Separate Mobile from PC

This forum is used to post suggestions to improve the tablet version of the game.

Separate Mobile from PC

Postby LairesTheUnscaled » Fri Oct 04, 2019 3:47 pm

Hello people,

I think Mobile shouldn't be connected to PC users. Main reason is that on mobile it takes forever to write what you have on your mind, compared to PC where you can type with all 10 fingers at the same time. Writing much, much faster + you can read anything others wrote while typing, which you cant on mobile because the keyboard takes all the screen space. I think at the very least. Ranked Mobile should be separated from Ranked PC (if it isn't already, unsure about that).

Second reason is that Mobile wills copied through the button you press, does NOT appear for PC users, and WILL cause mislynches, because you can't see on PC what are they even claiming sometimes, even when you look back in Chat log, its all glitched so you barely can read first few words, while it looks normal for other Mobile users.

Third reason is just simply new players coming to the game, that don't really care about the game to Ranked Practice doing nothing at all, not understanding the game or throwing because they think the game is all about lying so they lie as Townies about their roles etc., OR they don't have a will or have not cced their claim before because "I play on mobile, sorry" and then you just want to execute them for it, because any evil can have this excuse. Playing on mobile is huge downgrade to classic ToS experience and people coming from mobile are usually kids from Candy Crush etc., so my suggestions are:

1. Separate Mobile from PC (at least for Ranked, or as an optional setting for any game mode, like in many other Mobile/PC games)
2. Make Mobile version discussion time 2x as long. (It's so slow to type on mobile and you can't write and read at the same time, you really need something to make up for the handicap and doubled discussion time is the best solution I can think of out of the blue)
3. If nothing from above, at least fix posting of wills from Mobile to PC screens so it can be read by anyone, not just mobile users.
LairesTheUnscaled
Survivor
Survivor

Re: Separate Mobile from PC

Postby Jerme » Sat Oct 05, 2019 2:38 am

There are currently no plans on splitting the playerbase from mobile and desktop, but the issue you reported could be looked into, Thanks for that.
Disclaimer: I try to abide by the game's softfilter and use the appropriate replacements, when I am using the forums. Those will be set in brackets. Example: [tarnation]
Visit my role suggestions and give me feedback: http://www.blankmediagames.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=28949

Visit the Testing Grounds
Occupation: A developers pain and joy (QA-fox), currently "hired" by Ralozey
Jerme
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby ugurcansayan » Tue Oct 08, 2019 3:46 am

How about putting icons into the game to identify players' client? So people would know the mobile players, who are slow typers, etc. Btw I do not think this is essential but it could work.
ugurcansayan
Witch
Witch

Postby LairesTheUnscaled » Tue Oct 08, 2019 9:00 am

ugurcansayan wrote:How about putting icons into the game to identify players' client? So people would know the mobile players, who are slow typers, etc. Btw I do not think this is essential but it could work.

Well as Mafia or NK I would then know to prioritize PC users and leave Mobile users for later since they will be less capable of finding evils... that wouldn't work.
LairesTheUnscaled
Survivor
Survivor

Postby JacksonVirgo » Tue Oct 08, 2019 2:59 pm

LairesTheUnscaled wrote:
ugurcansayan wrote:How about putting icons into the game to identify players' client? So people would know the mobile players, who are slow typers, etc. Btw I do not think this is essential but it could work.

Well as Mafia or NK I would then know to prioritize PC users and leave Mobile users for later since they will be less capable of finding evils... that wouldn't work.

Imagine using an emulator to gain an advantage through this to make yourself less of a target. It's a good concept that wouldn't work in practise.
Pronouns - They/Them

On-site FM Record: 11-0-11
Spoiler: Latest Town Game: VFM75 - Citizen - Win
Latest Scum Game: SFM79 - Coroner - Win
Latest Neutral Game: SFM72 - Failed Assassin - Win
Last updated 02.12.20 AEST
JacksonVirgo
Sheriff
Sheriff

Postby KAKERMAN23 » Mon May 18, 2020 10:11 am

Maybe mobile users could have a choice of joining a mobile-only lobby or a cross-platform one.
signature

this is a certified floating candle moment

i am female now jsjsjs
KAKERMAN23
Retributionist
Retributionist

Return to Mobile Suggestions