Anarchist (+6900 views!)

Old Role Ideas

Re: Anarchist (+1200 views!)

Postby jlap231 » Sun Mar 08, 2015 2:16 pm

Maybe the Anarchist can only double the votes for a single person he select without any message to tell the town? This way, if a confirmed mayor vote to lynch a person, he can choose to double the votes for another person and this way, someone else have a chance to get lynched. I'm pretty sure this would cause way more anarchy than simply doubling the votes for everyone since most of the time people the mayor select go on trial anyway even without doubling his vote.
jlap231

Re: Anarchist (+1200 views!)

Postby InsaneSmile » Sun Apr 19, 2015 10:03 pm

That would be helpful to the one person but for most of the game one vote doesnt change too much.
Special thanks to Burgy and Parker for their amazing artwork!
Check out my Guide to Hosting
DizzyWaddleDoo wrote:Starting to think your smile isn't the only thing that's insane.
My custom role...
Anarchist

Rest in Peace Spirit.
InsaneSmile
Retributionist
Retributionist

Re: Anarchist (+1500 views!)

Postby InsaneSmile » Wed Apr 29, 2015 6:06 am

ImAnTroll wrote:If this was added would be my most goddamn favorite role. Why? Because the Random Lynch train has no brakes :^) Jokes aside i think this role is really interesting because of the key element that makes me love certain roles like Mark17's Corrupted Banker. It relies on other people and their behavior in the game so good work man ;)

Thats actually what I wanted to create. To add panic and franticness to lynches, or even more so than there already is.
DizzyWaddleDoo wrote:Starting to think your smile isn't the only thing that's insane.
My custom role...
Anarchist

Rest in Peace Spirit.
InsaneSmile
Retributionist
Retributionist

Re: Anarchist (+1600 views!)

Postby EmeraldInfern02 » Fri May 08, 2015 1:33 pm

Suggestions for Abilities-

*Select someone each night to effect their voting rights through Anarchy
-Jester's voting power increases to 3
-Godfather's vote is nullified to worthless (0)
-Revealed Mayor's vote goes down to 1
-Generic Town Members' Innocent Vote will count twice
-Mafia Members' guilty vote will not count
-Neutral Roles vote will increase to 2

This doesn't remain forever. This effect only lasts the day after you visit someone. Only one person is effected at a time unless there are multiple Anarchist.
when visited by Anarchist and effected you will get the notifaction "An Anarchist inspired you to change the government last night!"
Hope you add these suggestions as you couldn't find out what the abilities should be. They are balanced and fit! Cheers! :)

EmeraldInfern02
Lookout
Lookout

Re: Anarchist (+1600 views!)

Postby InsaneSmile » Sun May 31, 2015 9:31 pm

EmeraldInfern02 wrote:Suggestions for Abilities-

*Select someone each night to effect their voting rights through Anarchy
-Jester's voting power increases to 3
-Godfather's vote is nullified to worthless (0)
-Revealed Mayor's vote goes down to 1
-Generic Town Members' Innocent Vote will count twice
-Mafia Members' guilty vote will not count
-Neutral Roles vote will increase to 2

This doesn't remain forever. This effect only lasts the day after you visit someone. Only one person is effected at a time unless there are multiple Anarchist.
when visited by Anarchist and effected you will get the notifaction "An Anarchist inspired you to change the government last night!"
Hope you add these suggestions as you couldn't find out what the abilities should be. They are balanced and fit! Cheers! :)

But then if someone saw you voting and saw your number was different, your role wouldve been revealed.
My custom role...
Anarchist

Rest in Peace Spirit.
InsaneSmile
Retributionist
Retributionist

Re: Anarchist (+2000 views!)

Postby destawaits » Tue Mar 22, 2016 4:59 am

Who will the Anarchist win with? The Jester and the Executioner can win with anyone, so I suggest that the Anarchist can win with anyone, and all the other roles may spare the Anarchist.

Spoiler:
destawaits
Serial Killer
Serial Killer

Postby GifttheGiver » Tue Mar 22, 2016 6:23 am

I assume this is neutral evil, yes? I'm gonna start by saying the double votes thing is not a good idea. It would be like everyone rolling the role 'Mayor' and revealing. I think it would do something like, if you try to vote, it would say 'You were visited by an anarchist at night, you can't vote!' so they lose their ability to vote, like the blackmailer when blackmailing someone. It would be really disastrous to the town and mafia.
GifttheGiver
Veteran
Veteran

Postby destawaits » Tue Mar 22, 2016 6:56 am

The Anarchist can wreck havoc on the Town, Mafia, and the Neutral. So the town should not win with the Anarchists due to it being a Witch-like role. (If I'm following the original idea. Plus, I feel this is a dead thread. Now did I just necropost... whelp, I did. Sorry.)

Spoiler:
destawaits
Serial Killer
Serial Killer

Re: Anarchist (+3500 views!)

Postby InsaneSmile » Tue Mar 22, 2016 7:53 am

Well Im glad people are still looking at my role. And they can win with anyone as long as those roles are killed before thry die.
My custom role...
Anarchist

Rest in Peace Spirit.
InsaneSmile
Retributionist
Retributionist

Postby RetralMega » Tue Mar 22, 2016 8:12 am

Seems like a buffed Executioner but without being given names.
RetralMega
Patron
Patron

Postby BruceyBoyo » Thu Mar 24, 2016 9:13 pm

I'd suggest, since the Anarchist hates order, that rather than double all votes, it should make every player's vote count as 2, including the revealed mayor. Normally, I assume the mayor's vote is respected more than others due to his position, but during the "riot" started by the Anarchist, nobody listens to the "official" leader any more than each other. (Maybe even a detrimental effect on a revealed Mayor, like blackmailing them or something, so that the "order" of a mayor game was shot down.) Or maybe, have it make every vote anonymous too, so the Mafia could lynch the Mayor in the resulting chaos? (This would require some bias towards Guilty, though... but anonymous votes and a bias towards a Guilty verdict are pretty typical of the riot/lynchmob the anarchist is creating, and it wouldn't be entirely unrealistic for a town in chaos to lynch its own leader while blinded by rage...)

Sorry, I feel like I'm spamming my own ideas all over this. But it is, really, one of the best role suggestions I can see. Especially in being a Neutral Evil who can't just camp out with the mafia all game, thus making an NE+NK combo more likely - as it is, it's pretty rare for anyone to team up with a Neutral Killing role, which makes the game all the harder for them. Having an extra voter teaming up with the Neutral Killer could be a game-changer, especially with double-votes in effect.
BruceyBoyo
Survivor
Survivor

Postby InsaneSmile » Sat Mar 26, 2016 1:58 pm

BruceyBoyo wrote:I'd suggest, since the Anarchist hates order, that rather than double all votes, it should make every player's vote count as 2, including the revealed mayor. Normally, I assume the mayor's vote is respected more than others due to his position, but during the "riot" started by the Anarchist, nobody listens to the "official" leader any more than each other. (Maybe even a detrimental effect on a revealed Mayor, like blackmailing them or something, so that the "order" of a mayor game was shot down.) Or maybe, have it make every vote anonymous too, so the Mafia could lynch the Mayor in the resulting chaos? (This would require some bias towards Guilty, though... but anonymous votes and a bias towards a Guilty verdict are pretty typical of the riot/lynchmob the anarchist is creating, and it wouldn't be entirely unrealistic for a town in chaos to lynch its own leader while blinded by rage...)

Sorry, I feel like I'm spamming my own ideas all over this. But it is, really, one of the best role suggestions I can see. Especially in being a Neutral Evil who can't just camp out with the mafia all game, thus making an NE+NK combo more likely - as it is, it's pretty rare for anyone to team up with a Neutral Killing role, which makes the game all the harder for them. Having an extra voter teaming up with the Neutral Killer could be a game-changer, especially with double-votes in effect.

I do like the idea of counting each vote as too, will hurt the mayor quite a bit.

Kirize12 wrote:It's really specific and situational. I don't like it.

Want to be more specific?
My custom role...
Anarchist

Rest in Peace Spirit.
InsaneSmile
Retributionist
Retributionist

Postby Wzombie » Sun Mar 27, 2016 7:48 am

What would the win conditions look like?

I mean, what would it say in the box that pops up when you hover over the rolecard?

You win with:
Town
Mafia
Serial Killer
Werewolf
Survivor
Arsonist
Witch
Vampire

You must kill:
Mayor
Jailor
Investigators
Sheriffs
Godfather
Consigiere

You may spare anyone else.

Like that?
I usually go by the IGN "Linen Mather"

I blame PewDiePie

Check out my Courier Role

Spoiler:

VucubCaquix wrote:Our juice was already diluted with water. More water has been added, but the juice has long been too watery for a parrot like me to drink. And thus, nothing was truly changed.

-These words of wisdom are about the influx of new players brought upon us by the YouTubers.
Wzombie
Bodyguard
Bodyguard

Postby InsaneSmile » Mon Mar 28, 2016 11:49 am

Kirize12 wrote:
InsaneSmile wrote:Goal: See all who maintain organization die. Includes: Consigiliere, Godfather, Investigators, Jailor, Mayor, and Sheriff.

Specific roles.

Roles as in many roles. The made up roles that don't work well are those that only focuses on one role. This one focuses on 6 and maybe more.

Wzombie wrote:What would the win conditions look like?

I mean, what would it say in the box that pops up when you hover over the rolecard?

You win with:
Town
Mafia
Serial Killer
Werewolf
Survivor
Arsonist
Witch
Vampire

You must kill:
Mayor
Jailor
Investigators
Sheriffs
Godfather
Consigiere

You may spare anyone else.

Like that?

And yeah that looks great!
My custom role...
Anarchist

Rest in Peace Spirit.
InsaneSmile
Retributionist
Retributionist

Postby Cenas4life » Wed Jul 27, 2016 10:11 pm

I really like this idea! It sounds like it could be really cool, but I would make it to where the anarchist only doubles the votes of people he chooses in order to create even more chaos!
Spoiler: https://www.blankmediagames.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=48645

I really need players for this one! Please Join! Castle Mayhem!
Spoiler: https://www.blankmediagames.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=48781

Check out my role the Tailor
Spoiler: https://www.blankmediagames.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=47868
Cenas4life
Jailor
Jailor

Postby InsaneSmile » Wed Jul 27, 2016 10:12 pm

Cenas4life wrote:I really like this idea! It sounds like it could be really cool, but I would make it to where the anarchist only doubles the votes of people he chooses in order to create even more chaos!

Thanks man and I don't know about that, because then he could heavy favor a side, rather than just create chaos.
My custom role...
Anarchist

Rest in Peace Spirit.
InsaneSmile
Retributionist
Retributionist

Postby Cenas4life » Wed Jul 27, 2016 10:55 pm

InsaneSmile wrote:
Cenas4life wrote:I really like this idea! It sounds like it could be really cool, but I would make it to where the anarchist only doubles the votes of people he chooses in order to create even more chaos!

Thanks man and I don't know about that, because then he could heavy favor a side, rather than just create chaos.

True he would be able to easily choose sides then which would make him way to overpowered.
Spoiler: https://www.blankmediagames.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=48645

I really need players for this one! Please Join! Castle Mayhem!
Spoiler: https://www.blankmediagames.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=48781

Check out my role the Tailor
Spoiler: https://www.blankmediagames.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=47868
Cenas4life
Jailor
Jailor

Postby InsaneSmile » Tue Dec 20, 2016 12:45 pm

Cenas4life wrote:
InsaneSmile wrote:

True he would be able to easily choose sides then which would make him way to overpowered.

Agreed and it would take away the chaos he normally causes.
My custom role...
Anarchist

Rest in Peace Spirit.
InsaneSmile
Retributionist
Retributionist

Re: Anarchist (+6100 views!)

Postby Destination1 » Wed Dec 21, 2016 2:15 pm

All I would really suggest is moving it to Neutral Chaos. It would also be cool if they could disable someone from voting, like have the double votes a sun ability and the vote disable a night ability.
Destination1
Jester
Jester

Postby AwezomePozzum9265 » Wed Dec 28, 2016 5:24 pm

This really isn't that great of an idea because the town will always be killing the other confirmed townies just so they can win quicker which doesn't really work. That leaves the Mafioso to gamethrow the rest of the Mafia this finishing and winning the game. It's to easy to hack
"I may be young but I feel old and I wake up in the morning and my back hurts." - Me
Send me a friend request on Town of Salem @ AwezomePozzum9265
My favorite roles are Necromancer, Juggernaut, Hypnotist and Plaguebearer.
Usually you will find me under the name of "D" or you will find me suggesting idiotic themes, but whatever the case I will always have the coolest name.
AwezomePozzum9265

Postby sh99er » Wed Dec 28, 2016 5:32 pm

Revealed mayors vote should become 1.
Check out my ideas:
My Guardian Faction
My Elemental Faction
My Spirit Faction
My Demon Faction

After agreeing that as Godfather id have my mafioso make food for me, here was a funny response.
Jezz wrote:Godfather: mafioso, make me a sandwich
Mafioso: ...we kinda should kill one of our enemies tonight sir
Godfather: no I'm hungry fuck you
sh99er
Spy
Spy

Location: When I'm at my home....London...when I'm at boarding school...hell.

Postby InsaneSmile » Wed Dec 28, 2016 5:45 pm

AwezomePozzum9265 wrote:This really isn't that great of an idea because the town will always be killing the other confirmed townies just so they can win quicker which doesn't really work. That leaves the Mafioso to gamethrow the rest of the Mafia this finishing and winning the game. It's to easy to hack

What you just said did not make sense. Can you explain that?
My custom role...
Anarchist

Rest in Peace Spirit.
InsaneSmile
Retributionist
Retributionist

Re: Anarchist (+6200 views!)

Postby Crazyzombie168 » Wed Dec 28, 2016 9:45 pm

Seems interesting, that is all I haft to say really.
Shapeshifter Neutral Killing

viewtopic.php?f=27&t=48756
Crazyzombie168
Investigator
Investigator

Previous

Return to Role Idea Archives