Zero Escape: VLDR - Fun is Mandatory

Virtue's Last Dangan Ronpa

Re: Zero Escape: VLDR - Fun is Mandatory

Postby LordofFail » Sun Jun 09, 2019 8:30 pm

Oh, you would have loved it, Camille.

Nowhere to run off to, just a single straight line pathway from a start point to a destination, marched in complete silence.

Also, I still need to discuss what happened before the missions with you.

You did kill me after all.
"The Hardest Game to Win is a Won Game"

~~ Emanuel Lasker ~~

Mystery Link
LordofFail
[Forum Mafia I] Winner
[Forum Mafia I] Winner

Postby Schultz128 » Sun Jun 09, 2019 8:33 pm

...what happened with your group?
Schultz128
FM Awards: Creator

Postby TheNiceOne16 » Sun Jun 09, 2019 8:34 pm

While their actions did lead to you death Olaf, CAMILLE didn't actually kill you. That honor goes to Johnt's malfunctioning Guaze Gun. :)
Nice To Meet You Friendo!
TheNiceOne16
Jester
Jester

Postby LordofFail » Sun Jun 09, 2019 8:37 pm

We completed our mission.

After we ran away from the fight, I immediately contacted Friend Zero, who told me to find another route and not to engage either group as efficiency was of utmost importance.

So we found an alternate route to the destination, which turned out to only be the midway point and served as a waypoint.

We then went to the final destination. I went first because Skate and Olga decided to stop at the midway point with Blind for no reason whatsoever so I went on ahead because I couldn't deal with the waiting around forever business that was going on. Blind eventually dragged them to the destination.

All of the travelling was done in complete silence. It was maddening.

By the way, who are you again? You seem so familiar, and yet so foreign, all at the same time.

~~ Emanuel Lasker ~~

Mystery Link
LordofFail
[Forum Mafia I] Winner
[Forum Mafia I] Winner

Postby Metrion » Sun Jun 09, 2019 8:38 pm

Hello troubleshooters, you are all here for your debriefing again. It seems only a single mission went unsuccessful this time, you must be improving. As always in this debriefing it would be wise to fully communicate what happened and what could be fixed in the future. Any misconduct or grievances shall be reported. A family without blame is subject to maim. To begin the team leaders (Skate, MarvinTheParanoidAndroid, TheNiceOne) or another person from each mission give their report. Thank you.

At this time roaming will start afterwards so please pick a room to start out in.

Debriefing Room
RnD
The Square
Decontaminate
Personal Bunks
Range
Caf
Common Area
Back Alley
---
The Chop Shop
Pub O dash O
The Archaic Dataplex
The Deep Chamber
Dark Alley
Last edited by Metrion on Sun Jun 09, 2019 8:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Metrion

Postby Schultz128 » Sun Jun 09, 2019 8:38 pm

I'm....IIII, yes?
Schultz128

Postby LordofFail » Sun Jun 09, 2019 8:46 pm

I'll give the report (because Xerxes wasn't in the game for the first part of the mission so he can't actually talk about it :| ).

We picked up Citizen Blind at the designated area and began our journey, taking the most direct route.

We stopped at a carnival of sorts because Blind demanded it.

We then encountered two groups engaged in combat with some spilled goods on the ground.

We then all fled the scene, and I lost a hand in the process.

We regrouped at an earlier point and chartered an alternate route that was longer, but did not require us going through the warzone. This was done to avoid risking Citizen Blind's life in the mission.

We then marched in silence for what seemed like forever until we arrived at the first destination.

The first destination was a small empty storage shack that served as a midway point.

Here, Olga and Skate stopped moving for no rational reason, and Blind stayed with them.

Unable to convince the unresponsive trio to move, I went on ahead, hoping that it would spark them to actually do something.

My plan clearly didn't work as even though I was walking slowly, I still arrived at the destination several hours before Blind arrive, quite literally dragging Skate and Olga, who were clearly still refusing to participate in the mission.

That is the entirety of what happened on our mission, Friend Zero.

~~ Emanuel Lasker ~~

Mystery Link
LordofFail
[Forum Mafia I] Winner
[Forum Mafia I] Winner

Postby Multiuniverse » Sun Jun 09, 2019 8:53 pm

Our mission was unsuccessful, and I would like to first and foremost shoulder all the blame.

At the start of the mission the one who briefed us handed out four tools, a wire cutter, a BOOM-erang, a 0 kelvin spray and a blast resistant vest
I decided to keep to cutter and the BOOM-erang with myself and hand Lucius the vest and Lavender the spray.

On our way to the location of the bomb we were blocked by someone who demanded we pay him to pass that way. Camille quickly escaped using a grapling hook and left without us. After some discussion and unsuccessful attempt at negotiation ending in me unsuccessfully shooting him as he had an invisible barrier in front of him I urge either Lucius or Lavender to throw the BOOM-erange over the barrier so it will bend down to hit the man. Lavender volunteered and successfully achieved that on their second try.

Facing the man's accomplice approaching from the other side of the alley I shot him, but due to my gun malfunctioning it reeled back and shot me instead, killing me.

When I came back the group was already at the building where the bomb is. When we went up to the floor with the bomb Camille greeted us. After talking they left, citing that they do not believe I trust them and that they don't want their fate resting on our hands, despite my insistence that we can work together.

Me, Lavender and Lucius found the bomb and begun our attempt at defusing it, discussing our moves. Without forewarning Lavender removed the hourglass attached to the bomb. Fortunately this did not cause any disturbance to the bomb, rather luckily inside was a capsule which contains the clue to how to defuse the bomb. The problem was that on the sheet which outlined which wire in the bomb to cut the printer which printed the paper has apparently ran out of ink, giving us 5 possible wires to cut. With 4 mins left I rashly and foolishly decided that, since the hourglass offered us some clue, pushing the pressure place which the hourglass was attached to may offer us more clue. This decision has resulted in the bomb exploding and our mission failing, which, as I have mentioned at the start, I fully accept responsibility for.

I believe although Lavender has acted rashly at times they are a reliable team member
Lucius did not do much for me to form a particular opinion on them

That concludes my debriefing

Thanks parker for the gif and SuperDuper for suggesting rotational sig
Multiuniverse
[Forum Mafia XVII] Winner

Postby Multiuniverse » Sun Jun 09, 2019 8:55 pm

I would also like to add that the bomb has the initial "AM" carved on it. This may prove useful in tracking its origin.

Multiuniverse

Postby LordofFail » Sun Jun 09, 2019 8:57 pm

So Marvin, you died twice while everyone else died once, correct?

Also I should add about my debriefing that while Skate and Olga were not actively going against the mission, they weren't doing anything to really help it either.

They just didn't really do anything at all for the vast majority of the time, now that I really think about it.

~~ Emanuel Lasker ~~

Mystery Link
LordofFail
[Forum Mafia I] Winner
[Forum Mafia I] Winner

Postby Multiuniverse » Sun Jun 09, 2019 9:14 pm

LordofFail wrote:So Marvin, you died twice while everyone else died once, correct?

Also I should add about my debriefing that while Skate and Olga were not actively going against the mission, they weren't doing anything to really help it either.

They just didn't really do anything at all for the vast majority of the time, now that I really think about it.

That is correct

Multiuniverse

Postby TheNiceOne16 » Sun Jun 09, 2019 10:26 pm

Our mission was a complete success, Friend ZRO. We first arrived in a large a hanger filled with other Citizens and a Green Officer waiting patiently for us. He quickly handed us the telekey to our transportation. We used they key to locate our vehical which we vetted and did minor repairs on then headed out. We stopped at a checkpoint on our way to our destination, the Orange Officer their one Safeb-O-RDR asked for our IDs and what we were doing. We complied and were on our way.

During our ride a blood stained Truck burst through a brick wall behind us and started to barrel towards us. We made to pull to the side of the road when the driver of the truck, a traitor cyborg, started to climb to the top of the the truck while it still barreled toward us. He had didn't have his clearence on display as well as having a large weapon led us to assume he was an enemy. I proceded to shoot the cyborgs robotic arm off while Veronica, who was driving the vehical, drove faster stopping the enemy from gaining on us. Me, Johnt and Royston, who was on turret duty, all opened fire and missed the cyborg while the cyborg assimilated the weapon into his robotic arm stump and charged it to fire. He proceded to fire the weapon causeing a sonic wave of destruction with a defeaning blue blare which ripped the groud apart as it headed for us. Veronicas skilful maneuvering of the vehical saved us however. I soon try shooting again and keep missing while Johnt searches the vehical for a weapon as the cyborg charges up for another shot. Johnt finds a weapon and charges it. Right before they unleaash their shots I shoot the cyborgs fleshy arm off, but sadly not effecting him. Both charges are fired resulting in the cyborg, the truck, and Johnts found weapon exsploding. The weapon Johnt found created a lightning strike at the enemy. During the chase Four fell out of the Vehical and died due to not wearing a seat belt, a mistake he did not make twice. We having managed to come out of this with only minor scraps to us and the car stopped so I could video tape the wreckage.

We then continued on to the location of the mutant weapons testing. I then proceded to stealthy scout the enemies out for the team. I found 5 mutants hudled in the abandoned factory. I then came back to the team and made a plan for us. I would do what I could stealthing through the facilty and when things hit the fan Johnt would throw the experimental grenades at the group of mutants while Veronica drove the vehical through the doors and Royston uses the turret on thje group. Four would provide support however needed. I then enacted my infiltration through the factories chimney. After climbing up it then down I filmed the group testing out the mutant weapon which appeared to turn whatever was the mutant's orginal power into the opposite effect. I then snuck around them and up onto the second floor doorway. Their I peaked in and found a very large and very agmented cyborg pasing about with schematics in his hands. I used the distraction to walk behind him and shoot him in the heart, killing him instantly. This alerted the 5 from below. 4 of them came running towards the second floor while one disappeared, we never discovered where this one went. I activated the Chimney as a signal to my allies to begin the assult. Johnt followed the plan butifully, throwing the granades into the enemy group which proceded to shoot a spiriling laser beam out of the top which connected the grenades to each other. This seperated and distracted the mutant traitors allowing for Veronica to bust in through the door and Royston to gun down one of them, during and using this choas I gunned down the remaining mutant on the stairs to the second floor. I bealive that mutant could creat fire. Royston and Johnt shoot a flying mutant, killing them while the remaing mutant created a golem out of the dead mutant on the stairs by raising his hands. Royston and Veronica opened fire on the remaing alive mutant but both missed, while that happened the mutant raised their boss back as a golem and I stoped the golem on the stairs from entering the second floor by stunning them with the door. I then proceded to jump out off the second floor to avoid being pincered by the golems and Johnt, Veronica, and Royston shot down the remaining mutant which caused the golems to stop functioning. We quickly looted the mutants of the schematics, mutant weapon and their guns. Then we headed back. At the checkpoint we dropped of the gear we looted to Safeb-O-RDR and headed onward. We parked the car and handed the keys back in.

At this point me and Four relized we had difering memories of the events of our mission. He bealived himself to have been the leader of our team and that a different selection of leaders occured. he also had memories of being shot and of a black bag he had. It is during this I realised I had two timeline of events in my memorie which diverged when we were told who the leader of the teams where. In this alternate timeline Four, me and Marvin were made leaders. Subsequently, in this timeline Four was not on our team. Additionaly, My memories contradict themselves depending on how I try to remember Four's black bag. if I try remembering a black bag Four had, I remember him not having one, but if I try remembering the black bag as he described it, I remeber Four having it right before we went into the chut. Back to the mission, we then used the tubes to return.

Veronica showed extreme reliability and compatence throughout the mission during combat. Johnt showed quick thinking and great situational awarnes by making use of his environment. Royston showed competence is heaavy weapos usage. Four did not manage to shin during our outing. I managed to show adept spienage skills as well as adequate leadership during the mission. The only thing we would need to obviouslt work on is the speed at which we completed the mission, but even then I'd say we did okay time wise considering the obsticals we faced. I hope that report was adequate friend computer. :)
TheNiceOne16
Jester
Jester

Postby Schultz128 » Sun Jun 09, 2019 10:29 pm

Friend Zero, I'm....I'm unsure of the integrity of our existence.
Schultz128

Postby TheNiceOne16 » Sun Jun 09, 2019 10:37 pm

We might be fine. Since we can rely upon ZRO's timeline of events we can ignore anything that does not line up with them thus securing our point of view. Plus, our memory shenanigans seem regated to purely that mission so it doesnt seem to be infecting all our memories. That said its best to rely upon Friend ZRO's judgement. :)
TheNiceOne16
Jester
Jester

Postby Arcthurus » Mon Jun 10, 2019 10:00 am

Our own eyes are often unreliable. That which we believe to be the evidence from our eyes and memories are fallible. Only what Friend Zero says is true is true, anything else is ficticious -- either out of confusion, misremembering, or dishonesty. There should never be room for doubt. Just check the broble.

Spoiler: Image

Art Count: 3
Spoiler: Cyrus & Horane

---
Aeolus & Phoenix

---
Xero & (Priest)
Arcthurus
Mafioso
Mafioso

Postby LordofFail » Mon Jun 10, 2019 10:28 am

Citizen ... III, was it?

Why don't you recount what you remember?

~~ Emanuel Lasker ~~

Mystery Link
LordofFail
[Forum Mafia I] Winner
[Forum Mafia I] Winner

Postby Schultz128 » Mon Jun 10, 2019 10:36 am

It...it hurts to recount, really. Some sort of freakshow, a firing squad, a rifle blast, an explosion, spaghetti....it's fragmented.
Schultz128

Postby renetear » Mon Jun 10, 2019 1:48 pm

Hmmm... are you sure that isn't a weird game you played?
“Don't be scared, it's just a friendly game, right?"
renetear

Postby LordofFail » Mon Jun 10, 2019 2:21 pm

TheNiceOne16 wrote:While their actions did lead to you death Olaf, CAMILLE didn't actually kill you. That honor goes to Johnt's malfunctioning Guaze Gun. :)

Hmm.

Interesting.

Johnt, can you confirm this?

~~ Emanuel Lasker ~~

Mystery Link
LordofFail
[Forum Mafia I] Winner
[Forum Mafia I] Winner

Postby Multiuniverse » Mon Jun 10, 2019 3:14 pm

I seem to remember the leaders chosen to be me, IIII, and TNO

Multiuniverse

Postby TheNiceOne16 » Mon Jun 10, 2019 3:32 pm

People outside of my group also suffer from the alternate memories too? That pretty interesting...
:)
TheNiceOne16
Jester
Jester

Postby PokemonKidRyan » Mon Jun 10, 2019 3:50 pm

Friend Marvin.. I remember I attempted to throw the BOOM-erang and tried to give some advice when attempting to defuse the bomb. I know it is not much but I'd think I actually tried to help somewhat even if it was not effective.
My personality:
Spoiler: Image

My alts were EdwardMidford and TsuchiyaTenaka. I apologise profusely for being bad and hiding behind them. I ask for forgiveness but know that won't be a simple feat. Please stop bringing up my past, as I'm striving towards a new future. I just sometimes struggle to show that I truly want said change.
PokemonKidRyan
[Forum Mafia XI] Winner
[Forum Mafia XI] Winner

Postby Multiuniverse » Mon Jun 10, 2019 3:55 pm

PokemonKidRyan wrote:Friend Marvin.. I remember I attempted to throw the BOOM-erang and tried to give some advice when attempting to defuse the bomb. I know it is not much but I'd think I actually tried to help somewhat even if it was not effective.

I do not recall you throwing the BOOM-erang however that may only be because I have forgotten that
I have also mentioned that all 3 of us discussed how to defuse the bomb

As I have concluded earlier your contribution was not much, as you have just admitted, which means I did not form any strong opinion on you.

Multiuniverse

Postby Metrion » Mon Jun 10, 2019 4:30 pm

Firstly, the group on mission one will be rewarded 750 credits. 250 deducted for their lack of optimal speed.

The second group has already been punished with their deaths. I would expect that after the destruction of such an important building you will be more vigilante and resourceful in the future.

As for the third group, I believe a mind scrub is in order. As they say: "Problems on the brain? Just mind scrub and don't mind the searing, existential pain!" Please report to the deep chamber before your next mission. You have all been rewarded 1500 credits as per your mission and the retrieval / cataloguing of equipment and schematics. Excellent work troubleshooters.
Metrion

Postby Metrion » Mon Jun 10, 2019 4:30 pm

Veronica hands everyone a pill.
Metrion

PreviousNext

Return to VLDR