Oracle (Town Support)(nod approved)

Old Role Ideas

Re: Oracle (Town Support)(nod approved)

Postby BS4125 » Sun Mar 04, 2018 8:14 am

fwogcarf wrote:This role has protective and investigative abilites? Pretty OP because it can protect a role it confirmed already to the town, whereas BG has no idea what role he's protecting

It’s protective ability is weak, if it can delay kills then it should have 1 charge since it’s more of a gamble and therefore less chance of success, if it doesn’t interfere with kills then it deserves 2 charges
Bodyguard though actually protects a kill which is way more powerful

I’m going to add as the protection ability the delaying kills with 1 charge, just because thee is a scarcity of roles that cause malicious intent when excluding killing roles

Spoiler:
lemonader666 wrote:
Seththeking wrote:
BS4125 wrote:Please post relevant posts to the topic at hand and not digress. Also please explain your opinions otherwise your contribution is sub-zero.

Oooooooo Mister Power over here!

And would you look at that, I was on the forums longer then you.

But overall the role for this topic needs work, I mean it's so bad people would rather
get off topic lol.

solola is a mod you retard
BS4125
Christmas 2018 Winner
Christmas 2018 Winner

Postby MaskedPokerFace » Sun Mar 04, 2018 9:51 am

lemonader666 wrote:This has the same problem with BG but not too similar, you're sacrificing your life to reveal someone else's identity. I like it, but it's just not really balanced. Also can you explain the poll thing? I don't get it.

A bg can guard a mafioso from NK attacks ,bg cannot reveal the roles. This roles may suggested for Coven DLC not classic.
MaskedPokerFace
Jailor
Jailor

Postby lemonader666 » Sun Mar 04, 2018 9:59 am

BS4125 wrote:This is another comparison to show that this role is weak, BG kills themselves as the Oracle does but the BG kills the attacking role whereas, if the Oracle has targeted scum, they need to waste a lynch the next day to kill them

Therefore I feel that giving this role a protective ability when dead won’t make this role OP

Yeah but this role was made to also be able to confirm town members so the protective ability is kinda too strong IMO

MaskedPokerFace wrote:
lemonader666 wrote:This has the same problem with BG but not too similar, you're sacrificing your life to reveal someone else's identity. I like it, but it's just not really balanced. Also can you explain the poll thing? I don't get it.

A bg can guard a mafioso from NK attacks ,bg cannot reveal the roles. This roles may suggested for Coven DLC not classic.

How can bg not reveal the role, it literally shows up when someone dies from it (unless there's a janitor)
Also can you learn english because the last sentence just fucked with my mind

you can email me at lemonader666@gmail.com if need be
lemonader666
[Forum Mafia XVI] Winner
[Forum Mafia XVI] Winner

Postby MaskedPokerFace » Sun Mar 04, 2018 10:03 am

bg cannot reveal roles of protected targets.
MaskedPokerFace
Jailor
Jailor

Postby BS4125 » Sun Mar 04, 2018 10:06 am

lemonader666 wrote:
BS4125 wrote:This is another comparison to show that this role is weak, BG kills themselves as the Oracle does but the BG kills the attacking role whereas, if the Oracle has targeted scum, they need to waste a lynch the next day to kill them

Therefore I feel that giving this role a protective ability when dead won’t make this role OP

Yeah but this role was made to also be able to confirm town members so the protective ability is kinda too strong IMO

Who knows, if it’s balanced it can remain TS, if it is proven to be to OP however theni think this would be a good addition to TPo

Spoiler:
lemonader666 wrote:
Seththeking wrote:
BS4125 wrote:Please post relevant posts to the topic at hand and not digress. Also please explain your opinions otherwise your contribution is sub-zero.

But overall the role for this topic needs work, I mean it's so bad people would rather
get off topic lol.

BS4125
Christmas 2018 Winner
Christmas 2018 Winner

Postby HereThereEverywhere » Sun Mar 04, 2018 5:21 pm

I'm pretty sure I remember you agreeing TPo is bad BS

The protection seems a bit lame, I just don't think this role is really all that fun or good. Confirm evildoer, you literally fuck them over and ruin their time, confirm Townie, good chance they could've confirmed themselves anyway.
canadian joker says a lot aboot society
HereThereEverywhere
Vampire Hunter
Vampire Hunter

Postby BS4125 » Mon Mar 05, 2018 1:55 am

HereThereEverywhere wrote:I'm pretty sure I remember you agreeing TPo is bad BS

The protection seems a bit lame, I just don't think this role is really all that fun or good. Confirm evildoer, you literally fuck them over and ruin their time, confirm Townie, good chance they could've confirmed themselves anyway.

Town Power is still a thing now, plus saying it would be a good addition to it doesn’t mean that Town Power still works

I believe it can work, the protection can change but I believe that this is the best version to include enough gamble and enough balance. I would want to play this role personally, I don’t know about other people, and I would say this role works effectively. Confirming an evildoer, it’s either their fault for attacking you or rewarding the other scum alignment for taking a risk and attacking you, confirming a townie, which is most likely to be early into the game because Oracle is compelled to dying early, will confirm them early so therefore they’ll be one of the first roles to be confirmed in the game, they may get confirmed later in the game but that’s later and they may not

Spoiler:
lemonader666 wrote:
Seththeking wrote:

get off topic lol.

BS4125
Christmas 2018 Winner
Christmas 2018 Winner

Postby HereThereEverywhere » Mon Mar 05, 2018 2:05 am

Saying it's a good addition to a bad thing makes no sense. Either support it or don't. It's three in the morning so I can't respond to anything longer than that.
canadian joker says a lot aboot society
HereThereEverywhere
Vampire Hunter
Vampire Hunter

Postby lemonader666 » Mon Mar 05, 2018 5:31 am

MaskedPokerFace wrote:bg cannot reveal roles of protected targets.

>implying oracle actually protects their target

you can email me at lemonader666@gmail.com if need be
lemonader666
[Forum Mafia XVI] Winner
[Forum Mafia XVI] Winner

Postby BS4125 » Sun Mar 25, 2018 7:12 am

HereThereEverywhere wrote:Saying it's a good addition to a bad thing makes no sense. Either support it or don't. It's three in the morning so I can't respond to anything longer than that.

Saying it’s a good addition to an existent thing however is acceptable. If you can’t balance roles within TPo, it’s still a thing

Spoiler:
lemonader666 wrote:
Seththeking wrote:

get off topic lol.

BS4125
Christmas 2018 Winner
Christmas 2018 Winner

Postby BasicFourLife » Sun Mar 25, 2018 7:22 am

Okay, this is finally up again.

I have one question.

If an Oracle scries about someone, but they are killed by a member of the Town or via lynching, will they still be able to delay their scried target's kill?
RNG is never good for any strategy based game. Please learn the definition of what that means, especially if you're one of the people constantly defending it.

FM / TG: 5 - 10 - 8
BasicFourLife
[Forum Mafia XVI] Winner
[Forum Mafia XVI] Winner

Postby Mystoc » Sun Mar 25, 2018 7:36 am

i Hope the deyaled death oracle cause cant be healed after the delay begins causes that would be OP,

this also seems OP vrs medusa with the delayed death business other then that it seems balanced to me

its weird you said oracle had nothing to do once it used its ability and wanted to make it more interactive by giving it another ability but then the ability was another passive ability?
Mystoc
Amnesiac
Amnesiac

Postby BS4125 » Sun Mar 25, 2018 8:05 am

BasicFourLife wrote:Okay, this is finally up again.

I have one question.

If an Oracle scries about someone, but they are killed by a member of the Town or via lynching, will they still be able to delay their scried target's kill?

No, the Oracle has connection to their scried target then on if they are killed by a member of the Town or lynched

Mystoc wrote:i Hope the deyaled death oracle cause cant be healed after the delay begins causes that would be OP,

this also seems OP vrs medusa with the delayed death business other then that it seems balanced to me

its weird you said oracle had nothing to do once it used its ability and wanted to make it more interactive by giving it another ability but then the ability was another passive ability?

Yeh the delayed death can’t be protected against
The protection ability is interactive because as Oracle you have to best estimate when to protect your scried target, you have a choice of when to protect your scried target

Because whisper games are a thing, I thought that maybe all whispers to the scried target could instead be sent to the Oracle, therefore decreasing the impact of confirmability. Thoughts?

Spoiler:
lemonader666 wrote:
Seththeking wrote:

get off topic lol.

BS4125
Christmas 2018 Winner
Christmas 2018 Winner

Postby Mystoc » Sun Mar 25, 2018 8:19 am

Because whisper games are a thing, I thought that maybe all whispers to the scried target could instead be sent to the Oracle, therefore decreasing the impact of confirmability. Thoughts?

or just have it so once death is delayed the person who is about to die cant be whispered to or whisper others
Mystoc
Amnesiac
Amnesiac

Postby BS4125 » Sun Mar 25, 2018 10:35 am

Mystoc wrote:

or just have it so once death is delayed the person who is about to die cant be whispered to or whisper others

Actually yeh, then that’s stops the Medium from being confirmed

Spoiler:
lemonader666 wrote:
Seththeking wrote:

get off topic lol.

BS4125
Christmas 2018 Winner
Christmas 2018 Winner

Postby BasicFourLife » Sun Mar 25, 2018 10:41 am

I still think this role needs some heavy buffing.

Problems
- As long as it is alive is exactly like Citizen
- You need to die in order to be useful which can depend on RNG / luck mostly
- It has to die in a very specific way to be useful (only non Town night killing)
- Its utility is barely useful, so what after all your work you can confirm 1 person as Town / Evil which for whole game seems UP
- It can delay a kill wow, and the chance that you'd pull this off successfully is low
- You may hurt Town more, by revealing a Townie's role which they tried to hide from scum (ex: Veteran).
- Oh yeah forget to mention you can scry about someone twice, and if the both happen to die well then you are just a Cit.

Make this role more interactive and a bit easier to use.
RNG is never good for any strategy based game. Please learn the definition of what that means, especially if you're one of the people constantly defending it.

BasicFourLife
[Forum Mafia XVI] Winner
[Forum Mafia XVI] Winner

Postby BasicFourLife » Sun Mar 25, 2018 11:25 am

JGaming08 wrote:If you Scry a non-Townie, then do you still protect them?
Better question, does it give Powerful protection when you protect your target?

Delay their attack, not protect em.

BasicFourLife
[Forum Mafia XVI] Winner
[Forum Mafia XVI] Winner

Postby BS4125 » Sun Mar 25, 2018 11:33 am

JGaming08 wrote:
BasicFourLife wrote:
JGaming08 wrote:If you Scry a non-Townie, then do you still protect them?
Better question, does it give Powerful protection when you protect your target?

Delay their attack, not protect em.

BS4125 wrote:- You may protect your target once.

- Your protection will delay the death of your scried target by one night.

I’ll get back to what you said later Basic

Spoiler:
lemonader666 wrote:
Seththeking wrote:

get off topic lol.

BS4125
Christmas 2018 Winner
Christmas 2018 Winner

Postby BS4125 » Tue Mar 27, 2018 1:15 am

BasicFourLife wrote:I still think this role needs some heavy buffing.

Problems
- As long as it is alive is exactly like Citizen
- You need to die in order to be useful which can depend on RNG / luck mostly
- It has to die in a very specific way to be useful (only non Town night killing)
- Its utility is barely useful, so what after all your work you can confirm 1 person as Town / Evil which for whole game seems UP
- It can delay a kill wow, and the chance that you'd pull this off successfully is low
- You may hurt Town more, by revealing a Townie's role which they tried to hide from scum (ex: Veteran).
- Oh yeah forget to mention you can scry about someone twice, and if the both happen to die well then you are just a Cit.

Make this role more interactive and a bit easier to use.

The problem is that it is massively powerful when it is played right however if played wrong then it doesn’t effect the game enough

Maybe an added day ability is needed, however it can’t be too powerful otherwise this role is too OP and would stop this role from being the great scum claim rn, but anything weak wouldn’t provide anything to the role and benefit nothing for the Oracle. Hard to say whether nothing or something is better

RNG is used wrongly there, but that point isn’t really a point because you can quite easily influence scum to visit you

I might make it so it is still able to protect when it is killed by Town or lynched, just so it still offers something

It’s actually quite powerful, no role has been able to confirm a living role to everyone before, and no arguments against one perspective can be very unique

Not really, you’d die seemingly mid game so really you have 3/4 nights to protect your target, 50/50 really. Also I might make it so if the Oracle and TPr protect at the same time, the Oracle takes priority and therefore the next night, the target will definitely die

Unlikely, not many roles are Town roles which don’t want to be discovered

Scum need a safe way to dispose of Oracle, that needs to stay

Spoiler:
lemonader666 wrote:
Seththeking wrote:

get off topic lol.

BS4125
Christmas 2018 Winner
Christmas 2018 Winner

Postby Mystoc » Tue Mar 27, 2018 11:39 am

basically the role is like ret its very powerful (but unlike ret not OP) , but like ret its strength is in its one time ability that cant be done until someone dies (themsevles), this makes the ability it has to reveal a persons role confirming that person very strong but playing the role very dull and boring since you basically pick a person to reveal their role and wait to die, or bait evils to attack you

in short the play style is boring but role itself is balanced and strong
Mystoc
Amnesiac
Amnesiac

Postby BS4125 » Tue Mar 27, 2018 12:06 pm

Mystoc wrote:basically the role is like ret its very powerful (but unlike ret no OP) , but like ret its strength is in its one time ability that cant be done untill someone dies (themsevles), this makes the ability it has to reveal a persons role confirming that person very strong buy playing the role very dull and boring since you basically pick a person to reveal their role and wait to die, or bait evils to attack you

in short the play style is boring but role itself is balanced and strong

I’d argue that Vet baiting is fun so it does give some reward in that regard
But still, there is an issue with the enjoyment as this role

Spoiler:
lemonader666 wrote:
Seththeking wrote:

get off topic lol.

BS4125
Christmas 2018 Winner
Christmas 2018 Winner

Previous

Return to Role Idea Archives