Kidnapper (Neutral Killing)

Old Role Ideas

Re: Kidnapper Idea

Postby Mystoc » Tue Jan 09, 2018 2:05 pm

NOTE This is NOT my role im not sure if he ever posted this role as an idea he just shared it with me and i helped him balance it out

================================================================================================

ImposterK wrote:Warden (Neutral Killing)
A Jailor that has gone corrupt with power, killing all who stands in your way.

Abilities:
-During the day, choose 1 person to imprison, roleblocking them until they escape.
-At night, choose a player to kill. Killing a player prevents you from imprisoning someone the following day.
-If you keep someone imprisoned for at least 2 nights, killing them will destroy their will, and you are allowed to imprison someone the following day, killing someone after they've been imprisoned for at least 3 nights will clean their role, and you are allowed to imprison someone the following day.

Attributes:
-Your prisoners have the ability to try to escape after they've been imprisoned for 2 nights. (They choose who they think the Warden is, if they guess correctly, they will escape but will die the following night from their injuries.)
-If you try to kill a prisoner the night they correctly guess who you are, you will not kill them, and they will escape.
-If you die, all of your prisoners are released.

Special Attributes:
Attack: Powerful
Defense: Basic
-Detection Immune
-Roleblock Immune
-Ignores Roleblock Immunity
-Control Immune

Goal:
Kill everyone who would oppose you or successfully have everyone in your prison.

Investigative Results:
Sheriff: Your target is not suspicious.
Investigator: Your target could be a Spy, Blackmailer, Jailor, Guardian Angel, or Warden.
Mystoc
Amnesiac
Amnesiac

Postby braydenousley » Tue Jan 09, 2018 2:15 pm

Ok that's a pretty nice looking role
braydenousley

Postby Mystoc » Tue Jan 09, 2018 2:20 pm

braydenousley wrote:Ok that's a pretty nice looking role

if your gonna give NK a jailor like ability you need to give NK incentives to keep them imprisoned so they kidnap part of the ability is used and they dont kill their captive right away

this role perfectly illustrates risk vrs rewards you can be risky for good rewards or be safe with no rewards

i saw how to fix your role the problem is that i have all ready done it before with imposters warden role
Mystoc
Amnesiac
Amnesiac

Postby braydenousley » Tue Jan 09, 2018 3:53 pm

You guys like it? Discord people?
braydenousley

Postby oliy » Wed Jan 10, 2018 3:32 pm

braydenousley wrote:You guys like it? Discord people?

It has a few very slight issues but generally great
Most arguments I have seen against it have since been fixed or are weird.

Old Signature Stuff:

Spoiler:
Hi! I'm Eve the Eevee! Please give me a hug :3
You can also hurt/heal me here!

My Stuff
oliy
Vampire Hunter
Vampire Hunter

Postby BlazinIce » Wed Jan 10, 2018 3:47 pm

It seems like a better SK, as it can kill every night, has detection immunity, unstoppable attack, and additional abilities. It's also fairly complex, which may be a problem. To fix it, give it drawbacks the first few times it attacks, like it can't attack a player immediately after attacking the first two times.
EDIT: Above is about Warden
Compared to Arsonist, Kidnapper seems way better. It doesn't need an extra night, however. The kill pattern is unique. I suggest you remove the direct kill, and make it powerful attack, because no NK should have over 1 KPN. I don't like the chat removal either, because that's unfair against mafia, and makes Kidnapper less neutral. The chat w/ Kidnapper is fine.
How to get unlimited Town Points in Town of Salem
I'm a forum regular. You may see me in Role Ideas (critiquing bad roles), Testing Grounds, Feedback, Suggestions, or Forum Games. I'm also in ToS as Noone.

Mortician -A Neutral Evil Janitor that buries lynches. Has over 100 supporters!
Gossiper -A Neutral Evil role that gives a player valuable information about another player each night.
BlazinIce
Vigilante
Vigilante

Previous

Return to Role Idea Archives