Spamming Rules are way too leniant.

Put any feedback about the game here.

Spamming Rules are way too leniant.

Postby SpiritWolfLord » Tue Apr 06, 2021 7:56 pm

You know why this game is dying? Because every game feels like a spam fest. Using caps all game or other ways of making your messages stick out basically turns the game into a listen to me game. No one likes playing with these players except the people who spam. People leave ranked because these players repeatedly get away with things that are quite clearly spam. I don't play as much because of it, and quite frankly, I'm about to stop entirely. It's not even a game anymore. It's a spam contest.
SpiritWolfLord
Transporter
Transporter
 
Posts: 114
Joined: Sat Jan 13, 2018 8:40 pm

Re: Spamming Rules are way too leniant.

Postby dbpeanut » Tue Apr 06, 2021 8:04 pm

SpiritWolfLord wrote:You know why this game is dying? Because every game feels like a spam fest. Using caps all game or other ways of making your messages stick out basically turns the game into a listen to me game. No one likes playing with these players except the people who spam. People leave ranked because these players repeatedly get away with things that are quite clearly spam. I don't play as much because of it, and quite frankly, I'm about to stop entirely. It's not even a game anymore. It's a spam contest.


Happens in every mode, is actually a pretty decently large issue. However I simultaneously think that increasing the strictness on this rule could be bad. What is your actual suggestion?
dbpeanut
Witch
Witch
 
Posts: 56
Joined: Wed Oct 28, 2015 10:21 pm

Re: Spamming Rules are way too leniant.

Postby SilverCruz » Tue Apr 06, 2021 8:08 pm

Really? I thought it was because it's incredibly imbalanced and the developers never talk to anyone about that.
I know what I'm doing, generally, but I have no grace at all when things start to spin out of control.

I'd like to address the latter part, but I wouldn't know the first thing about that.
User avatar
SilverCruz
Retributionist
Retributionist
 
Posts: 358
Joined: Sat May 30, 2015 5:28 am

Re: Spamming Rules are way too leniant.

Postby SpiritWolfLord » Tue Apr 06, 2021 8:24 pm

My suggestions should be obvious. Using caps lock nearly all game, or every other message, even if they are different should be counted as spam. -----------Doing things like this every to every other message should be counted as spam. Having your post take up half the text screen, or posting something in a way it takes up more than 8-9 lines is quite obviously spam and should be treated as such. The only exception should be wills, and even then, only if it's reasonable that it'd take up that much space. And give judges more authority to guilty things that ride the lines. They are judges for a reason.
SpiritWolfLord
Transporter
Transporter
 
Posts: 114
Joined: Sat Jan 13, 2018 8:40 pm

Re: Spamming Rules are way too leniant.

Postby SpiritWolfLord » Tue Apr 06, 2021 8:28 pm

Even if you don't count it as spam, people do things that obviously are done to bypass the caps lock filter. For example, posting in all caps, posting a word or two in lower, then caps and repeat. This should be treated the same as bypassing the censor filters.
SpiritWolfLord
Transporter
Transporter
 
Posts: 114
Joined: Sat Jan 13, 2018 8:40 pm

Re: Spamming Rules are way too leniant.

Postby Quartzified » Tue Apr 06, 2021 8:51 pm

SpiritWolfLord wrote:My suggestions should be obvious. Using caps lock nearly all game, or every other message, even if they are different should be counted as spam. -----------Doing things like this every to every other message should be counted as spam. Having your post take up half the text screen, or posting something in a way it takes up more than 8-9 lines is quite obviously spam and should be treated as such. The only exception should be wills, and even then, only if it's reasonable that it'd take up that much space. And give judges more authority to guilty things that ride the lines. They are judges for a reason.

Terrible suggestion.

/nosupport
Quartzified
Jester
Jester
 
Posts: 11
Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2021 6:47 pm

Re: Spamming Rules are way too leniant.

Postby SpiritWolfLord » Tue Apr 06, 2021 9:09 pm

No reason why it's terrible? Doing those things makes everyone else angry, and does nothing but turn it into a game of follow only this person because you can't see what anyone else is saying.
SpiritWolfLord
Transporter
Transporter
 
Posts: 114
Joined: Sat Jan 13, 2018 8:40 pm

Re: Spamming Rules are way too leniant.

Postby EqsyLootz » Tue Apr 06, 2021 9:13 pm

/no support

Evidentally playing agressive =/= Spamming.

Spamming is defined as 5+ times the same message in a phase. Admission to spamming, 15+ times the same message over the course of the game or 15+ non related game messages. Anything else is fair game. If you want to avoid spamming. Go play classic, or All Any. It's the best suggestion or just grow thicker skin and deal with it.
Who Am I! What Do I Do? Where am I? Wait where did I Come from? All questions to be answered. Mysteries among us.

Spoiler: Forums Mafia Stats! Win 5 Loss 5 Broken/Draw 1
FM Stats!
Most Recent Town Game: VFM 66
Most Recent Scum Game: SFM 79

Hosted:
XX5 - Town Win!
SFM 70 - Mafia Win!
VFM 69 - Mafia Win!
User avatar
EqsyLootz
Retributionist
Retributionist
 
Posts: 336
Joined: Tue Sep 11, 2018 3:10 pm
Location: In my mom's basement...

Re: Spamming Rules are way too leniant.

Postby EqsyLootz » Tue Apr 06, 2021 9:17 pm

SilverCruz wrote:Really? I thought it was because it's incredibly imbalanced and the developers never talk to anyone about that.


Why is it your goal to clog every single topic with this. Keep it in one suggestion pleaseee
Who Am I! What Do I Do? Where am I? Wait where did I Come from? All questions to be answered. Mysteries among us.

Spoiler: Forums Mafia Stats! Win 5 Loss 5 Broken/Draw 1
FM Stats!
Most Recent Town Game: VFM 66
Most Recent Scum Game: SFM 79

Hosted:
XX5 - Town Win!
SFM 70 - Mafia Win!
VFM 69 - Mafia Win!
User avatar
EqsyLootz
Retributionist
Retributionist
 
Posts: 336
Joined: Tue Sep 11, 2018 3:10 pm
Location: In my mom's basement...

Re: Spamming Rules are way too leniant.

Postby cob709 » Tue Apr 06, 2021 9:31 pm

I agree, these needs to be some changes to the spamming rule, but not in the way suggested by the OP.

This post gives a brief description about the issues with the spamming rule, along with a possible solution.
I SEE ALL
User avatar
cob709
Jailor
Jailor
 
Posts: 771
Joined: Sat Aug 12, 2017 9:44 am

Re: Spamming Rules are way too leniant.

Postby syjfwbaobfwl » Wed Apr 07, 2021 6:51 am

EqsyLootz wrote:/no support

Evidentally playing agressive =/= Spamming.

Spamming is defined as 5+ times the same message in a phase. Admission to spamming, 15+ times the same message over the course of the game or 15+ non related game messages. Anything else is fair game. If you want to avoid spamming. Go play classic, or All Any. It's the best suggestion or just grow thicker skin and deal with it.


He means posting almost all your messages in caps

If you post one or 2 or 3 to make your push or your defense be looked at then yeah; the problem is when ppl send all their messages in caps
syjfwbaobfwl
Veteran
Veteran
 
Posts: 412
Joined: Thu May 07, 2020 1:50 pm

Re: Spamming Rules are way too leniant.

Postby EqsyLootz » Wed Apr 07, 2021 7:26 am

syjfwbaobfwl wrote:
EqsyLootz wrote:/no support

Evidentally playing agressive =/= Spamming.

Spamming is defined as 5+ times the same message in a phase. Admission to spamming, 15+ times the same message over the course of the game or 15+ non related game messages. Anything else is fair game. If you want to avoid spamming. Go play classic, or All Any. It's the best suggestion or just grow thicker skin and deal with it.


He means posting almost all your messages in caps

If you post one or 2 or 3 to make your push or your defense be looked at then yeah; the problem is when ppl send all their messages in caps


But that ain't spamming. That's just playing agressively.
Who Am I! What Do I Do? Where am I? Wait where did I Come from? All questions to be answered. Mysteries among us.

Spoiler: Forums Mafia Stats! Win 5 Loss 5 Broken/Draw 1
FM Stats!
Most Recent Town Game: VFM 66
Most Recent Scum Game: SFM 79

Hosted:
XX5 - Town Win!
SFM 70 - Mafia Win!
VFM 69 - Mafia Win!
User avatar
EqsyLootz
Retributionist
Retributionist
 
Posts: 336
Joined: Tue Sep 11, 2018 3:10 pm
Location: In my mom's basement...

Re: Spamming Rules are way too leniant.

Postby syjfwbaobfwl » Wed Apr 07, 2021 7:58 am

EqsyLootz wrote:
syjfwbaobfwl wrote:
EqsyLootz wrote:/no support

Evidentally playing agressive =/= Spamming.

Spamming is defined as 5+ times the same message in a phase. Admission to spamming, 15+ times the same message over the course of the game or 15+ non related game messages. Anything else is fair game. If you want to avoid spamming. Go play classic, or All Any. It's the best suggestion or just grow thicker skin and deal with it.


He means posting almost all your messages in caps

If you post one or 2 or 3 to make your push or your defense be looked at then yeah; the problem is when ppl send all their messages in caps


But that ain't spamming. That's just playing agressively.


and thats the problem, sending 90% of your messages in caps is really annoying and floods the chat way to much, and should be considered spamming
syjfwbaobfwl
Veteran
Veteran
 
Posts: 412
Joined: Thu May 07, 2020 1:50 pm

Re: Spamming Rules are way too leniant.

Postby EqsyLootz » Wed Apr 07, 2021 9:23 am

syjfwbaobfwl wrote:
EqsyLootz wrote:
syjfwbaobfwl wrote:
EqsyLootz wrote:/no support

Evidentally playing agressive =/= Spamming.

Spamming is defined as 5+ times the same message in a phase. Admission to spamming, 15+ times the same message over the course of the game or 15+ non related game messages. Anything else is fair game. If you want to avoid spamming. Go play classic, or All Any. It's the best suggestion or just grow thicker skin and deal with it.


He means posting almost all your messages in caps

If you post one or 2 or 3 to make your push or your defense be looked at then yeah; the problem is when ppl send all their messages in caps


But that ain't spamming. That's just playing agressively.


and thats the problem, sending 90% of your messages in caps is really annoying and floods the chat way to much, and should be considered spamming


Well it isn't. Because then when people get banned for that they complain. No matter what people complain. So deal with it.
Who Am I! What Do I Do? Where am I? Wait where did I Come from? All questions to be answered. Mysteries among us.

Spoiler: Forums Mafia Stats! Win 5 Loss 5 Broken/Draw 1
FM Stats!
Most Recent Town Game: VFM 66
Most Recent Scum Game: SFM 79

Hosted:
XX5 - Town Win!
SFM 70 - Mafia Win!
VFM 69 - Mafia Win!
User avatar
EqsyLootz
Retributionist
Retributionist
 
Posts: 336
Joined: Tue Sep 11, 2018 3:10 pm
Location: In my mom's basement...

Re: Spamming Rules are way too leniant.

Postby SpiritWolfLord » Wed Apr 07, 2021 11:47 am

Of course they'll complain. They also complain when they say racist things. You can play agressively without spamming the chat with caps lock. Doing that is only fun for the people who are spamming.
SpiritWolfLord
Transporter
Transporter
 
Posts: 114
Joined: Sat Jan 13, 2018 8:40 pm

Re: Spamming Rules are way too leniant.

Postby dbpeanut » Wed Apr 07, 2021 12:49 pm

I'm a very aggressive player as good or evil, I have only used caps lock once and that was because town was buying bullcrap when there was 2 confirmed evils and everybody else was confirmed town. Literally the only time.
dbpeanut
Witch
Witch
 
Posts: 56
Joined: Wed Oct 28, 2015 10:21 pm

Re: Spamming Rules are way too leniant.

Postby Midio7 » Wed Apr 07, 2021 1:00 pm

What are you talking about? People only use Caps On when they say something important, including me. People aren't talking often in Caps On, in me experience.
Just a guy who plays Town Of Salem daily
Midio7
Lookout
Lookout
 
Posts: 93
Joined: Tue Feb 07, 2017 9:57 am

Re: Spamming Rules are way too leniant.

Postby EqsyLootz » Wed Apr 07, 2021 1:56 pm

the spamming rules are highly unlikely to change.
Who Am I! What Do I Do? Where am I? Wait where did I Come from? All questions to be answered. Mysteries among us.

Spoiler: Forums Mafia Stats! Win 5 Loss 5 Broken/Draw 1
FM Stats!
Most Recent Town Game: VFM 66
Most Recent Scum Game: SFM 79

Hosted:
XX5 - Town Win!
SFM 70 - Mafia Win!
VFM 69 - Mafia Win!
User avatar
EqsyLootz
Retributionist
Retributionist
 
Posts: 336
Joined: Tue Sep 11, 2018 3:10 pm
Location: In my mom's basement...

Re: Spamming Rules are way too leniant.

Postby kyuss420 » Thu Apr 08, 2021 2:32 am

lynch anyone using all caps and ''spamming'' the chat. Clearly they are evil and trying to ditract town from the day chat, especially if their first push, that town got sheeped into voting, turns out inno. Following someone blindly all game, when they led you down the wrong road the first time, is just dumb.

also w/ ignore is a thing ^^
goosegoosegoosegoosegoose
Spoiler: Image Spoiler: Image Spoiler: Image Spoiler: Image Spoiler: Image
User avatar
kyuss420
Serial Killer
Serial Killer
 
Posts: 2106
Joined: Sat Aug 19, 2017 1:33 am
Location: Im here

Re: Spamming Rules are way too leniant.

Postby dbpeanut » Thu Apr 08, 2021 8:20 am

kyuss420 wrote:lynch anyone using all caps and ''spamming'' the chat. Clearly they are evil and trying to ditract town from the day chat, especially if their first push, that town got sheeped into voting, turns out inno. Following someone blindly all game, when they led you down the wrong road the first time, is just dumb.

also w/ ignore is a thing ^^

Ignore as a function is flawed in a deceit game. You can miss out on actually vital information because someone finally decided to act normally after being weird. Also, Jester exists and it's a strategy to spam rather than make an actual lynchable play.
dbpeanut
Witch
Witch
 
Posts: 56
Joined: Wed Oct 28, 2015 10:21 pm

Re: Spamming Rules are way too leniant.

Postby Kelisidina » Thu Apr 08, 2021 10:22 am

syjfwbaobfwl wrote:
EqsyLootz wrote:
syjfwbaobfwl wrote:
EqsyLootz wrote:/no support

Evidentally playing agressive =/= Spamming.

Spamming is defined as 5+ times the same message in a phase. Admission to spamming, 15+ times the same message over the course of the game or 15+ non related game messages. Anything else is fair game. If you want to avoid spamming. Go play classic, or All Any. It's the best suggestion or just grow thicker skin and deal with it.


He means posting almost all your messages in caps

If you post one or 2 or 3 to make your push or your defense be looked at then yeah; the problem is when ppl send all their messages in caps


But that ain't spamming. That's just playing agressively.


and thats the problem, sending 90% of your messages in caps is really annoying and floods the chat way to much, and should be considered spamming


Have you heard of the ignore button? Everyone's yelling about the spam rule when the ignore feature is implicated in lobbies and in-game :shrug:
I know about this user named Karma R U N G who deliberately spams 4 times in one day. Just click the ignore button on them for Day 1
I AM !@#$%^#-------- C0NSIG/WiTCH ON ME T0 DeSCRAMBLE C0DE-------- BMER D0NT CoME!!!!----------------- XDiES HAS MALE B00BS!

The gamemodes I play are classic ranked, TT, and Dracula's. If I give feedback to any game suggestions in gamemodes that I don't play, it would be appreciated if I would be listened, but there's a chance I'm in the minority. Cheers.

Please don't call me bad in ranked and then have less than 50% win rate L0L
Kelisidina
Transporter
Transporter
 
Posts: 102
Joined: Sat Oct 27, 2018 2:52 am

Re: Spamming Rules are way too leniant.

Postby dbpeanut » Thu Apr 08, 2021 11:08 am

Kelisidina wrote:
syjfwbaobfwl wrote:
EqsyLootz wrote:
syjfwbaobfwl wrote:
EqsyLootz wrote:/no support

Evidentally playing agressive =/= Spamming.

Spamming is defined as 5+ times the same message in a phase. Admission to spamming, 15+ times the same message over the course of the game or 15+ non related game messages. Anything else is fair game. If you want to avoid spamming. Go play classic, or All Any. It's the best suggestion or just grow thicker skin and deal with it.


He means posting almost all your messages in caps

If you post one or 2 or 3 to make your push or your defense be looked at then yeah; the problem is when ppl send all their messages in caps


But that ain't spamming. That's just playing agressively.


and thats the problem, sending 90% of your messages in caps is really annoying and floods the chat way to much, and should be considered spamming


Have you heard of the ignore button? Everyone's yelling about the spam rule when the ignore feature is implicated in lobbies and in-game :shrug:
I know about this user named Karma R U N G who deliberately spams 4 times in one day. Just click the ignore button on them for Day 1

The ignore button is flawed for a deceit game.
Just saying to use the ignore button disregards the actual issue, knowing full well the ignore button actually solves nothing.
dbpeanut
Witch
Witch
 
Posts: 56
Joined: Wed Oct 28, 2015 10:21 pm

Re: Spamming Rules are way too leniant.

Postby SpiritWolfLord » Thu Apr 08, 2021 6:18 pm

Ignore isn't an option, because the rest of town still listens to the spammers. In fact, pressing ignore often just gets you hanged because you didn't see something the spammer said. There are some players who spam literally every single game. There are also some that play with friends so they always win, but there's not much you can do about that unless they admit. Spamming is something easy to fix.
SpiritWolfLord
Transporter
Transporter
 
Posts: 114
Joined: Sat Jan 13, 2018 8:40 pm

Re: Spamming Rules are way too leniant.

Postby Quartzified » Thu Apr 08, 2021 7:31 pm

SpiritWolfLord wrote:Ignore isn't an option, because the rest of town still listens to the spammers. In fact, pressing ignore often just gets you hanged because you didn't see something the spammer said. There are some players who spam literally every single game. There are also some that play with friends so they always win, but there's not much you can do about that unless they admit. Spamming is something easy to fix.

Then maybe you should wonder why you're the only one who needs to use the ignore button when everyone else is fine listening to the "spammer". If it is game-disrupting spam, then it is probably against the rules. Saying something in all caps once or twice isn't exactly game-disrupting.
Quartzified
Jester
Jester
 
Posts: 11
Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2021 6:47 pm

Re: Spamming Rules are way too leniant.

Postby dbpeanut » Thu Apr 08, 2021 10:39 pm

Quartzified wrote:
SpiritWolfLord wrote:Ignore isn't an option, because the rest of town still listens to the spammers. In fact, pressing ignore often just gets you hanged because you didn't see something the spammer said. There are some players who spam literally every single game. There are also some that play with friends so they always win, but there's not much you can do about that unless they admit. Spamming is something easy to fix.

Then maybe you should wonder why you're the only one who needs to use the ignore button when everyone else is fine listening to the "spammer". If it is game-disrupting spam, then it is probably against the rules. Saying something in all caps once or twice isn't exactly game-disrupting.

Oh look, needlessly defending the ignore button!
It's not like town listens to bad Jesters, right? There's been more than one occasion where I've been listened to when I really shouldn't have because I literally went "That's just your opinion bro" (something I wanted to try to see if it worked).
Listen- just because a singular person ignores someone, does not mean that person they've ignored isn't spamming. It just means the rest of the town isn't going to take the risk that they're only speaking nonsense.
You'd know if you played this game for any long period of time.
dbpeanut
Witch
Witch
 
Posts: 56
Joined: Wed Oct 28, 2015 10:21 pm

Next

Return to Feedback

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests