Will Mafioso ever be made interesting?

Put any feedback about the game here.

Will Mafioso ever be made interesting?

Postby Krizalid » Sat Jan 09, 2021 5:41 pm

I know telling developers to "make X interesting" or "make Y good" is a bit much; but for Mafioso it had to be done.

Mafioso is literally the most boring role in the game; all he can do is claiming vet/vig* when asked and waiting for his eventual downfall.

Mafioso's night ability isn't even a true ability; its just Mafia's "kill button" as a whole. He cannot even decide on its target; because it isn't really HIS ability to use. GF has control over him.

All those other roles can pull some cool tricks, yet Mafioso is like... okay...

Too many people instantly quit after seeing their role as Mafioso, unbalancing the game and ruining it for Maf and Neutrals.

I personally dont quit as a Mafioso, I try my best regardless; but people apparently just don't want to stick with Mafioso.

*(I personally experiment on various other role claims to some success)
Krizalid
Newbie
Newbie
 
Posts: 4
Joined: Sun May 08, 2016 8:49 am

Re: Will Mafioso ever be made interesting?

Postby Brilliand » Sat Jan 09, 2021 6:03 pm

This comes up quite a lot on this forum, and the devs have shown that they're aware of the problem and want to fix it. We don't have a timeline on it, though, so I can't necessarily say that they will ever get to it; but there is cause for hope.
My best role ideas:
Conqueror
Apocalypse Survivor
User avatar
Brilliand
Mafioso
Mafioso
 
Posts: 1408
Joined: Sat Nov 29, 2014 8:34 pm

Re: Will Mafioso ever be made interesting?

Postby kyuss420 » Sat Jan 09, 2021 6:23 pm

i mean, he doesnt HAVE to claim vet/vig, chances are there isnt even an invest in game, and with a claim like vet/vig you are just baiting sheriffs and other TIs to check you, and vigis to blast you.
goosegoosegoosegoosegoose
Spoiler: Image Spoiler: Image Spoiler: Image Spoiler: Image
User avatar
kyuss420
Godfather
Godfather
 
Posts: 1831
Joined: Sat Aug 19, 2017 1:33 am
Location: Im here

Re: Will Mafioso ever be made interesting?

Postby alex1234321 » Sun Jan 10, 2021 12:07 pm

Many people on the forums support the idea of Tactical Mafia Kills, where any Mafia member can sacrifice their night ability to perform the factional kill. This would allow Mafioso to be given a new replacement ability and open another slot for a role that can contribute to the Mafia.
#SaveTheTG

Tired of trying to play discord Mafia games and not getting enough people? Join Town of Morons, a server for small, fun Mafia games today!

Image
alex1234321
[Forum Mafia XIV] Winner
[Forum Mafia XIV] Winner
 
Posts: 3684
Joined: Sat Nov 28, 2015 4:20 pm
Location: Somewhere (UTC-5)

Re: Will Mafioso ever be made interesting?

Postby Soulshade55r » Sun Jan 10, 2021 6:34 pm

alex1234321 wrote:Many people on the forums support the idea of Tactical Mafia Kills, where any Mafia member can sacrifice their night ability to perform the factional kill. This would allow Mafioso to be given a new replacement ability and open another slot for a role that can contribute to the Mafia.

Tatical mafia would be one of the best implementations in the game
Favourite Roles (To play)
Spoiler: Town: Jailor
Mafia: Consort
NE: Witch
NB: Guardian Angel
Coven: Necromancer
NC: Pirate
User avatar
Soulshade55r
Disguiser
Disguiser
 
Posts: 1010
Joined: Fri Apr 21, 2017 10:45 pm
Location: Uk

Re: Will Mafioso ever be made interesting?

Postby CapWarrior2 » Sun Jan 10, 2021 7:14 pm

Soulshade55r wrote:
alex1234321 wrote:Many people on the forums support the idea of Tactical Mafia Kills, where any Mafia member can sacrifice their night ability to perform the factional kill. This would allow Mafioso to be given a new replacement ability and open another slot for a role that can contribute to the Mafia.

Tatical mafia would be one of the best implementations in the game


Agreed. Another would be nerfing Jailor.
User avatar
CapWarrior2
Transporter
Transporter
 
Posts: 112
Joined: Wed Sep 27, 2017 11:30 pm
Location: Somewhere with my Goat

Re: Will Mafioso ever be made interesting?

Postby ProjectSuperBoy » Tue Jan 12, 2021 9:01 am

It is interesting.
But in the framework of your argument, it occurs when the Godfather is roleblocked. Then all of the power cedes to the Mafioso allowing the Godfather to play off the idea that they are not the Godfather because there was a kill.
Nicolas Cage was the greatest thing about the movie Kick-Ass, and everyone here knows it.
"It's not that....okay maybe it is that."
A tundra has less liquid water than a grove.
ProjectSuperBoy
Spy
Spy
 
Posts: 137
Joined: Sun Feb 18, 2018 12:54 am

Re: Will Mafioso ever be made interesting?

Postby alex1234321 » Wed Jan 13, 2021 9:27 am

ProjectSuperBoy wrote:It is interesting.
But in the framework of your argument, it occurs when the Godfather is roleblocked. Then all of the power cedes to the Mafioso allowing the Godfather to play off the idea that they are not the Godfather because there was a kill.

But everyone knows that Mafioso is a thing so nobody is going to say that you're clear because you were roleblocked and there was a kill.
#SaveTheTG

Tired of trying to play discord Mafia games and not getting enough people? Join Town of Morons, a server for small, fun Mafia games today!

Image
alex1234321
[Forum Mafia XIV] Winner
[Forum Mafia XIV] Winner
 
Posts: 3684
Joined: Sat Nov 28, 2015 4:20 pm
Location: Somewhere (UTC-5)

Re: Will Mafioso ever be made interesting?

Postby Paradox12 » Wed Jan 13, 2021 10:13 pm

alex1234321 wrote:
ProjectSuperBoy wrote:It is interesting.
But in the framework of your argument, it occurs when the Godfather is roleblocked. Then all of the power cedes to the Mafioso allowing the Godfather to play off the idea that they are not the Godfather because there was a kill.

But everyone knows that Mafioso is a thing so nobody is going to say that you're clear because you were roleblocked and there was a kill.

I think this would be a given...
Paradox12
Transporter
Transporter
 
Posts: 100
Joined: Fri Aug 21, 2020 12:32 pm

Re: Will Mafioso ever be made interesting?

Postby ProjectSuperBoy » Wed Jan 13, 2021 10:24 pm

alex1234321 wrote:But everyone knows that Mafioso is a thing so nobody is going to say that you're clear because you were roleblocked and there was a kill.


I guess that's how it is in ranked, but everywhere else not necessarily. All you need is that and something good to say to the Jailor/Escort to take them off you for even 1 night and that helps tremendously.
Nicolas Cage was the greatest thing about the movie Kick-Ass, and everyone here knows it.
"It's not that....okay maybe it is that."
A tundra has less liquid water than a grove.
ProjectSuperBoy
Spy
Spy
 
Posts: 137
Joined: Sun Feb 18, 2018 12:54 am

Re: Will Mafioso ever be made interesting?

Postby Paradox12 » Wed Jan 13, 2021 10:28 pm

ProjectSuperBoy wrote:
alex1234321 wrote:But everyone knows that Mafioso is a thing so nobody is going to say that you're clear because you were roleblocked and there was a kill.


I guess that's how it is in ranked, but everywhere else not necessarily. All you need is that and something good to say to the Jailor/Escort to take them off you for even 1 night and that helps tremendously.

Maybe they don't know that in classic mode... but seriously, that's probably just gonna make you look more sus for saying that. "I was rbed and maf killed, I can't be mafia!" - like I would immediately sus anyone who says this with 2 MK alive because most players know that if one MK is rbed, the other will attack, so anyone who thinks that makes them look innocent is probably inexperienced or evil. And I stand by my belief that killing inexperienced townies is helping town, just so they don't throw harder later on in the game.
Paradox12
Transporter
Transporter
 
Posts: 100
Joined: Fri Aug 21, 2020 12:32 pm

Re: Will Mafioso ever be made interesting?

Postby ProjectSuperBoy » Thu Jan 14, 2021 7:16 pm

Isn't Classic mode equally terrible?
Also I think you skipped my second sentence because your reply doesn't really make much sense.
Nicolas Cage was the greatest thing about the movie Kick-Ass, and everyone here knows it.
"It's not that....okay maybe it is that."
A tundra has less liquid water than a grove.
ProjectSuperBoy
Spy
Spy
 
Posts: 137
Joined: Sun Feb 18, 2018 12:54 am


Return to Feedback

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests