Buy this game - Lose your money

Put any feedback about the game here.

Buy this game - Lose your money

Postby xDarkyy » Tue May 05, 2020 1:33 pm

First of all I bought this game BEFORE it was Pay to Play.
Started playing 3 years ago

After 2 months without playing I get to the website and tried to log in.
"Your account has been suspended", for harassing.

A little weird... considering I've gone 2 months without playing, I thought the ban would be over.
Well no, they suspended it permanently.

So I make a new account, log in.
It prompts me to "buy" game now. It's no longer free for everyone.

Since I have BOUGHT it on Steam long ago, I installed it and logged in.
Only to find that my suspended account is "linked" to my steam Account and therefore I can't play from Steam, no matter on what account I log in from.
(Which makes the game in my library pretty useless to be there.


-------IMPORTANT------------
The company first tells you to "buy" its game, but what you are really PAYING for is the single ACCOUNT you create to play.

You don't pay to buy the game, you pay to buy an account to play.
If you lose your account that means you gotta BUY another one to play.

In conclusion I don't suggest anyone to pay for this game except if you don't really care about your money.
I regret giving any money to the company and I'm very disappointed
xDarkyy
Newbie
Newbie
 
Posts: 4
Joined: Sun Oct 19, 2014 11:14 am

Re: Buy this game - Lose your money

Postby PrincessDespair » Tue May 05, 2020 5:15 pm

Your account is banned, not suspended.

If your account is banned on steam, any account you link from steam will not work. It's not much of a punishment if you can continue to create accounts, right?

If you want to play on steam again, you will have to create an entirely new steam account and purchase it there, purchase the game on web, or mobile.
Insert cliché Instagram quote caption under my photo

Please refer to me as "your highness." It's a compliment for me being a princess and a pothead at the same time.

Interested in helping the Town of Salem community by getting rid of toxicity? If you have completed 151 games of Town of Salem, join the Trial Discord: https://discord.gg/K5SnyJS
User avatar
PrincessDespair
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
 
Posts: 899
Joined: Thu Nov 03, 2016 1:16 pm
Location: United States

Re: Buy this game - Lose your money

Postby xDarkyy » Wed May 06, 2020 6:46 am

PrincessDespair

Exactly! They make you think you purchase the game when in fact you purchase an "account" to play which can be banned for talking in a game you are REQUIRED to talk to play it.

1) So you buy the account, get banned by an "algorithm" they created in order to get rid of the toxicity? You trust an algorithm to ban players who have PAID to play. If you can't see how that's gonna cause problems well...

2)Since this game is NOT made for kids and there IS a mute button; Why they have set an algorithm to ban people for "harassing" others?

3)The fact that : they have made "premium" in-game currency, a DLC (and they putted it on Steam too), and now they make it Pay to Play. (no matter how many hours you spent on your acc, if you cant pay your account is useless now).

All this shows how Blank Media Games is only about Money and doesn't care about the players and even for people who supported it.
xDarkyy
Newbie
Newbie
 
Posts: 4
Joined: Sun Oct 19, 2014 11:14 am

Re: Buy this game - Lose your money

Postby woahah » Wed May 06, 2020 6:49 am

there is no algorithm: you are being banned because youre breaking rules. Please message the bot trialbot and analyze your reports. If you think any of them are false, please issue an appeal.
User avatar
woahah
Retributionist
Retributionist
 
Posts: 349
Joined: Wed May 15, 2019 8:59 am
Location: Summersky Island (gmt)

Re: Buy this game - Lose your money

Postby kyuss420 » Sun May 10, 2020 4:03 am

Im pretty sure with every game that runs from a server, all you are purchasing is the permission to use said account. You are never purchasing what is stored on the game server. (or even the account or anything on it, for that matter... just the permission to use it)

By algorithm, do you mean the (at least) 2 players that reported you in game, the 12 jurors who voted guilty in majority on those reports, and ultimatly the trial system judges who double checked the jurors verdict? Thats a lot of real life people for an algorythm....
goosegoosegoosegoosegoose
Spoiler: Image Spoiler: Image Spoiler: Image Spoiler: Image
User avatar
kyuss420
Consort
Consort
 
Posts: 1096
Joined: Sat Aug 19, 2017 1:33 am
Location: Im here

Re: Buy this game - Lose your money

Postby James2 » Sat May 16, 2020 9:16 pm

BMG should warn people that they could lose their accounts for trivial reasons. Of course they don't, because they make more money that way, and most bans occur after the chargeback period is over.
James2
Forger
Forger
 
Posts: 1330
Joined: Tue Jun 16, 2015 9:53 am

Re: Buy this game - Lose your money

Postby MysticMismagius » Sat May 16, 2020 9:20 pm

The game's terms of service is listed here. https://www.blankmediagames.com/terms/
In these terms of services is the following, completely unedited excerpt:
1. By BlankMediaGames. BlankMediaGames RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SUSPEND, TERMINATE, MODIFY OR DELETE YOUR ACCOUNT AT ANY TIME FOR ANY REASON OR NO REASON, WITH OR WITHOUT NOTICE TO YOU, AND WITH NO LIABILITY OF ANY KIND TO YOU. Additionally, BlankMediaGames may stop offering and/or supporting the Game at any time. For purposes of explanation and not limitation, most Account suspensions, terminations and/or deletions are the result of violation of this Agreement, the EULA or the Privacy Policy. Accounts terminated by BlankMediaGames shall not be reinstated under any conditions whatsoever.
So not only do they warn people that they could lose their accounts for trivial reasons, they state this warning in all caps just to make sure you see it even if you're just skimming through the Terms of Service like most people do.
Image
Happy Pride Month!
User avatar
MysticMismagius
Disguiser
Disguiser
 
Posts: 1026
Joined: Sun Apr 30, 2017 4:46 pm

Re: Buy this game - Lose your money

Postby Brilliand » Wed May 20, 2020 4:44 pm

MysticMismagius wrote:So not only do they warn people that they could lose their accounts for trivial reasons, they state this warning in all caps just to make sure you see it even if you're just skimming through the Terms of Service like most people do.


1) There are so many things in all caps in that Terms of Service that that hardly even counts as emphasis.
2) No one really believes that BMG will delete their account for no reason. Every Terms of Service says the company reserves the right to do that, but it's pretty rare for companies to actually do that.

The Terms of Service (on all websites) has long since stopped being a useful place for users to look to predict how a company will treat them.
My best role ideas:
Conqueror
Apocalypse Survivor
Brilliand
Sheriff
Sheriff
 
Posts: 527
Joined: Sat Nov 29, 2014 8:34 pm

Re: Buy this game - Lose your money

Postby Kyosji » Fri May 22, 2020 6:39 am

I don't understand the problem here. There were rules, you violated them. They have the rules listed in multiple formats and you ignored them. There is no algorithm for banning, there's a trial system run by players and BMG. If enough players vote it guilty for violation, BMG steps in to review and hand out judgement. That means your toxicity was so bad, a slew of other normal players agreed it was worth BMG looking into and then you got suspended/banned. Just because there's a mute button, that doesn't mean you have the freedom to be toxic just because they can mute you if they want.
User avatar
Kyosji
Bodyguard
Bodyguard
 
Posts: 245
Joined: Tue Mar 24, 2015 12:13 pm

Re: Buy this game - Lose your money

Postby Descender » Fri May 22, 2020 7:02 am

James2 wrote:BMG should warn people that they could lose their accounts for trivial reasons. Of course they don't, because they make more money that way, and most bans occur after the chargeback period is over.

most bans are for good reasons yknow

except mine
but thats an exception
The platform reached lower and lower depths into the new world, a dark world in which not many had been before. It would seem that my stories of going into this other world be praised, but no. It would seem that I would be known as a hero for discovering this, but no. To many I was simply known as... Descender.

I tend to go between cute and distorted hellscapes for pfps. I dont know why.
User avatar
Descender
[Forum Mafia XX] Winner
[Forum Mafia XX] Winner
 
Posts: 1605
Joined: Thu Jan 31, 2019 1:44 pm
Location: Currently Descending (2/10)

Re: Buy this game - Lose your money

Postby James2 » Fri May 22, 2020 10:48 pm

Descender wrote:
James2 wrote:BMG should warn people that they could lose their accounts for trivial reasons. Of course they don't, because they make more money that way, and most bans occur after the chargeback period is over.

most bans are for good reasons yknow

except mine
but thats an exception


I don't know the statistical breakdown (though if there are stats somewhere on bans-by-category that could be a good proxy), but there are a considerable number of accounts banned for silly reasons.
James2
Forger
Forger
 
Posts: 1330
Joined: Tue Jun 16, 2015 9:53 am

Re: Buy this game - Lose your money

Postby Naru2008 » Sat May 23, 2020 12:52 am

James2 wrote:
Descender wrote:
James2 wrote:BMG should warn people that they could lose their accounts for trivial reasons. Of course they don't, because they make more money that way, and most bans occur after the chargeback period is over.

most bans are for good reasons yknow

except mine
but thats an exception


I don't know the statistical breakdown (though if there are stats somewhere on bans-by-category that could be a good proxy), but there are a considerable number of accounts banned for silly reasons.

You're welcome to your opinion, but all accounts are punished based off the rulebook the Developers gave us. :FancyGlasses:
I am a Moderator for the forum, and an Administrator for the game and Trial System, however I cannot reset your password, change your email, etc.

Please email the Developers via the email below to open a ticket and have them assist you;
support@blankmediagames.zendesk.com


Frequently Asked Questions | Give Feedback | Report a Bug | Appeal your Ban
User avatar
Naru2008
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
 
Posts: 15254
Joined: Thu Aug 07, 2014 9:45 pm
Location: USA

Re: Buy this game - Lose your money

Postby James2 » Sat May 23, 2020 2:16 am

Naru2008 wrote:
James2 wrote:
Descender wrote:
James2 wrote:BMG should warn people that they could lose their accounts for trivial reasons. Of course they don't, because they make more money that way, and most bans occur after the chargeback period is over.

most bans are for good reasons yknow

except mine
but thats an exception


I don't know the statistical breakdown (though if there are stats somewhere on bans-by-category that could be a good proxy), but there are a considerable number of accounts banned for silly reasons.

You're welcome to your opinion, but all accounts are punished based off the rulebook the Developers gave us. :FancyGlasses:


It would be nice if they gave the players that rulebook.

(yes I know the forum staff aren't responsible for the secret rules being a secret)
James2
Forger
Forger
 
Posts: 1330
Joined: Tue Jun 16, 2015 9:53 am

Re: Buy this game - Lose your money

Postby Superalex11 » Sat May 23, 2020 5:35 am

MysticMismagius wrote:The game's terms of service is listed here. https://www.blankmediagames.com/terms/
In these terms of services is the following, completely unedited excerpt:
1. By BlankMediaGames. BlankMediaGames RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SUSPEND, TERMINATE, MODIFY OR DELETE YOUR ACCOUNT AT ANY TIME FOR ANY REASON OR NO REASON, WITH OR WITHOUT NOTICE TO YOU, AND WITH NO LIABILITY OF ANY KIND TO YOU. Additionally, BlankMediaGames may stop offering and/or supporting the Game at any time. For purposes of explanation and not limitation, most Account suspensions, terminations and/or deletions are the result of violation of this Agreement, the EULA or the Privacy Policy. Accounts terminated by BlankMediaGames shall not be reinstated under any conditions whatsoever.
So not only do they warn people that they could lose their accounts for trivial reasons, they state this warning in all caps just to make sure you see it even if you're just skimming through the Terms of Service like most people do.

Yeah lemme just casually scroll down to uhh... section III.E.1....
...
Seriously?
Who do you think actually takes the time to read this? I don't mean the whole ToS by the way (that's closer to a flat 0.0%), I mean this particular section. Who do you think has read this? What percentage of players? At some point, the fact of its existence becomes meaningless to this type of discussion if its presentation isn't recognized by a large enough portion of the affected population.

Also, to mirror Brilliand's end-comment, because of the way ToS's have been handled by big companies over the years, at this point they've become basically defunct as far as actual expectations. Many companies even put things into their ToS's which are not legally enforceable, and so a ToS technically isn't even the end-all arbiter of the ongoings of its subject.


James2 wrote:I don't know the statistical breakdown (though if there are stats somewhere on bans-by-category that could be a good proxy), but there are a considerable number of accounts banned for silly reasons.

Here's an approximate breakdown of guilties I just ran, between report Id's 2225730 and 2749348:
HS/H: 34.61%
Inapp IGN: 21.59%
Gamethrowing: 20.73%
Spamming: 11.49%
Cheating: 7.71%
Leaving: 2.01%
Multi-Acc: 1.61%
BMG Imp: 0.22%
Inapp User: 0.05%

Imo an overwhelming majority of the IGNs that can get you banned fall into this category of "silly reason", meaning something like a fifth of all punishments (at minimum) are for a silly reason... which is definitely an issue.


Naru2008 wrote:You're welcome to your opinion, but all accounts are punished based off the rulebook the Developers gave us.

This is only weakly true, and stating it as strongly as you are is misleading and dishonest.
Also, no shit it's just an opinion, that's the point.


James2 wrote:It would be nice if they gave the players that rulebook.

It would, but then they wouldn't be able to so freely suspend people for non-covered infractions.
After-Unity™

luls:
Spoiler: Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
User avatar
Superalex11
Doctor
Doctor
 
Posts: 190
Joined: Fri Jan 08, 2016 10:11 pm

Re: Buy this game - Lose your money

Postby KAKERMAN23 » Sat May 23, 2020 5:49 am

Seriously?
Who do you think actually takes the time to read this? I don't mean the whole ToS by the way (that's closer to a flat 0.0%), I mean this particular section. Who do you think has read this? What percentage of players? At some point, the fact of its existence becomes meaningless to this type of discussion if its presentation isn't recognized by a large enough portion of the affected population.


It doesn't matter whether or not you actually read the ToS. When you're creating your account, you agree to follow them. If you don't read it, that's on you.
pistachios are more intelligent than humans
-our pistachio overlord

pls flame me and criticise this terrible guide here —> https://www.blankmediagames.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=56&t=108749 i wanna improve it, all criticisms are appreciated
User avatar
KAKERMAN23
Spy
Spy
 
Posts: 145
Joined: Wed Mar 22, 2017 7:18 am
Location: New York City

Re: Buy this game - Lose your money

Postby Descender » Sat May 23, 2020 8:20 am

honestly the ToS for ToS does have some questionable parts to it, but keep in mind, most of the time when you are banned it is completely valid. I've gotten one ban over the years and I got it appealed no issues. As i've said earlier, its on you
The platform reached lower and lower depths into the new world, a dark world in which not many had been before. It would seem that my stories of going into this other world be praised, but no. It would seem that I would be known as a hero for discovering this, but no. To many I was simply known as... Descender.

I tend to go between cute and distorted hellscapes for pfps. I dont know why.
User avatar
Descender
[Forum Mafia XX] Winner
[Forum Mafia XX] Winner
 
Posts: 1605
Joined: Thu Jan 31, 2019 1:44 pm
Location: Currently Descending (2/10)

Re: Buy this game - Lose your money

Postby 3cheersforidiots » Sat May 23, 2020 9:05 am

You can appeal your ban if you'd like, there's an entire subforum dedicated to that.
In all due likelihood, though, there is a reason for your ban.
~Trash

Sophisticatedly unsophisticated Sophie.

Other gamertags are papill0n and luciolebrillant, dependent on game launcher.

FM Record
2 - 3 - 0


ImageImage
User avatar
3cheersforidiots
Witch
Witch
 
Posts: 45
Joined: Fri Feb 27, 2015 9:53 am
Location: AAAAAAAAAAAAAAA (GMT/GMT+1/GMT+2)

Re: Buy this game - Lose your money

Postby KatiyaKramer » Sat May 23, 2020 11:18 am

Superalex11 wrote:
MysticMismagius wrote:The game's terms of service is listed here. https://www.blankmediagames.com/terms/
In these terms of services is the following, completely unedited excerpt:
1. By BlankMediaGames. BlankMediaGames RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SUSPEND, TERMINATE, MODIFY OR DELETE YOUR ACCOUNT AT ANY TIME FOR ANY REASON OR NO REASON, WITH OR WITHOUT NOTICE TO YOU, AND WITH NO LIABILITY OF ANY KIND TO YOU. Additionally, BlankMediaGames may stop offering and/or supporting the Game at any time. For purposes of explanation and not limitation, most Account suspensions, terminations and/or deletions are the result of violation of this Agreement, the EULA or the Privacy Policy. Accounts terminated by BlankMediaGames shall not be reinstated under any conditions whatsoever.
So not only do they warn people that they could lose their accounts for trivial reasons, they state this warning in all caps just to make sure you see it even if you're just skimming through the Terms of Service like most people do.

Yeah lemme just casually scroll down to uhh... section III.E.1....
...
Seriously?
Who do you think actually takes the time to read this? I don't mean the whole ToS by the way (that's closer to a flat 0.0%), I mean this particular section. Who do you think has read this? What percentage of players? At some point, the fact of its existence becomes meaningless to this type of discussion if its presentation isn't recognized by a large enough portion of the affected population.

Also, to mirror Brilliand's end-comment, because of the way ToS's have been handled by big companies over the years, at this point they've become basically defunct as far as actual expectations. Many companies even put things into their ToS's which are not legally enforceable, and so a ToS technically isn't even the end-all arbiter of the ongoings of its subject.


Almost everything you sign up for or download off the internet is going to have some sort of terms of use or terms of service accompanying it. Most people are sure not going to bother to read any of it for anything they sign up for, but that does not change the fact that when they break the terms of use/service, they are vulnerable to punishment or anything of the sort. It's the responsibility of the user to read and understand the terms before signing up, and to follow them. If they don't do any of it, and they lose their account over it, it's entirely on the owner of the account.
Favorite roles: Jester, Witch, Consig, Veteran, Vampire Hunter, Jailor, Lookout, aannnndddd sometimes vampire.
Least favorite roles: Medium and Survivor

Image
All hail Shelbow
User avatar
KatiyaKramer
St. Patrick's 2019 Winner
St. Patrick's 2019 Winner
 
Posts: 890
Joined: Thu Apr 02, 2015 9:51 am

Re: Buy this game - Lose your money

Postby Naru2008 » Sat May 23, 2020 12:45 pm

Naru2008 wrote:You're welcome to your opinion, but all accounts are punished based off the rulebook the Developers gave us.
superalex11 wrote:This is only weakly true, and stating it as strongly as you are is misleading and dishonest.
Also, no shit it's just an opinion, that's the point.


That's not true in the slightest. You continue to promote slander and lies inside and outside of the Trial System server. I've warned you about it prior, and you continue to do so.
Yes, myself and TurdPile have more leeway when it comes to punishing users, as we have the means to do so because it falls under our scope of powers and we can look into things other staff cannot, whereas Judges and GMods are restricted to the guide, however the rest of the staff punish based off the guide. If you want to think you're right, by all means, but I'm telling you; you're wrong.
I am a Moderator for the forum, and an Administrator for the game and Trial System, however I cannot reset your password, change your email, etc.

Please email the Developers via the email below to open a ticket and have them assist you;
support@blankmediagames.zendesk.com


Frequently Asked Questions | Give Feedback | Report a Bug | Appeal your Ban
User avatar
Naru2008
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
 
Posts: 15254
Joined: Thu Aug 07, 2014 9:45 pm
Location: USA

Re: Buy this game - Lose your money

Postby Brilliand » Sat May 23, 2020 2:35 pm

KatiyaKramer wrote:It's the responsibility of the user to read and understand the terms before signing up, and to follow them.


Given that most people "have" this responsibility and do not carry it out, the responsibility is effectively defunct, and taking advantage of anyone's failure to carry out that responsibility is abusive.

This is particularly true because companies running online services benefit from people signing up without reading the Terms of Service (because the barrier to entry is lower, they get far more users), and also benefit from pretending people have a responsibility to read the Terms of Service (because they get to deny their obvious responsibilities toward their customers). These companies also control their own signup process, so you can see evidence of this conflict of interest in that the signup process is generally easy and streamlined, but has this one bizarrely difficult step (reading the ToS) that is effectively optional, despite there being visible text saying that it is not optional.
My best role ideas:
Conqueror
Apocalypse Survivor
Brilliand
Sheriff
Sheriff
 
Posts: 527
Joined: Sat Nov 29, 2014 8:34 pm

Re: Buy this game - Lose your money

Postby James2 » Sun May 24, 2020 2:16 am

Superalex11 wrote:Here's an approximate breakdown of guilties I just ran, between report Id's 2225730 and 2749348:
HS/H: 34.61%
Inapp IGN: 21.59%
Gamethrowing: 20.73%
Spamming: 11.49%
Cheating: 7.71%
Leaving: 2.01%
Multi-Acc: 1.61%
BMG Imp: 0.22%
Inapp User: 0.05%

Imo an overwhelming majority of the IGNs that can get you banned fall into this category of "silly reason", meaning something like a fifth of all punishments (at minimum) are for a silly reason... which is definitely an issue.


My gosh. No wonder the game has so many trolls . . . they spend most of their time on word policing.

KatiyaKramer wrote:when they break the terms of use/service, they are vulnerable to punishment or anything of the sort


Breaking the Terms of Service is not a requirement for players to be banned.
James2
Forger
Forger
 
Posts: 1330
Joined: Tue Jun 16, 2015 9:53 am

Re: Buy this game - Lose your money

Postby Flavorable » Sun May 24, 2020 2:40 am

James2 wrote:My gosh. No wonder the game has so many trolls . . . they spend most of their time on word policing.

KatiyaKramer wrote:when they break the terms of use/service, they are vulnerable to punishment or anything of the sort


Breaking the Terms of Service is not a requirement for players to be banned.


Actually, a lot of games don't even have a separate set of rules and rely ONLY on the Terms of Service/Use and WILL get you banned without warning.

People need to stop blaming everyone else for them breaking the rules. The rules are extremely black and white already. There's a suspension system in place that most games I know of wouldn't even try.

Half the people getting suspended are people who never even read the rules to begin with, the other half people who know the rules and try to be edgy by circumventing them.
No one but the people themselves are responsible for them getting banned/suspended.

And to get back on what the topic really was about to begin with: OP linked his banned account to the Steam version. And that's 100% their own fault.
Steam ToS Moderator and Bug Report buttinsky.
Image
User avatar
Flavorable
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
 
Posts: 4394
Joined: Thu Apr 28, 2016 3:24 am
Location: Netherlands

Re: Buy this game - Lose your money

Postby leveria » Sun May 24, 2020 3:08 am

Hey,

1) I think sometimes judges don't make the right judgement because they flee through the reports, that's fine. if you think yours is not fair, appeal it - most likely if it is really not fair, they'll remove the banned.


2) whether they said they'll block the account or the game, doesn't matter. in most games if you break the rules and get banned, although u dont have to buy the game again; you have to buy a code again to play.. which is same price as the game itself - so kind of your reasoning is invalid.
leveria
Witch
Witch
 
Posts: 59
Joined: Wed Sep 28, 2016 7:36 am

Re: Buy this game - Lose your money

Postby James2 » Sun May 24, 2020 4:33 am

Flavorable wrote:
James2 wrote:My gosh. No wonder the game has so many trolls . . . they spend most of their time on word policing.

KatiyaKramer wrote:when they break the terms of use/service, they are vulnerable to punishment or anything of the sort


Breaking the Terms of Service is not a requirement for players to be banned.


Actually, a lot of games don't even have a separate set of rules and rely ONLY on the Terms of Service/Use and WILL get you banned without warning.


And? ToS doesn't require that a player break the Terms to get banned.

People need to stop blaming everyone else for them breaking the rules. The rules are extremely black and white already.


ToS literally has secret rules that you can only find out about if someone in the know gives you the link.
James2
Forger
Forger
 
Posts: 1330
Joined: Tue Jun 16, 2015 9:53 am

Re: Buy this game - Lose your money

Postby KAKERMAN23 » Sun May 24, 2020 5:37 am

You're right. You don't need to break the rules to get banned. If you read the terms of service, you'd know that.
pistachios are more intelligent than humans
-our pistachio overlord

pls flame me and criticise this terrible guide here —> https://www.blankmediagames.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=56&t=108749 i wanna improve it, all criticisms are appreciated
User avatar
KAKERMAN23
Spy
Spy
 
Posts: 145
Joined: Wed Mar 22, 2017 7:18 am
Location: New York City

Next

Return to Feedback

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests