Wiki on "Dusa"

Put any feedback about the game here.

Wiki on "Dusa"

Postby weknowyoulive » Sun Mar 28, 2021 5:52 am

Three times, people have tried changing Medusa's abbrieviation of "Med/Medu" to "Medu/Dusa", since Med is Medium, and EVERYONE calls it Dusa.

This one mod guy keeps reverting it, insisting that people call Medusa Med and not Dusa.

I'm rallying popular support here as this mistake particularly bugs me.

I don't know where posts about the wiki are supposed to go, so I'm on Feedback.
In my town there is problem,
And that problem is transporter
He take your life away
Because he's an idiot
In my town there is problem,
And that problem is the surv.
They douse people's houses
And we never notice it
Throw the surv down the well,
So my town can be free (So my town can be free!)
You must grab him by his vest,
Then we have a big party.
weknowyoulive
Amnesiac
Amnesiac

Location: Wales, United Kingdom, Earth, Milky Way, Observable Universe

Re: Wiki on "Dusa"

Postby Flavorable » Sun Mar 28, 2021 5:59 am

The Wiki is not official and not handled, moderator nor updated by BMG. If you have an issue with something on the Wiki, I suggest taking it to the Wiki's Moderation team.
No reply to your support ticket after 15 business days? PM me with your ticket number.

You may PM me for clarifications on appeal verdicts, but keep in mind the verdict will not change.

Do you have 151+ games played and want to help rid the community of toxic players and gamethrowers? Join the Trial System today: https://www.blankmediagames.com/Trial/#start

Also, check out the Trial System Discord Server: https://discord.gg/K5SnyJS
Flavorable
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby dolphina » Sun Mar 28, 2021 8:45 am

Flavorable wrote:The Wiki is not official and not handled, moderator nor updated by BMG. If you have an issue with something on the Wiki, I suggest taking it to the Wiki's Moderation team.

This. Also because this is a wiki and also a ToS wiki, an edit war was bound to happen eventually. Take it to the Wiki Moderation team, us here on the forums can’t do anything about it.
Hi. I'm Caleb, and you're watching Disney Channel.

vocaloid KAITO #1 fan

He/they pronouns. Trans rights! I have fifteen names and infinite anxiety. I am the transgender masculine.

PM me for my Discord!
I’m a self proclaimed anarchist, and a god of chaos (apparently).
My stinky FM Record
dolphina
Blackmailer
Blackmailer

Postby LevinSnakesRise » Sun Mar 28, 2021 7:00 pm

To be fair you've also contributed to this edit war yourself, so you're just as guilty to be honest.

What's worse is you both broke a rule I had just established a day prior when I created the Wiki Rules, and with them still being fresh, I figured most people would have read them.

User1038476483 (the user in question you're speaking about) isn't staff on the Wiki.

I agree Medusa shouldn't be referred to as Med, cause there's also Medium, who is referred to as 'Med' however after poking around and taking in a sample from the community, they agreed 'Med' was most commonly used and 'Medu' was commonly used last year, most people I asked don't ever use, or have never seen 'Dusa' though it'd make sense what you're referring to if you used it in-game.

Overall, the wiki is a community effort. Rather than edit war (per the rules) the pages to death, create a Comment Thread on the page to start discussing about the differences in opinion, etc. prior-to and instead-of continuing to place your edits back into the page.

As for an official stance, since I actually am staff on the wiki I'll side with the original version of the Medusa page prior to the edit war, with "Med/Medu". Should "Dusa" or some other pet name come exploding into raging popularity, I (or someone else) will exchange the nicknames happily.

Thanks for checking out the Wiki though!
Please contact BMG with any questions regarding your account issues;
support@blankmediagames.zendesk.com

Thanks.
LevinSnakesRise
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby cob709 » Sun Mar 28, 2021 7:19 pm

change the acronym of medium to ium
I SEE ALL
cob709
Mayor
Mayor

Postby dolphina » Sun Mar 28, 2021 9:16 pm

cob709 wrote:change the acronym of medium to ium

this is literally the dusa argument

vocaloid KAITO #1 fan

He/they pronouns. Trans rights! I have fifteen names and infinite anxiety. I am the transgender masculine.

PM me for my Discord!
My stinky FM Record
dolphina
Blackmailer
Blackmailer

Postby cob709 » Sun Mar 28, 2021 9:25 pm

dolphina wrote:

this is literally the dusa argument

include both acronyms in the wiki
I SEE ALL
cob709
Mayor
Mayor

Postby EqsyLootz » Mon Mar 29, 2021 5:44 am

This is why cob is god. Not a very merciful god. But still a god.
Today is the first day I changed my signature after 2 full years. Unfortunately I have no idea what to write here.
General Salem Community Accomplishments.
~~Master Elo Ranked Player: 2.1k Elo~~
I'm also a damn Sunflower, Deal with it.
EqsyLootz
Sheriff
Sheriff

Postby syjfwbaobfwl » Mon Mar 29, 2021 12:16 pm

LevinSnakesRise wrote:To be fair you've also contributed to this edit war yourself, so you're just as guilty to be honest.

What's worse is you both broke a rule I had just established a day prior when I created the Wiki Rules, and with them still being fresh, I figured most people would have read them.

User1038476483 (the user in question you're speaking about) isn't staff on the Wiki.

I agree Medusa shouldn't be referred to as Med, cause there's also Medium, who is referred to as 'Med' however after poking around and taking in a sample from the community, they agreed 'Med' was most commonly used and 'Medu' was commonly used last year, most people I asked don't ever use, or have never seen 'Dusa' though it'd make sense what you're referring to if you used it in-game.

Overall, the wiki is a community effort. Rather than edit war (per the rules) the pages to death, create a Comment Thread on the page to start discussing about the differences in opinion, etc. prior-to and instead-of continuing to place your edits back into the page.

As for an official stance, since I actually am staff on the wiki I'll side with the original version of the Medusa page prior to the edit war, with "Med/Medu". Should "Dusa" or some other pet name come exploding into raging popularity, I (or someone else) will exchange the nicknames happily.

I have never seen in my life someone calling med to dusa

I barely see people calling it medu, dusa is by far the most used
syjfwbaobfwl
Jailor
Jailor

Postby dolphina » Mon Mar 29, 2021 2:22 pm

syjfwbaobfwl wrote:
LevinSnakesRise wrote:To be fair you've also contributed to this edit war yourself, so you're just as guilty to be honest.

I have never seen in my life someone calling med to dusa

I barely see people calling it medu, dusa is by far the most used

i just see ppl calling it medusa

vocaloid KAITO #1 fan

PM me for my Discord!
My stinky FM Record
dolphina
Blackmailer
Blackmailer

Postby kyuss420 » Tue Mar 30, 2021 1:47 am

I only ever see Medusa or Dusa.

The only time I see Med is when regs are trolling sheep into lynching the reg Medium for claiming Med as medium.
goosegoosegoosegoosegoose
Spoiler: Image Spoiler: Image Spoiler: Image Spoiler: Image Spoiler: Image
kyuss420
Serial Killer
Serial Killer

Postby StlnSP » Tue Mar 30, 2021 2:11 am

Change medusa to snakeyboi
---
Anyways, For future reference, levin, is the wiki officially moderated by BMG or not?
It's short for Stallion, but you can call me Stin.

FM Record: 0 / 0 / 0

Image Spoiler:
Goodbye, GrandChase.
StlnSP
Disguiser
Disguiser

Postby syjfwbaobfwl » Tue Mar 30, 2021 6:12 am

StlnSP wrote:Change medusa to snakeyboi
---
Anyways, For future reference, levin, is the wiki officially moderated by BMG or not?

no, although sometimes moderators pass through there
syjfwbaobfwl
Jailor
Jailor

Postby LevinSnakesRise » Tue Mar 30, 2021 9:11 pm

StlnSP wrote:Change medusa to snakeyboi
---

Officially moderated? Aside from myself and (inactive) TurdPile, no. (And then-GMod Shelboo.) They did use the wiki to help with fan translations though, so it is recognized as official by Developers, however they don't enforce that recognition simply because anyone can edit the wiki unless the pages are protected (which is what a 'Wiki' is about; collaboration)
Please contact BMG with any questions regarding your account issues;
support@blankmediagames.zendesk.com

Thanks.
LevinSnakesRise
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby WildCard65 » Fri Apr 09, 2021 6:42 pm

I'm just popping in here Levin to state I recently started using Dusa myself, I think I've seen other players use it as well, but I can't recall properly.
WildCard65
Doctor
Doctor

Postby dbpeanut » Fri Apr 09, 2021 7:14 pm

WildCard65 wrote:

I'm just popping in here Levin to state I recently started using Dusa myself, I think I've seen other players use it as well, but I can't recall properly.

I think I see Dusa used about as often as just Medusa. I haven't seen Med/Medu used at all tbh.
dbpeanut
Transporter
Transporter

Postby dolphina » Fri Apr 09, 2021 10:45 pm

guess it depends on which lobby or the players

personally for me it’s always “med” or “medusa”

never seen dusa

vocaloid KAITO #1 fan

PM me for my Discord!
My stinky FM Record
dolphina
Blackmailer
Blackmailer

Postby Cookazoo2 » Sat Apr 10, 2021 8:50 pm

i've mostly seen dusa

but tbh, just put em both in
Hiya. I'm a Tactical Mafia Kills supporter.

Help balance the Aliens!
Cookazoo2
Doctor
Doctor

Postby Emily372 » Mon Apr 19, 2021 10:18 am

I usually use "Med" for Medium and "Dusa" for Medusa, but seeing as how "Med" can be confused for "Medium", "Medic", and "Medusa", terms like "Medi" come up for Medium. I'm starting to do it that way.
Serial Killer has killed the TT Jailor... and now the Town has congratulated that serial killer for no reason.
That TT Jailor has a will covered in blood, making it unreadable...
Since there is no medium, the town lost to the SK.
Emily372
Witch
Witch

Return to Feedback