Retributionist Rework

Old Role Ideas

Retributionist Rework

Postby MoPhobia » Mon May 28, 2018 9:33 pm

Nerfing Retributionist

Why it needs to be reworked

Retributionist is overpowered(atleast in ranked). Not only does he confirm himself(by being the first to whisper the dead guy in 99% of senarios). He also brings back another confirmed(because he died) townie. That removes a whole day for mafia. That dead player can also take ALL info the dead has, so he works like a medium aswell. Aswell as all that, he can also confirm any mediums. Boom. Just like that there are atleast 2(ret + revived guy), maybe even 5(ret + revived guy + 3 mediums) confirmed players.

Rework

Retributionist takes over the revived players role, instead of reviving them. Just like an amnesiac on towns team. Call it something else ofcourse, like . Now there are NO confirmed roles because of this. The Ret can easily be CCd, and only hard proof he really has is if he Reanimates as Jailor or Vigilante(He only gets 1 execute/shot OR however many the dead Jailor/Vig had left)
I think this role change is a huge improvement.
MoPhobia
Executioner
Executioner

Re: Retributionist Rework

Postby Blackwolfe99 » Mon May 28, 2018 9:44 pm

MoPhobia wrote:Nerfing Retributionist

Retributionist is overpowered(atleast in ranked). Not only does he confirm himself(by being the first to whisper the dead guy in 99% of senarios). He also brings back another confirmed(because he died) townie. That removes a whole day for mafia. That dead player can also take ALL info the dead has, so he works like a medium aswell. Aswell as all that, he can also confirm any mediums. Boom. Just like that there are atleast 2(ret + revived guy), maybe even 5(ret + revived guy + 3 mediums) confirmed players.

Rework

Retributionist takes over the revived players role, instead of reviving them. Just like an amnesiac on towns team. Call it something else ofcourse, like . Now there are NO confirmed roles because of this. The Ret can easily be CCd, and only hard proof he really has is if he Reanimates as Jailor or Vigilante(He only gets 1 execute/shot OR however many the dead Jailor/Vig had left)

This has already been suggested as the Trauma Patient.

[url=https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1MZk7o65Y-BguXn9lOU9tVijQEPUZ7iYZ?usp=drive_link
]My Role Ideas[/url]
Fair warning, I know many of the ideas in this are pretty shitty/unbalanced, but I have a lot more knowledge of role mechanics and balancing now than I did then.

Currently Working On:
- Nothing in particular, might return to rework old ideas. We'll see.

EvilPudding wrote:Interesting idea and it is balanced like the WW

/support
Blackwolfe99
Witch
Witch

Postby ARandomDouche » Mon May 28, 2018 10:38 pm

Spoiler:
Blackwolfe99 wrote:

Rework

Is it that bad?
ARandomDouche
Veteran
Veteran

Postby BasicFourLife » Mon May 28, 2018 11:14 pm

ARandomDouche wrote: Spoiler:
Blackwolfe99 wrote:

Rework

Is it that bad?

TrPa was considered as Too Weak. Retri is better off just removed.
RNG is never good for any strategy based game. Please learn the definition of what that means, especially if you're one of the people constantly defending it.

FM / TG: 5 - 10 - 8
BasicFourLife
[Forum Mafia XVI] Winner
[Forum Mafia XVI] Winner

Postby MoPhobia » Tue May 29, 2018 4:58 pm

I dont see how this is any worse than a Medium. Its still a really good role which can allow you to be versitile and pick what you need in that situation.

Did not know this was already a thimg, I can link to the original post to give credit to creator.
Just shows its a really good idea that fixes the main problem of the ret, that now multiple people has thought of: Gives another vote/removes a day from mafia, confirms himself + whoever he revives, Gives info just like a medium would. Confirms all dead mediums.
But its still has the main thing about a ret, to get another shot at a role.

Just removing the Ret completely is also fine by me, it just needs to be nerfed / removed from ranked ASAP.

EDIT: My "Trauma patient" tho becomes the dead role forever, instead of having picking the role at the day and then becoming that role JUST for the night(two times) like the other Trauma Patient suggestions I have read. It will be just like a ret, except that you become Revived as that player so no extra vote, no confirmed alive meds, no info from dead, and not confirmed yourself
MoPhobia
Executioner
Executioner

Return to Role Idea Archives