Zero Escape: VLDR - The Golden Rule [Game Over]

Virtue's Last Dangan Ronpa

Zero Escape: VLDR - The Golden Rule [Game Over]

Postby LordofFail » Fri Dec 28, 2018 11:50 am

"Do Unto Others as You Would Have Them do Unto You"

Zero Escape: VLDR XXXI -The Golden Rule

Some basic stuff from me before we get started:

• I know I've said this a few times, but the puzzles in this game are difficult. You have been warned.
  • Players are assumed to have a basic knowledge of simple puzzle concepts such as anagrams and cryptograms. Any external knowledge requirements will be hinted to somewhere in the puzzle room. Hints are available and can be provided upon request, and may be given without being requested if I feel that a group is lagging behind. I don’t want a puzzle lasting 3 weeks this time.
  • All players are to submit a character description. For story purposes, all characters must be 25 years of age or older. Character descriptions are to be submitted after you receive your role cards. Any physical attributes you give yourself will be purely for flavour purposes and will have no impact in the game.
  • This game has a strong story component.
  • This game has been in the works for nearly 3 years (the original game document was created over 1,000 days ago). This game has lots of mechanics, ideas and other things in it. Expect this game to be very different from previous VLDR games.

Game Rules:

1) The most important: respect your host and the other players. Please remember that this is just a game.

2) Role-playing is strongly encouraged but will not be enforced. Anything out of character or fourth wall breaking should go inside of brackets.

3) All players will receive two role cards: A role and a profession. You may not discuss anything related to role cards in ways that break the fourth wall. You may, however, discuss your profession card and speculate about the professions of others freely as professions are part of your character (role cards are not part of your character).

4) Only post during designated phases. Your moderator will tell you when you can and cannot post. Dead players may not post.

5) Everything is facilitated by your moderator. PM chains, actions, etc. You give the input, but the host gives the output.

6) Do not talk about the game outside of game means. This applies for dead players as well. Ask your moderator before talking to another about the game.

7) Do not join this game if you will not be active. This game normally takes anywhere from a couple of weeks to a couple of months. The more active the players are, the less time it will take to complete. The planned length of this game is 6-10 weeks, but it may go longer (or be shorter).

8) Inactive players may be prodded or replaced at the game host's discretion. Players are expected to post (or send a PM) at least once every 48 hours. If a player knows they will be inactive for 48 hours or more, they may notify the game host. If it is desired by the player, the game host may act on the player's behalf while they are inactive.

9) The phases of this game are as follows: Discussion → Puzzle → Roaming → Ambidex. Once a group has completed their puzzle they may immediately begin sending in roaming actions, except for in the first roaming/puzzle phase. All players will have at least 24 hours of Roaming time.

0) This game has hidden mechanics. Lots of them. Do not speculate about or discuss them during the game.

Game Mechanics:

1) In addition to the nine players playing the game, I shall play the role of a tenth character, named Zero. Zero will post with red text and I will be posting in the same green text you see now. Zero has a role card, a profession card, abilities and a win condition. Zero will always act with the goal of achieving their win condition.
Zero may lie to the players. I, as the game host, will never lie to the players.

2) All players can store up to 3 items in their inventory and two items in their hands. All items will be found if a player is searched, unless explicitly stated otherwise in a player’s role or profession card.

3) Some weapons may require two hands to use. You will be informed of the usage requirements of weapons when you pick them up.

4) Attacks (and all other actions) are resolved by rolling a D20. A bonus to attacking makes it more likely that you hit your target. A bonus to defending makes it less likely that you get hit when you are attacked. A roll of 20 will always result in a kill (or action success), and a roll of 1 will always result in a miss (or action failure), regardless of any bonuses or penalties that apply.

5) If you are injured, you may suffer penalties to attack or defence. You will be told if you suffer a penalty. Some injuries can be bandaged to lower their severity.

6) Players must go through the 10 Door to escape.

7) Players may attempt any action they like. RNG shall be used to gauge success or failure of their attempted action. Players are encouraged to perform creative actions and think outside the box.

8) At the start of each Roaming Phase, you may PM the game host with one person who you plan on murdering during the next Roaming Phase. Should you kill them, you will get all of their bracelet points. If you initiate an attack on someone other than your premeditated target and kill them, you will get half of their bracelet points, rounded down (minimum of one point). If you are attacked by someone and kill them in retaliation, you will get one bracelet point. If you deal a fatal injury to someone and they die from it, you receive no bonus. If you show your true number of bracelet points to another player, or attempt to see the true value of another player’s points by force, you will be killed by Zero.

9) If a dead body is discovered during Roaming, the location of the body will be announced and the Investigation Phase shall begin and will last for the duration of the remaining time in the Roaming Phase. Following this phase, all players must vote on who they think the killer is. Should there be multiple bodies discovered, there shall be a vote for each murderer. For each vote, Zero will declare the vote to be correct or incorrect. Zero will not state who the player voted as the murderer was. All votes for the killer are decided by majority vote. In the event that no majority is reached on who the players think the killer is, the vote will be declared incorrect. Any points gained from killing someone will be removed if the murderer is successfully identified during this vote. For each killer successfully identified, there shall be a second vote to pardon or execute the murderer. Immediately following the vote on who the killer is shall be the vote to pardon or execute (if applicable), and immediately following that shall be the Ambidex Game. There will be no public discussion between votes. The Investigation Phase is considered to be part of the Roaming Phase and all votes are part of the Ambidex Phase.

0) Players must activate the Generator in the Generator Room to provide power to the 10 Door before the 10 Door can be opened.

More game mechanics may be added and explained over the course of the game by Zero. New mechanics introduced by Zero shall be added to this list when explained.

Signup Procedure:

Send LordofFail a PM.
Subject should be VLDR.
Message should contain /join.
First 9 players to send a message after December 29, 1:00 PM EST get in.

Players:
0) LordofFail
1) ChubbyMooshroom9
2) Arckas
3) spretznaz
4) XerxesLeFan
5) Multiuniverse
6) TheNiceOne16
7) Renetear
8) PokemonKidRyan
9) TheGreatFurudoErika

Backups:
Chemist1422
SuperWeegee
Last edited by LordofFail on Wed Jan 09, 2019 8:48 pm, edited 26 times in total.
"The Hardest Game to Win is a Won Game"

~~ Emanuel Lasker ~~

Mystery Link
LordofFail
[Forum Mafia I] Winner
[Forum Mafia I] Winner

Re: Zero Escape: VLDR - The Golden Rule [Preamble]

Postby LordofFail » Fri Dec 28, 2018 11:51 am

ChubbyMooshroom9
Bracelet Points: 14

Bracelet Number: 1
Character Description:
Name: Kai
Height: 5'6
Weight: it's rude to ask a woman their weight asshole
Image:
Spoiler: Image

Arckas
Bracelet Points: 8

Bracelet Number: 2
Character Description:
Li Wei seems to be a very rigid man. He wears a white mask that covers his entire face minus the eye and a balaclava. His clothing has a dark urban camo color to it. Apart from his eyes, he shows no skin whatsoever on his body as he wears gloves and long sleeves. His urban camo shirt is tucked into his work pants and those are tucked into his work boots.

spretznaz
Bracelet Points: 10

Bracelet Number: 3
Character Description:
Name: Jigger Johnson Jr.
Description: A very large man with an unwaverable aura of stoicism. He wears blue jeans and suspenders over a red and black plaid shirt, and work boots. He has brown hair, brown eyes and a rather impressive beard.

XerxesLeFan
Bracelet Points: 7

Bracelet Number: 4
Character Description:
Name: Kiryu Kazuma
Description: A man in his early 30's, Kiryu seems to be pretty well toned. He wears a steel grey tee with a heavy, blue jacket around his shoulders, along with some jeans and a brown belt. His hair is black and slicked back and he has a slight goatee. Kiryu's face just naturally seems to rest in a heavily frowning expression.

Multiuniverse
Bracelet Points: 0

Bracelet Number: 5
Character Description:
Name: Henry Amaros
Description: Henry is a medium-sized bald man with blue eyes, which convey hopelessness and grief where one would usually expect joy from such beautiful eyes. He wears a plain dark green tank top with matching dark green sports shorts, a pair of blue jogging shoes and a black cap with the words "DON'T LET YOUR DREAMS BE DREAM" in bold red. On his hard face is his hard lips which looks like it lacks the capability to smile.

TheNiceOne16
Bracelet Points: 0

Bracelet Number: 6
Character Description:
Name: The Nice One
Description: A fairly tall early 30's man. He seems to be in shape, but still has enough fat to remain soft enough. He has a bit of stubble across his chin. His hair is blonde and his eyes are blue. He seems to always have a small smile on his face and curiosity in his eyes. His outfit consists of a lightly ruffled unbuttoned light grayish blue button up with a smiley face button attached to the right upper side. He has a dark red under shirt with simple blue jeans. He has simple black shoes.

Renetear
Bracelet Points: 10

Bracelet Number: 7
Character Description:
Name: Sadayo Kawakami
Description: A woman who looks to be around her mid to late 20s and no taller than 5'4, she has extremely messy short dark brown hair and a very tired looking face. She wears a yellow, white, and red striped shirt, a knee length denim skirt, plain white short heels, and a tan colored jacket.

PokemonKidRyan
Bracelet Points: 7

Bracelet Number: 8
Character Description:
Name: Walros Loyalar
Description: Brown hair, green eyes and a fairly tall man for someone in their early twenties. He wears a long overcoat which acts like a cape too, covering the back of his legs which are in fairly formal looking trousers.. So many pockets despite him not really carrying anything around and a silk hat due to the fashion statement it provides.

TheGreatFurudoErika
Bracelet Points: 8

Bracelet Number: 9
Character Description:
Name: Erika Furudo
Height: Small
Weight: Light
Appearance Description: Erika has dark blue eyes and hair. Though she's almost 25, her body is seriously under-developed. She always wears a pink dress which can be seen in the pic above.
Personality: She's a self proclaimed intellectual-rapist. She's also quite polite in public and shows a deep interest in mysteries. In reality, she's quite ruthless and cunning and only solves mysteries so she can sneer at those who pose them. She does, however, possess a serious inferiority complex, since she emotionally breaks down whenever things aren't in her favor.
Image:
Spoiler: Image
Last edited by LordofFail on Wed Jan 09, 2019 4:43 pm, edited 19 times in total.

~~ Emanuel Lasker ~~

Mystery Link
LordofFail
[Forum Mafia I] Winner
[Forum Mafia I] Winner

Re: Zero Escape: VLDR - The Golden Rule [Preamble]

Postby LordofFail » Fri Dec 28, 2018 11:51 am

MAPS:

FLOOR 1:

FLOOR 2:

FLOOR 3:

FLOOR 4:
Last edited by LordofFail on Wed Jan 09, 2019 3:33 pm, edited 5 times in total.

~~ Emanuel Lasker ~~

Mystery Link
LordofFail
[Forum Mafia I] Winner
[Forum Mafia I] Winner

Re: Zero Escape: VLDR - The Golden Rule [Prologue]

Postby LordofFail » Mon Dec 31, 2018 9:23 am

all spots are filled, role cards will go out shortly. Reply with a character description. Be sure to include your character name.

if anyone has any questions about their role or profession, or any questions about the game in general, send me a PM (or a DM on discord)

while this is not a game rule as it cannot be enforced, please do not use anagram or cryptogram online solvers to solve anagrams and cryptograms in this game. It just takes the fun out of it. Solve them by hand, I can provide hints if needed.

~~ Emanuel Lasker ~~

Mystery Link
LordofFail
[Forum Mafia I] Winner
[Forum Mafia I] Winner

Postby LordofFail » Mon Dec 31, 2018 9:56 am

role cards have been sent. please reply with a character description and a name.

if you need a link to the vldr discord, click here: viewtopic.php?f=59&t=37986&sk=a&start=500#p2972428

You may now post.

~~ Emanuel Lasker ~~

Mystery Link
LordofFail
[Forum Mafia I] Winner
[Forum Mafia I] Winner

Postby LordofFail » Mon Dec 31, 2018 11:37 am

Forgot to mention this with your opening flavour texts, but you each leave the small room you woke up in and find yourself in a slightly larger room with eight other people, each of whom have a bracelet similar to your own.

This room has 10 doors in it, 9 of which lead to the small rooms you each woke up in, and the 10th leads to another room.

(the game will start once all players have sent in a character description and posted in the thread)

~~ Emanuel Lasker ~~

Mystery Link
LordofFail
[Forum Mafia I] Winner
[Forum Mafia I] Winner

Postby ChubbyMooshroom9 » Mon Dec 31, 2018 2:34 pm

/check out 10th door

Hall of Fame
Spoiler:
Shino Thomson
Federico Decandia
Clayton (Briah)
Gebura Briah
ChubbyMooshroom9
FM Awards: Town

Postby Arckas » Mon Dec 31, 2018 2:37 pm

你好. 请原谅,你是谁?
(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)
Arckas
Vampire
Vampire

Postby ChubbyMooshroom9 » Mon Dec 31, 2018 2:40 pm

Arckas wrote:你好. 请原谅,你是谁?

you turned trhe chinese on again gj

Hall of Fame
Spoiler:
Shino Thomson
Federico Decandia
Clayton (Briah)
Gebura Briah
ChubbyMooshroom9

Postby Arckas » Mon Dec 31, 2018 2:41 pm

(Oh we are not starting?)
Arckas
Vampire
Vampire

Postby LordofFail » Mon Dec 31, 2018 2:45 pm

Kai inspects the 10th door. The door seems to be unlocked and leads into a short hallway. On the other side of the hallway is another door, also unlocked.

~~ Emanuel Lasker ~~

Mystery Link
LordofFail
[Forum Mafia I] Winner
[Forum Mafia I] Winner

Postby LordofFail » Mon Dec 31, 2018 2:48 pm

Li puts his hand to his throat.

*ahem*

Li clears his throat.

~~ Emanuel Lasker ~~

Mystery Link
LordofFail
[Forum Mafia I] Winner
[Forum Mafia I] Winner

Postby Arckas » Mon Dec 31, 2018 2:50 pm

Is this satisfactory to you?
Arckas
Vampire
Vampire

Postby Arckas » Mon Dec 31, 2018 2:51 pm

Where was my manners. One must always introduce oneself before others.

Li Wei Shen in your accompaniment.
Arckas
Vampire
Vampire

Postby ChubbyMooshroom9 » Mon Dec 31, 2018 2:53 pm

/keep going through the doors

Hall of Fame
Spoiler:
Shino Thomson
Federico Decandia
Clayton (Briah)
Gebura Briah
ChubbyMooshroom9

Postby LordofFail » Mon Dec 31, 2018 2:58 pm

Beyond the second door is a room significantly larger than the previous room.

At the far end of the room are three large monitors. All of them are off.
To the left of the monitors is a door.

On the right hand wall are three large, imposing doors. Each of the doors has a large red number printed on them. From left to right, the numbers read 1, 3, 5.

On the left wall is another large door with a number on it. This door is even larger than the other ones, and somehow seems even more intimidating.
The door has a large red '10' printed on it.

Above this door are some letters in red. They read, in capital letters: "FEW SLY THONK".
Last edited by LordofFail on Mon Dec 31, 2018 3:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

~~ Emanuel Lasker ~~

Mystery Link
LordofFail
[Forum Mafia I] Winner
[Forum Mafia I] Winner

Postby Arckas » Mon Dec 31, 2018 2:59 pm

Is that your family name or your given name? I'm confused.

I would not want to be personnel.
Arckas
Vampire
Vampire

Postby ChubbyMooshroom9 » Mon Dec 31, 2018 3:00 pm

(god fucking dammit an anagram)

/inspect monitors

Hall of Fame
Spoiler:
Shino Thomson
Federico Decandia
Clayton (Briah)
Gebura Briah
ChubbyMooshroom9

Postby LordofFail » Mon Dec 31, 2018 3:01 pm

ChubbyMooshroom9 wrote:(god fucking dammit an anagram)

(damn skippy, son)

The monitors are off. There are no visible wires connecting to them.

~~ Emanuel Lasker ~~

Mystery Link
LordofFail
[Forum Mafia I] Winner
[Forum Mafia I] Winner

Postby ChubbyMooshroom9 » Mon Dec 31, 2018 3:07 pm

/say know thyself

Hall of Fame
Spoiler:
Shino Thomson
Federico Decandia
Clayton (Briah)
Gebura Briah
ChubbyMooshroom9

Postby LordofFail » Mon Dec 31, 2018 3:08 pm

Nothing happens.

~~ Emanuel Lasker ~~

Mystery Link
LordofFail
[Forum Mafia I] Winner
[Forum Mafia I] Winner

Postby ChubbyMooshroom9 » Mon Dec 31, 2018 3:10 pm

(oh boy time to overthink again)

/knock it on the 10 door in morse code

Hall of Fame
Spoiler:
Shino Thomson
Federico Decandia
Clayton (Briah)
Gebura Briah
ChubbyMooshroom9

Postby LordofFail » Mon Dec 31, 2018 3:11 pm

Nothing happens. You do notice that there are three keyholes in the door though.

(we're waiting for everyone to send a character description and post chubby, but feel free to continue to overthonk)

~~ Emanuel Lasker ~~

Mystery Link
LordofFail
[Forum Mafia I] Winner
[Forum Mafia I] Winner

Postby ChubbyMooshroom9 » Mon Dec 31, 2018 3:13 pm

LordofFail wrote:Nothing happens. You do notice that there are three keyholes in the door though.

(we're waiting for everyone to send a character description and post chubby, but feel free to continue to overthonk)

(baited again)

Hall of Fame
Spoiler:
Shino Thomson
Federico Decandia
Clayton (Briah)
Gebura Briah
ChubbyMooshroom9

Postby TheGreatFurudoErika » Mon Dec 31, 2018 5:50 pm

What have I gotten myself into this time around...?

...Juding from your reactions, I assume you are in my same situation and do not know where we are. That means everyone found a card like me, yes?
I highly doubt a card would help us, but I would certainly like to know if they have anything to do with this. You don't find a card like this everyday.
Perhaps all of this is the work of a kidnapper who likes playing with Tarot cards?

Spoiler: test

test
Last edited by TheGreatFurudoErika on Wed Sep 08, 2021 7:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
TheGreatFurudoErika

Next

Return to VLDR