Vampire Faction Rework

Old Role Ideas

Vampire Faction Rework

Postby BasicFourLife » Tue May 22, 2018 7:55 am

This thread is focused on making Vampire more fun, less swingy and much better overall.

Conversion Rework
  • Any Vampire alive, may perform the factional conversion similar to how the factional Mafia kill would be used in ToS.
  • There can only be a maximum of 3 Vampires, the only way for there to be more is if an Amnesiac remembers a Vampire.
  • The Vampires may only convert every other night, no matter if they choose to convert someone at night, are role blocked, or their conversion fails.
  • If the converted player is a member of the Mafia, a member of the Coven, a Neutral Killing, a Neutral Chaos, or a Executioner then they will instead be attacked with a normal Basic Attack.
  • If there are 3 Vampires alive at the beginning of the night, then the converted player will instead be attacked by a Basic.
  • If you convert someone the next night that person has a choice:
  • Be converted into a Vampire, the following day seeing who the other Vampires are and the next night being able to speak in the Vampire chat and act as a normal Vampire
  • Be dealt an astral Basic Attack which cleans you and informs the Vampire who bit you of your role and will, but retaining your original Win Condition and Goal.

Role cards for all the roles

Name: Elder Vampire
Alignment: Neutral Chaos

Summary: You are the leader of the un-dead, looking for allies to take over this Town.

Abilities: Choose one person to attempt to convert on every other night.

Attributes:
- You are night immune and will appear to be a Town member to the Sheriff.
- If you have successfully bit your target, they can choose to become a Vampire or being dealt a Basic Attack from the infection, cleaning their role and will also the next night.
- If your target is a member of the Mafia, a member of the Coven, a Neutral Killing, a Neutral Chaos, or a Neutral Evil they will instead be dealt a Basic Attack.
- If you attack your target instead of attempting to convert them, you may immediately bite the next night again.
- You may choose to do the factional bite every other night.

Special Attributes:
Attack: Basic
Defense: Basic
Night Immunity
Detection Immunity

Goal: Convert or kill anyone who opposes you.

Additional Information:
TBA

Night Messages:
TBA

Sheriff Results: Your target is Not Suspicious.
Investigator Results: Your target is a Framer / Vampire / Arsonist / Hex Master.
Consigliere Results: Your target leads the un-dead. They must be the Elder Vampire.

Name: Vampire
Alignment: Neutral Chaos

Summary: A minion to the Elder Vampire, you will do anything to help them take over the Town.

Abilities: Choose one person to attempt to convert on every other night.

Attributes:
- If you have successfully bit your target, they can choose to become a Vampire or being dealt a Basic Attack from the infection, cleaning their role and will also the next night.
- If your target is a member of the Mafia, a member of the Coven, a Neutral Killing, a Neutral Chaos, or a Neutral Evil they will instead be dealt a Basic Attack.
- If you attack your target instead of attempting to convert them, you may immediately bite the next night again.
- You may choose to do the factional bite every other night.

Special Attributes:
Defense: None

Goal: Convert or kill anyone who opposes you.

Additional Information:
TBA

Night Messages:
TBA

Sheriff Results: Your target is a Vampire.
Investigator Results: Your target is a Framer / Vampire / Arsonist / Hex Master.
Consigliere Results: Your target is un-dead. They must be a Vampire.

Name: Hunter
Alignment: Town Killing

Summary: You are the Hunter, stalking for your prey. Since the Mafia have arrived at the Town, you now use your skills to hunt for them.

Abilities: Stalk someone each day.
- Choose one or two targets each night to keep a keen eye over.

Attributes:
- You will be informed if your stalked target visits one of your watched targets, but not which one.
- You will have the ability to release or kill your target the next night.
- You may stalk someone only four times.

Special Attributes:
Defense: None

Goal: Lynch every criminal and evildoer.

Additional Information:
TBA

Night Messages:
TBA

Sheriff Results: Your target is Not Suspicious.
Investigator Results: TBA
Consigliere Results: Your target stalks their prey. They must be a Hunter.

Many things are TBA atm.. I will update this later if needed.
RNG is never good for any strategy based game. Please learn the definition of what that means, especially if you're one of the people constantly defending it.

FM / TG: 5 - 10 - 8
BasicFourLife
[Forum Mafia XVI] Winner
[Forum Mafia XVI] Winner

Re: Vampire Faction Rework

Postby fwogcarf » Tue May 22, 2018 8:07 am

Alright man, time to provide some criticism

/nosupport because this overall makes vampires more OP than they already are. This also functions too much like Mafia as well
Spoiler: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1M79vYZu-WIKrW0WQ0pCISBq66DeBfSir5T7RCuy0OWY/edit?usp=sharing
We are creators of our own future

We are supporters of forces against despair

We defend against the evils of the world

We are guardians, we are strong
fwogcarf
Retributionist
Retributionist

Postby DragonClaw66 » Tue May 22, 2018 9:03 am

fwogcarf wrote:Alright man, time to provide some criticism

/nosupport because this overall makes vampires more OP than they already are. This also functions too much like Mafia as well

Vampires aren’t overpowered, they’re just unbalanced (conversion is not that good a mechanic). I also don’t see how this is like the Mafia.

Basic, I see you have used one of my investigative results. Very nice. I may hold off on my overhaul. Or maybe I won’t.
DragonClaw66
Summer 2019 Winner
Summer 2019 Winner

Postby BasicFourLife » Tue May 22, 2018 9:08 am

DragonClaw66 wrote:
fwogcarf wrote:Alright man, time to provide some criticism

Vampires aren’t overpowered, they’re just unbalanced (conversion is not that good a mechanic). I also don’t see how this is like the Mafia.

Basic, I see you have used one of my investigative results. Very nice. I may hold off on my overhaul. Or maybe I won’t.

oh i didnt realize it was one of yours.. its widely used across TG
RNG is never good for any strategy based game. Please learn the definition of what that means, especially if you're one of the people constantly defending it.

FM / TG: 5 - 10 - 8
BasicFourLife
[Forum Mafia XVI] Winner
[Forum Mafia XVI] Winner

Postby SERVAT » Mon May 28, 2018 9:04 am

Good Good... but tell me, when is the person asked if they want to join or not?

Aside from that it’s good. I suggest you name the elder vampire ‘Dracula’, and I don’t really understand the hunter role, and how it is different from the fisherman.

Plz use spoilers and don’t use bold in all the thread plz.
SERVAT
Lookout
Lookout

Postby Soulshade55r » Mon May 28, 2018 4:09 pm

Be dealt an astral Basic Attack which cleans you and informs the Vampire who bit you of your role and will, but retaining your original Win Condition and Goal.

Just no, that's not a way to sort out salt kids.
Favourite Roles (To play)
Spoiler: Town: Jailor
Mafia: Consort
NE: Witch
NB: Guardian Angel
Coven: Necromancer
NC: Pirate
Soulshade55r
Blackmailer
Blackmailer

Return to Role Idea Archives