iOS game crashes

This forum is used to report bugs that happen while playing the Tablet version of the game.

iOS game crashes

Postby FatalSaber » Thu Dec 19, 2019 8:11 pm

I’m really frustrated. I haven’t finished a game all day because my game keeps crashing. I’m using an IPad Air version 12.4.3 and the game version is 3.0.23 someone please help me fix this, I just want to play the game.
FatalSaber

Re: iOS game crashes

Postby Jerme » Fri Dec 20, 2019 12:42 am

How is the app reacting? Does it simply close?
Do you see a pattern in the crashes?
Disclaimer: I try to abide by the game's softfilter and use the appropriate replacements, when I am using the forums. Those will be set in brackets. Example: [tarnation]
Visit my role suggestions and give me feedback: http://www.blankmediagames.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=28949

Visit the Testing Grounds
Occupation: A developers pain and joy (QA-fox), currently "hired" by Ralozey
Jerme
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby FatalSaber » Fri Dec 20, 2019 1:03 pm

Yea it jus closes. Only during games. But I turned off pets and other things and that seemed to help. Although the game still closes sometimes at the end of a match
FatalSaber

Postby Jerme » Sun Dec 22, 2019 1:43 pm

I believe such closings should get sent to BMG for analysing purposes. After a few fixes/tweaks to the Steamversion will the mobile version be updated, which hopefully fixes some of the crash/closing causes.
Disclaimer: I try to abide by the game's softfilter and use the appropriate replacements, when I am using the forums. Those will be set in brackets. Example: [tarnation]
Visit my role suggestions and give me feedback: http://www.blankmediagames.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=28949

Jerme
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby TokyoJynx » Mon Jan 20, 2020 5:40 pm

Hi Jerme,

If the game knows when our iOS app crashes, then how come we still lose 30 points for crashes not disconnects. And why does my app crash occasionally? It is the latest update. Also I can reload the game in 15 seconds but how come I can't get back into the game I crashed out of?

Kind Regards
TokyoJynx

Postby Jerme » Mon Jan 20, 2020 11:14 pm

Greetings,

the client knows that it crashed, but the server only knows you disconnected and thus acts accordingly, which is why the elo penalty is applied.
I do not know why the app is crashing, there are some possible reasons, some are connected to the phone (not enough memory, heated up...) and some are with the client of having encountered a not caught exception that cannot be processed. There could be more, but I am not an app developer.
The latest version of the mobile app is quite old atm, but it will be reviewed soon again.
You cannot return to the game, as there is no reconnection system prepared yet,

Jerme
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Return to Mobile Bug Reports