Paradoxist Mafia Support // Parallax brings Paradoxist back

Old Role Ideas

Re: Incubus Neutral Evil // Yes, Parallax made a role

Postby Parallax7 » Mon May 21, 2018 7:37 am

dyaomaster wrote:Medium kills this role to the ground. All a medium has to do is point out "Hey, X says their soul was absorbed, X can you talk to disprove this", then once X fails to talk then X is confirmed to be dead. And if Invest results for Incubus isn't in med/jan/ret, then med is confirmed to be med (as long as there's an invest).

Except in practice that still equates to a day’s worth of utility, which is actually massively helpful for scum. Want to come again?
FM Record

3-0-5-2

Newest YouTube Video

Spoiler:

Discord: Parallax#4977
Parallax7
Christmas 2018 Winner
Christmas 2018 Winner

Location: .-. .. --. .... - / -... . .... .. -. -.. / -.-- --- ..- (EST)

Postby Seththeking » Mon May 21, 2018 7:50 am

Parallax7 wrote:
dyaomaster wrote:Medium kills this role to the ground. All a medium has to do is point out "Hey, X says their soul was absorbed, X can you talk to disprove this", then once X fails to talk then X is confirmed to be dead. And if Invest results for Incubus isn't in med/jan/ret, then med is confirmed to be med (as long as there's an invest).

Except in practice that still equates to a day’s worth of utility, which is actually massively helpful for scum. Want to come again?

I agree with the other guy about giving the soul target Basic Defence.
It's a Day manipulator so one of its main focus is to make town think its soul target is evil during the day.
Seththeking
Retributionist
Retributionist

Postby Parallax7 » Mon May 21, 2018 8:35 am

Seththeking wrote:
Parallax7 wrote:

I agree with the other guy about giving the soul target Basic Defence.
It's a Day manipulator so one of its main focus is to make town think its soul target is evil during the day.

No - that makes it too powerful, at least in its current state Vigilante can still remove it from play, and it can still interact with a Neutral Killing (Vice Versa W/ Mafia) - allowing for negative utility, which is essential for a role with such immense power.
FM Record

3-0-5-2

Newest YouTube Video

Spoiler:

Parallax7
Christmas 2018 Winner
Christmas 2018 Winner

Re: Paradoxist Mafia Support // Parallax brings Paradoxist b

Postby Parallax7 » Thu May 24, 2018 11:32 am

Incubus —> Paradoxist.

We’re bringing Para back my friends.
FM Record

3-0-5-2

Newest YouTube Video

Spoiler:

Parallax7
Christmas 2018 Winner
Christmas 2018 Winner

Postby Parallax7 » Wed May 30, 2018 9:47 pm

*Additional feedback requested. I genuinely believe this role is good for both game health and balance.
FM Record

3-0-5-2

Newest YouTube Video

Spoiler:

Parallax7
Christmas 2018 Winner
Christmas 2018 Winner

Postby BasicFourLife » Thu May 31, 2018 4:38 am

I feel like this role is strong, too strong.

- If you make everyone target the person they targeted last night.. what happens is..

All TIs will be role blocked, even better they will ALL receive fake information framing all of them pretty much..
Vigs will shoot the same target and Vets will alert again wasting an alert / bullet
If you know who the TPs protected last night, well that makes you able to kill freely
But NKs wont do anything like arso dousing the same persona again, Buthcer / SK killing the same person wasting their night..

Day ability is kind of okay? Not sure on it.. we don't need Mafia roles messing with votes

Also this role is a bit complex for the ToS style of game
RNG is never good for any strategy based game. Please learn the definition of what that means, especially if you're one of the people constantly defending it.

FM / TG: 5 - 10 - 8
BasicFourLife
[Forum Mafia XVI] Winner
[Forum Mafia XVI] Winner

Postby Parallax7 » Thu May 31, 2018 6:26 am

BasicFourLife wrote:I feel like this role is strong, too strong.

- If you make everyone target the person they targeted last night.. what happens is..

All TIs will be role blocked, even better they will ALL receive fake information framing all of them pretty much..
Vigs will shoot the same target and Vets will alert again wasting an alert / bullet
If you know who the TPs protected last night, well that makes you able to kill freely
But NKs wont do anything like arso dousing the same persona again, Buthcer / SK killing the same person wasting their night..

Day ability is kind of okay? Not sure on it..
BasicFourLife wrote:we don't need Mafia roles messing with votes

Also this role is a bit complex for the ToS style of game

Spoiler: Do you know why you’re wrong? If so, do you know the degree?

The reason you think this role is too strong ~ is because relatively speaking, most Mafia roles are weak. Framer, Forger, And Nightmarer are all terribly niche utility roles. However, when this role is compared to truly powerful roles, such as Malpractioner, Consigliere & Janitor, light is shed onto the appropriateness of this role’s strength, and if all else fails, it can be realigned to occupy Mafia(Head).

BasicFourLife wrote:we don't need Mafia roles messing with votes

Spoiler: This is simply wrong. When did you become the tell all be all who decided vote manipulation is inherently bad? Do I think controlling a player’s vote, or taking it away is appropriate? No ~ I do not. Do I think being able to interact with Town’s vote in a fashion reflective to their ability to tamper with scum’s kill is appropriate? I do. If you think Mafia shouldn’t be able to mess with votes to an extent or degree, you’re simply misinformed on how Mafia as a genre works my friend.

BasicFourLife wrote:All TIs will be role blocked, even better they will ALL receive fake information framing all of them pretty much..

Spoiler: This is legitimate misunderstanding and point blank ignorance, Basic. It clearly states in the role card, player’s who’s targets are in the graveyard will be unaffected. So Serial Killer, and Butcher, would remain mostly unaffected. Arsonist, I do agree is drawn back, but as is the entire rest of the game, Mafia barred, so Arsonist is hardly affected, realistically. Vigilante really can’t be affected by this ~ unless their target has basic defenses and typically, Vigilante will see to that player’s lynch the proceeding day. So, that’s not even really applicable. Town(Protectives) aren’t neutralized either, you act as if Mafia is aware of who was visited. Veteran, I agree is pretty fucked over by the role’s ability, but that interaction is really too reliant on chance to discredit the role, Veteran is limited and conservative after all.
FM Record

3-0-5-2

Newest YouTube Video

Spoiler:

Parallax7
Christmas 2018 Winner
Christmas 2018 Winner

Previous

Return to Role Idea Archives