Re: VLDR - Nosedive

Postby Nellyfox » Tue Oct 15, 2019 9:26 pm

Not what I meant.
Nellyfox
[Forum Mafia V] Winner
[Forum Mafia V] Winner

Postby ryanyb » Tue Oct 15, 2019 9:27 pm

Well fuck this standing around I'm going to go look for shit.
I've been standing around a lot recently and not doing much.
But I feel an urge to not be a useless fuck.
ryanyb
FM Game Moderator
FM Game Moderator

Postby Arckas » Tue Oct 15, 2019 9:31 pm

At the trend at which we are proceeding, most of us will escape next round regardless.
(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)
Arckas
Vampire
Vampire

Postby Arckas » Tue Oct 15, 2019 9:38 pm

Phi, may I inquire as to your history and relationship to Omega and your brother, Alpha?

Would you still like to be called Phi, or is it an painful name for you?
(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)
Arckas
Vampire
Vampire

Postby Arcthurus » Tue Oct 15, 2019 9:42 pm

Pat leaves.

Spoiler: Image

Art Count: 3
Spoiler: Cyrus & Horane

---
Aeolus & Phoenix

---
Xero & (Priest)
Arcthurus
Mafioso
Mafioso

Postby Arcthurus » Tue Oct 15, 2019 9:45 pm

Arckas wrote:Phi, may I inquire as to your history and relationship to Omega and your brother, Alpha?

Would you still like to be called Phi, or is it an painful name for you?

"I've always known him by Omega. He used to be kind. But the more alterations he made, he started to change."

"He did this to me and my brother as a condition for providence and housing. So we wouldn't get ill or grow older, and be able to work with him longer. He took my voice, because he said it was an outdated form of communication and not needed for carrying out the procedures."

---
Aeolus & Phoenix

---
Xero & (Priest)
Arcthurus
Mafioso
Mafioso

Postby Arcthurus » Tue Oct 15, 2019 9:54 pm

Scrivano arrives.

---
Aeolus & Phoenix

---
Xero & (Priest)
Arcthurus
Mafioso
Mafioso

Postby Schultz128 » Tue Oct 15, 2019 9:55 pm

Goddamnit, where did Pat go?

By the way, anyone know who this spider belongs to?
Schultz128
FM Awards: Creator

Postby Arcthurus » Tue Oct 15, 2019 9:57 pm

Scrivano points to a spider-like robot the size of a dog following them, it has also two small arms on the side. The robot chirps.

---
Aeolus & Phoenix

---
Xero & (Priest)
Arcthurus
Mafioso
Mafioso

Postby Schultz128 » Tue Oct 15, 2019 9:59 pm

Anyways, remembered something that might help with the Eden search.

When we first came to the city, we got told that there was a place not listed on the map that we could access. We also got access to both ATLAS_Section 1 and ATLAS_Eden.

Also, try to look for anything associating with the number '9', the letter 'R', and the color 'red'.
Schultz128

Postby Arcthurus » Tue Oct 15, 2019 10:02 pm

Scrivano leaves, the robot behind them.

---
Aeolus & Phoenix

---
Xero & (Priest)
Arcthurus
Mafioso
Mafioso

Postby Arcthurus » Tue Oct 15, 2019 10:07 pm

Nagi leaves with Phi following.

---
Aeolus & Phoenix

---
Xero & (Priest)
Arcthurus
Mafioso
Mafioso

Postby Arcthurus » Tue Oct 15, 2019 10:08 pm

To the rest of you, PMs.

---
Aeolus & Phoenix

---
Xero & (Priest)
Arcthurus
Mafioso
Mafioso

Postby Arcthurus » Fri Oct 18, 2019 10:28 pm

---
Aeolus & Phoenix

---
Xero & (Priest)
Arcthurus
Mafioso
Mafioso

Postby Arcthurus » Sat Oct 19, 2019 9:31 pm

Arcthurus wrote:

Bones grabs Bastian by the wrist and leads him to the Terrace, Phi following after them. Together they take the elevator to the 99th floor of Larkspur Hotel, and they walk to the 999th Door.

Arcthurus wrote:

Shimi arrives. She looks... different.

She holds in hand four cards. She shows the cards to Bastian, Bones and Phi, who stand before Room 999's door.
The cards are black playing cards, they all have jokers: one of Diamonds, one of Hearts, one of Clubs, one of Spades.
The Diamonds card has a red 'R' on the back. The other three each have a red '9' on the back.
Nellyfox wrote:Where's Nagi?
Arcthurus wrote:Phi looks at the door. It seems locked, and openable through a keycard reader. She also sees a painting besides the door depicting well-dressed people, left to right, two women and two men playing cards. The women wear red, and the men wear black.
renetear wrote:I... I really don't want to talk about it...
Nellyfox wrote:What did you do to her?
XerxesLeFan wrote:Kogane? What?
renetear wrote:I DID NOTHING TO HER!
Those goddamn assholes, Pat and Scriv, they shot her while she was trying to protect me. I don't think I need to say what happened afterward.
Nellyfox wrote:What the fuck?
Nellyfox wrote:...What the fuck? Are you fucking with me?
renetear wrote:No. I'm not.
All three of them are six feet under now.
Nellyfox wrote:You fucking killed them?
XerxesLeFan wrote:I...I'm so sorry....
renetear wrote:Are you even listening? Yes, I had to, what else was I supposed to do? Just let those fuckers kill me too? I thought maybe I could even save Nagi but it was for fucking nothing... Not even reversing time was on my side...
Nellyfox wrote:I AM fucking listening but I can't fucking believe it! Christ!

...Nagi's gone? For fucking real?
Nellyfox wrote:...

scowls

Fuck. Okay. So what's next? It's just us three and that Moon chick. We have to get in this room? Do you have the keycard?
renetear wrote:Yea, she's gone...

I'm assuming these 4 cards are themselves the keycard but... I'm not actually sure how to work it.
Nellyfox wrote:Have you tried scanning the cards to see if it even reacts?
Arcthurus wrote:Shimi scans a sequence of cards, but it doesn't seem to work.

Bones pulls out a work tool and puts apart the cardreader. They fiddle with the wiring behind it and manage to trigger something as the door makes a sound.
Nellyfox wrote:Let's go.
renetear wrote:I guess that works
XerxesLeFan wrote:Thats....ok. One way to do it. Hell yeah.

Arcthurus wrote:

You walk through the door. You are greeted by a fancy modern office in the shape of a semicircle. The flat end has a pair of bookshelves, classy art deco, and a wide holographic screen turned on and displaying several places throughout the city, some of which have bodies on camera of people you recognize. The curved end is a glass wall with access to a patio overlooking the whole cityscape. In the middle is a large and oval table with chairs for meetings. To one side is an office desk with a computer.

On top of the table lies a chest, completely made of gold. The sides of it depict some kind of scene, along with inscriptions in a language you cannot decipher. The chest lid is halfway open.

Spoiler:
renetear wrote:I have a feeling we should really not open that...
Arcthurus wrote:
renetear wrote:I have a feeling we should really not open that...

Arcthurus wrote:Shimi, Bastian, Bones and Phi all look at the screens.

They see the body of Moon. She is dead at the Rec Lobby, her tight almost completely cut off, and a deep stab on the back. They also look an awful shade of green.

They see the bodies of Nagi, Pat, and Scrivano by the promenade.
Pat is fallen on the ground, blood pooling around their shot off head, a single bullet wound between the eyes.
Scrivano is fallen just further the promenade path, blood pooled around their head and neck -- the head with multiple bullet holes, the neck sliced off, and several wounds on his chest. Near his body is a spider-like robot named Pieck, but none of the four know it's name.
Nagi has her chest severely bruised, as if caught in a blast, and lays on a pool of blood. She has a strained but happy smile, her head resting on the section of the clearing where the grass turns to rock, right around the base of the Monolith at the end of the promenade.
Nellyfox wrote:Jesus fucking Christ.
XerxesLeFan wrote:Shit. Shit. They got her. God damn it all to hell.

---
Aeolus & Phoenix

---
Xero & (Priest)
Arcthurus
Mafioso
Mafioso

Postby Arcthurus » Sat Oct 19, 2019 9:34 pm

Bones inspects the computer. Fortunately, there is no password protection.

Therein they find the files of multiple people. They don't recognize the names and faces of most of them. There are just too many files and subjects and articles to slog through, with seemingly no apparent connection. They date about events all around the world, about conflicts in countries gone down in history.

From what they can piece together however, they figure there's some kind of reoccurring event-- an episode of sorts, that marks certain events as specifically important. But whatever it is seems too vague or outright nonsensical.

And then, Bones finds a particular folder, containing a particular set of files.

"Nosedive"

The folder contains files about themselves -- not only Bones, but everyone who participated in this game. It contains their physical description, their background, their physical and mental capabilities, their professions, their skills, abilities and traits acquired throughout their lives.

---
Aeolus & Phoenix

---
Xero & (Priest)
Arcthurus
Mafioso
Mafioso

Postby Arcthurus » Sat Oct 19, 2019 9:45 pm

Bones takes a look through Sebastian's personal file. It contains details about their life as a Rockerboy and the outright magical powers he has over thousands of fans through charisma and music, under a pseudonym 'Bastian'.

Sebastian approaches the gold chest.

You remove the lid from the chest. Inside you find only some papers. You begin perusing through them. They seem to be coordinates, and a guide depicting how to retrieve what is referred to as a "Piece of the Ark" whatever that is. There are also attached pictures, where you see the very gold chest you found, albeit half buried and in the process of being dug up. Something seems amiss though, they refer to a place called "Berlin" and you are quite sure that city no longer is called that way-- it was renamed as the Dragon City, and it's now a part of the Freedom Axis. The dates are all wrong as well, about sixty years off. October Twenty, 2019. How strange.

You look over one last piece of paper. It has the Architect's symbol. Sebastian's eyes touch it, and dozens of images flash on his mind, too fast to comprehend. They suddenly come to a stop, and he stumbles, leaning on the table for support. The Adjuntant speaks once more in your minds.

"I see. You have come here after all. Perhaps it's fate."

---
Aeolus & Phoenix

---
Xero & (Priest)
Arcthurus
Mafioso
Mafioso

Postby Nellyfox » Sat Oct 19, 2019 9:47 pm

No fucking way.
Nellyfox
[Forum Mafia V] Winner
[Forum Mafia V] Winner

Postby renetear » Sat Oct 19, 2019 9:48 pm

Holy hell, are you alright Arty? What just happened to you?
“Don't be scared, it's just a friendly game, right?"
renetear

Postby XerxesLeFan » Sat Oct 19, 2019 9:51 pm

I-I don't know. Give me a moment.

Spoiler:
ImageImageImage
【Horane - Lucius - Phoenix】
chubee wuz heer
XerxesLeFan
Christmas 2016 Winner
Christmas 2016 Winner

Location: ᴄᴏᴍᴇ ᴏɴ ᴀɴᴅ ʟᴀʏ ᴡɪᴛʜ ᴍᴇ, ᴄᴏᴍᴇ ᴏɴ ᴀɴᴅ ʟɪᴇ ᴛᴏ ᴍᴇ, ᴛᴇʟʟ ᴍᴇ ʏᴏᴜ ʟᴏᴠᴇ ᴍᴇ, ꜱᴀʏ ɪ'ᴍ ᴛʜᴇ ᴏɴʟʏ ᴏɴᴇ

Postby Arcthurus » Sat Oct 19, 2019 10:07 pm

The holographic screen turns on. The Adjutant appears on it.

"Let me answer a few pending questions."

"My name is Dokuta Onishi. I am a high-rank government official, responsible for a particular branch of the military's R&D. I have been responsible for much of this metropolis' growth since it's inception. I am very patriotic and believe Kagutsuchi has been under great danger due to the Signs War -- The Western Confederacy, the Eastern Covenant, and the Freedom Axis all wished for Kagutsuchi's support, but would be ready to use their weapons of mass destruction against us the moment a side was chosen. To preserve ourselves, I had to buy time, until we had a way to take war into our own hands. Tonight, we will make our move. But do not concern yourself with such."

"The Architect is a person whose identity is unknown to me. Maybe they are more than one person, or simply a symbol for an organization, and no such Architect exists. They contacted me and other government officials of Kagutsuchi and have worked alongside us for the past few years through their agents. To maintain Kagutsuchi's self-dependency, we agreed to work together. For the past years, the Agents have worked with us to carry out games such as the one you played tonight. It is an intricate and frankly seemingly unnecessary roundabout way of simply coercing lowlifes into doing our government's bidding, but we chose to abide by it -- the Architect has had an unnatural way of simply being correct on every prediction of our enemies' movements. Their eyes and ears are everywhere. The Architect has shown us a path to guide humanity into a better future, and we are the ones to do so."

"As for the rewards of these tasks: the first person to arrive at the gold chest before you would earn a non-game ending, single person, Escape card. It would allow them to escape, no matter what other conditions they believed needed to be followed. And for all the others left behind still playing the game, but who had participated in the tasks, they would earn items that would grant them a fair advantage over the final stretch. However, none of that will be necessary. All of you have 6 KP currently, and there is no need for this to continue. You now deserve your reward, fair and square. I'm a man of my promise."

"You have won the game. All other players have been eliminated. You are free to make your way to either Monolith. The Architect has stated your arrival there will mark the official end of the game. This... is another condition I chose rather not to question."
Last edited by Arcthurus on Sat Oct 19, 2019 10:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

---
Aeolus & Phoenix

---
Xero & (Priest)
Arcthurus
Mafioso
Mafioso

Postby Nellyfox » Sat Oct 19, 2019 10:11 pm

You heard the man. We won. Let's not waste any time. Fuck knows what's going to happen to us if we hang around this dump.

I'm going.
Nellyfox
[Forum Mafia V] Winner
[Forum Mafia V] Winner

Postby renetear » Sat Oct 19, 2019 10:16 pm

That's really it huh... it just... feels like we missed something, something important.
But I guess none of that matters anymore.
“Don't be scared, it's just a friendly game, right?"
renetear

PreviousNext

Return to VLDR