Omniscience [Role]

Old Role Ideas

Omniscience [Role]

Postby iiAngelRulez » Sat May 26, 2018 10:18 pm

Role Name: Omniscience

No Defense | No Attack

Role Alignment: Coven (Evil)

Attributes:
Know a random person's role every other night.

Abilities:
You will know the player's name.
You will still know a random player's name if your are jailed, or the person you will see the role of is jailed.
This isn't a visiting role, so you can still see their roles if they are an Alerting [color=00BF40]Veteran[/color], a Werewolf who decided to guard their home, etc.

Goal: Kill all who would oppose the Coven.

Wins with:
Coven
Survivor
Pirate
Guardian Angel

Special Attributes:
Can speak and hear in Coven chat.
Bite Immune
Temporary Roleblock Immune (negates 1 roleblock)

Investigative Results: Your target could be a Investigator, Consigliere, Mayor, Tracker, Plaguebearer, or Omniscience.

Interrogation Results: Your target is a member of the Coven!

Additional Information (comments): Omniscience is a great role for Coven Ranked/Ranked Practice. It might be nerfed so it can only See a player every on Full Moon nights.

[[UPDATE LOG]]
(Concept 1.22) Overhaul. Removed Temporary Night Immunity. Removed Jailor Immunity. Removed ability to choose not to See. Temporary Roleblock Immune: 3 rb's > 1 rb
(Concept 1.21) Nerf. Defense: Basic > None
(Concept 1.2) Nerf. Defense : Elite > Basic
(Concept 1.19) Nerfed so that it cant choose a preffered target, it Sees a random player. in return, this doesn't count as a visit.
(Concept 0.01) Worked out.
Roses are red
Violets are blue
Omae wa mou shinderu.

Quote from iiAngelRulez
NANI!?
iiAngelRulez

Re: Omniscience [Role]

Postby DestructionII » Tue May 29, 2018 7:45 pm

But doesn't the CL already know people's roles by controlling them? Plus, what does this role do if it receives the Necronomicon? IMO, all coven roles should at least kill when they receive the Necronomicon.
Game Username: xtallllll
Forum Username: DestructionII

Role proposals: Vector, Prosecutor, Pythoness
DestructionII
Bodyguard
Bodyguard

Postby Blackwolfe99 » Tue May 29, 2018 8:05 pm

iiAngelRulez wrote:Role Name: Omniscience

No Defense | No Attack

Role Alignment: Coven (Evil)

Attributes:
Know a random person's role every other night. RNG Consig ability. Bad, very bad.

Abilities:
You will know the player's name.
You will still know a random player's name if your are jailed, or the person you will see the role of is jailed. Ignores Jailor's ability? Also bad.
This isn't a visiting role, so you can still see their roles if they are an Alerting [color=00BF40]Veteran[/color], a Werewolf who decided to guard their home, etc. Honestly, you've pretty much already set up this Coven aligned Psychic.

Goal: Kill all who would oppose the Coven.

Wins with:
Coven
Survivor
Pirate
Guardian Angel

Special Attributes:
Can speak and hear in Coven chat.
Bite Immune
Temporary Roleblock Immune (negates 1 roleblock) Why only immune for a single rb? Actually this role shouldn't be rb immune at all.

Investigative Results: Your target could be a Investigator, Consigliere, Mayor, Tracker, Plaguebearer, or Omniscience. This works for the role currently.

Interrogation Results: Your target is a member of the Coven!

Additional Information (comments): Omniscience is a great role for Coven Ranked/Ranked Practice. It might be nerfed so it can only See a player every on Full Moon nights. Coven already has CL and PM, it doesn't need another information gaining role, especially one so RNG based.

[[UPDATE LOG]]
(Concept 1.22) Overhaul. Removed Temporary Night Immunity. Removed Jailor Immunity. Removed ability to choose not to See. Temporary Roleblock Immune: 3 rb's > 1 rb
(Concept 1.21) Nerf. Defense: Basic > None
(Concept 1.2) Nerf. Defense : Elite > Basic
(Concept 1.19) Nerfed so that it cant choose a preffered target, it Sees a random player. in return, this doesn't count as a visit.
(Concept 0.01) Worked out.

EDIT: Also it can't kill and has no NNC buff to enable it to kill directly? That make this role even worse.
My suggestion: Work this role from the ground up, there's potential for it to become a decent coven idea.

[url=https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1MZk7o65Y-BguXn9lOU9tVijQEPUZ7iYZ?usp=drive_link
]My Role Ideas[/url]
Fair warning, I know many of the ideas in this are pretty shitty/unbalanced, but I have a lot more knowledge of role mechanics and balancing now than I did then.

Currently Working On:
- Nothing in particular, might return to rework old ideas. We'll see.

EvilPudding wrote:Interesting idea and it is balanced like the WW

/support
Blackwolfe99
Witch
Witch

Postby DestructionII » Tue May 29, 2018 8:50 pm

Just to point out that RNG is not always bad in some cases. For example, Psychic which is total RNG. RNG is I believe is used as a special code which can be difficult to implement. But yes, PM and CL already get to know people's roles.
Game Username: xtallllll
Forum Username: DestructionII

Role proposals: Vector, Prosecutor, Pythoness
DestructionII
Bodyguard
Bodyguard

Postby Blackwolfe99 » Tue May 29, 2018 9:41 pm

DestructionII wrote:Just to point out that RNG is not always bad in some cases. For example, Psychic which is total RNG. RNG is I believe is used as a special code which can be difficult to implement. But yes, PM and CL already get to know people's roles.

RNG is good for Exe and GA, not Psy. Psy is way too powerful because of its guided RNG.

[url=https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1MZk7o65Y-BguXn9lOU9tVijQEPUZ7iYZ?usp=drive_link
]My Role Ideas[/url]
Fair warning, I know many of the ideas in this are pretty shitty/unbalanced, but I have a lot more knowledge of role mechanics and balancing now than I did then.

Currently Working On:
- Nothing in particular, might return to rework old ideas. We'll see.

EvilPudding wrote:Interesting idea and it is balanced like the WW

/support
Blackwolfe99
Witch
Witch

Postby BasicFourLife » Wed May 30, 2018 6:02 am

Roles Not To Make

RNG Role - Roles that have abilities based on random number generation

- This role depends on RNG to find out someone's role. Also to balance it out it'd need to be a Consig copycat but the Coven is an aggressive faction, not a strategic one.

/no-support
RNG is never good for any strategy based game. Please learn the definition of what that means, especially if you're one of the people constantly defending it.

FM / TG: 5 - 10 - 8
BasicFourLife
[Forum Mafia XVI] Winner
[Forum Mafia XVI] Winner

Postby MCGamerXVI » Wed May 30, 2018 2:43 pm

Psychic + Consigliere for the coven.

/nosupport
MCGamerXVI

Return to Role Idea Archives