Android 5.1 Game minimized, no crash, before game end.

This forum is used to report bugs that happen while playing the Tablet version of the game.

Android 5.1 Game minimized, no crash, before game end.

Postby BluReign » Sat Sep 03, 2016 3:52 am

I am playing 1.5.3.379 on android 5.1 lenovo yoga tab 3 pro (yt3-x90f). This does mean it has a lenovo version of android 5.1 with their bloatware but it is the most recent update.

I've tried to play twice last night and twice tonight. The last time I uninstalled the app and restarted my tablet before reinstalling. The game becomes less and less responsive and eventually tabs out without crashing. I still find it in recent apps but it restarts if I try to switch back in.

Chat is still buggy in displaying text while typing and might refuse to pull up keyboard for me to type; it did submit typing while I was in the process of typing and might be one source of 'crash'. Autocorrect makes it difficult to abbreviate roles when typing or even type player names.
I open chat log and my will often as tonights two games I was investigator and sheriff.
I have yet to finish a game on this tablet though I've played about 6 games.

Logging in I was told there was a 40% discount for the Kill The Ads offer which I purchased for $2.99 but do not see the in game currency added to my account and see the same offer in the store still at full price($4.99)

I tried submitting this through chrome on my tablet but after I login to the forum I was logged out as the redirect processed. This did not happen on firefox. On the same tablet. After finishing the prior text I hit preview and was required to relogin which directed me to a blank new post. Thankfully hitting back I was able to return to the completed post.
Last edited by BluReign on Thu Sep 08, 2016 8:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
BluReign

Re: on Android 5.1 game minimizing before game finish, no cr

Postby Jerme » Sat Sep 03, 2016 4:11 am

Currently the game is at version 1.5.5 so try if you cna update the app.
Crash reports will be automatically sent to BMG, so there is no need to report them manually.
About your purchase: If you have a receipt contact Info@BlankMediaGames.com or TurdPile with the proof of purchase and your username to receive your bought item.
Disclaimer: I try to abide by the game's softfilter and use the appropriate replacements, when I am using the forums. Those will be set in brackets. Example: [tarnation]
Visit my role suggestions and give me feedback: http://www.blankmediagames.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=28949

Visit the Testing Grounds
Occupation: A developers pain and joy (QA-fox), currently "hired" by Ralozey
Jerme
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: on Android 5.1 game minimizing before game finish, no cr

Postby BluReign » Thu Sep 08, 2016 6:35 am

I have reinstalled from google play twice now and only get 1.5.3.3719 version.
Checking google play there is no update listed and the app only shows version 1.5 not the full version number to confirm 1.5.5 as you state. I do see 1.5.5.3806 for both browser version and steam version. Is the mobile version kept the same?

The game is NOT crashing, as I said the game disappears but is still in my overview. Town Of Salem restarts if I try to pull it back up from overview or use the app icon. Because of this I have not been able to complete a single game on my tablet.

I have tested again and the keyboard still is the most obviously buggy aspect though the whole game becomes less responsive as games progress.
I just played a game and was spy. adding to will is difficult as the tablet keyboard keeps minimizing as events take place( morning death listed, voting on lynch). with so much fighting it as it gets more laggy the keyboard actually started not appearing or showing all black.

While I was still trying to participate in chat(waiting for keyboard to appear) the game tabbed out again. no crash but trying to reenter from overview the app restarted and had me log back in. I could not start another game since i was listed as leaving early.

I was finally able to finish one game by avoiding use of the mobile keyboard for the last half of the game.
I was doctor and got lucky healing the Jailer. I was jailed early enough I could reply and confirm who i was healing and they confirmed it was them. I did eventually die to mafia but town won. I tried to take a screenshot of the victory screen but it wasn't remaining on the screen showing the image to be saved. When I gave up and clicked the Return button the game still minimized and though it still hadn't crashed it restarted as I tried to switch back to it from the overview.

I think there is too much activating/hiding the keyboard for mobile. It didn't help to use the button that increases the chat window size and has had issues whether trying to tap into chat or into the will(both of which need the tablet keyboard). The keyboard fails to open after the game has progressed long enough.
Last edited by SpellChecker on Thu Sep 08, 2016 4:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: merged posts.
BluReign

Re: Android 5.1 Game minimized, no crash, before game end.

Postby BluReign » Sat Sep 10, 2016 12:38 pm

Hooray game updated as of sept 9 and works better so far. At least with the 1 game I've played where I won as SK.
BluReign

Return to Mobile Bug Reports