Logout notification

Suggestions you have for the Trial System go here.

Logout notification

Postby Jerme » Wed Apr 13, 2016 4:45 am

I guess this is a common problem: You would like to vote on a report, after being inactive and as a result the messagebox "You need to be logged in to vote on reports" appears. After refreshing the viewed report is buried/gone. So I suggest two things; the first is a notification, that the juror is logged out due to inactivity (similar to the one the game has) and the second would be the option to reconned without refreshing to be able to judge the currently displayed report.

What are your opinions?
Disclaimer: I try to abide by the game's softfilter and use the appropriate replacements, when I am using the forums. Those will be set in brackets. Example: [tarnation]
Visit my role suggestions and give me feedback: http://www.blankmediagames.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=28949

Visit the Testing Grounds
Occupation: A developers pain and joy (QA-fox), currently "hired" by Ralozey
Jerme
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Logout notification

Postby Kirgo » Wed Apr 13, 2016 9:03 am

I am not sure how exactly the system works but I think the report will be skipped due to inactivity.
So, nothing wrong happens to the report or to the juror.
I think this is not a real problem and you know the saying.
If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

Someone else will deal with the report you missed. No harm done.
Favourie roles: Witch, Transporter, Consigliere, Executioner
My two commandments:
1. Be cool.
2. Don't be an asshole.

I usually go with the name Copper.
Kirgo
Disguiser
Disguiser

Postby Jerme » Wed Apr 13, 2016 10:09 am

Sure it is not broken, but it would make using it more comfortable. I oftne had the situation that I viewed a report in vain (due to logout).
There were other suggestiosn which only supported the jurors comfort, for example showing also the IGN of the reported player.
Disclaimer: I try to abide by the game's softfilter and use the appropriate replacements, when I am using the forums. Those will be set in brackets. Example: [tarnation]
Visit my role suggestions and give me feedback: http://www.blankmediagames.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=28949

Jerme
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby TurdPile » Wed Apr 13, 2016 1:13 pm

This is a good QoL change. Now if I could only figure out how to determine the time it takes to time a user out :?
I have mostly rescinded my role as Admin.

All previous contact should instead be redirected to Flavorable.

If your inquiry doesn't directly have to do with Trial 2.0 or TrialBot, then please refrain from messaging.

Thank you.
TurdPile
Vampire
Vampire

Postby Jerme » Wed Apr 13, 2016 1:43 pm

Do you use cookies for the login? If yes one juist could look how long the cookies exist before they get discarded, otherwise, do you use the same mechanism which was used for ToS? That time is roughtly 30 minutes...

Jerme
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby TurdPile » Wed Apr 13, 2016 5:16 pm

It isn't a cookie, and the session cookie is end of session; its something PhpBB based, just not sure where.

If your inquiry doesn't directly have to do with Trial 2.0 or TrialBot, then please refrain from messaging.

Thank you.
TurdPile
Vampire
Vampire

Postby Jerme » Wed Apr 13, 2016 9:29 pm

Can you work with a logfile? Something like (timestamp) login, (timestamp)logout?

Jerme
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby LevinSnakesRise » Thu Apr 14, 2016 12:11 pm

Considering the Trial System, just like the game, relies on the forums, which is phpBB ran, the timeout probably will be difficult to add. Chris could look into it more after the Beta is finished as QoL, as he mentioned. :)
Please contact BMG with any questions regarding your account issues;
support@blankmediagames.zendesk.com

Thanks.
LevinSnakesRise
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Jerme » Wed Apr 20, 2016 12:15 am

I now encoutered a rare occasion; I went afk the time I have judged on a report, but did not click the "ok"-Button in the "Your vote have been received, thanks"-message. Now that I have clicked it, I was logged out and got the message "You have to be logged in to view reports". Now it is 'stuck' again in 'loading reports', I suggest that in this occasion the "loading reports" shall be replaced with "please refresh the page" or "you are logged out".

Jerme
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby TurdPile » Wed Apr 20, 2016 8:57 am

Jerme wrote:I now encoutered a rare occasion; I went afk the time I have judged on a report, but did not click the "ok"-Button in the "Your vote have been received, thanks"-message. Now that I have clicked it, I was logged out and got the message "You have to be logged in to view reports". Now it is 'stuck' again in 'loading reports', I suggest that in this occasion the "loading reports" shall be replaced with "please refresh the page" or "you are logged out".

Please create a bug post, as I think this is more considered a bug :)

Thank you.
TurdPile
Vampire
Vampire

Return to Trial System Suggestions