Steam ToS VS Browser Tos

Put any feedback about the game here.

Steam ToS VS Browser Tos

Postby RedHeadStepChild » Sat Jun 15, 2019 9:55 am

I have played ToS on both Brower and Steam, and given the number of alleged hacked accounts, there is most likely more issues with people logging in through steam. I mean lets face it Steam's security measures are complete RUBBISH! Its a chore to keep changing your passwords and info on steam, but Oddly enough it does help.

But some things I have noticed that are Pros and Cons. Though truthfully, the LAG is getting worse on both sides. I am not even going to mention the mobile version due to given what you are playing on, be it cell phone, tablet etc. There are way too many variables.

PRO:
Steam: Better quality of gameplay, as far as graphics, smoothness, and over all better UI actions.
Browser: Less Chance for getting hacked, easier to access as far as logging in, achievements properly register more. Does not freeze up when you tab out like you do with steam. Uses less RAM than steam.

CON:
Steam: Higher chance of being hacked, When steam's population gets high it lags very badly due to what ever server they use being crowded, tends to lag out, freeze or Disconnect more. Plus not to mention Steam has been having all kinds of issues as of late. a lot of achievements are not being registered properly.
Browser: graphics are grainy or pixilated, tends to be susceptible to pop ups, and other random things.

These are just a few of things I have noticed. If anyone else experienced similar issues, or has an opinion, Please share it here.

I also wonder, with this new Unity Engine, for those users who do not use steam, or the browser, are you going to make it available to be played both through steam and/or Browser?
If you have ever called me an Asshole, I thank you. I wear that title with Pride and Honor.

No matter how big of a troll you think you are, there is always someone out there that is a lot bigger of a troll than you.
RedHeadStepChild
Veteran
Veteran

Re: Steam ToS VS Browser Tos

Postby Brilliand » Sat Jun 15, 2019 1:07 pm

RedHeadStepChild wrote:I have played ToS on both Brower and Steam, and given the number of alleged hacked accounts, there is most likely more issues with people logging in through steam. I mean lets face it Steam's security measures are complete RUBBISH! Its a chore to keep changing your passwords and info on steam, but Oddly enough it does help.

I don't think the security level of the platform is a major concern right now. The large number of current hacked accounts are the result of a server hack at the end of last year, in which BMG's username/password database was stolen. Anyone who hasn't changed their password since then will wind up as a "hacked account" sooner or later.
Brilliand
Godfather
Godfather

Postby Descender » Sat Jun 15, 2019 2:04 pm

Brilliand wrote:
RedHeadStepChild wrote:I have played ToS on both Brower and Steam, and given the number of alleged hacked accounts, there is most likely more issues with people logging in through steam. I mean lets face it Steam's security measures are complete RUBBISH! Its a chore to keep changing your passwords and info on steam, but Oddly enough it does help.

I don't think the security level of the platform is a major concern right now. The large number of current hacked accounts are the result of a server hack at the end of last year, in which BMG's username/password database was stolen. Anyone who hasn't changed their password since then will wind up as a "hacked account" sooner or later.

The stolen information hasn't resulted in account stealing afaik, just to steal your emails and stuff
Possibly known as TodaysStory
TG Frequenter and Host
she/her
Descender
Role Ideas Moderator
Role Ideas Moderator

Postby Brilliand » Sat Jun 15, 2019 2:19 pm

Helicooler wrote:
Brilliand wrote:

The stolen information hasn't resulted in account stealing afaik, just to steal your emails and stuff

The stolen info definitely included password hashes. Anything more than that is speculation, but it's very likely that stolen password hashes results in stolen accounts.
Brilliand
Godfather
Godfather

Postby Flavorable » Sat Jun 15, 2019 3:14 pm

If you changed your ToS account password after the breach, it doesn't matter which platform you play on. They stole ToS account info, not Steam account info.

Not to mention, Steam is always technically safer, because it has 2-step authentication available.
No reply to your support ticket after 15 business days? PM me with your ticket number.

You may PM me for clarifications on appeal verdicts, but keep in mind the verdict will not change.

Do you have 151+ games played and want to help rid the community of toxic players and gamethrowers? Join the Trial System today: https://www.blankmediagames.com/Trial/#start

Also, check out the Trial System Discord Server: https://discord.gg/K5SnyJS
Flavorable
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby kyuss420 » Wed Jun 19, 2019 3:04 am

Brilliand wrote:
Helicooler wrote:
Brilliand wrote:

The stolen info definitely included password hashes. Anything more than that is speculation, but it's very likely that stolen password hashes results in stolen accounts.

I doubt any of the hackers are interested in stealing your ToS account (your ToS account doesnt hold any personal financial information), they are interested in email address and the password you used, and if you used that email/password combination on any sites that may have personal financial info... email accounts, Netflix accounts, Apple Store accounts, Other gaming platform accounts, Paypal accounts etc. etc. If you used the same password on any of those accounts, those accounts will be hacked by now, and your credit card will be compromised.

People paying money for data packets, want to make their money back, not steal freemium accounts to spend your digital coins and sell your skins
goosegoosegoosegoosegoose
Spoiler: Image Spoiler: Image Spoiler: Image Spoiler: Image Spoiler: Image
kyuss420
Serial Killer
Serial Killer

Postby Brilliand » Wed Jun 19, 2019 2:06 pm

kyuss420 wrote:I doubt any of the hackers are interested in stealing your ToS account (your ToS account doesnt hold any personal financial information)

The hackers were among the people running the bots last year. They might want to steal your account to use it for trolling and gamethrowing.
Brilliand
Godfather
Godfather

Postby Flavorable » Wed Jun 19, 2019 2:22 pm

Brilliand wrote:
kyuss420 wrote:I doubt any of the hackers are interested in stealing your ToS account (your ToS account doesnt hold any personal financial information)

The hackers were among the people running the bots last year. They might want to steal your account to use it for trolling and gamethrowing.

These hackers are not the same people to our knowledge. I think it would be safe to say the legal repercussions would make them refrain from actually hacking again.
No reply to your support ticket after 15 business days? PM me with your ticket number.

You may PM me for clarifications on appeal verdicts, but keep in mind the verdict will not change.

Do you have 151+ games played and want to help rid the community of toxic players and gamethrowers? Join the Trial System today: https://www.blankmediagames.com/Trial/#start

Also, check out the Trial System Discord Server: https://discord.gg/K5SnyJS
Flavorable
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Return to Feedback