Town Of Salem Chat Bug

This forum is used to report bugs that happen while playing the Tablet version of the game.

Town Of Salem Chat Bug

Postby SaiemoSaihara » Sat Feb 23, 2019 5:39 pm

This bug has been lingering around for a while now ever since the mobile version was officially released with coven.

I'm using two phones that are Motorola each with Android 7,

I can join any tos game fine and play, but after a while of being in the match, the keyboard just won't pop up anymore, it sucks when I'm getting accused and I can't defend myself because the keyboard won't even work. Add to that, other apps crash in the background, some which aren't even open.

This bug happens on both phones and it's really pestering cause chatting is essential to this game

Any ideas on what the issue might be?
SaiemoSaihara
Amnesiac
Amnesiac

Re: Town Of Salem Chat Bug

Postby Jerme » Sun Feb 24, 2019 8:05 am

Thread moved to mobile bug reports, please report issues with the mobile app here.
Does that happen on every match, or only when havign certain roles? Do you have a rought time when the keyboard stops popping up?
Disclaimer: I try to abide by the game's softfilter and use the appropriate replacements, when I am using the forums. Those will be set in brackets. Example: [tarnation]
Visit my role suggestions and give me feedback: http://www.blankmediagames.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=28949

Visit the Testing Grounds
Occupation: A developers pain and joy (QA-fox), currently "hired" by Ralozey
Jerme
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby SaiemoSaihara » Sun Feb 24, 2019 6:01 pm

Jerme wrote:Thread moved to mobile bug reports, please report issues with the mobile app here.
Does that happen on every match, or only when havign certain roles? Do you have a rought time when the keyboard stops popping up?

It happens in every match actually, and yeah it's a pretty rough time because lots of apps randomly stop working in the background (including google ones).
SaiemoSaihara
Amnesiac
Amnesiac

Postby Jerme » Sun Feb 24, 2019 10:38 pm

Do those apps only stop working during playing ToS for some time, or also when playing other games as well?
When does the keyboard stop working usually?
Disclaimer: I try to abide by the game's softfilter and use the appropriate replacements, when I am using the forums. Those will be set in brackets. Example: [tarnation]
Visit my role suggestions and give me feedback: http://www.blankmediagames.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=28949

Jerme
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby SaiemoSaihara » Mon Feb 25, 2019 8:50 pm

Jerme wrote:Do those apps only stop working during playing ToS for some time, or also when playing other games as well?
When does the keyboard stop working usually?

Only when I play ToS the apps start crashing, the whole bug clutters up the game, making it slow. And the keyboard stops working say... 4-7 minutes after it was first opened.
SaiemoSaihara
Amnesiac
Amnesiac

Postby Jerme » Tue Feb 26, 2019 10:13 am

Do you know the exact model of your phone?

Jerme
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby SaiemoSaihara » Tue Feb 26, 2019 7:56 pm

Jerme wrote:Do you know the exact model of your phone?

A Moto C
SaiemoSaihara
Amnesiac
Amnesiac

Postby Jerme » Tue Feb 26, 2019 11:29 pm

Well, further investigation means that the killed background apps happen due to your phone not having enough memory to keep them running, they keyboard is a tricky one.
Are you using a custom one, or the default inbuild one?

Jerme
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby SaiemoSaihara » Thu Feb 28, 2019 11:43 pm

Jerme wrote:Well, further investigation means that the killed background apps happen due to your phone not having enough memory to keep them running, they keyboard is a tricky one.
Are you using a custom one, or the default inbuild one?

The default one actually, this phone is new so I haven't actually modified it in any way.
SaiemoSaihara
Amnesiac
Amnesiac

Return to Mobile Bug Reports