Role: Demoman (Fandom Forum Link)

Old Role Ideas

Role: Demoman (Fandom Forum Link)

Postby betimawesome » Sun Jun 10, 2018 2:45 pm

betimawesome

Re: Role: Demoman (Fandom Forum Link)

Postby fwogcarf » Sun Jun 10, 2018 3:01 pm

Oh my god, how do the fandom forums come up with such terrible and unbalanced roles. We don't need any more goddamn killing roles for the mafia. Next time, please put this into a rolecard, not just a link that people have to go to. I won't bother helping you if you keep doing this.
Spoiler: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1M79vYZu-WIKrW0WQ0pCISBq66DeBfSir5T7RCuy0OWY/edit?usp=sharing
We are creators of our own future

We are supporters of forces against despair

We defend against the evils of the world

We are guardians, we are strong
fwogcarf
Retributionist
Retributionist

Postby betimawesome » Sun Jun 10, 2018 5:12 pm

Hey bitch, Notice how this says "role IDEA".
betimawesome

Postby fwogcarf » Sun Jun 10, 2018 5:22 pm

betimawesome wrote:Hey #####, Notice how this says "role IDEA".

Yeah, I know that, fandom forumer who doesn't read the rules
Spoiler: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1M79vYZu-WIKrW0WQ0pCISBq66DeBfSir5T7RCuy0OWY/edit?usp=sharing

fwogcarf
Retributionist
Retributionist

Postby ARandomDouche » Sun Jun 10, 2018 5:27 pm

betimawesome wrote:https://town-of-salem.wikia.com/wiki/Thread:287146#19

Terrible idea. Let me put it in dot points.
1. It's a direct link. You could have, oh I don't know... copy and pasted it into this forums?
2. Copyright. This is based of the Demoman class from Team Fortress 2, we'll get our asses sued if we add this along with it's achievements (assuming we don't get permission from Valve)
3. It's a mafia independent killing role. It kills like werewolf sort of. The mafia have 1KPN with this you can bump it to 2KPN at least for 2 nights.

Overall, it's not formatted correctly, it's copyright and it's a mafia independent killing role which is bad for the balance of the game.

/nosupport

betimawesome wrote:Hey bitch, Notice how this says "role IDEA".

OHHHHHHHHH, you got your big boi pants on! I'm so scared off to judge your role, I better not post this.
ARandomDouche
Veteran
Veteran

Postby Sl007 » Sun Jun 10, 2018 6:56 pm

please please dont be jerks people I can explain at least some of this

on the fandom wiki of tos it says that you are not banned from making an independent mafia killing role just to balance it correctly

I personally feel that it is balanced fairly well for a independent mk

copyright is easy to change

the link is kinda annoying but is faster to do for newer people

I'm relatively new to the forums as well so take what I say with a grain of salt

also while opinions are welcome try to improve it and point out bad and good not just bad

this also may just be me but sometimes I feel like people just post on role idea pages to promote their own role ideas

anyways that's my standpoint of the matter take it or leave it
Sl007
Jester
Jester

Postby BasicFourLife » Tue Jun 12, 2018 2:17 pm

Sl007 wrote:please please dont be jerks people I can explain at least some of this

on the fandom wiki of tos it says that you are not banned from making an independent mafia killing role just to balance it correctly

I'm relatively new to the forums as well so take what I say with a grain of salt

also while opinions are welcome try to improve it and point out bad and good not just bad

this also may just be me but sometimes I feel like people just post on role idea pages to promote their own role ideas

1. You should expect criticism on the forums, extremely small amount of roles will be accepted only.
2. We will never accept a Mafia role which can kill in any way, we will never do it. Mafia's KPN is supposed to be 1, and that's how it is supposed to stay.
3. You shouldn't call someone a "bitch" who gives you fair criticism.
4. You may feel that it is balanced, but people have different viewpoints y'know.
5. Why would we bother with copyright stuff, while making unique names and lores is extremely easy to do.
RNG is never good for any strategy based game. Please learn the definition of what that means, especially if you're one of the people constantly defending it.

FM / TG: 5 - 10 - 8
BasicFourLife
[Forum Mafia XVI] Winner
[Forum Mafia XVI] Winner

Postby DestructionII » Tue Jun 12, 2018 3:23 pm

BasicFourLife wrote:
Sl007 wrote:please please dont be jerks people I can explain at least some of this

1. You should expect criticism on the forums, extremely small amount of roles will be accepted only.
2. We will never accept a Mafia role which can kill in any way, we will never do it. Mafia's KPN is supposed to be 1, and that's how it is supposed to stay.
3. You shouldn't call someone a "bitch" who gives you fair criticism.
4. You may feel that it is balanced, but people have different viewpoints y'know.
5. Why would we bother with copyright stuff, while making unique names and lores is extremely easy to do.

Very well said. You see, when you start out on this forum, you may make roles that you think fit the game, but in reality, the role does not work out.

If you have this role plus a Mafioso plus Coven plus NKs, then hell, town would obviously lose because of the huge amount of KPN (kills per night just in case you did not know).

If you are here long enough, you will look back at your old role ideas and think to yourself: "This role would have never worked." You will gain more knowledge on how to make a typically more balanced role and not an OP/UP role (most of the time since I can not gurantee it)

But anyway, do not be so angered if people hate your role idea. They see flaws that you can not see in this role.
Game Username: xtallllll
Forum Username: DestructionII

Role proposals: Vector, Prosecutor, Pythoness
DestructionII
Bodyguard
Bodyguard

Postby fwogcarf » Tue Jun 12, 2018 6:59 pm

Next time, please have your friend follow the rules

fwogcarf
Retributionist
Retributionist

Postby Soulshade55r » Tue Jun 12, 2018 7:30 pm

Mafias kpn meant to stay at 1, wtf is a Ambusher?

Anyway I agree this role isn't good or fun to play.
Mafia Killing is a strange idea I think it can work if it was not rolled as Rm but indepient Mafia roles are very not balanced, should be more for chaos games.
Favourite Roles (To play)
Spoiler: Town: Jailor
Mafia: Consort
NE: Witch
NB: Guardian Angel
Coven: Necromancer
NC: Pirate
Soulshade55r
Blackmailer
Blackmailer

Postby Blackwolfe99 » Tue Jun 12, 2018 9:58 pm

Soulshade55r wrote:Mafias kpn meant to stay at 1, wtf is a Ambusher?

Mafia Killing is a strange idea I think it can work if it was not rolled as Rm but indepient Mafia roles are very not balanced, should be more for chaos games.

Mafia crusader who has to rely on visits for kills, plus that was something created by BMG, not the forumers.
Granted, I don't hate Ambusher. I hate the 1 for 1 that comes with it.
Anyway, this role is not well balanced for the reasons previously stated.
So /nosupport

That being said, don't let the lack of support dissuade you. The roles that really stand out as balanced tend to stand the trial by fire that is taking criticism and learning proper balance.

[url=https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1MZk7o65Y-BguXn9lOU9tVijQEPUZ7iYZ?usp=drive_link
]My Role Ideas[/url]
Fair warning, I know many of the ideas in this are pretty shitty/unbalanced, but I have a lot more knowledge of role mechanics and balancing now than I did then.

Currently Working On:
- Nothing in particular, might return to rework old ideas. We'll see.

EvilPudding wrote:Interesting idea and it is balanced like the WW

/support
Blackwolfe99
Witch
Witch

Postby Sl007 » Tue Jun 12, 2018 10:47 pm

imagen amby in ranked tp dead n1 cause ambusher visited jailor (unless ret It would be a good payoff as you could then kill jailor unless ti is LO)

Ambusher is a coven exulsive mafia killing role it chooses to camp outside somebodys house dealing a basic attack to one visitor all visitors (including your victim) will learn your name it will say somthing like

"You Saw John Proctor Preparing an ambush when viseting your target"

"Here's a list of what you should try to avoid in your role. Remember, these are simply just rules that will, on usual notices, break the game by themselves. However, if your role breaks one rule but manages to exist fairly balanced, then go ahead! "

that is the header for the general guidelines for the fandom town of Salem wiki

under that is independent mafia killing

so you can "create one" its just the chances of the fourms accepting it are slim to non
Last edited by SpellChecker on Wed Jun 13, 2018 4:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Merged your posts. Please don't multi-post.
Sl007
Jester
Jester

Postby Jafetlamval17 » Wed Jun 13, 2018 12:44 am

I love seeing how Fandom users get salty when their bad roles get destroyed by the forum users. And how they just lock a thread as soon as they see an actual counter argument. ARandomDouche, you did a great job.
Edit: I need to provide feedback for the role or i'll get attacked by the mods
So, this role can raise the Mafia's KPN, and it's an independent mafia role. It has no way of fixing, it's basically a Werewolf working for the Mafia.
Last edited by Jafetlamval17 on Wed Jun 13, 2018 9:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The original Scott Hicks.
Doctor,Survivor and Spy prefered.

Space Station 13 Aka TOS in space WITH VIOLENCE AND CLOWNS. <External Link>

I was Blackmailed into placing these:
Spoiler:

Jafetlamval17
Doctor
Doctor

Postby ARandomDouche » Wed Jun 13, 2018 1:03 am

Jafetlamval17 wrote:I love seeing how Fandom users get salty when their bad roles get destroyed by the forum users. And how they just lock a thread as soon as they see an actual counter argument. ARandomDouche, you did a great job.

Yay, but you just provide feedback on the actual role so you don't get stomped on by the mods.
ARandomDouche
Veteran
Veteran

Postby Sl007 » Wed Jun 13, 2018 1:45 am

Jafetlamval17 wrote:I love seeing how Fandom users get salty when their bad roles get destroyed by the forum users. And how they just lock a thread as soon as they see an actual counter argument. ARandomDouche, you did a great job.

Oh high and mighty fourm user what ever shall I do

The fandom users are fine just most of us are new to the forums while others were strict they were not directly targeting someone or a group of people I’m saying this because it’s rude I don’t really care what you think of me if I’m just “salty” or others but if your gonna drop in actually contribute with conversation not just slamming someone for posting someone without even contributing
Sl007
Jester
Jester

Postby BasicFourLife » Wed Jun 13, 2018 2:33 am

Question: Where do you even plan on getting your role to?

Roles that break one of the rules are very often deemed unbalanced.. independent mafia killing is the one rule you should never break if you want your role to be “balanced”.
RNG is never good for any strategy based game. Please learn the definition of what that means, especially if you're one of the people constantly defending it.

FM / TG: 5 - 10 - 8
BasicFourLife
[Forum Mafia XVI] Winner
[Forum Mafia XVI] Winner

Postby lemonader666 » Wed Jun 13, 2018 3:30 am

1. Why didn't you copy and paste the role onto the thread instead of putting a link in there?
2. It's an independent mafia killing, which is unneeded and is a terrible concept. Mafia should only have 1 KPN.
3. Learn to take critism, salty boy.

I wonder if the entire community is like that. That would be so fucking amazing.

you can email me at lemonader666@gmail.com if need be
lemonader666
[Forum Mafia XVI] Winner
[Forum Mafia XVI] Winner

Postby DestructionII » Wed Jun 13, 2018 7:20 am

Sl007 wrote:imagen amby in ranked tp dead n1 cause ambusher visited jailor (unless ret It would be a good payoff as you could then kill jailor unless ti is LO)

Ambusher is a coven exulsive mafia killing role it chooses to camp outside somebodys house dealing a basic attack to one visitor all visitors (including your victim) will learn your name it will say somthing like

"You Saw John Proctor Preparing an ambush when viseting your target"

"Here's a list of what you should try to avoid in your role. Remember, these are simply just rules that will, on usual notices, break the game by themselves. However, if your role breaks one rule but manages to exist fairly balanced, then go ahead! "

that is the header for the general guidelines for the fandom town of Salem wiki

under that is independent mafia killing

so you can "create one" its just the chances of the fourms accepting it are slim to non

Dude he knows what Ambusher is. It is called Verbal Irony.
Game Username: xtallllll
Forum Username: DestructionII

Role proposals: Vector, Prosecutor, Pythoness
DestructionII
Bodyguard
Bodyguard

Postby Sl007 » Wed Jun 13, 2018 8:38 am

lemonader666 wrote:1. Why didn't you copy and paste the role onto the thread instead of putting a link in there?
2. It's an independent mafia killing, which is unneeded and is a terrible concept. Mafia should only have 1 KPN.
3. Learn to take critism, salty boy.

I wonder if the entire community is like that. That would be so fucking amazing.

If you want to know how the rest of the fandom users are just stop by and come to your own couclutions about us. I’m not trying to make anyone upset or be a complete idiot I kinda just want to help regulate this so it doesn’t get out of hand.
Sl007
Jester
Jester

Postby lemonader666 » Wed Jun 13, 2018 8:46 am

Sl007 wrote:
If you want to know how the rest of the fandom users are just stop by and come to your own couclutions about us. I’m not trying to make anyone upset or be a complete idiot I kinda just want to help regulate this so it doesn’t get out of hand.

No
Never

you can email me at lemonader666@gmail.com if need be
lemonader666
[Forum Mafia XVI] Winner
[Forum Mafia XVI] Winner

Postby betimawesome » Wed Jun 13, 2018 12:03 pm

Holy shit I get it chill out and let this die.
betimawesome

Return to Role Idea Archives