Role Ideas

Virtue's Last Dangan Ronpa

Re: Role Ideas

Postby Schultz128 » Wed Mar 15, 2017 1:05 pm

Duelist
Honor Thy Enemy

Alignment: Wildcard

Abilities:
  • Once per game, you may force another player to partake in a showdown duel. The duel takes place between Roaming and the AB game. The loser of the duel will die and half of their BP goes to the winner. If a draw occurs, the duel will end and you will regain your duel charge.
  • After the first AB Game you will turn as one of three variants: The Good, The Bad, or The Ugly. The Good Duelist wins against Evil and Killing roles, loses to Wildcards, and draws to Neutral and Good roles. The Bad Duelist wins against Good and Neutral roles, loses against Wildcard roles, and draws against Evil and Killing roles. The Ugly wins only against Neutral and Wildcard roles and draws against everyone else.
Win condition:
  • Successfully beat someone in a duel and escape.

Alternate:

Duelist
Honor Thy Enemy

Alignment: Wildcard

Abilities:
  • You will become stronger in a 1 on 1 fight. Your honor system prevents you from sneak attacking or attacking from behind.
  • After the first AB Game you will turn as one of three variants: The Good, The Bad, or The Ugly.
  • You start with a stiletto knife.
Win condition:
  • Good: Escape without allowing any evil or killing roles to escape [including conspirators].
  • Bad: Kill four players.
  • Ugly: Escape.
Schultz128
FM Awards: Creator

Postby Arckas » Tue Mar 21, 2017 11:42 am

Succubus

Abilities:
  • Enchant one person at the during the discussion for every AB game.
  • The person you choose will not be able to kill, harm, or defend against you for until the next discussion for the AB game. The person will be aware they are enchanted, but will not be able to talk about it.
  • You may not choose the same person consecutively.
Win condition:
  • Escape
(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)
Arckas
Vampire
Vampire

Postby Schultz128 » Fri Jun 23, 2017 12:03 pm

Remade Clairvoyant into an Evil role inspired by Delta.

Clairvoyant
Complex motives.

Abilities:
  • You will be informed when someone within proximity of you attempts to harm you in a private action, giving you a higher chance to dodge or counter.
  • You may only betray in the AB game.
  • Once, you may mind hack another player and force them to do one action with a 100% success rate (Player must be in the same room or opposite AB Booth.)

Win Condition
  • Escape with those who have only betrayed.
  • Alternatively, be the only one to escape.
Schultz128

Postby PuffOfCocoa » Thu Aug 17, 2017 7:15 pm

Shapeshifter
fluid form

Abilities:
  • Once each game (during roaming), you may transform into a panther (or any acceptable large animal really). While a panther, you have increased strength, speed, and reaction time. You must kill at least two people if you do this.
  • Once each game (during roaming), you may transform into a cat (or any acceptable small sneaky animal). While a cat, others will not notice you in the room unless you wish them to, but you still hear everything going on.
Win condition:
  • Escape, unless you have turned into a panther. Then you must kill at least two people and escape.

this is probably shit i'm not even sure it would work in the game
Interesting signature here.
PuffOfCocoa
Amnesiac
Amnesiac

Postby Aeolian » Thu Aug 17, 2017 7:45 pm

There are some roles that go against this, but I think for the most part we try to avoid roles that can be instantly confirmed. That said, there's nothing wrong with choosing an ability that is manifested in less apparent ways and therefore choosing your win condition, if that makes sense. I.E.: offensive augments = evil, investigative/defense augments = good. Or even choose no abilities and become neutral.

In fact, I think a role like that has been suggested, although the wincon is dependent on your actions in-game.

Ideas like that absolutely have potential, it is just a matter of presenting them correctly. Thanks for the suggestion.
Aeolian
[Forum Mafia IV] Winner
[Forum Mafia IV] Winner

Postby IAmAMunchlax » Fri Aug 18, 2017 10:40 am

I also think sneaking or stealth is frowned upon by mods since it's a hassle to do the pms and such.
IAmAMunchlax
Halloween 2015 Winner
Halloween 2015 Winner

Location: ⁨ ⁨ ⁨ ⁨ ⁨ ⁨ ⁨ ⁨ ⁨ ⁨ ⁨ ⁨ ⁨ ⁨ ⁨ ⁨ ⁨ ⁨ ⁨⁨ ⁨ ⁨ ⁨ ⁨ ⁨ ⁨ ⁨ ⁨ ⁨ ⁨ ⁨ ⁨ ⁨ ⁨ ⁨ ⁨ ⁨ ⁨ ⁨ ⁨ ⁨ ⁨ ⁨ ⁨ ⁨ ⁨ ⁨ ⁨ ⁨

Postby VucubCaquix » Fri Aug 18, 2017 11:56 am

I like the concept that you'd get a more difficult win condition in exchange for making yourself harder to kill. Could present some interesting scenarios if worked around a bit.
Coming 2020 - Who is The Mole?
VucubCaquix
[Forum Mafia X] Winner
[Forum Mafia X] Winner

Postby PuffOfCocoa » Fri Aug 18, 2017 5:37 pm

Thank y'all for the constructive criticism, and I wasn't aware of the problem sneaking would pose, I'll fix that immediately. And now there will be no noticeable physical transformation.

Shapeshifter
fluid form

Abilities:
  • Once each game (during roaming), you may become Canine. This gives you increased strength and speed, and you will be less affected by pain. As the Canine, you gain intense bloodlust and must kill at least two people.
  • Once each game (during roaming), you may become Feline. This gives you increased speed and agility. You are able to dodge most physical attacks and can more easily aim on target with weaponry.
Win condition:
  • Escape, unless you have become the Canine. Then you must kill at least two people and escape.
Interesting signature here.
PuffOfCocoa
Amnesiac
Amnesiac

Postby SuperWeegee » Fri Aug 18, 2017 6:34 pm

Eh, I think the "kill at least two people if you shapeshift" win condition should be for the Feline as well.
SuperWeegee
Executioner
Executioner

Previous

Return to VLDR