Med/Ret Overhaul-Mystic

Old Role Ideas

How do you feel about the Mystic?

This is a wonderful idea! (Please tell me why!)
25%
This is a good idea, but needs a few tweaks. (Tell me what!)
No votes
This role is underpowered. (How can I change it?)
No votes
This role is overpowered. (How should I nerf it?)
50%
This is a great idea/base, but it needs to be completely revamped to be balanced/reasonable (Tell me how!)
No votes
This is the the worst idea I have ever seen , completely irredeemable (Tell me why!)
25%

Total votes : 4

Re: Med/Ret Overhaul-Mystic

Postby Mystoc » Sat Jan 13, 2018 1:43 pm

so mafia would have to know who the jester was somehow but then also have a blackmailer who saw you say the codeword then whisper the jester the codeword, so they could fake being you, if mafia/jester pulls that off i think jester deserves to be hanged also trading 1 for 1 with jester is good for town because later on jester will be a person who can end being a deciding vote so it's better to just kill jester most times

even after the jester is hanged the whisper from mafia to jester is seen so as soon as the the jester is revealed jester when hanged guess whos getting hanged next the last person who whispered him the codeword

========================================================

there the person isn't gonna be there at the game if they reported the person and left to go onto your next game though, that is a good idea for people who do stay through the whole game i wonder how hard that would be to code though, is it really worth the trouble when there are ez workarounds that don't need to use such methods
Mystoc
Amnesiac
Amnesiac

Postby xXIllegalPotatoXx » Sat Jan 13, 2018 1:59 pm

Mystoc, Please stop posting on this topic. I don't actually care about your opinion anymore, and this has become nothing but a shoving match. Please let someone else leave their thoughts. Thank you.
Favorite Roles:Survivor, Necromancer, Jailor, Plaguebearer,(even though it never wins.)Executioner,
Worst/Most boring roles:Framer, Disguiser, Forger, Hex Master, Medium, Retributionist, Vigilante.

Spoiler: Yes, I know my signature is unoriginal. Deal with it.
xXIllegalPotatoXx
Lookout
Lookout

Postby Mystoc » Sat Jan 13, 2018 2:06 pm

xXIllegalPotatoXx wrote:Mystoc, Please stop posting on this topic. I don't actually care about your opinion anymore, and this has become nothing but a shoving match. Please let someone else leave their thoughts. Thank you.

other people are welcome to talk on it though im not preventing them

but i will respect your wishes its your role, all the points i have said are valid and make sense, it's just that you don't want to hear them,

and i respect that because me posting anything else would just be ignored by you it's a waste of my time your set on your opinion it won't change even with facts, its a good thing you told me that because i don't like wasting my time giving feedback to people who don't want it just because its not what they want to hear

GL on this role
Mystoc
Amnesiac
Amnesiac

Postby xXIllegalPotatoXx » Sat Jan 13, 2018 8:15 pm

It would help me a lot if someone else would please give constructive criticism on this role.
Favorite Roles:Survivor, Necromancer, Jailor, Plaguebearer,(even though it never wins.)Executioner,
Worst/Most boring roles:Framer, Disguiser, Forger, Hex Master, Medium, Retributionist, Vigilante.

xXIllegalPotatoXx
Lookout
Lookout

Postby K1llthestory » Sat Jan 13, 2018 8:20 pm

garbage
Flow 2018 - Heroes only.

what are the 7 words to say?
K1llthestory
Serial Killer
Serial Killer

Postby xXIllegalPotatoXx » Sat Jan 13, 2018 8:27 pm

Could you please elaborate, so I can make less bad roles in the future?

xXIllegalPotatoXx
Lookout
Lookout

Postby Cirque » Sat Jan 13, 2018 9:00 pm

xXIllegalPotatoXx wrote:It would help me a lot if someone else would please give constructive criticism on this role.

We are giving you constructive criticism
You just aren't taking what we are saying into perspective and are trying to change our views on the role

FM Record: 8 - 1
Cirque
Mayor
Mayor

Postby xXIllegalPotatoXx » Sun Jan 14, 2018 2:38 pm

K1llthestory wrote:garbage
Cirque wrote:The thing is, players are willing to gamethrow if this role ever gets put out since it dies on revival. Low ELO players are going to think that staying alive is better than not reviving, thus making players not want to revive.
It's still a no.
Mystoc wrote:possession is too untown like it's an thing evil roles do not town roles just keep how meduim is now and how it talks from the dead with sceance's

and this possesion will also mess with reporting system imagine an evil person suddenly ratting out his teammates saying i think john and sam are mafia , the meduim is under no obligation to say he took over the possessed dudes body people might still think its that actual person who is talking

=====================================================

since ret + meduim = mystic and that is a unique role that means both these roles are unique now

that means people who would've role rolled meduim as random town cant now, this also means random town . town support is buffed because it can role other useful roles that aren't meduim, by removing meduim you up the chances of this mystic role appearing by quite a lot and then since meduim or ret cant roll now the rest of town roles the role will be good roles that aren't meduim

the problem with ret is high elo games a rezed person can just tell town what the dead said while they they were dead making meduim useless,

also multiple mediums isn't a problem now because you only need 1 meduim to relay what the dead are saying so any extra meduim is just useless, sure mediums can know who each other are but at the price of them estianty being a citizen with no abilities

====================================================================

meduim needs to be buffed by it being a unique role also so multiple mediums cant roll, it also needs it core ability buffed it doesn't need to removed and added onto ret

All of these are simply explanations on why my role isn't needed, or is flawed. What I need are specific explanations of what I need to change. And maybe, also, if there is any thing I may have missed that was a suggestion on fixing my role, please show me this. However, I do admit to taking a rather negative response to these posts, and I apologize for that. I should be looking for ways to round out the role based on what people say, not trying to defend this exact version. Thank you for what you have given me on this.

xXIllegalPotatoXx
Lookout
Lookout

Postby K1llthestory » Sun Jan 14, 2018 2:41 pm

retributionist is already one of the most powerful roles in the game. combining it with something else is bad.
Flow 2018 - Heroes only.

K1llthestory
Serial Killer
Serial Killer

Postby xXIllegalPotatoXx » Sun Jan 14, 2018 5:32 pm

Do you have any way I should maybe nerf the role so I can make it more balanced? Also, I mostly did this because I personally believe that the retributionist is the least strategic role in the game. You just wait for a powerful role and revive them at the right time, you know? Then you are just basically a useless citizen, so I was hoping to add some strategy to the role, as well as to the Medium, to create a role that also makes the game more interesting for the dead. If you have any ideas on how to nerf it I would love to hear them.

xXIllegalPotatoXx
Lookout
Lookout

Postby K1llthestory » Sun Jan 14, 2018 6:26 pm

scrap the concept. just doesnt work
Flow 2018 - Heroes only.

K1llthestory
Serial Killer
Serial Killer

Postby xXIllegalPotatoXx » Sun Jan 14, 2018 9:08 pm

What if I were to keep ret as it is and simply give Medium Possessions? How would this work as a Neutral Chaos?

xXIllegalPotatoXx
Lookout
Lookout

Postby K1llthestory » Sun Jan 14, 2018 11:41 pm

controlling other peoples actions is easily abusable
Flow 2018 - Heroes only.

K1llthestory
Serial Killer
Serial Killer

Postby xXIllegalPotatoXx » Mon Jan 15, 2018 7:52 am

Abusing is easily reportable, especially if TS Jurors can see when a player is possessed.

I understand if you don't believe this role is going anywhere. If enough people tell me that, I might just take this down. Thank you for your time.

xXIllegalPotatoXx
Lookout
Lookout

Postby BasicFourLife » Mon Jan 15, 2018 3:23 pm

This is just a 100% better Medium...
It can speak with the dead, but when a good Town member like Jailor dies you just bring him back to life at your own life.

/no support
RNG is never good for any strategy based game. Please learn the definition of what that means, especially if you're one of the people constantly defending it.

FM / TG: 5 - 10 - 8
BasicFourLife
[Forum Mafia XVI] Winner
[Forum Mafia XVI] Winner

Postby xXIllegalPotatoXx » Wed Jan 17, 2018 7:58 pm

Hello?

Spoiler: Yes, that was a really poorly covered bump

xXIllegalPotatoXx
Lookout
Lookout

Postby xXIllegalPotatoXx » Mon Jan 22, 2018 6:55 am

(Ok this is the last time I will) bump.

xXIllegalPotatoXx
Lookout
Lookout

Previous

Return to Role Idea Archives