Zero Escape: VLDR Hub

Virtue's Last Dangan Ronpa

Re: Zero Escape: VLDR Hub

Postby ChubbyMooshroom9 » Sat Nov 02, 2019 11:17 pm

ChubbyMooshroom9 wrote:
ChubbyMooshroom9 wrote:
JJBA: Jirtue's Jast Bangan Aonpa

This is a game meant to be taken semi-seriously based off the series, JoJo's Bizarre Adventure. You can take it seriously, or be a true JoBro and meme it to heaven and back, just like a certain priest. Either way, do whatever you want this game. I'm going to lay out how roles will work below.

Roles will have two portions, your USER section and your STAND section. Your user section will contain your stats(the normal STR/DEX/CON/PER/WIL/ACC) and an attribute that is passive. You can be a good mechanic, or just a whole horse if you want to be. This has to be strictly realistic(I'll give some leeway, so if you have a borderline thing ask me), or it will be flat out denied. This means no stupid abilities like resurrection after death, or turning your body to stone. That's what STANDS are for.

Stands are obviously the other part of your rolecard. These will use the stats detailed in their respective series, but can be emulated if we don't include learning potential and substitute willpower for range, the distance your stand can go. If you're not familiar with how these stats work, here two pretty good sources on it, and should allow you to get a grasp on it. Their abilities will not be graded with numbers, but rather, A-E as the second source describes. Secondly, the reason I'm posting this very early ahead of time is because the Stands will be based off of who joins the game, ie made to you or a fictional character. Alternatively, if you have a favorite western song(like rock or whatever, basically nothing eastern) I'll also accept that.

This game will be a more modern VLDR, with optional puzzles. There is no ETA on date given the part about roles above, but it will be held at latest Mid-October definitely, maybe extending that to early November depending how hard college wants to dick me.

THat's all I have to say. Peace and if you want to join, let me know sooner than later so I can put some thoughts into stands. Peace.

In case it wasn't obvious already, don't expect this game to be starting at the approximate ETA. Consider it in limbo currently.

well look at that

Since we have a quick, two week break in between games and some people have nothing to do or might just want a quick, not really serious game, I'll be putting sign ups up on Tuesday at approximately 2:00 PM EST. If you're not already pre-inned(ie you messaged me already and have a STAND made for you) hmu with any jojoke to get into the game.

Speaking of STANDS, I will me making preset ones since I've been busy and nobody else has sent me one. If you're really persistent on something you want to do, let me know and I'll try to accommodate. If not, SOL.

Game size will be 8 players, depending on interest I get. If you're already in, or want to know if you are, shoot me a PM to ask. IIRC there are 3 slots open if I do 8 players, so that's that.

To those of you pre-inned: i might change your stands more substantially that I said I would, but, as I said, the CORE PREMISE will remain the same. If your stand could make colored ice before, and I change them to say they can make ice only now, that's the type of change I'm talking. Not simple nerfs or buffs, but maybe some shifting around.

Last edited by ChubbyMooshroom9 on Sat Nov 09, 2019 8:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Hall of Fame
Spoiler:
Shino Thomson
Federico Decandia
Clayton (Briah)
Gebura Briah
ChubbyMooshroom9
FM Awards: Town

Postby Nellyfox » Thu Nov 07, 2019 8:49 pm

Nellyfox
[Forum Mafia V] Winner
[Forum Mafia V] Winner

Postby Nellyfox » Sun Dec 01, 2019 11:08 am

Recently I have become fascinated with the physical and mental capabilities of the human body.

To make up for our lack of "abnormality", we create media that features people with powers beyond our wildest dreams: super strength, the ability of flight, mind reading and control. We dream of worlds where magic is the norm, though those that align themselves with the title of "magician" know that all human magic is merely trick-of-the-eye illusions. The most "abnormal" capabilities of humans documented are extraordinary subjects that have photographic memories.

Could we, perhaps, alter our genetic makeup in order to induce superhuman capabilities? It is a question that deserves research into. Perhaps, for example, if the waves and values of the Spectrum become visible to the naked eye, many lives may be saved. Those beyond the point of return may be brought to justice more quickly, or a life of crime may not be sought at all.

Zero Escape: VLDR
Altered Origins

Notes for the game:
Spoiler: . Official signups for this game will be on December 15th at 7PM EST.
. This is a roleplay heavy game. As such, if you do not enjoy the roleplaying aspect of VLDR, please do not join.
. On top of that, if I believe you are not active enough for this game, or do not believe your playstyle will fit this game, I reserve the right to decline you a player slot. I have been working on this game since February, and I want it to be the best it can possibly be.
. The OP of this game will be posted in advance, a few days from this post. Posting on it will result in a blacklist from the game.

Notes for pre-ins:
Spoiler: . If you believe you are active enough and fit for this game, you may request to claim a slot early. If I decline your request, you are free to still sign up during the official sign up time, provided the game is not full.
. Adding on, even if the game is full before the official sign ups, the game will not start until that time.
. Pre-ins will receive their rolecard early, and are encouraged to create their character in advance so the game may start as soon as possible.
. Also, most roles are handpicked. They are picked with a mix of me believing you can play the role well and I feel the specific role fits you.

Notes for game characters:
Spoiler: . Please submit a first and last name, and an age. All character ages must be between 25-45. No exceptions.
. The setting of this game is not in our universe. Because of this, I will be extremely picky with your character. As a reference, here are characters that would be rejected:
.. All characters from Supernova-12 and Beginnings in Disguise would not be allowed, as they are from the alien planets Astra and Lin.
.. Dimitrov from Source Code and Lenny from U.P.O. would not be allowed, as they reflect specific nationalities from our earth.
.. Loli characters would not be allowed, based on principle. This includes Recette and Namine from Source Code and Hayami from O.P.U.
.. Wesley from Source Code and Lita from U.P.O. would not be allowed, as they are too old.
.. Luck from Source Code would not be allowed, as he is directly ripped from existing source material.
.. Franca from Ten-Fortyfive Westward and Clayton and Henrik from Novel StoryTelling would be allowed, as they do not pull from their source material completely. However, I would prefer avoiding using visuals and lore from very popular media if you can help it.
. Please avoid making references to our universe's traits. Most objects are shared, however brands are not, for example. On that note, please do not reference past VLDR games, even as a joke.
. Please talk to me if you have any questions. I can't answer everything, but we can talk.
Nellyfox
[Forum Mafia V] Winner
[Forum Mafia V] Winner

Postby ChubbyMooshroom9 » Tue Dec 03, 2019 1:26 am

Nellyfox wrote:
Recently I have become fascinated with the physical and mental capabilities of the human body.

To make up for our lack of "abnormality", we create media that features people with powers beyond our wildest dreams: super strength, the ability of flight, mind reading and control. We dream of worlds where magic is the norm, though those that align themselves with the title of "magician" know that all human magic is merely trick-of-the-eye illusions. The most "abnormal" capabilities of humans documented are extraordinary subjects that have photographic memories.

Could we, perhaps, alter our genetic makeup in order to induce superhuman capabilities? It is a question that deserves research into. Perhaps, for example, if the waves and values of the Spectrum become visible to the naked eye, many lives may be saved. Those beyond the point of return may be brought to justice more quickly, or a life of crime may not be sought at all.

bro it's blucius

Hall of Fame
Spoiler:
Shino Thomson
Federico Decandia
Clayton (Briah)
Gebura Briah
ChubbyMooshroom9

Postby Nellyfox » Sat Dec 14, 2019 10:25 am

Open signups for Altered Origins occur tomorrow at 7PM EST! Send me a join PM with VLDR AO Signup somewhere in the subject line, not going to be particularly picky this time.
Nellyfox
[Forum Mafia V] Winner
[Forum Mafia V] Winner

Postby Arcthurus » Sat Jan 04, 2020 4:08 pm

In a text conversation, two people wrote:----------------------------------------------
How are you doing? Is everything okay?
yes
we are almost there
these two wouldnt stop bickering so we had to make a stop
I know it's a bit too late, but are you sure? It could not be anything serious. We don't know if anything happened.
are you saying nothing happened and that its totally normal for nine of our friends to just disappear in the same week
Well...
its not. it cant be a coincidence
What if you don't find him? What then?
hes gonna be there
he has to be
Still...
Promise you'll get back to me tonight, no matter what okay?
i promise :)
oshoot
?
What?
idk a cop is pulling us over
brb
----------------------------------------------

Code: Select all
The extraction has been successful as of November 3rd, 3:37 PM. The interstate was made secure of witnesses, as instructed. No casualties incurred, as instructed. Arrival at the main facility should take place shortly. ETA: 1 hour.

As of extraction, all three subjects are healthy of body, mind and soul. There are no documented issues in their files. Suspended sleep until the next incursion is a go.

-Lydia Holystone

The M.C. has gathered in discussion, and your submitted request has been considered. We have made the unanimous decision to approve of your request. For this, we have considered the setting of the incursion, and your own past that closely intertwines with the events of those months. We have deemed it fitting that you take the leading role behind the "Beta" project, with His blessing.

You will be given a proper briefing in time. The project name, adjustements, care for the subjects' state and wellbeing, and all related responsibilities will be assigned completely to your control. You will have full authority to act as you see fit, having His Wish as utmost priority. Seek guidance with your predecessor, Ms. Holystone, should you have any questions.

As a parting note: Due to the toll and importance of these duties, we do not expect you to manage the subsequent "Gamma" project. A successor will be appointed for such. So He wishes, so He wills it.

Best regards,
S.

Shut Up and Dance

• Time and Date: January 5th, at 7:00 PM (Approximately 24 hours from now)
  • Project Start: TBD, sometime between the 6th or the 11th
  • Engaging: Title 'VLDR Shut Up and Dance' with any message content
  • Subjects: 12 as of November 3rd

===
ooc: further information will be made available when the time comes, embracing reading is advised, a couple of new mechanics will be used, check discord for updates, yadda yadda

Spoiler: Image

Art Count: 3
Spoiler: Cyrus & Horane

---
Aeolus & Phoenix

---
Xero & (Priest)
Arcthurus
Mafioso
Mafioso

Postby LordofFail » Thu Jan 23, 2020 9:07 pm

How am I

. . .

to decide?

Why am I chosen

. . .

to be Judge, Jury and Executioner?

Who am I to play God

. . .

and decide who lives and who dies?

United we Stand.

Divided we Fall.

The End of The Line shall be the end of it all.
"The Hardest Game to Win is a Won Game"

~~ Emanuel Lasker ~~

Mystery Link
LordofFail
[Forum Mafia I] Winner
[Forum Mafia I] Winner

Postby LordofFail » Sun Jan 26, 2020 3:06 pm

ATTENTION CITIZEN

Due to the meltdown of the power plant, a mandatory evacuation notice is in place for the city.

Please present yourself to your nearest evacuation point no later than January 26th at 6:00 PM EST.

When you arrive, you must announce your presence by posting !join to LOFBOT in the Game Discord Server.

IGNORING THIS MESSAGE IS AN ACT OF TREASON AND IS PUNISHABLE BY PUBLIC EXECUTION
You are not to evacuate. Meet me in the forbidden tunnels once everyone else has left to put an end to it all.
-- Zero

Some game details / information:

1. The game will not start right after signups. After the game is full, you will get your role card. The game will only start once everyone has sent in a character. I expect the game to start 2-3 days after signups, but feel free to take longer if you need the time. I want the characters to be good and thought out, not rushed.
2. I am providing you with backstories. Some roles have a lot, some roles have very little. Please respect the given backstories when making your characters. If you want to change something in it, talk with me first. Most of what is in the backstory is essential to the lore, but that doesn't mean everything is set in stone. All characters must be 18+ (some may have age requirements specified in the role card but if none are present, 18+).
3. And now for something completely different: There is no ambidex game, no BP and no bracelets.
4. Puzzles are all optional. I've tried to make them less hidden this time.

~~ Emanuel Lasker ~~

Mystery Link
LordofFail
[Forum Mafia I] Winner
[Forum Mafia I] Winner

Postby ChubbyMooshroom9 » Tue Jan 28, 2020 6:43 pm

arckas should burn at the stake

Hall of Fame
Spoiler:
Shino Thomson
Federico Decandia
Clayton (Briah)
Gebura Briah
ChubbyMooshroom9

Postby milte345 » Tue Feb 25, 2020 1:32 pm

September 7th, 1977

You woke up to a knock at your door. That's peculiar, usually you don't get visitors, but perhaps you were finally being evicted. It had been a long time since you'd been able to pay rent on time, and after months of being late, maybe they got tired of it?

You walked to your door and opened it. No one was there, but there was a flyer sitting right on the ground.

Attention All Debtors,

Thank you, Sir or Madam, for giving this flyer a moment of your time, we have an offer that would be in your best interests. You have probably suffered some form of debt in your life, as most citizens of this great Earth do, but we, the International Debtor Assistance Bureau, want to give you a second chance. We have devised a way to relieve you of all your debt, and it's all free of charge.

Attached to the back of this flyer are plane tickets to Mutanimi, an Island off the coast of Styren, and very close to Engana. We are holding a seminar there that will explain everything.

As a show of faith, there is additionally 100 dollars attached to the back of this flyer. Ideally this would be used to assist you being able to come and relieve your debt. Of course, you can just take the money and run, but please, we urge you to attend, it will help you greatly.

Sincerely,
                                                                             Lena-chan

Le-na-chan? It must have been a weird foreigner naming scheme, it seemed odd to you, and just very out of place compared to the rest of this flyer. Surely, this meant that it had to be a joke, but as you turned the paper around, there they were. A plane ticket in your name and 100 dollars. At least rent was going to be on time now, but was this debt relief program... real? Maybe you should give it a chance, after all, it'd be nice to finally be... free...

Spoiler:
Zero Escape: A Cursed Realm

Coming very, very soon.

Wednesday, 24 hours from the time of this post.
Maybe it'd be nice to stop thinking...

Spoiler: There would be an FM record here but I'm lazy
So instead have a Chen

milte345
FM Hunt Winner
FM Hunt Winner

Postby Hawkwing425 » Tue Feb 25, 2020 1:39 pm

I CAME AS SOON AS I HEARD
Hawkwing425
Bodyguard
Bodyguard

Location: Hawkwing425, the SHSL Forumronpa Player, has been found guilty. Time for the punishment!

Postby PolyesterHomes » Tue Feb 25, 2020 1:48 pm

YESYESYESYES
"Whisper in the dark. The battle may yet be won."
PolyesterHomes
Veteran
Veteran

Postby ChubbyMooshroom9 » Tue Feb 25, 2020 11:33 pm

milte is making a loli a host now, huh

Hall of Fame
Spoiler:
Shino Thomson
Federico Decandia
Clayton (Briah)
Gebura Briah
ChubbyMooshroom9

Postby milte345 » Wed Feb 26, 2020 12:08 am

ChubbyMooshroom9 wrote:milte is making a loli a host now, huh

c'mon man you don't gotta say it like that
Maybe it'd be nice to stop thinking...

Spoiler: There would be an FM record here but I'm lazy
So instead have a Chen

milte345
FM Hunt Winner
FM Hunt Winner

Postby ChubbyMooshroom9 » Wed Mar 25, 2020 10:00 am

Dear Diary,

Fuck all of this, my dad’s such a bitch. He wouldn’t let me go to Brenna’s house because of the fact she was caught with drugs a few weeks ago. Like ugh, what a fucking bitch. We got into a huge fight over it. I said it was my life, and he can’t control but, but “hE KnOwS wHaT’s BeSt fOr Me”. Suck a dick, old man. Anyways, I burst out of the house in anger. I don’t know if my old man came looking for me after I did or what, but the one thing I do know is that I’m currently writing this from under a bridge somewhere. It’s kinda cold, but I’ll be fine. Better than being home, anyways. I hate him. I hate him so so so so much. I would honestly be fine living under this bridge for the rest of my life, he’s so fucking unreasonable. Like, fuck off. I’m growing up, leave me alone. You don’t need to tell me what’s best for me. I KNOW what’s best for me. Just be like your father and fuck off, stay out of my life. Seriously, I don’t know what is going on in his head.

Speaking of people though, I did meet someone today. I was moping around on some bridge looking over it, maybe thinking I fucked up. As I’m mulling it over, this guy in his late thirties with messy blond hair and a purple hoodie and leans over on the bridge, looking over it with me. Without missing a beat, “tough day, huh?” are the first words that come out of his mouth. It felt so compassionate and warm. It was something I needed. I told him to leave me alone, but he saw right through me immediately. “ Haha, I saw your eyes were a bit red, figured you needed a pick me up. Anything you want to talk about, or nah?” There was no point, in holding out, so I just told him everything. My concerns, my thoughts, my fears. He was like the father I wish I had. He sighed, and told me everything seemed to be going wrong at the same time for me, I just sort of solemnly nodded along. He said that life is always like that, and it’s destiny. He started talking about a lot of stuff I frankly agreed with. I agreed that I felt like I had no control over my life, that I wouldn’t end up where I want because of outside forces. You know, the stuff that’s usually brushed aside as teenage angst but actually verbalized into good talking points. Anyways, he stayed and talked with me for a while, it was quite relaxing. Made me feel like I am wanted in this world, someone actually cares about me. Though, before he left, he told me his name and handed me a slip of paper:

zjfekveazsewbetfqqcwvwtywuasaltaolzbpakkbtd

Nonsense, if you ask me. But he told me. “The answer is the first thing you think of, but you’ll only think of it when looking back” before heading off. Zero clue what he means, but it’s not like I’ve got anything else better to do,so might as well give it a shot!

7 days remain.

Hall of Fame
Spoiler:
Shino Thomson
Federico Decandia
Clayton (Briah)
Gebura Briah
ChubbyMooshroom9

VLDR: End of Mystery

Postby ChubbyMooshroom9 » Fri Mar 27, 2020 10:06 am

Clouds paint the sky gray. Rain pours onto the soaked asphalt. Whether it is more blood or water is hard to tell. Blood swirls into the street drain gratuitously. Dull and bleak describes the atmosphere, contrary to what should be a pleasant evening. The sunset which should provide warmth paints the area an orange which seems closer to the color of blood. The pattering sound of rain dampens the labored breathing of two people. A gun is imprinting the forehead of the man on top, a knife is scarring the throat of the man underneath. Their eyes are locked.

“I’ll do it.” He leans into the knife. His voice is a combination of passion, hatred, and betrayal.

“Will you?” The gun digs in further, the man smiles vengefully and smugly. “We both know I won’t die that fast.”

Tension causes the rain to pour down even faster. Killing the other means killing oneself. That is the end of their story. Dying at the hands of someone they hate the most, yet neither wished for this. There is no reconciliation between the two, they are too different for how similar they are. A tragic, but satisfying ending.

“You don’t want to die here, with me, do you?”

But human wit should never be underestimated.

“Neither do I. It’s pitiful.”

The tension stops rising. Their eyes are still full of hate, but it’s piercing coldness is no more.

“I know what you want. You know what I want.”

“You know nothing.” It’s full of denial.

“While the end may differ, our goal is the same. You have skills to do that. As do I.”

A fire burns in his eyes. “You are a good comedian. Your voice was always your talent.”

The man smirks. “You don’t disagree.”

The man on top burns the man on bottom, but he moves his body up. The man on bottom throws his gun to the waywide. He squirms out, and uses his knee to stand up. Twinkling eyes scornfully reach a hand to the man still on the ground. He reaches out and grabs his hand. He recognizes it all, and when he’s been beat. But what happened here was a miracle. Something that affirmed his beliefs. This was not an agreement. It was not a truce. This ending was impossible. This was a renewal.

Last edited by ChubbyMooshroom9 on Fri Mar 27, 2020 10:12 am, edited 1 time in total.

Hall of Fame
Spoiler:
Shino Thomson
Federico Decandia
Clayton (Briah)
Gebura Briah
ChubbyMooshroom9

Postby AltsandHostsonly » Fri Mar 27, 2020 10:07 am

5 days remain.
A man with a muted palette and messy, yet organized, brown hair. He wears what seems to be dress shoes, and possesses a somber aura. His face is beginning to show the signs of aging, with lines around his cheeks. Despite this, he is well built.

He makes all the girls explode ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
AltsandHostsonly
Amnesiac
Amnesiac

Postby ChubbyMooshroom9 » Sun Mar 29, 2020 10:23 am

“Mornin sarge.”

I jolt up and look ahead to see the junior officer smiling at me, holding a cup of coffee.

“Oh, morning Mayers.” I grumble before placing my head back down. He laughs lightheartedly, “Long night , huh?” I look up at him with bags under my eyes, and he holds out the coffee. Dark roast, a tinge of milk and sugar. He catches on quick. I let out a sigh and take the mug from him, using my free hand to rub my face, particularly under my eyes. I sip the coffee, still hot.

“First this whole quarantine mess, and now people going missing? I swear, the worst fucking timing ever. People need to learn to stay inside.” Mayers clearly picks up on my frustration and exasperation, he clearly wants to brush it off with a laugh but knows it’s inappropriate. “Need any help?” He’s clearly concerned, and internally I chuckle. Sweet kid, he’s a perfect fit for this job. I shake my head and wave my hand “I’ll be fine, I don’t need any help. Just that time of the year.”

“Well, I’m a rookie, and I was thinking this would help me learn the ropes and what do better in times like these. Sure, once in a lifetime situation, but you never know when you’ll need them” he pushes me, and it gets on my nerves.

“Listen, I’ll be fine. I just need this cup of coffee, and I’ll be right back to normal in no time at all.” He stands there in silence, awkwardly.

“Listen, Sarge, I’m concerned about you, this is clearly too much for you. Hell, all of our workloads have gone down drastically, you’re doing far too much. I just want to he-”

“God damnit Mayers, SHUT THE HELL UP!” I snap, betraying my physical and mental exhaustion. The entire office goes silent, looking through the glass at me.

“Oh fuck me,” I moan, and put my hand on my forehead. “Sorry for bothering you Sarge,” Mayers apologizes as he goes to leave. I feel terrible.

“No no, come back Mayers. Have a seat,” I call him back, realizing I must be making the poor kid sweat. “And close the door too, while you’re over there.” He stands there, shocked in fear or panic, and closes the door before sheepisly sitting down at the chair in front of my desk. Out of the corner of my eye I see the office go back to work.

“W-what is it, Sarge?” The poor kid’s sweating fucking bullets. I really screwed up.

“Listen, sorry I snapped. I’m stressed, tired, my mind’s on other things right now. I’m just,” I pause momentarily, thinking of the best way to phrase this, “I’ve got a lot on my plate right now.” He looks confused, “so...you want help?” He cautiously throws that question out there.
“No, no, I just feel bad and, --, oh fuck it, I’ll cut the pretense. Listen, I have to do it alone because of Sanders.” He looks shocked and confused. “Wh? What do you mean? I thought you two were partners. You go on cases all the time. Did you get into a fight or something or what?” I sigh, and put the coffee on the table.

“You heard what happened with his daughter, right?” He nods his head no, figured. “Alright, well, his daughter went missing 6 years ago. It fucked him up real good. He’s been killing himself over all kidnapping cases that pop up, he swears they’re related to his daughter’s disappearance” I throw him a side eye from my office, he’s hard at work, but slower than what he should be. “His hearts in the right place, but he’s going to fucking kill himself before then. By stress or some other bullshit. Call it my way of keeping him safe and out of this mess. While he probably knows from the news, if he can’t get in on the investigation, the better off he is. Any questions?”

“No, Sarge.” He stands up. “I’ll be on my way then.” He heads towards the door, and I call after him.

“Hey, like I said, sorry about snapping. Long night and stressed.” He smiles at me, “It’s fine, I understand. Good luck, Sarge.” He leaves my office, closing the door behind me. My muscles loosen, and I stare longingly into my coffee before grabbing the mug and ruffling through the papers again.

It’s 2am, and it’s been a long day shuffling through documents and files, managing my people on the street. I drag myself to the only bar open this late. I must look like a damn zombie, I haven’t slept well in over 36 hours. I fumble my way to what vaguely looks like the bar, and plop myself down. I don’t even say anything, the bartender simply grabs an ice cold Lager beer and puts it in front of me. I probe around for it, and down it quickly. The temperature shock jolts me to a more active state of mind.

“Two in a row?” the bartender inquisites.

“Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep,” I draw it out as he brings me another one.

“I can’t say I agree with you, but I’ll put respect on your name. Hard worker, always a good trait to have,” he begins cleaning some glasses and dishes at the sink towards the back. I look at him, before groggily staring into nothing while taking sips of beer. The long silence is eventually broken by the jingling of bells, and I turn my head to the door. Anger wells up inside me.

“Sanders, what the fuck are you doing here?” I look to the bartender, but he’s already vanished. Tch. Wiley bastard. “I thought you were sober.” He sits down a seat away from me.

“Reeves, I, I swear to god, these missing people. They’re all being kidnapped. I just can’t fucking take it. ” He breaks down into sobbing. I don’t think there was ever anger there, only sympathy and melancholy. My anger dilutes into pity. I should have known it was going to happen sooner or later.

“Sanders, you stop worrying about this case, forget about it. It’s killing you.” I try to console him, knowing it’s futile. He’s annoyingly persistent. Well, that’s what makes him a good partner, but he’s also killing himself because of it. Sanders turns to me with red eyes, black bags hanging under his eyes bigger than mine. Christ, I think to myself. My face doesn’t show it.

“Just, please man, let me work on this case. I can’t take the idea of them losing people dear to them. So ple-.” I cut him off quickly and cleanly “I already told you Sanders, no, you’re killing yourself. It’s not fucking good for you, just look at you. You’re a fucking mess.”

“So are you Reeves, being here looking like you haven’t had a good night’s rest in 48 hours. You clearly need help, so please. We’re partners, right? So come on, let me work with you.”

“I ALREADY FUCKING SAID NO SANDERS, JUST STOP,” I scream as the last of my pity goes away. “You look fucking worse than me, and I haven’t had a good rest in my bed in 36 hours. I slept at my desk for 4 hours last night, do you know how damn uncomfortable that is? I’m killing myself because I want those damn thugs in bars, I hate them. I don’t understand how you can kidnap people, murder anyone, you get the point. It’s fucking sicknening to me.” He stares at me in a shocked silence as I continue “How can you do something like that? I don’t understand how you can sink that low. It baffles my fucking mind. But the difference between me and you, Sanders, is that you’ve fallen lower than them. You’re here, right in front of me, having a fucking mental breakdown and resorting back to alcohol after swearing off it two years ago. All because somebody was fucking kidnapped? You can’t even keep a clear head and you’re not on the case, how the fuck am I supposed to rely on you? If you want to actually help, then take the measures of quarantine off my lap, but you’re probably too much of a god damn mess to effectively do that either.” He sits there, almost in dawning realization, or maybe denial, at what I said. An awkward silence follows as I go back to my beer. It’s not ice cold anymore, damn. It’s gonna be just like last night. As I drink, some manilla folders glide across the table and stop in front of me.

“Those are the files I’ve collected over these past years,” I turn my head to Sanders, “It’s all fucking connected, man. I promise you. All the info is in there. I can help, I know what’s going on. I know how they kidnap people. Please, let me help.” I look back at the folders, and open them. I certainly wasn’t expecting a good flow of thought, but this is straight up insanity. Some weird cult with a weird flower symbol has been kidnapping people for 30 years, somehow going under the nose of the police. They always kidnap 8-11 people within a week. They go for people who seem interesting or odd, for some reason. None of them ever return. Half of these cases haven’t even been reported to the police. He doesn’t even have an exact location. It’s fucking incoherent and sounds like something a child would make up for a short story.

“Sanders...you’re fucking insane.” His face turns white.

“No no no, look, it all makes sense. You just gotta-” I stand up, snagging the manilla folders away from him.

“You’ve fucking lost it Sanders. I swear, what the fuck’s gotten into you?” I look at him with a mix of concern and disgust. “I still love you, but you’re NOT the man who I was partnered with all those years ago. This is for your own good.” I look him dead in the eye, and rip it in half. And again. And again. And until it’s unrecognizable shards of paper that would be impossible to tape together. He looks in horror as he sees his work on the floor, scrambling trying to piece it up.

“Get your shit together, man. Please. I’ll get those fucking thugs who kidnapped these people, you work on fixing yourself up, alright?” I walk out the bar, in disgust, and head back to the office. I plop down at my desk. I look at the files on my desk, and hunker down.

Bzzz….

Bzzz…

Bzzz…

Bzzz…

I groggily raise my head, and see my phone ringing. I pick it up without seeing who it is.

“Hey Reeves, it’s me,” Sander’s voice comes through the other end. He sounds very clear and awake. How fucking long was I asleep for? I look at my desk, and see a cup of coffee. It’s cold to the touch. There’s a sizable pool of drool on the files from where my head was. I take a while to respond.

“Hey Sanders...what’s up?” It takes longer to form that sentence than I’d like to admit.

“Can you come to the park? I’m sorry about last night, think we can talk it over?” he sounds genuine, or at least he wants to talk. I rest my hand on my forehead, it’s fucking killing me. God damn it. Maybe I could use a bit of break. Clear my head a bit, maybe feel a bit better with some fresh air and sunlight.

“Reeves, you there?”

“Oh yeah uh...sure, I’ll be right there.” I hang up on him, and groan. I’ve got seven missed calls from Sanders, all at different times. He must feel bad. I grab my coat, and wave to my secretary. They smile and wave back.

I’m at the park 15 minutes later. I see Sanders on a bench, surprisingly not facing the park. He sees me, and waves. I walk over and sit down next to him. The evening is warm and pleasant, and the air is refreshing. It feels good.

“So what’d you want to talk about, Sanders?” I get straight to the point. While it’s refreshing, every minute I spend not finding those people is a minute they get closer to dying. I need to get back to work.

“I wanted to talk about last night,” he says somberly, I figured that’s why he called me here.

“Yeah, figured. You feel bad or something?” I laughed to cheer him up, but he’s just got a somber look on his face.

“No, no. Just, why’d you have to do it man. Rip it up like that. I know it’s for my own good, but I just can’t get over it.”

“If this is why you called me here, I’m going back to work.” As I say that, it doesn’t make sense. Sanders would want those kids found more than anyone, he wouldn’t call me here to waste my time like that.

“I guess I am sorry, Reeves.” He looks me dead in the eyes, and I see a masked man emerge from the bush behind him. I can tell Sanders recognized the sound, and he mouths to me “Trust me, we’re going to find those kidnapped kids right now. I knew they’d take us here” I try to turn around and grab my gun, but I feel something hit my head before that, and I fall to the concrete, watching the same thing happen to Sanders. The world goes black.

3 days remain.

Hall of Fame
Spoiler:
Shino Thomson
Federico Decandia
Clayton (Briah)
Gebura Briah
ChubbyMooshroom9

Postby ChubbyMooshroom9 » Tue Mar 31, 2020 10:00 am

I sit down in front of them. Two of the people I respect most in my life. They took me in and cared for me when I needed it, and told me it would all be fine. And they taught me what the world, and life, is really like. It’s cliched to say I’d be paying them back right now, but all of this is for me. And I’m so glad that people like them exist. And so many more like them. It’s inspiring.

“Are you sure you’re ready for this?” the blond man who gave me hope all those years ago worries, “you should really wait a few more years.”

“Lay off their case,” a brown haired, dull man rebukes, “if they believe they are ready, than I say they can try.” The blond person throws a side eye in disbelief.

“You should know better than anyone that there’s a reason for the age 30, you’re the head priest after all. Follow the procedure as usual! It’s far too risky.”

“Of course I do. But the risk makes for a better story.” He closes his eyes, looking like a fucking cool guy for his age. “She will be a trailblazer. Just like you were all of those decades ago, and I was all those years ago. There is nothing wrong with that. Trailblazers make history, they make things fun and interesting. Give it a whirl.” He gives a devilish smile. The blond man makes a tch sound, and gives him a glare in return. They get along so well. If I hadn’t known any better, I’d think they had some sort of dislike for each other.

“Fine. But my support isn’t as wholehearted as this skeev. I genuinely think you should wait till you’re older, but you’re strong willed. Maybe that’s partially my fault to blame,” he laughs a bit, before retorting in a joking yet offended manner. “And hey, I am not that old. Cut it out.” He punches the brunette man in the shoulder, and he grabs it. I laugh at it. What good chemistry. The blond man smiles at me, but I can see a tinge of sadness in it. The brown man gives a more wholesome, full hearted smile.

“Good luck,” they say together, before immediately shooting a look at the other one. “Sorry to do this,” the blond man apologizes in advance, “you know how it is.” The brown haired main places a bag over my head, “You’ll be fine. I believe that you will defeat this abhorrent God.” I feel tight grip on my shoulder, and I instinctually panic, but keep it under control. Something pieces my carotid artery. My journey starts here. My freedom, my destiny. I enjoy it. My consciousness begins to lose its grip on my body.

This will be my stage, The Stage where I prove it to this God and the world that I can do it. I am independent.

And I think no more.

Hall of Fame
Spoiler:
Shino Thomson
Federico Decandia
Clayton (Briah)
Gebura Briah
ChubbyMooshroom9

Postby AltsandHostsonly » Tue Mar 31, 2020 10:00 am

1 day remains.

In an OOC sense, I will be running signups through an external service. Given it has to do with the preins, contact me and I will tell you how to solve it/what the answer is. If you ask for it, you're on honor code of not sharing and I'm not letting you prein. I'll reveal it for everyone in 8 hours.
A man with a muted palette and messy, yet organized, brown hair. He wears what seems to be dress shoes, and possesses a somber aura. His face is beginning to show the signs of aging, with lines around his cheeks. Despite this, he is well built.

He makes all the girls explode ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
AltsandHostsonly
Amnesiac
Amnesiac

Postby Nellyfox » Mon Apr 13, 2020 8:23 pm

VIRTUE’S LAST DILEMMA REDUX
初/MEGA浸透

subsume scrutiny

. Signups will be at May 2nd, 2020 8:00PM EDT.*
. Signup through PM. Include "VLDR Signup" in the subject. If you don't, your join will be skipped.
. This game will be laidback and not very serious. Think along the lines of Noah's New iNvention.
. 9 players.
. Minimal story. Mid-tier+ puzzles.

role process

. Create name, quote, color.
. 8 stat points can be distributed freely. Additional may be borrowed from other stats.
. 1 passive & 1 active ability. Basekits count as passive abilities.
. Wincons will be supplied from a random generator.

If you are interested in joining the game, start thinking of a role now. If you are inactive during the role creation process, I will replace you with someone else. The role creation process should take no more than a week (hopefully a few days).

* Subject to change depending on Chubby's game ending and school obligations.
Pre-ins are available by solving my meme challenge or finding out where saki blakeory is
Nellyfox
[Forum Mafia V] Winner
[Forum Mafia V] Winner

Postby Hawkwing425 » Mon Apr 13, 2020 8:40 pm

get ready for lucius 2
Hawkwing425
Bodyguard
Bodyguard

Location: Hawkwing425, the SHSL Forumronpa Player, has been found guilty. Time for the punishment!

Postby LordofFail » Mon Apr 13, 2020 8:51 pm

hmm what meme comic relief will i use this time

~~ Emanuel Lasker ~~

Mystery Link
LordofFail
[Forum Mafia I] Winner
[Forum Mafia I] Winner

Postby Nellyfox » Tue Apr 14, 2020 8:32 am

Few role creation clarifications:

. Stats can not exceed +-10.
. You may play characters from past games, as long as they are over 18.
. No starting pair roles.
. You will be receiving two randomly generated wincons. You may choose one or both to have for your role.

These may change to secure game balance depending on submitted roles.
Nellyfox
[Forum Mafia V] Winner
[Forum Mafia V] Winner

Postby Cyantic » Sat Apr 18, 2020 3:17 pm

Jupiter Transit Relay - Main Line
May 22nd, 2352
[Classified]

Spoiler: The room had been emptied before his arrival, of course. The previous board meeting with the Euro freaks went over about as they expected, so the CEO felt no reason to arrive early. The smoky room that seemed to reek of brandy made him think otherwise - typically these things tended towards formal, and far too long.

"Alex." His... hands, so to speak, greeted him warmly. His suit was still mostly done, though he had unknotted his tie. A burning cigar lay in his left hand. "How's the Fallows situation?" His hand waved to an empty chair next to him. Alex sat down, laying his briefcase down to greet him.

His... friend. More or less, at least. It's complicated when relationships run through business matters. But he knew him, at least, and that's what mattered. He sat down.

"No birthday kiss, Leontiy?" He dropped the briefcase he was holding and smiled - genuinely. These days, it felt like he had been running damage control for so long... it was just a relief to be with a friendly face.

Leontiy grinned himself, but then... "Seriously. Fallows? I know you're deflecting."

He swallowed. Fallows was a fucking idiot, but how could he explain it all? "We're... running it through channels. Technically, it's not under anyone's jurisdiction, and Miss Jacobs believes we can sweep it all under the rug. Our retainers are not desperately convinced, but it is clear that this is in new territory for them. Half of it's theoretical, the other half is..." He shrugs, fumbling to find his lighter and a cigar to match. "We're not expecting a delay on the big one, but god only knows where this'll end up. Z's probably DOA, though. We weren't getting great results before, but we're probably going to have to draw the curtains on CHARIOT. It doesn't really matter."

Leontiy blinked. "Well. Hm." He said, one hand caressing his chin. "The Yuros want us to keep pushing Z, strangely. I think the St. P popping finally pushed them over the edge - they want the readings. Nothing else seemed to interest them. How important was Fallows to it?"

"The Yuros want Z?" He looked around the room, finally, noting the designs and the diagrams that suddenly seemed to adorn the room. "Christ. Well, Leontiy, it depends all on how much funding they're willing to toss into it. We already sidelined the CHARIOT program, and getting that piece of shit back in almost certainly won't happen. We'd be staring down another commitment and this has already been a massive headache. We're getting good results, but..."

He nods. "Can we replace Fallows?"

"Hand to the Bible, fuck if I know. Board's been saying we need to get rid of him for years, and we never found a replacement. I don't even know where we could look for someone like him - guy was an idiot everywhere but his field, but there's no one else in his field."

"Yuros want us to consider it at least - I'll have to tie them to a number, but they were talking about a hundred Ts easy. That's funding not even the Chinese are going to match."

"We're talking a hundred trillion?" He sat back and marvelled at that number. That was eyeopening. Still... what they were asking, money wasn't the limitation. He placed the lit cigar in his mouth, chewing on the paper. "We'd have to run that by the board and our leads. We can - maybe - salvage Z. Stargate isn't going to happen. Psycho and Chromo are still doing OK on that front, at least. They didn't want Stargate, right?"

"Stargate? No. I didn't bring it up."

He thought to himself a bit more, as they sat in silence. Finally, he broke the silence. "If - and perhaps this is a big if - we could get our hands on more undesirables from Italy or wherever the fuck they're storing 'em these days, we could make it work. It'd be a limited run only for the CHARIOT program, nothing we're doing like now. But maybe we can get it done by '53. They can probably take some bastards off of Delhi and we'll be OK."

"I can pitch it to them tomorrow - last meeting before the delegate debarks to Mars 01. After that, we're probably not going to get in talk until late June when we're all back on the Main again. I need to be talking with the AO group anyway soon enough - shake hands on flipping Chromo. Should keep us in the black until this finishes - even if it gets dragged on for months."

Alex nodded. "Are you free tonight? I got a reservation at Lincolnshire for two."

"Wait, you did?" He looked at Alex in surprise. "Isn't that reserved for two decades?"

"Only the best." He winked. "Don't worry about it, Stevenson couldn't make it so he gave it to me for a small sum to cover costs. What do you say?"

Leontiy smiled. "Always. I've wanted to try their quenelle for so long..."

---

VLDR: Zero Time Dilemma
May 22nd, 2362*

The Promises We Keep:
There will be no mindreading.
There will be no mindhacking.
There will be no revivals.
Zero is not a role.
Any pre-ins are for helping me with this game.

This is a character-centric game - even more so then usual. You will get the most out of this game by being able to at least hold a conversation with another player. You will get the least out of it by saying nothing, doing nothing, and being nothing. Talking to the host about your character and how they feel is encouraged so that the game can integrate them in a better, more interesting way as time goes on. More details will come when the hour is right.

*black plague delay may occur due to final shenanigans. hope to god not though
Spoiler: Image
Cyantic
[Forum Mafia V] Winner
[Forum Mafia V] Winner

PreviousNext

Return to VLDR