Zero Escape: VLDR - End of The Line

Virtue's Last Dangan Ronpa

Re: Zero Escape: VLDR - End of The Line

Postby XerxesLeFan » Fri Feb 14, 2020 1:42 pm

Wait, you blew up the power plant? That was you?

What the fuck.

Spoiler:
ImageImageImage
【Horane - Lucius - Phoenix】
chubee wuz heer
XerxesLeFan
Christmas 2016 Winner
Christmas 2016 Winner

Location: ᴄᴏᴍᴇ ᴏɴ ᴀɴᴅ ʟᴀʏ ᴡɪᴛʜ ᴍᴇ, ᴄᴏᴍᴇ ᴏɴ ᴀɴᴅ ʟɪᴇ ᴛᴏ ᴍᴇ, ᴛᴇʟʟ ᴍᴇ ʏᴏᴜ ʟᴏᴠᴇ ᴍᴇ, ꜱᴀʏ ɪ'ᴍ ᴛʜᴇ ᴏɴʟʏ ᴏɴᴇ

Postby LordofFail » Fri Feb 14, 2020 1:43 pm

Yes, I was part of the plane incident. In fact, both of you chose for me to be part of it.

Zero takes off the armour and the mask. His true identity is Captain San Calixto, also known as TGS-1780, Head of Espionage for both factions and close adviser to you both.

Now, I shall explain your final Decision Game. The rules are simple. At your feet is a shotgun with one bullet. A shot at anyone from this distance is a guaranteed kill. Your choices are simple. You either shoot me, or shoot the other leader. If both shotguns are discharged, the shackles at your feet will automatically unlock. If one of you shoots the other before they can shoot, I will unlock the shackles myself with the key.

Captain San Calixto pulls a ring of keys from his pocket.

The results of your decision should be obvious, but I shall explain regardless. It should be obvious to you both that you share the same desire: complete control of all of Villdur. Naturally, this implies that the other leader must be eliminated. So I give you both the opportunity to do just that here and now. But if you both shoot at the same time, then you both will die. Furthermore, I shall live and be free to do as I wish unless I am shot. But if one of you shoots me, the other shall be able to shoot the other and claim victory for themselves.

A huge explosion shakes the walls of the tunnels.

You hear that? The walls are coming down. The civil war which you both have ordered your military to perform is beginning. Only you can stop it, but only if you both live. Otherwise, civil war will destroy all of Villdur. But if only one of you lives, you’ll have a much easier time claiming rule over its entirety.

So then, what is more important to you: your status and power, or your people?
The needs of the many, or the needs of the one? The choice, as always, is yours.

To you from failing hands we throw the torch; be yours to hold it high.

"The Hardest Game to Win is a Won Game"

~~ Emanuel Lasker ~~

Mystery Link
LordofFail
[Forum Mafia I] Winner
[Forum Mafia I] Winner

Postby LordofFail » Fri Feb 14, 2020 1:47 pm

Adrianna picks up the shotgun and shoots the wall, wasting the only bullet she had.

The fate of Villdur now rests squarely on Hiram's shoulders...

~~ Emanuel Lasker ~~

Mystery Link
LordofFail
[Forum Mafia I] Winner
[Forum Mafia I] Winner

Postby renetear » Fri Feb 14, 2020 1:48 pm

It's up to you, Hiram, kill me, and everyone will know what happened down here, kill San Calixto and we're both stuck here.

Your choice.
“Don't be scared, it's just a friendly game, right?"
renetear

Postby XerxesLeFan » Fri Feb 14, 2020 1:57 pm

...God damn you.

I... Villdur... my people.

Hiram glances up at the ceiling, shaking with explosions, and back to the floor, where the shotgun sits.

My fucking choice, huh? Great. No pressure.

Spoiler:
ImageImageImage
chubee wuz heer
XerxesLeFan
Christmas 2016 Winner
Christmas 2016 Winner

Location: ᴄᴏᴍᴇ ᴏɴ ᴀɴᴅ ʟᴀʏ ᴡɪᴛʜ ᴍᴇ, ᴄᴏᴍᴇ ᴏɴ ᴀɴᴅ ʟɪᴇ ᴛᴏ ᴍᴇ, ᴛᴇʟʟ ᴍᴇ ʏᴏᴜ ʟᴏᴠᴇ ᴍᴇ, ꜱᴀʏ ɪ'ᴍ ᴛʜᴇ ᴏɴʟʏ ᴏɴᴇ

Postby renetear » Fri Feb 14, 2020 2:06 pm

It's our people, haven't you realized that by now?
renetear

Postby XerxesLeFan » Fri Feb 14, 2020 2:23 pm

All I have to do is shoot you, and then.... it'll be over. It's what i've been waiting for for so long... it'll be over.

You should have just shot me and been done with it. Fuck. I have every reason to want to shoot you and yet...

I guess you have a point.

Spoiler:
ImageImageImage
chubee wuz heer
XerxesLeFan
Christmas 2016 Winner
Christmas 2016 Winner

Postby XerxesLeFan » Fri Feb 14, 2020 2:32 pm

... Adrianna, I have one thing to ask of you.

Spoiler:
ImageImageImage
chubee wuz heer
XerxesLeFan
Christmas 2016 Winner
Christmas 2016 Winner

Postby renetear » Fri Feb 14, 2020 2:35 pm

And that would be?
renetear

Postby XerxesLeFan » Fri Feb 14, 2020 2:37 pm

If you agree to let Nick come work for me, this can be over. That's what I want.

Spoiler:
ImageImageImage
chubee wuz heer
XerxesLeFan
Christmas 2016 Winner
Christmas 2016 Winner

Postby renetear » Fri Feb 14, 2020 2:39 pm

As you wish, I see no reason for me to deny this.
renetear

Postby LordofFail » Fri Feb 14, 2020 2:50 pm

Hiram shoots at the wall.

Do not post.

~~ Emanuel Lasker ~~

Mystery Link
LordofFail
[Forum Mafia I] Winner
[Forum Mafia I] Winner

Postby LordofFail » Fri Feb 14, 2020 2:58 pm

Your choice is made. You both choose to ally. To trust. To cooperate. Use this trust to build a Villdur reunited together.
The needs of the many must outweigh the needs of the few.
Audentum Forsque Venusque Iuvat.
Life is not … a Zero sum game.

The shackles around your ankles unlocked, as promised, and you two were free to go. You nodded to each other. A truce had been established. How long it would last, and if the two sides would be able to peacefully reunite, would depend on your future actions. But the foundations for a peaceful resolution to the dividing line that splits Villdur in two have been laid. Trust can only be built on trust.

Both leaders understood what had just transpired; they had both betrayed themselves to trust each other. They sacrificed their own personal gain, their own personal victory, for a joint victory. This victory would not be for them, but for their people, who would not be waking up tomorrow with declarations of war and forced conscription, resulting in the deaths of millions of people in a bloody and gruesome civil war. The needs of the many have outweighed the needs of the few. And if the people have won, can you really say that it is a loss for the leaders? In what was clearly a zero-sum game, where only one side could win, and one side losing meant that the other side would win by default, a resolution was somehow reached where both sides were the on the winning team. Perhaps the problem was not in that a zero-sum game was played, but in how the zero-sum game was won. For if one can win with others as opposed to only being able to win alone, the concept of the zero-sum game itself is shown to be flawed.

Life need not be a Zero sum game…

[GOOD END]

~~ Emanuel Lasker ~~

Mystery Link
LordofFail
[Forum Mafia I] Winner
[Forum Mafia I] Winner

Postby LordofFail » Fri Feb 14, 2020 3:02 pm

Winners

0) LordofFail (Captain San Calixto)
- Zero
1) Arcthurus (Phoenix "Nick" Valencia) - Detective - Eastern Bloc
2) XerxesLeFan (Hiram Bennett Narvaez) - Leader - Western Reformists
4) Renetear (Adrianna Arcand) - Leader - Eastern Bloc
5) Schultz128 (Dante) - The Framed
8) TheNiceOne (Greirat Fitzooth) - The Framed
12) Ryanyb --> PolyesterHomes (Camille) - Hurricane Camille

Survivors

0) LordofFail (Captain San Calixto) - Zero
1) Arcthurus (Pheonix "Nick" Valencia) - Detective - Eastern Bloc
2) XerxesLeFan (Hiram Bennett Narvaez) - Leader - Western Reformists
4) Renetear (Adrianna Arcand) - Leader - Eastern Bloc
5) Schultz128 (Dante) - The Framed
8) TheNiceOne (Greirat Fitzooth) - The Framed
11) Arckas (Lampyis) - Spy - Western Reformists
12) Ryanyb --> PolyesterHomes (Cam) - Hurricane Camille

Honourable Mentions

3) Chemist1422 (Riley) - Spy - Eastern Bloc
6) IAmAMunchlax (Doc Wilhelm) - General - Western Reformists
7) Spretznaz (Darby Myo) - Detective - Western Reformists
9) ChubbyMooshroom9 (Lola) - The Arsonist
10) PokemonKidRyan (Harry Moore) - General - Eastern Bloc
Last edited by LordofFail on Fri Feb 14, 2020 3:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

~~ Emanuel Lasker ~~

Mystery Link
LordofFail
[Forum Mafia I] Winner
[Forum Mafia I] Winner

Postby LordofFail » Fri Feb 14, 2020 3:04 pm

Any faction member that becomes Leader obtains the Tyrant Role Card.

Role Cards:

Spoiler:
Tyrant - Eastern Bloc
"Long live [char name], (s)he loves you.
Sing these words or you know what they'll do!"

You've only gone and done it. After a bloody coup, you now stand as the de facto leader of your faction, and you intend on keeping it that way by any means necessary. The power has gone to your head and you plan on ruling with an iron fist with no tolerance for dissenters or alternate opinions. You're the leader now, so you know best, right? Who needs the opinions of others when you already know what to do? And if anyone dares question your authority, you'll just have to make sure they conveniently "disappear"... But the other faction exists, and they must still be taken care of before your rule can extend to all of Villdur. Say, wouldn't it be great if you can coup the other faction too and take full command of everything yourself?

Code: Select all
STR +0 | STL +0 | CON +0
--------------------------------
WIL +0 | ACC +0 | LUC +0

Free Skill Points: 2
(2 extra points, same stats are kept)

You now have the following additional abilities:

Iron Fist - You may command members of your faction to perform actions for you. Should they refuse, you may elect to kill them.

Secret Service - The first time you die, the hit will instead be taken by a member of the Secret Service posing as your body double. Members of your faction will secretly know you are still alive.

Coup - You may pay Zero seven Death Tokens to assassinate a member of the opposing faction chosen at random.

Victory Condition: Escape with all members of the opposing faction dead.

Tyrant - Western Reformists
"Long live [char name], (s)he loves you.
Sing these words or you know what they'll do!"

You've only gone and done it. After a bloody coup, you now stand as the de facto leader of your faction, and you intend on keeping it that way by any means necessary. The power has gone to your head and you plan on ruling with an iron fist with no tolerance for dissenters or alternate opinions. You're the leader now, so you know best, right? Who needs the opinions of others when you already know what to do? And if anyone dares question your authority, you'll just have to make sure they conveniently "disappear"... But the other faction exists, and they must still be taken care of before your rule can extend to all of Villdur. Say, wouldn't it be great if you can coup the other faction too and take full command of everything yourself?

STR +0 | STL +0 | CON +0
WIL +0 | ACC +0 | LUC +0

Free Skill Points: 2
(2 extra points, same stats are kept)

You now have the following additional abilities:

Iron Fist - You may command members of your faction to perform actions for you. Should they refuse, you may elect to kill them.

Secret Service - The first time you die, the hit will instead be taken by a member of the Secret Service posing as your body double. Members of your faction will secretly know you are still alive.

Coup - You may pay Zero seven Death Tokens to assassinate a member of the opposing faction chosen at random.

Victory Condition: Escape with all members of the opposing faction dead.

Leader - Eastern Bloc
"Everything the light touches is my kingdom"

You've made it. All that hard work has paid off and here you stand, top of the pile. The only thing that stands in your way of complete domination of the region is the Western Reformists. You'll see to it that they crumble and fall here and now. They claim you assassinated their leader 44 years ago but you never authorized the attack - although you did consider it. You know the hit must have been staged and that their leader is still alive, and if you had to guess, they're here somewhere. You pretended to resign shortly afterwards but you’ve secretly still maintained power. It’s been so long since you’ve seen the other leader that you doubt either of you would recognize each other. Regardless, you've come to hide in these tunnels to escape from all the commotion the power plant's meltdown is causing. You've been to these tunnels before and know many secrets about them, especially how to get around from station to station. You know those Western bastards caused the meltdown because you sure as hell didn't do it. Those cheating sacks of shit deserve nothing less than death, and with nobody from the general public around to witness it, you'll be able to seize all of Villdur as your own!

STR +0 | STL +1 | CON +1
WIL +1 | ACC +0 | LUC +0

Free Skill Points: 3

Suspension of Disbelief - You have 3 hours worth of an experimental drug called ‘Suspension’ at your disposal. While active, you will appear to have no heartbeat and you can fake your death. You can use the whole 3 hours at once, or break it up into divisions of your choosing.

Taxing the People - You secretly obtain an additional Death Token each time you obtain one or more Death Tokens.

Forbidden Knowledge - You may move to any adjacent accessible station at any time. You may not bring anyone else with you. Moving in this manner takes 10 minutes.

Victory Condition: Escape with the opposing leader dead.

Leader - Western Reformists
"Everything the light touches is my kingdom"

You've made it. All that hard work has paid off and here you stand, top of the pile. The only thing that stands in your way of complete domination of the region is the Eastern Bloc. You'll see to it that they crumble and fall here and now. Your party claimed they assassinated you 44 years ago in a staged act. The East denied it but the West and neutral observers ate it up and bought it. What utter fools they are, but all the better for you. The Eastern leader resigned shortly afterwards but you have always suspected that they were still in command but in hiding. It’s been so long since you’ve seen them that you doubt either of you would recognize each other anyway. Regardless, you've been hiding in secret in these tunnels for the past 44 years. You were almost caught about 35 years ago when a family was trying to smuggle themselves from one side to the other but you had both parents executed, and convinced the child to become a loyal spy and close advisor of yours using his connections on the other side to obtain classified information. With all the commotion the power plant's meltdown is causing, members of the Eastern Bloc are likely to try and seek refuge in these old tunnels. You've been to these tunnels before and know many secrets about them, especially how to get around from station to station. You know those Eastern bastards caused the meltdown because you sure as hell didn't do it. Those cheating sacks of shit deserve nothing less than death, and with nobody from the general public around to witness it, you'll be able to seize all of Villdur as your own!

STR +0 | STL +0 | CON +1
WIL +2 | ACC +0 | LUC +0

Suspension of Disbelief - You have 3 hours worth of an experimental drug called ‘Suspension’ at your disposal. While active, you will appear to have no heartbeat and you can fake your death. You can use the whole 3 hours at once, or break it up into divisions of your choosing.

Taxing the People - You secretly obtain an additional Death Token each time you obtain one or more Death Tokens.

Forbidden Knowledge - You may move to any adjacent accessible station at any time. You may not bring anyone else with you. Moving in this manner takes 10 minutes.

Victory Condition: Escape with the opposing leader dead.

General - Eastern Bloc
"Stand at attention!"

You are a decorated officer who ranks among the highest in the armed forces and stands as second in command of the Eastern Bloc. You've got secret attack plans here, all you need to do is get out fast and you'll be able to get the jump on the enemy. You and your leader have both come into these tunnels to hide away from the surface with all the madness caused by the meltdown. You don't think your leader has recognized you - not that they would, you never spoke face to face just in case of Western spies. But since you recognize your leader and they don't recognize you, it would be so easy for you to just stage a coup of your own faction and take full command yourself...

STR +1 | STL +0 | CON +0
WIL +0 | ACC +1 | LUC +0

Adept: Firearms

Free Skill Points: 4

Armed and Ready - You begin the game with a gun and 4 bullets.

Second in Command - Should your leader, [player], die, you will become the new leader. Your role and victory condition will change accordingly.

Keep it Secret, Keep it Safe - You begin the game with your faction's secret military plans on your person.

Victory Condition: Obtain the secret military plans of the other faction and escape, or escape before the General of the opposing faction while possessing your faction's secret military plans.

General - Western Reformists
"Stand at attention!"

You are a decorated officer who ranks among the highest in the armed forces and stands as second in command of the Western Reformists. You've got secret attack plans here, all you need to do is get out fast and you'll be able to get the jump on the enemy. You and your leader have both come into these tunnels to hide away from the surface with all the madness caused by the meltdown. You don't think your leader has recognized you - not that they would, you never spoke face to face just in case of Eastern spies. But since you recognize your leader and they don't recognize you, it would be so easy for you to just stage a coup of your own faction and take full command yourself...

STR +2 | STL +0 | CON +0
WIL +0 | ACC +0 | LUC +0

Adept: Firearms

Armed and Ready - You begin the game with a gun and 4 bullets.

Second in Command - Should your leader, [player], die, you will become the new leader. Your role and victory condition will change accordingly.

Keep it Secret, Keep it Safe - You begin the game with your faction's secret military plans on your person.

Victory Condition: Obtain the secret military plans of the other faction and escape, or escape before the General of the opposing faction while possessing your faction's secret military plans.

Detective - Eastern Bloc
"Because I am Thomas Muller, the Raumdeuter, also known as the Space Investigator!
- I thought it was Space Interpreter?
- Well, there's no proper English translation, but really both are valid. It's very cool actually."

You are a highly regarded detective within your faction. You've looked over the files from the arson case 55 years ago, and it is clear that the culprit was [player]. But something always seemed odd to you about this case. All the evidence seemed ... a bit too perfect. Regardless, the convicted culprit has escaped, and you need to find them and bring them back to justice before they start more fires.

STR +1 | STL +0 | CON +0
WIL +2 | ACC +0 | LUC +0

Adept: Restraining Others

Member of the Force - You begin the game with a pair of handcuffs and the key in your inventory.

Police Instinct - If you witness a crime, you will immediately apprehend the culprit and restrain them. You will be asked if you wish to cuff them or not.

Damning Evidence - You begin the game with some evidence of the arson attack. It is not conclusive as to who the culprit is from this evidence alone.

Space Investigator - You will narrow down any murder culprit to one third of all remaining living players upon finding a dead body.

Space Interpreter - When you discover a secret passage, you will be told the destination as well as the travel time required to pass through.

Victory Condition: Escape with the arsonist arrested or dead.

Detective - Western Reformists
"Because I am Thomas Muller, the Raumdeuter, also known as the Space Investigator!
- I thought it was Space Interpreter?
- Well, there's no proper English translation, but really both are valid. It's very cool actually."

You are a highly regarded detective within your faction. You've looked over the files from the arson case 55 years ago, and it is clear that the culprit was [player]. But something always seemed odd to you about this case. All the evidence seemed ... a bit too perfect. Regardless, the convicted culprit has escaped, and you need to find them and bring them back to justice before they start more fires.

STR +1 | STL +0 | CON +1
WIL +0 | ACC +1 | LUC +0

Adept: Restraining Others

Member of the Force - You begin the game with a pair of handcuffs and the key in your inventory.

Police Instinct - If you witness a crime, you will immediately apprehend the culprit and restrain them. You will be asked if you wish to cuff them or not.

Damning Evidence - You begin the game with some evidence of the arson attack. It is not conclusive as to who the culprit is from this evidence alone.

Space Investigator - You will narrow down any murder culprit to one third of all remaining living players upon finding a dead body.

Space Interpreter - When you discover a secret passage, you will be told the destination as well as the travel time required to pass through.

Victory Condition: Escape with the arsonist arrested or dead.

Spy - Eastern Bloc
"Intruder alert! A red spy is in the base!"

You are a highly mysterious figure whose identity is anonymous to even the highest ranking officials in your camp. Only the Head of Espionage knows your true identity, although you don't know theirs. Your secret missive is to identify the four members of the Western Reformists and determine their rank. Or, you could assassinate your own leader and take control yourself. You've always wanted to be the one calling the shots...

STR +0 | STL +0 | CON +0
WIL +0 | ACC +1 | LUC +0

Adept: Stealth

Free Skill Points: 5

Special Equipment - You begin the game with a special spy item of your choosing in your inventory. You may select the item at the start of the game or partway through, but once it is selected it cannot be changed.

Top Secret Intel - All of your inventory slots are hidden and will not show if you are searched while unconscious. All of your items will still show on death however.

Hired Help - You may pay Zero three Death Tokens to assasinate someone belonging to a faction. Should you choose to assassinate your Leader and be successful, you will perform a coup of your faction and take control yourself. Your wincon will change from this. Should the Detective of the faction you target still be alive, the assassination will fail and you will not be refunded your payment.

Poison, the Silent Killer - You begin the game with a poison-laced dagger. You are immune to the poison on the dagger. The poison kills within the hour. There is no antidote.

Victory Condition: Identify the Leader, General, Detective and Spy of the Western Reformists. You will be asked for your deductions at the conclusion of the game or upon your death, whichever comes first.

Spy - Western Reformists
"Intruder alert! A red spy is in the base!"

You are a highly mysterious figure whose identity is anonymous to even the highest ranking officials in your camp. Only the Head of Espionage knows your true identity, although you don't know theirs. Your secret missive is to identify the four members of the Eastern Bloc and determine their rank. Or, you could assassinate your own leader and take control yourself. You've always wanted to be the one calling the shots...

STR +0 | STL +0 | CON +0
WIL +0 | ACC +1 | LUC +0

Adept: Stealth

Free Skill Points: 5

Special Equipment - You begin the game with a special spy item of your choosing in your inventory. You may select the item at the start of the game or partway through, but once it is selected it cannot be changed.

Top Secret Intel - All of your inventory slots are hidden and will not show if you are searched while unconscious. All of your items will still show on death however.

Hired Help - You may pay Zero three Death Tokens to assasinate someone belonging to a faction. Should you choose to assassinate your Leader and be successful, you will perform a coup of your faction and take control yourself. Your wincon will change from this. Should the Detective of the faction you target still be alive, the assassination will fail and you will not be refunded your payment.

Poison, the Silent Killer - You begin the game with a poison-laced dagger. You are immune to the poison on the dagger. The poison kills within the hour. There is no antidote.

Victory Condition: Identify the Leader, General, Detective and Spy of the Eastern Bloc. You will be asked for your deductions at the conclusion of the game or upon your death, whichever comes first.

The Framed
"It wasn't me, I swear!"

55 years ago, you were put on trial and convicted for an arson attack which you did not commit. You were a thief and a pickpocket, yes, but never would you commit arson. From your perspective, it was clear - the incriminating pieces of evidence were all forged, likely so the other side could blame the incident on you. Inmates were not kind to you in prison, blaming you for the rift between the two sides. You've since broken ties with all factions, and recently managed a jailbreak while in a prison transport. You did have an accomplice though, but they remained anonymous to you. Probably for the best, that. Regardless, you quickly learned that there were two trials for the same arson attack fifty-five years ago, with two people found guilty. You quickly went to make contact with the other convicted person, and found that they too had recently escaped prison. Despite being previously associated with opposite sides, you two have put aside your differences to come together in order to find the true culprit and bring them to justice.

STR +0 | STL +0 | CON +0
WIL +0 | ACC +1 | LUC +1

Adept: Stealing, Planting Items
Inept: Arson

Framed Friend - You share a private chat with [player].

Shut Down Everything - You can cause a system shutdown, stopping all trains for one hour. You may do this once per day.

Sneaking in the Shadows - You do not suffer travel time penalties for going through secret tunnels without a light source. Additionally, your travel time is reduced by half when traveling alone.

A Thief at Heart - You can swap an item of your choice with a random item from a player of your choice in the same room as you. You may do this once per hour. You cannot steal items that are in a player's hidden inventory slot.

Victory Condition: Discover the true culprit and have them arrested or killed.

The Framed
"It wasn't me, I swear!"

55 years ago, you were put on trial and convicted for an arson attack which you did not commit. You were a thief and a pickpocket, yes, but never would you commit arson. From your perspective, it was clear - the incriminating pieces of evidence were all forged, likely so the other side could blame the incident on you. Inmates were not kind to you in prison, blaming you for the rift between the two sides. You've since broken ties with all factions, and recently managed a jailbreak while in a prison transport. You did have an accomplice though, but they remained anonymous to you. Probably for the best, that. Regardless, you quickly learned that there were two trials for the same arson attack fifty-five years ago, with two people found guilty. You quickly went to make contact with the other convicted person, and found that they too had recently escaped prison. Despite being previously associated with opposite sides, you two have put aside your differences to come together in order to find the true culprit and bring them to justice.

STR +0 | STL +0 | CON +1
WIL +0 | ACC +0 | LUC +1

Adept: Stealing, Planting Items
Inept: Arson

Framed Friend - You share a private chat with [player].

Shut Down Everything - You can cause a system shutdown, stopping all trains for one hour. You may do this once per day.

Sneaking in the Shadows - You do not suffer travel time penalties for going through secret tunnels without a light source. Additionally, your travel time is reduced by half when traveling alone.

A Thief at Heart - You can swap an item of your choice with a random item from a player of your choice in the same room as you. You may do this once per hour. You cannot steal items that are in a player's hidden inventory slot.

Victory Condition: Discover the true culprit and have them arrested or killed.

The Arsonist
"I am the Milkman. My milk is delicious."

55 years ago, you burned down the government building where the two factions shared power. You didn't really have any good reason for doing so, you just enjoyed watching things burn and the shitshow that followed. Each of the two factions arrested someone innocent and planted fake evidence to get their man convicted. The lack of communication was truly outstanding as two people, both innocent, were convicted for a crime you did. With both convicts recently escaping prison, and the police forces desperate to find them, you had to ensure that the evidence got destroyed. You tracked down the detectives with evidence and the convicts, and all of them are converging on this series of tunnels. Let's just say its a good thing for you that the evidence is still stored on paper records.

STR +0 | STL +0 | CON +2
WIL +2 | ACC +1 | LUC +0

Adept: Firestarting

Special Delivery - You can create more powerful Molotov cocktails given the proper ingredients.

Burn Baby Burn - You begin the game with a can of gasoline and a pack of matches.

This is Fine - You are immune to the effects of fire.

Grim Reaper of the Old Metro - For each player killed you may add a permanent +1 to a stat of your choosing. This ability triggers when you find a dead body or if Zero announces a death.

Victory Condition: Escape with at least two of the three pieces of evidence related to your crime destroyed and ensure that none who learn of your crime escape.

Hurricane Camille
"I'm just here to have myself a good time, and make sure the baddies have a bad time."

Since the trial, you have devoted yourself to finding the truth behind the arson incident 55 years ago. The burning question on your mind was why. Why burn down the government building? Was it just a terrorist attack? Was it to send a message? Were they hired by one of the sides? You just had to know. You came across some crucial evidence a few months ago, but you don't quite see how it fits with the rest of it. Maybe if you had more of the evidence, it could help you paint a better picture? Regardless, you heard that, [player], the convicted arson culprit, had escaped from prison a few days ago and fled to the forbidden tunnels below the city shortly before the meltdown. Being in hot pursuit, you were inside the tunnels while the meltdown occurred, sparing yourself from its effects. Now all you need to do is track down the arsonist to get to the bottom of this mess, and maybe get the two sides to agree to a peaceful resolution while you're at it.

STR: +2     |     STL: +0      |    CON: +0
-------------------------------------------
WIL: +0     |     ACC: +0      |    LUC: +0

Not-So-Fond Memories - Your inventory begins this game in the same way it ended in Calm Before the Storm. Your starting inventory is as follows: 3 knives, sleeping pills, and a crossbow with 2 arrows. You have one free inventory spot at your disposal at the start of the game because of these items. You may discard or use them to free up space as you would normal items.

Loose Lips Sink Ships - You can learn about the intentions or secrets of others by drinking with them.

Dulling the Pain - Drinking alcohol temporarily gives you a +3 CON boost and reduces any injury penalties you have.

Victory Condition: Ensure that the arsonist is arrested or dead at the conclusion of the game, or ensure that the East and West come to a peaceful resolution.

Zero
"To you from failing hands we throw the torch; be yours to hold it high."

STR: +5     |     STL: +3      |    CON: +2
-------------------------------------------
WIL: +3     |     ACC: -3      |    LUC: -5

Inept: Constitution Rolls

TGS-1780 - You begin the game encased in a suit of armour. You are immune to physical attacks, your face is masked and your voice is changed.

Time to Decide - You manage the Decision Games and will be played by the Game Host. You may not speak during the decision games through your armour - you can only speak to the players via the microphone inside your armour.

Head of Espionage - You know everything about everyone and can keep secret tabs on the movements and actions of all the players over the course of the game.

The Needs of the Many Outweigh the Needs of the Few - You may execute anyone at any time if their actions put your objectives in jeopardy.

Victory Condition: Ensure that a leader for each faction as well as yourself escapes, and that both leaders shoot you and not each other.

~~ Emanuel Lasker ~~

Mystery Link
LordofFail
[Forum Mafia I] Winner
[Forum Mafia I] Winner

Postby LordofFail » Fri Feb 14, 2020 3:06 pm

~~ Emanuel Lasker ~~

Mystery Link
LordofFail
[Forum Mafia I] Winner
[Forum Mafia I] Winner

Postby LordofFail » Fri Feb 14, 2020 3:08 pm

Modrant / series discussion:

Okay. Gonna try to keep this short. I'll probably be updating it here and there as I think of more things to say.

First off: this game. A couple things to cover.

1. Mechanics of the game itself

Travel time / limited movement / secret tunnels: Probably won't do it again, at least not in this manner. It seemed to really slow down the pace of the game and being alone in an area sucked a lot. I tried to put in a lot of secret passages to compensate for this but the travel time on them was too long, making them almost worthless. I like secret passages as a concept, but with no travel time they have very limited use. So maybe future games will have a blend where it takes a few minutes to go from room A to room B but secret tunnels take you there immediately, allowing to perform a couple actions before the rest of the group gets there or something. Or maybe I'll just keep them for discovering secret areas instead of moving between rooms, or for ones that go between rooms, there will be lore hidden in them like the College-Winery passage.

Free Skill Points: Loved it. I really enjoyed giving the players the freedom to essentially build their roles how they wanted to play them. In the past, I would give stats based on how I felt the role "should be" played, so killing roles would have good combat stats, sneaky roles would have good stealth based stats, etc. But this way it allows players to look at a role, decide how they want to approach it and choose their stats based on that. So I think overall it worked out well.

Combat: Speaking of combat though, I'll be honest, I have no idea what I'm doing, and it really showed on a couple occasions. I'll try to come up with a more concrete system for combat for my next game, there was a lot of salt in combat. Combat will definitely remain turn-based though, being able to just unload 4 or 5 bullets from a gun before the opponent can react is something I just can't allow unless death is meaningless like in GTH.

Decision Games vs Ambidex Games: They have potential. This game was definitely a trial run for them, and there were loopholes exploited in this game. I allowed them to be exploited because I didn't think of them beforehand, although I probably just should have not allowed them to be exploited at all. I do feel that they provided a nice variety and a difference from the standard AB game which has been overly metad to the point where its almost routine to ally, and kill anyone who betrays. Rewards / penalties for the decision games will also probably need tweaking, I felt bad killing 3 people with them (even if one of them was replacing out anyway).

2. Overall thoughts on the game:

As a whole, I really liked it. Mechanically, it wasn't as good as CBS but I might like it more because I think ETL has stronger characters. I gave people more serious roles to play and was pleasantly surprised that people filled those roles well. I was half expecting the game to devolve into standard everyone-for-themselves VLDR where it becomes more about staying alive and reaching your wincon than playing a character. So I'm glad that the characters were as good as they were.

The game had a good flow to it (even if it was slow at times because of the trains), and overall I think it was a solid game.

3. Miscellaneous notes / fun facts:

- That long key chain thing was bad. Sorry to TNO and Schultz for that. Your awful luck on that didn't help though. Guess TNO spent all his luck on russian roulette.
- Stadium puzzle should have had a hint somewhere in the room to indicate that you're trying to get to 50.
- Chubby got screwed with bad rolls, and some bad hosting.
- I'm probably not going to allow gasoline poisoning in future games unless the drinker rolls nat 1 for perception or something. People aren't so dumb that they won't realize what they are drinking isn't wine. So apologies to chubby for this, definitely my bad, but no more gasoline poisoning in future games. Probably should have just said no outright on it.
- People need to read the room descs more. There were many times that a vital clue or element of a puzzle was in the room desc and people ignored it. Embrace reading please.
- Text phone chat was fun and it was a mechanic made up on the spot. Actually all of Main Street was made up on the spot I didn't have descs for any of the stores lol.
- People faking their death was fun. Allowing their inventory to be looted, even the hidden item slot was a hosting error, probably shouldn't have allowed that but once I did for Xerxes I had to for milte for consistency purposes.
- Arckas: The wheel you got in Water Filtration went to a valve in Water Filtration. There were two doors next to the console you never opened, behind one of them was a spot to place the wheel on the wall and get a decision game that was basically a game of chicken. It was even mentioned a couple times. Also you could have used your spy item to make a lie detector or something to help figure out who is who, or a stun gun to kill people easier. Your role was hard, but you definitely didn't take advantage of the resources you were given.
- The roles of this game were loosely based on the roles in Coup:
Leader - Duke
Spy - Ambassador
General - Inquisitor
Detective - Contessa
Framed - Captain
Tyrant - Assassin
- This game was a comedy of errors with the violence of Macbeth :>

Thoughts on the series as a whole:

Making a series of games at once is hard. Especially knowing there will be time between the games so there will be the inevitable "what was happening again". So I had to try to keep things as simple as possible between the games for that reason.
Anyway, the overall theme of the game is about life not being a zero-sum game. Just because the east wins doesn't mean the west loses, and just because the east loses doesn't mean the west wins. I could go into more examples on this concept but I think the game did a fairly good job illustrating this point in the ending.
Anyway, that was the overall idea the series was going for, which can then be applied to real life in out of game situations.

CBS illustrated the background to the conflict.
GTH explored reasons for conflict in the character traits. The idea behind the traits is that they were to represent things that I consider as petty and not worth fighting over, such as race, religion, influence, affluence, political opinion and language.
ETL showed possible resolutions to the conflict and how looking at the conflict as a zero-sum game can only bring about mutually assured destruction for all parties involved. Sure, you might win the conflict, but in a real-life situation where the conflict is some disagreement between coworkers in the workplace, the party that wins the conflict may be looked down upon by their peers for engaging in such a petty conflict in the first place, so really nobody wins.

Anyway, as a series as a whole I liked it. I might take a break from hosting for a while since I've been working on this series for well over a year, so I don't plan on doing anything like this again anytime soon. But I might do other games or things if I get inspiration, and if I have enough ideas / inspiration I may do another series in the future, having a storyline extend across multiple games is definitely an idea I liked working with from a hosting and creative perspective. Maybe next time it will be more open ended and actions taken in a previous game can influence future games since in this series all games would have been pretty much the same regardless of how previous games went.
Last edited by LordofFail on Sun Feb 16, 2020 12:59 pm, edited 3 times in total.

~~ Emanuel Lasker ~~

Mystery Link
LordofFail
[Forum Mafia I] Winner
[Forum Mafia I] Winner

Postby LordofFail » Fri Feb 14, 2020 3:08 pm

You may now post.

~~ Emanuel Lasker ~~

Mystery Link
LordofFail
[Forum Mafia I] Winner
[Forum Mafia I] Winner

Postby Chemist1422 » Fri Feb 14, 2020 3:09 pm

mist ~ she/her

i guess this is goodbye?
(still here for danganronpa i guess)

stop sending reports to me i'm not a tos game moderator
Chemist1422
FM Game Moderator
FM Game Moderator

Postby ChubbyMooshroom9 » Fri Feb 14, 2020 3:09 pm

man really fun game i enjoyed the weekend it was hosted, don't know why it took so long to end though C:

im going to excuse myself before i go on rant

Hall of Fame
Spoiler:
Shino Thomson
Federico Decandia
Clayton (Briah)
Gebura Briah
ChubbyMooshroom9
FM Awards: Town
FM Awards: Town

Postby Cyantic » Fri Feb 14, 2020 3:09 pm

mags was right all along
Spoiler: Image
Cyantic
[Forum Mafia V] Winner
[Forum Mafia V] Winner

Postby LordofFail » Fri Feb 14, 2020 3:10 pm

Also I'm just gonna leave this here:

~~ Emanuel Lasker ~~

Mystery Link
LordofFail
[Forum Mafia I] Winner
[Forum Mafia I] Winner

Postby IAmAMunchlax » Fri Feb 14, 2020 3:12 pm

imagine killing yourself instead of replacing out L M A O
IAmAMunchlax
Halloween 2015 Winner
Halloween 2015 Winner

Location: ⁨ ⁨ ⁨ ⁨ ⁨ ⁨ ⁨ ⁨ ⁨ ⁨ ⁨ ⁨ ⁨ ⁨ ⁨ ⁨ ⁨ ⁨ ⁨⁨ ⁨ ⁨ ⁨ ⁨ ⁨ ⁨ ⁨ ⁨ ⁨ ⁨ ⁨ ⁨ ⁨ ⁨ ⁨ ⁨ ⁨ ⁨ ⁨ ⁨ ⁨ ⁨ ⁨ ⁨ ⁨ ⁨ ⁨ ⁨ ⁨

Postby XerxesLeFan » Fri Feb 14, 2020 3:13 pm

Spoiler:
ImageImageImage
chubee wuz heer
XerxesLeFan
Christmas 2016 Winner
Christmas 2016 Winner

Postby LordofFail » Fri Feb 14, 2020 3:14 pm

~~ Emanuel Lasker ~~

Mystery Link
LordofFail
[Forum Mafia I] Winner
[Forum Mafia I] Winner

PreviousNext

Return to VLDR