Agent (Town Supportive)

Old Role Ideas

Agent (Town Supportive)

Postby SquireLoL » Sun May 27, 2018 9:37 am

Role Name: Agent

Role Alignment: TS (Town Supportive)

Attack: None

Defence: None

Abilities: Infiltrate the Mafia lines and collets enough information to bust them

Attributes: - You look like a Mafia member as you have infiltrated their lines

- At the start of the game, you will be given a Mafia role (Disguiser/Forger/Hypnotist/Consort/Blackmailer/Framer)

- You are not able to actually fulfil your role (you can’t blackmail as a Fake Blackmailer etc. )

Goal: Same as Town

Wins with: Same as Town

Investigative Results: - Investigator: Your target could be a (whatever role he is faking)
- Coven Leader/Potion Master/Consigliere: Your target has Infiltrated the Mafia. They must be an Agent.
- Sheriff: Your target is a member of the Mafia!

Additional information:

- Agent is a Unique Role (can be remembered by Amnesiac, in which way the Amnesiac will become an Agent, covered by the same role the agent before him was (so if mafia is stupid, they won’t notice))

- Agent is supposed to look like a mafia role, but he is actually working for Town

- Agent can’t see Names or Roles of other Mafia (he can get a good idea from their chat though) and he doesn’t know, what players have each Mafia Visit (so he doesn’t become a Spy…)

- As the Agent is unable to fulfil his role, he has to play it off smart, so the Mafia doesn’t notice

- Other Mafia members cannot visit an Agent (So MK cannot kill an Agent, unless there are no other players opposing the Mafia, then the MK will be able to visit and kill an Agent (only other way for Mafia to kill an Agent is by hanging him in the day)

- If an Agent dies, everyone, except for living Mafia members and Amnesiac, will see, that he was an Agent. Living Mafia members and Amnesiac will see the role he was “disguised” as

- He can visit other players (even fellow mafia members, which can easily reveal him) and rest of the Mafia will see, who he visited (and So will Lookouts, Trackers, Spy etc. ) (the Same way they see any other normal Mafia visit: (Agent) has decided to (Action) (Player name) Tonight.

This role is yet to be fully fleshed out, so I take any comments or recomendations to help :)

EDIT: Choose the colour for his role (should it be Red for mafia or Green for Town?)
SquireLoL
Jester
Jester

Re: Agent (Town Supportive)

Postby GoogleFeud » Sun May 27, 2018 10:27 am

The mechanic just doesn't work.There will be 5 mafia members, Mafia's gonna notice. The "can read maf chat" mechanic is also broken. They cannot communicate to eachother freely, which defeats the purpose of the mafia chat. This is an underpowered role that's also mechanically broken, unless I misunderstood the whole "appear as mafia" concept, but even if I did, the role's still very weak.
GoogleFeud
Role Ideas Moderator
Role Ideas Moderator

Postby SquireLoL » Sun May 27, 2018 12:00 pm

GoogleFeud wrote:The mechanic just doesn't work.There will be 5 mafia members, Mafia's gonna notice. The "can read maf chat" mechanic is also broken. They cannot communicate to eachother freely, which defeats the purpose of the mafia chat. This is an underpowered role that's also mechanically broken, unless I misunderstood the whole "appear as mafia" concept, but even if I did, the role's still very weak.

there wont be 5 maf, because to make it look realistic, there will be max 3 mafia + Agent. As well, mafia chat hardly even mentions Mafia names or roles and can give uselfull information, lets say if someone is immune or consig will He suppose to be able to read it, because he has to look like a normal member and if he wanst able to chat, it would seem super wierd. Finaly, the role is pretty hard to play out with smart Mafia, but I dont see, where are the mechanics broken or where it is underpowered. After all, it can freely chat with Mafia and is untill the end mafia-immune (and his role existence is mainly, so he can get chat info from stupid mafia, that for some reason mention team names)
SquireLoL
Jester
Jester

Postby GoogleFeud » Sun May 27, 2018 12:08 pm

The whole point of a mafia chat just disappears. Mafia can't discuss possible strategies, outcomes and claims, and even if an Agent is not confirmed, they most likely won't. What happens to he forth mafia slot in the rolelist then? Will there be an extra townie? Will there be only 14 players? In the current meta, it's hard to win as maf with a team of 4, imagine a team of 3 with a role that can read your chat. And now that I think about it, it's actually overpowered with the removing of the 4th mafia member.
GoogleFeud
Role Ideas Moderator
Role Ideas Moderator

Return to Role Idea Archives