Heaven Factions ( Serve Holy Light ) 1000+ Views

Old Role Ideas

Should this Factions added to the BMG TOS?

Absolutely:
47%
Nope:
53%

Total votes : 17

Re: Heaven Faction ( compatible with Shy33r Demon factions )

Postby Gooose26 » Tue Jan 31, 2017 9:34 pm

HereThereEverywhere wrote:Don't ignore people with strong opinions.
Because that either proves you don't know how to argue or that they're right.

I agree with this 100% and I'm prepared to argue my point until he is convinced by me or I'm convinced by him. There isn't any anger involved when I argue with somebody, that statement had some anger into it because he keeps claiming that factions are bad but not arguing it, so I cant prove anything to him. But nothing is wrong with a good debate.
ICECLIMBERS wrote:Stop acting like a ringleader bigot, goose.
Gooose26
Retributionist
Retributionist

Postby BisonPuncher » Tue Jan 31, 2017 10:01 pm

Gooose26 wrote::lol: I know it's a joke bro, but at some point new factions need to be added, and Spectre0 has taken the time to tell us we are wrong on every single faction thread, so I'm kind of sick of it. :lol:

Why do you think at some point new factions need to be added?
BisonPuncher
Bodyguard
Bodyguard

Postby Gooose26 » Tue Jan 31, 2017 10:06 pm

RuledByChaos wrote:
Gooose26 wrote::lol: I know it's a joke bro, but at some point new factions need to be added, and Spectre0 has taken the time to tell us we are wrong on every single faction thread, so I'm kind of sick of it. :lol:

So that the game doesnt get dull. We could always just add more and more roles, but at some point people will want to do some new factions, because you can only do the same thing for so long. Technically we could add like 50 more roles to the game, but then there will be a 1/50 chance of that people the role that comes out, rather than a whole faction full of new things. That's why we are here anyways, to make the game less dull... and for balancing too.
Gooose26
Retributionist
Retributionist

Postby HereThereEverywhere » Tue Jan 31, 2017 10:09 pm

New factions.
Then they get stale.
What's next?
Cram more factions into the game?

Balancing the game...
By making new factions and not balancing what's already in the game?
You're balancing your own ideas that aren't gonna be added anytime soon, seeing how BMG works.
canadian joker says a lot aboot society
HereThereEverywhere
Vampire Hunter
Vampire Hunter

Postby Gooose26 » Tue Jan 31, 2017 10:16 pm

HereThereEverywhere wrote:New factions.
Then they get stale.
What's next?
Cram more factions into the game?

Balancing the game...
By making new factions and not balancing what's already in the game?
You're balancing your own ideas that aren't gonna be added anytime soon, seeing how BMG works.

None of the ideas here are going to be in the game soon, and i belirve I've said this before, but we should definitely balance the game before adding more factions and more ROLES in general! Maybe we should just delete this thread until the game is balanced, then restart. Would you like that?

Also I could turn that back onto roles in general.
New roles.
Then the tame gets stale.
What's next?
Cram more roles into the game?

More balances.
Then the game stays stale.
What's next?
Cram more balances into the game?

My answer to your question and the 2 i technically just asked is... precisely!
Gooose26
Retributionist
Retributionist

Postby BisonPuncher » Tue Jan 31, 2017 10:19 pm

Gooose26 wrote:
RuledByChaos wrote:

So that the game doesnt get dull. We could always just add more and more roles, but at some point people will want to do some new factions, because you can only do the same thing for so long. Technically we could add like 50 more roles to the game, but then there will be a 1/50 chance of that people the role that comes out, rather than a whole faction full of new things. That's why we are here anyways, to make the game less dull... and for balancing too.

Balancing? You think adding more factions would BALANCE the game more? What about in Ranked/Ranked Practice? That one person who gets stuck being the only person in their faction (the "Any" slot) would be severely outnumbered and stand no chance. And even in other game modes, there are only fifteen people per game. With so many factions, it'd still end up far from balanced. There could be two from one faction, six from another, four from one and then another three that are on their own (Just an example). The majority (or overpowered faction, if BMG continues to implement unbalanced roles) would easily win. Not to mention, as it's been stated a billion times, that would take a lot of coding and work.
BisonPuncher
Bodyguard
Bodyguard

Postby lemonader666 » Tue Jan 31, 2017 10:22 pm

HereThereEverywhere wrote:
IAmAMunchlax wrote:Yes please. Petition to have Davesport rewrite every Salem cards and lore.

/Support

Yes please

you can email me at lemonader666@gmail.com if need be
lemonader666
[Forum Mafia XVI] Winner
[Forum Mafia XVI] Winner

Postby Gooose26 » Tue Jan 31, 2017 10:33 pm

Well I totally agree about the any slot thing, I definitely think that either a) We fill that, or b) We make it so that the any can only be from already existing factions in the game. And when I said we come cor more content, and balancing, i meant that we come for more content that the factions would create, and we also come for balancing which is entirely different :lol: But i dont se why we cant make a balanced replacement for the mafia, as every new faction for ranked has been. I mean the mafia is definitely not balanced as it is now, with a terrible win rate.
Gooose26
Retributionist
Retributionist

Postby davesport12 » Wed Feb 01, 2017 5:26 am

sh99er wrote:
Spectre0 wrote:Why is it so difficult to understand that more factions are NOT getting added?

1) We can dream and have hope its like saying SOULKEEPER or any other role idea WILL NEVER BE ADDED
2) Vampires were tecnically another faction and NC were introduced kinda recently
3) after they balanced arso, spy and ranked they might add new roles or factions you'll never know
4) you shouldnt decide a role based If the FACTION will be or NOT BEING ADDED its about people thinking if the faction or roles are balanced and could be a good addition to the game

Salem need more factions, so yeah they need to be realistic
Check My Buffet Table
Heaven Faction
CEO

Just a swat man works with dangerous situations, with unique cousin and warm apartment.
davesport12
Witch
Witch

Postby davesport12 » Wed Feb 01, 2017 5:26 am

IAmAMunchlax wrote:Yes please. Petition to have Davesport rewrite every Salem cards and lore.

Munch...munch.
Check My Buffet Table
Heaven Faction
CEO

Just a swat man works with dangerous situations, with unique cousin and warm apartment.
davesport12
Witch
Witch

Postby davesport12 » Wed Feb 01, 2017 5:44 am

Spectre0 wrote:Sure, why not just turn TOS into "Faction and Hardcounter"?

Hahahaha, I forgot that..... But its fun isnt it?
Check My Buffet Table
Heaven Faction
CEO

davesport12
Witch
Witch

Postby HereThereEverywhere » Wed Feb 01, 2017 6:20 am

Gooose26 wrote:More balances.
Then the game stays stale.
What's next?
Cram more balances into the game?

I don't think you understand it.
The game should be balanced, there's no 'cramming balances in'
If you admit that these roles won't make it into ToS, and that it should be balanced with what it has now, then why don't you start again sometime in the future where there's a better chance of new factions being added?
HereThereEverywhere
Vampire Hunter
Vampire Hunter

Re: Lightbringer Faction ( connected to shy33r demon )

Postby BuckeyeNation » Wed Feb 01, 2017 5:30 pm

BuckeyeNation wrote:Nobody's looking to replace what we have right now. Trying to fix the current game is, was, and always will be pertinent. But what is wrong with wanting to tee off against something other than the default Mafia roles every once in a while? A change is nice every now and then. You would get to see more role concepts in action too, without just creating an impossible amount in the only game mode available.

Besides, a new mode in addition to the normal one (again, not trying to replace anything) is probably coming sometime over the next year or two anyway, like it or not. Software companies, games in particular, are under a unique pressure to constantly evolve or die. If Town of salem remains exactly the same for too long, people will just get bored of it and stop the cash flow. Might as well embrace it and make suggestions that's could actually be fun instead of going "NO CHANGE 2 CURRENT GAME PLZ" as a hard rule. I don't know about you, but when the time inevitably comes pretty soon that BMG adds a new faction, I'd rather they be prepared with a few well thought-out ideas already instead of starting from scratch.

That's basically the idea behind pitching factions. It's an inevitable addition that will happen sometime in the not too distant future. Better to embrace it and try to make something good than to resist the change.
The Bratva Faction

Full faction is finally dropped! Go leave me some feedback! :D
BuckeyeNation
Jester
Jester

Postby HereThereEverywhere » Wed Feb 01, 2017 5:38 pm

BuckeyeNation wrote:It's an inevitable addition that will happen sometime in the not too distant future.

You don't ACTUALLY know this. You just ASSUME it.
HereThereEverywhere
Vampire Hunter
Vampire Hunter

Postby davesport12 » Wed Feb 01, 2017 6:15 pm

BuckeyeNation wrote:
BuckeyeNation wrote:Nobody's looking to replace what we have right now. Trying to fix the current game is, was, and always will be pertinent. But what is wrong with wanting to tee off against something other than the default Mafia roles every once in a while? A change is nice every now and then. You would get to see more role concepts in action too, without just creating an impossible amount in the only game mode available.

Besides, a new mode in addition to the normal one (again, not trying to replace anything) is probably coming sometime over the next year or two anyway, like it or not. Software companies, games in particular, are under a unique pressure to constantly evolve or die. If Town of salem remains exactly the same for too long, people will just get bored of it and stop the cash flow. Might as well embrace it and make suggestions that's could actually be fun instead of going "NO CHANGE 2 CURRENT GAME PLZ" as a hard rule. I don't know about you, but when the time inevitably comes pretty soon that BMG adds a new faction, I'd rather they be prepared with a few well thought-out ideas already instead of starting from scratch.

That's basically the idea behind pitching factions. It's an inevitable addition that will happen sometime in the not too distant future. Better to embrace it and try to make something good than to resist the change.

I put it simply clear, maybe its take a lot of work but this game became a one simple words BORING.
so add more factions and demon 3 role - angel 3 role. so yeah 15 player with many roles maybe strange.
Unless the game reworked to 25 player then its became boring.
I know its take lot of work but worth to try.
Check My Buffet Table
Heaven Faction
CEO

davesport12
Witch
Witch

Postby BuckeyeNation » Wed Feb 01, 2017 6:46 pm

BuckeyeNation wrote:It's an inevitable addition that will happen sometime in the not too distant future.

You don't ACTUALLY know this. You just ASSUME it.

I guess that's technically correct. The game COULD just not evolve at all and die off eventually because of it. Maybe not a fast death, but I'd like to bring up a few things:

1) Gameplay peaked in April/May last year, but it's been dropping*. Source
* It got a bump from the Holidays, but everything does because people have more free time; you can already see it dropping off again.
2) Town's winrate right now is roughly 80%.
3) There's actually a buttload of Faction threads popping up recently.

One theory to explain all of these phenomena: the gameplay is repetitive. The lack of variety makes peoples interest wane. Town wins so much not because everyone is a genius, but because of how formulaic it gets to play against Godfather and Mafioso all the goddamn time. Faction threads keep popping up because people want something different. Because the objective of any software company can be described as "make more money", you've got to think that they'd rather adapt to what people so clearly want than.... I guess... not do exactly that?

If anything I have said in my last two posts is incorrect, please feel free to point out my error. But otherwise, I will stick by the assertion that it is an inevitable change.
The Bratva Faction

Full faction is finally dropped! Go leave me some feedback! :D
BuckeyeNation
Jester
Jester

Postby HereThereEverywhere » Wed Feb 01, 2017 7:20 pm

Town wins so much because ToS is unbalanced. Balance what's here, then talk about new factions. It's simple.
HereThereEverywhere
Vampire Hunter
Vampire Hunter

Postby davesport12 » Wed Feb 01, 2017 8:10 pm

HereThereEverywhere wrote:Town wins so much because ToS is unbalanced. Balance what's here, then talk about new factions. It's simple.

Its pretty much balanced besides, tos need new Faction %right55 %35
Check My Buffet Table
Heaven Faction
CEO

davesport12
Witch
Witch

Postby Gooose26 » Wed Feb 01, 2017 8:15 pm

HereThereEverywhere wrote:Town wins so much because ToS is unbalanced. Balance what's here, then talk about new factions. It's simple.

Exactly, I agree entirely. Can you go commit on every single post for a new role for me and say, "New roles aren't needed we just need balancing right now!". Because then I will take that comment to heart.
Gooose26
Retributionist
Retributionist

Postby HereThereEverywhere » Wed Feb 01, 2017 8:26 pm

Gooose26 wrote:

Exactly, I agree entirely. Can you go commit on every single post for a new role for me and say, "New roles aren't needed we just need balancing right now!". Because then I will take that comment to heart.

If balancing the current factions means adding new roles, so be it.
Look at Kirize's Drug Dealer, I think that'd balance the Mafia.
Adding new factions and doing nothing with the old ones doesn't balance the game. Changing the old factions, adding onto them, and rebalancing them to not be shitty does balance the game.
HereThereEverywhere
Vampire Hunter
Vampire Hunter

Postby Gooose26 » Wed Feb 01, 2017 10:55 pm

Gooose26 wrote:

Adding new factions and doing nothing with the old ones doesn't balance the game. Changing the old factions, adding onto them, and rebalancing them to not be shitty does balance the game.

To be even more specific with that statement, shouldn't we fix the old roles first before adding new roles? It's the same thing.
Gooose26
Retributionist
Retributionist

Postby HereThereEverywhere » Wed Feb 01, 2017 10:57 pm

Gooose26 wrote:
Gooose26 wrote:

To be even more specific with that statement, shouldn't we fix the old roles first before adding new roles? It's the same thing.

Y'know the LAST time we tried to fix the old roles?
Spy poll.
Might as well just get some new and not fucked up roles in the game now to at least ATTEMPT to balance what BMG wont.
HereThereEverywhere
Vampire Hunter
Vampire Hunter

Postby Gooose26 » Wed Feb 01, 2017 11:00 pm

Gooose26 wrote:
Gooose26 wrote:

Y'know the LAST time we tried to fix the old roles?
Spy poll.
Might as well just get some new and not fucked up roles in the game now to at least ATTEMPT to balance what BMG wont.

Remember the last time we tried to fix overall balance of the factions? Town ended up being op
Might as well just get some new and not fucked up factions in thr game now to at least ATTEMPT to balance ehat BMG wont.
(Even though I decently disagree with this statement I'll still do the copy thing :lol: )
Gooose26
Retributionist
Retributionist

Postby HereThereEverywhere » Wed Feb 01, 2017 11:07 pm

Gooose26 wrote:Might as well just get some new and not fucked up roles in the game now to at least ATTEMPT to balance what BMG wont.

Remember the last time we tried to fix overall balance of the factions? Town ended up being op
Might as well just get some new and not fucked up factions in thr game now to at least ATTEMPT to balance ehat BMG wont.
(Even though I decently disagree with this statement I'll still do the copy thing :lol: )[/quote]
Well if you're just gonna copy me stupidly I don't see why I'm arguing but no, that's not how it works.
ONE role is unbalanced but they wont change it, that's not GOOD but it's not really bad. One whole FACTION that's unbalanced and they don't change it IS bad. So don't pretend adding new factions will help anything. New factions will not balance the game more if the old ones are unbalanced. The main selling point everyone has had for arguing towards the addition of new factions is that it'll expand the game's lifetime, which it might do, but it wont MAGICALLY balance the game.
Balance the old roles.
Add new roles.
Balance the new roles.
Add new factions.
Balance the new factions.
Get your priorities straight.
HereThereEverywhere
Vampire Hunter
Vampire Hunter

Re: Lightbringer Faction ( Compatible to shy33r demon role )

Postby Gooose26 » Wed Feb 01, 2017 11:19 pm

I agree entirely, but why cant we make factions in the role ideas over here? I dont see the problem with it...
Gooose26
Retributionist
Retributionist

PreviousNext

Return to Role Idea Archives