Hydra - Neutral Chaos

Old Role Ideas

Re: Hydra Addition

Postby Blayzeatron » Fri Sep 22, 2017 5:33 am

Honestly I don't really understand a lot of the problems being presented here.
This is nothing like vampires- the 'youngest' term problems can very easily be changed to a different term.
Losing members of the hydra for no reason will never be advantageous. More people alive is more votes. And why give away that power, when you are guaranteed to get it later on anyway. This encourages clever sacrifices to gain an advantage.
Also 'having two kills is busted and they won't know who you are'
Well I mean. How does sk get found? Usually its by TI's and bad fake wills no the evil roles. My only problem is that as a NC role it should not really have the power to win that often. (as ToS has specified they ideally want 40% town win 40% maf win 20% neutral win) I feel in its current state it might be too powerful. Is a rampage attack considered more or less powerful than having 2 attacks? That is a possibility.
Blayzeatron

Postby Shilster » Fri Sep 22, 2017 5:37 am

Blayzeatron wrote:Is a rampage attack considered more or less powerful than having 2 attacks?

I feel like it really depends on your luck and skill.

For example, if someone is suspicious, you should attack them as Werewolf, since TIs are more likely to check them (unless they are jailed by the Jailor which is the downside). You can manage to kill 4 people with this. So in theory, Rampage attacks are more powerful.
Shilster
Werewolf
Werewolf

Postby HereThereEverywhere » Fri Sep 22, 2017 6:09 am

Rampage attacks are luck-based more than skill-based. You can try to visit someone suspicious, but seeing how they'll know there's an enemy with rampage attacks all Town will be careful. Heck, everybody will be. It has the potential to be incredibly powerful, but it's generally not. That's why Werewolf's winrate is so low.

Also, an NC winning a lot isn't a huge problem, they don't belong in Ranked so being stronger for modes like All Any would be fine imo.
canadian joker says a lot aboot society
HereThereEverywhere
Vampire Hunter
Vampire Hunter

Previous

Return to Role Idea Archives