bug on trial system

Bug reports for the Trial System

bug on trial system

Postby nullusername » Sat Feb 06, 2021 11:22 am

I've been playing ToS for a short time. Played like ~100 games and i got my first report:
https://www.blankmediagames.com/Trial/viewReport.php?id=3287187

What is wrong here?
As an investigator i investigated player 4 in n2 and i got result "framer, vampire, jester". But what? In logs there is nothing about my n2 action. I asked it one of judge via pm and the answer I got is that:
The report log does not show that you investigated 4 during Night 2.

So you probably forgot to, or were trying to frame him yourself to make him look suspicious.


Shocked!
But according to the report logs the judge was completely right. If I were a judge, I would definitely consider this report guilty.

I figured it out later:
İf an investigator investigate framed target during night it will not be shown on report logs.
I found this example:
https://www.blankmediagames.com/Trial/viewReport.php?id=3273845
This is another framer game, 13 is investigator. In n1 he seems not investigate at night, but when he died n3 his will says he investigate 10 in n1 and find result as framer,jester.

I think this is a bug and it needs to be fixed urgently as it can directly affect the judges' judgements.
nullusername
Executioner
Executioner
 
Posts: 20
Joined: Thu Jan 14, 2021 5:55 am

Re: bug on trial system

Postby Hagg1s » Sat Feb 06, 2021 1:14 pm

nullusername wrote:I've been playing ToS for a short time. Played like ~100 games and i got my first report:
https://www.blankmediagames.com/Trial/viewReport.php?id=3287187

What is wrong here?
As an investigator i investigated player 4 in n2 and i got result "framer, vampire, jester". But what? In logs there is nothing about my n2 action. I asked it one of judge via pm and the answer I got is that:
The report log does not show that you investigated 4 during Night 2.

So you probably forgot to, or were trying to frame him yourself to make him look suspicious.


Shocked!
But according to the report logs the judge was completely right. If I were a judge, I would definitely consider this report guilty.

I figured it out later:
İf an investigator investigate framed target during night it will not be shown on report logs.
I found this example:
https://www.blankmediagames.com/Trial/viewReport.php?id=3273845
This is another framer game, 13 is investigator. In n1 he seems not investigate at night, but when he died n3 his will says he investigate 10 in n1 and find result as framer,jester.

I think this is a bug and it needs to be fixed urgently as it can directly affect the judges' judgements.


Bruh you didn't even get guiltied - you can't stop people from falsely reporting you. It is clearly a bug that needs to be fixed, but the innocence of thousands of TOS players is not being held back because of it
no
Hagg1s
Veteran
Veteran
 
Posts: 415
Joined: Thu Jun 01, 2017 8:19 am

Re: bug on trial system

Postby nullusername » Sat Feb 06, 2021 1:44 pm

If the evidence is wrong, how can a correct judgment be reached?
nullusername
Executioner
Executioner
 
Posts: 20
Joined: Thu Jan 14, 2021 5:55 am

Re: bug on trial system

Postby Hagg1s » Sat Feb 06, 2021 1:47 pm

nullusername wrote:If the evidence is wrong, how can a correct judgment be reached?


Was an incorrect judgement reached, requiring correction? no.

Other factors are considered when judging reports. This one is clearly inno. This one is easily disproveable without the "13 visited 4 n2" message because of what was said in maf chat the night before.
no
Hagg1s
Veteran
Veteran
 
Posts: 415
Joined: Thu Jun 01, 2017 8:19 am

Re: bug on trial system

Postby nullusername » Sat Feb 06, 2021 2:05 pm

It is not the point. Clearly this is not an appeal about my report, i just make feedback about trial system bug (or whatever it is) that may cause mis-judgments.
nullusername
Executioner
Executioner
 
Posts: 20
Joined: Thu Jan 14, 2021 5:55 am

Re: bug on trial system

Postby Hagg1s » Sun Feb 07, 2021 8:20 am

nullusername wrote:It is not the point. Clearly this is not an appeal about my report, i just make feedback about trial system bug (or whatever it is) that may cause mis-judgments.


And you are right to report the bug, but you are wrong assuming that it will cause mis-judgements
no
Hagg1s
Veteran
Veteran
 
Posts: 415
Joined: Thu Jun 01, 2017 8:19 am

Re: bug on trial system

Postby Jerme » Sun Feb 07, 2021 11:15 am

I'll go ahead and move the thread into a possibly more appropriate subforum.
Disclaimer: I try to abide by the game's softfilter and use the appropriate replacements, when I am using the forums. Those will be set in brackets. Example: [tarnation]
Visit my role suggestions and give me feedback: http://www.blankmediagames.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=28949

Visit the Testing Grounds
Occupation: A developers pain and joy (QA-fox), currently "hired" by Ralozey
User avatar
Jerme
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
 
Posts: 27429
Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2015 2:09 pm


Return to Trial System Bug Reports

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest