banned
i hope
User avatar
Descender
Mafioso
Mafioso
 
Posts: 1348
Joined: Sat Aug 06, 2016 4:55 am
Location: not descending anymore

Previous

Return to Feedback

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests