Android: Very aggressive inactivity detection on Chromebooks

This forum is used to post suggestions to improve the tablet version of the game.

Android: Very aggressive inactivity detection on Chromebooks

Postby petitchou » Fri Jul 20, 2018 3:29 pm

Hi there,

I run the Android client on a Chromebook and absolutely love it, but I find one thing quite unpleasant about it. I run the game full screen, and if I alt-tab out of the client for even just a second to check something (like the list of Investigator detected roles), it will immediately throw me out of the game for inactivity. My only other alternative is to use the web client, which gets about 2 FPS on this thing. I've lost two games this way so far and it's really starting to get annoying.

Is there any way you could make the AFK detection slightly less aggressive? I don't know much about Android programming or how it handles background tasks, but even just 30 seconds on the app losing focus would be so much better than this.

Thanks a bunch!

EDIT: On further research, it appears there is a window - ten seconds. This is a bit disheartening. I can understand that Chromebooks are hardly a primary market, but if the limit could be increased even slightly given how hard it is to switch out of the window it would be extremely appreciated.
petitchou

Return to Mobile Suggestions