Wraith [Neutral (Evil)]

Old Role Ideas

Wraith [Neutral (Evil)]

Postby DestructionII » Fri Jun 15, 2018 11:29 am

Role Idea: Wraith
You are an evil spirit who desires to suffer in order to get revenge against the town.

Alignment -
Neutral Evil

Abilities -
Get yourself killed at night, then strike back at the town and see them lose.

Attack: Basic
Defense: None
Priority: 5th

Attributes -
You can not be killed on the first night.
Once you get killed, you start with 2 charges. If you have 0 charges left, you can no longer kill.
Killing a town role will gain you 1 charge since your primary goal is to kill town.
Killing a mafia role will make you lose 1 charge since you are retaliating against the town, not the Mafia.
Killing a neutral role or a night immune (Basic defense or above) will make you lose all your charges since you feel like you are only helping town.
If you get lynched instead of killed, you can still fulfill your goal. However, you will not receive any charges.

Goal -
Get yourself killed at night, then see the town lose.
IF the town wins at the end of the game, you will lose.

IF you are still alive by the end of the game, you lose.

Investigative Results -
Investigator: Your target is a Medium, Janitor, Necromancer, Trapper, or Wraith.
Consigliere: Your target is an evil spirit whose only ambition is to see the town suffer. They must be a Wraith.
Sheriff: Your target is not suspicious.

Text -
You have X charges left.
You have decided to attack John tonight.
You evilly cackled in laughter when you killed a town member. You received one charge.
Oh dear. It seems like you killed a primary enemy of the town: a Mafia member. You lost one charge since you felt guilty of it.
Your hopes are depleted and you felt useless. You lost all your charges. (When killing a Neutral or trying to kill a Night Immune)
You were cursed by the Wraith's spirit! You have died.
John died last night. He was cursed by the
Wraith's spirit.
Last edited by DestructionII on Fri Jun 22, 2018 9:01 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Game Username: xtallllll
Forum Username: DestructionII

Role proposals: Vector, Prosecutor, Pythoness
DestructionII
Bodyguard
Bodyguard

Re: Wraith [Neutral (Evil)]

Postby GMallow » Fri Jun 15, 2018 3:59 pm

For a moment I thought this was a reverse jester until I saw the goal. This is a pretty cool and interesting role. The charges also seem really balanced along with the role itself

/support
GMallow
Amnesiac
Amnesiac

Postby DestructionII » Fri Jun 15, 2018 6:07 pm

GMallow wrote:For a moment I thought this was a reverse jester until I saw the goal. This is a pretty cool and interesting role. The charges also seem really balanced along with the role itself

/support

Thanks for your feedback. 46 views and only 1 reply. Did not expect that.

DestructionII
Bodyguard
Bodyguard

Postby BasicFourLife » Fri Jun 15, 2018 6:20 pm

1. Neutral Evil roles aren't supposed to kill, their job is to support the evils with their abilities.. killing breaks the whole meaning of them.
2. This role is extremely overpowered as in, claim Wraith Day 1, Scum kills you N1 and boom they get extra 1 KPN each night as long as you don't suck at the game. Sure TP can protect you, but then it would be an alive Evil role constantly helping Evils and whatever you do this role always hurts Town, you can't lynch/kill it at night as Town as Scum gets +1KPN and it always votes against Town and disturbs them so they cant do nothing about that too.
RNG is never good for any strategy based game. Please learn the definition of what that means, especially if you're one of the people constantly defending it.

FM / TG: 5 - 10 - 8
BasicFourLife
[Forum Mafia XVI] Winner
[Forum Mafia XVI] Winner

Postby DestructionII » Fri Jun 15, 2018 6:27 pm

BasicFourLife wrote:1. Neutral Evil roles aren't supposed to kill, their job is to support the evils with their abilities.. killing breaks the whole meaning of them.

Jester kills by getting killed. Wraith kills by getting killed. Although it can kill, it's main purpose is not to get rid of all who oppose (like most NKs).

BasicFourLife wrote:2. This role is extremely overpowered as in, claim Wraith Day 1, Scum kills you N1 and boom they get extra 1 KPN each night as long as you don't suck at the game.

DestructionII wrote:You can not be killed on the first night.

Plus, NEs are SUPPOSED to hurt town so I don't know why you are saying:

BasicFourLife wrote:and whatever you do this role always hurts Town.

In addition to that, I can make this role NK or NC since NKs and constant killing NEs paired together will add more KPN's.
However, this role's goal is to see the town lose. Not to kill everyone who oppose. Plus, if this role kills a Neutral, then its a likely loss for Wraith since all their charges are depleted.
Last edited by DestructionII on Fri Jun 15, 2018 6:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

DestructionII
Bodyguard
Bodyguard

Postby BasicFourLife » Fri Jun 15, 2018 6:30 pm

DestructionII wrote:
BasicFourLife wrote:1. Neutral Evil roles aren't supposed to kill, their job is to support the evils with their abilities.. killing breaks the whole meaning of them.

Jester kills by getting killed. Wraith kills by getting killed.

BasicFourLife wrote:2. This role is extremely overpowered as in, claim Wraith Day 1, Scum kills you N1 and boom they get extra 1 KPN each night as long as you don't suck at the game. Sure TP can protect you, but then it would be an alive Evil role constantly helping Evils and whatever you do this role always hurts Town, you can't lynch/kill it at night as Town as Scum gets +1KPN and it always votes against Town and disturbs them so they cant do nothing about that too.

In addition to that, I can make this role NK or NC since NKs and constant killing NEs paired together will add more KPN's.
However, this role's goal is to see the town lose. Not to kill everyone who oppose. Plus, if this role kills a Neutral, then its a likely loss for Wraith since all their charges are depleted.

Jester is not a true Neutral Evil, it needs to be Neutral Benign and so does Executioner. We currently have one true Neutral Evil, which is Witch.
RNG is never good for any strategy based game. Please learn the definition of what that means, especially if you're one of the people constantly defending it.

BasicFourLife
[Forum Mafia XVI] Winner
[Forum Mafia XVI] Winner

Postby DestructionII » Fri Jun 15, 2018 6:33 pm

BasicFourLife wrote:
DestructionII wrote:

BasicFourLife wrote:2. This role is extremely overpowered as in, claim Wraith Day 1, Scum kills you N1 and boom they get extra 1 KPN each night as long as you don't suck at the game. Sure TP can protect you, but then it would be an alive Evil role constantly helping Evils and whatever you do this role always hurts Town, you can't lynch/kill it at night as Town as Scum gets +1KPN and it always votes against Town and disturbs them so they cant do nothing about that too.

Jester is not a true Neutral Evil, it needs to be Neutral Benign and so does Executioner. We currently have one true Neutral Evil, which is Witch.

Sorry for editing my post. I did not know you were going to respond ASAP.

For the reasons you have mentioned, I can change this role to maybe NC? But I'm not certain if it should be NK or NC or neither of them.

DestructionII
Bodyguard
Bodyguard

Postby BasicFourLife » Fri Jun 15, 2018 6:36 pm

DestructionII wrote:
BasicFourLife wrote:
DestructionII wrote:

Sorry for editing my post. I did not know you were going to respond ASAP.

For the reasons you have mentioned, I can change this role to maybe NC? But I'm not certain if it should be NK or NC or neither of them.

We do not need any more Neutral Chaos roles in the game.

BasicFourLife
[Forum Mafia XVI] Winner
[Forum Mafia XVI] Winner

Postby DestructionII » Fri Jun 15, 2018 6:38 pm

BasicFourLife wrote:We do not need any more Neutral Chaos roles in the game.

I'm confused. Who is "we"?

DestructionII
Bodyguard
Bodyguard

Postby BasicFourLife » Fri Jun 15, 2018 6:39 pm

DestructionII wrote:

The Town of Salem

BasicFourLife
[Forum Mafia XVI] Winner
[Forum Mafia XVI] Winner

Postby Zee235 » Fri Jun 15, 2018 8:02 pm

BasicFourLife wrote:
DestructionII wrote:

The Town of Salem

Don't speak for the whole community

Anyways to keep this on topic...

Make this neutral chaos. That is all I have to say
Zee235
Spy
Spy

Re: Wraith [Neutral (Chaos)]

Postby DestroyerR225 » Sat Jun 16, 2018 12:06 pm

I don’t understand. So, just because one person thinks 2/3 of the NE roles are not “true” Neutral Evil, and because that same person thinks the game has no place for more NCs, it means this role has no alignment to fit in? Just put it as NE, you’re caring too much about criticism IMO
Anyway, this role seems interesting and balanced to me, so /support
DestroyerR225
Survivor
Survivor

Postby Zee235 » Sat Jun 16, 2018 12:11 pm

DestroyerR225 wrote:I don’t understand. So, just because one person thinks 2/3 of the NE roles are not “true” Neutral Evil, and because that same person thinks the game has no place for more NCs, it means this role has no alignment to fit in? Just put it as NE, you’re caring too much about criticism IMO
Anyway, this role seems interesting and balanced to me, so /support

Do what you think is best. This is ultimately your role.
Zee235
Spy
Spy

Postby DestroyerR225 » Sat Jun 16, 2018 12:21 pm

Not my role, it’s DestructionII’s
DestroyerR225
Survivor
Survivor

Postby triangularbrick » Sat Jun 16, 2018 12:29 pm

Zee235 wrote:
BasicFourLife wrote:
DestructionII wrote:

The Town of Salem

He's right. the community have gone out of their way to say no more Chaos alignments (just look in stickied "roles not to make" - It says very clearly here:)
Gooose26 wrote:NOTE: This thread will be the guide on the roles that should not be made if you are trying to build a balanced role. In the Role Ideas forum, you are not required to make your role balanced, but if you wish to fully balance your role, we advise you to stay clear of the following concepts and roles.

Chaos Role- Any role that is built to bring chaos to the game
Shitpost Veteran
I play FM like a retard btw
alias +LJ "+duck; +jump; -forward; +klook"
alias -LJ "-duck; -jump; -klook"

They made the lounge rules because of me! ;)
my best friend is GOOGLE and we are both Chaotic Evil's.
triangularbrick
Transporter
Transporter

Postby DestroyerR225 » Sat Jun 16, 2018 12:58 pm

triangularbrick wrote:
Zee235 wrote:
BasicFourLife wrote:
DestructionII wrote:

The Town of Salem

He's right. the community have gone out of their way to say no more Chaos alignments (just look in stickied "roles not to make" - It says very clearly here:)
Gooose26 wrote:NOTE: This thread will be the guide on the roles that should not be made if you are trying to build a balanced role. In the Role Ideas forum, you are not required to make your role balanced, but if you wish to fully balance your role, we advise you to stay clear of the following concepts and roles.

I don’t think this means “no NC roles”... it’s advising to refrain from making a role that causes chaos. Despite the name, Neutral Chaos is usually a category for roles that don’t fit in any of the other alignments. I guess you could call it “Neutral Miscellaneous”
DestroyerR225
Survivor
Survivor

Postby Zee235 » Sat Jun 16, 2018 1:11 pm

DestroyerR225 wrote:
triangularbrick wrote:
Zee235 wrote:
BasicFourLife wrote:
DestructionII wrote:

The Town of Salem

I don’t think this means “no NC roles”... it’s advising to refrain from making a role that causes chaos. Despite the name, Neutral Chaos is usually a category for roles that don’t fit in any of the other alignments. I guess you could call it “Neutral Miscellaneous”

What he said. Neutral Chaos is simply a place for neutral roles that don',t fit anywhere else. Athough NC roles can cause chaos, chaos roles simply refer to roles that ONLY bring chaos. One could argue jester is s chaos role.
Zee235
Spy
Spy

Postby DISOR3NT3D » Sat Jun 16, 2018 6:37 pm

Great idea

My add on: you cannot talk during the day or to the jailor That's all
DISOR3NT3D
Amnesiac
Amnesiac

Postby Shilster » Mon Jun 18, 2018 4:20 am

What happens if you hit a selfvesting BG?
Shilster
Werewolf
Werewolf

Postby DestructionII » Tue Jun 19, 2018 6:53 am

The BG has Basic defense, so Basic attacks would not work..

DestructionII
Bodyguard
Bodyguard

Postby Shilster » Tue Jun 19, 2018 7:31 am

Would you lose charges or not?
Shilster
Werewolf
Werewolf

Postby Chemist1422 » Tue Jun 19, 2018 11:36 am

This should be NE, as its goal is to make the town lose.
mist ~ she/her

i guess this is goodbye?
(still here for danganronpa i guess)

stop sending reports to me i'm not a tos game moderator
Chemist1422
FM Game Moderator
FM Game Moderator

Postby DestructionII » Fri Jun 22, 2018 9:01 pm

bump

DestructionII
Bodyguard
Bodyguard

Postby GoogleFeud » Sat Aug 04, 2018 4:47 am

Please ensure your content is constructive and informative, providing a reason for your opinion, whether it be positive or negative.

The post in question has been deleted.
GoogleFeud
Role Ideas Moderator
Role Ideas Moderator

Postby Mystoc » Sat Aug 04, 2018 7:46 am

preaty sure OP isnt even active last post by him was june 22 but ill bite

the first part its too ez to die so that part of the goal is bad
next is town must loose and you also have to be dead

now this is a interesting goal

the poweritself is OP AF, so you have two bullets and if you kill a town you keep your two bullets (loose 1, gain 1 same amount)

SO IN THEORY IF THIS ROLE KEEPS KILLING TOWN FROM THE GRAVE ITS HAS THE SAME KPN HAS SERIAL KILLER AND IT IITSELF CANT BE KILLED OR HANGED TO STOP THE KILLING SINCE ITS ALREADY DEAD, WHAT HAVE YOU DONE?!!

also is to forgiving since you have one mess up chance if you kill a mafia which is bad should only have one charge and even then the role is too strong

heres what i would do,

if evils kill you at night you cant kill anyone from grave but can still win if town loses ( its to ez to die at night from evils)
if town kills you at night you get 1 charge to kill people samething roles apply if you kill mafia or neutral you can no longer kill
but also after this role kills a town successfuly it has to wait a night to kill again ( so its nerfed to .5 kills a night)
Mystoc
Amnesiac
Amnesiac

Next

Return to Role Idea Archives