Damned (Neutral Benign) (Revised!)

Old Role Ideas

balanced? 1-3 / is the Marked Debuff fair 4-6 / should ret rez harvested soul 7-8

Yes sounds perfect!
No votes
Yes but needs some changes (if so mention changes in comments)
No votes
No unbalanced (explain why in comments)
No votes
---------------------------------------
No votes
The marked debuff sounds perfect!
No votes
The marked debuff needs to be changed it is too harsh!
No votes
The marked debuff needs to be changed it is not harsh enough!
No votes
---------------------------------------
No votes
Ret should be able to rez a person whose soul was harvested.
No votes
Ret shouldn't be able to rez a person whose soul was harvested.
No votes

Total votes : 0

Damned (Neutral Benign) (Revised!)

Postby Mystoc » Thu Jan 19, 2017 10:09 am

Role Name: Damned Neutral Benign

You are a shade who has sinned not quite Alive or Dead unseen by the living, you have made a deal with Death who has promised to give you a new immortal body if you complete his task.

Abilities: Spoiler: -Select one person each night that is alive if they die in anyway till the end of next day you harvest their soul (includes hanging)

-Any who visited the dead target or voted guilty on the target you choose are exposed to your ghastly aura when you come to harvest the soul they become "Marked"

-Neutral killing is immune to the damned's aura , cannot be marked (since they are pure evil or insane the damned's ghastly aura has no effect on neutral killing)

-If you revive yourself (harvest your final soul) any that are marked, for that day only will be unable to vote and their vote will not count has part of the majority needed to vote someone up to be hanged

-Cannot vote innocent or guilty either once someone is voted up must abstain if marked

EX:

-You revive yourself 6 people are alive besides you 4 of them are marked
-Only 2 votes will be needed to vote someone up to stand (2 out 3 is majority only 2 are not marked not counting you so there are 3 people total who can vote!)

Attributes: (when dead)
Spoiler: -Unique role
-Starts off dead
-Your name and role appears in graveyard day 1
-Town will see your dead body on day 1 as they walk out to town square and it is revealed "Mystoc has died mysteriously he is damned!"
-To be clear everyone will know there is a damned in the game at start of day 1
-Cannot be targeted in anyway (you are dead)
-Can only speak in dead chat (medium can see what he says during the night)

-Sees all chat:
-Whispers, town chat, mafia chat , dead chat , medium chat, Jailer chat , vampire chat
-You are revived from the dead once you have harvested 3 souls

-Nothing bad happens to the souls you harvest they are all ready dead

(Maybe retribunist will be unable to revive them seems to strong though this in the poll please leave your thoughts!)

-Dead / medium will see Damned role not player name when he talks in dead chat (so dead / medium dont have remember the damned's name when he types something also it looks cooler!)

Attributes: (when alive)
Spoiler: -(Still sees all of the chat while alive) - whispers, town chat, mafia chat , dead chat , medium chat, Jailer chat , vampire chat
-Can only speak in dead chat during night when alive (like medium)
-Once revived can speak in town chat and can whisper / be whispered to.

-Even when alive you cannot be targeted in anyway.
(This includes being voted on! cannot be voted on)

-There is no reason to kill a confirmed role that has already won
(this is to help other players remember who the damned is and not target them by accident.)

-Can vote

Goal:
Spoiler: -Live again

Victory Conditions:
-When you have harvested 3 souls you are revived and win.
-If you do not harvest 3 souls by the end of the game you loose.

-If you harvest your soul the night the game ends you will win. (you will walk out alive revived the day the game ends)

-If you harvest your last soul from a target that is hanged during the day that causes the game to end you DONT win you need a night to revive yourself!

-Wins with everyone
-Must kill no one

Investigative Results:
Spoiler: None! (you cant target dead people!)

-Since everyone will know your role because you appear dead in the graveyard on day 1
and you cannot be targeted in anyway even when alive there are no Investigative results for the damned

Additional Information:
Spoiler: -Everyone in the game will know at the start that there is damned in the game
-The damned will be told at start of each night how many souls he has harvested
-Only the the people who are marked will receive info the they have been marked by the damned at nights end
-This means unless this is shared, town / mafia / evils will have will have no idea how many souls you harvested so far could be 0 or 2

-The damned does not know roles of anyone must be figured it out.
-Doesn't see player notifications (like sheriff results a sheriff got or if mafia decides to kill someone or if jailer decides to exe someone)
-Basically the damned see everything but ONLY the typing players do to communicate.

-If a target is hung a message will appear that the damned has come claim his soul
(like jester message so all of the players will know the damned as successfully harvested a soul but only for hanging not for a death during the night)

-Vigilante dying from guilt because they shot a town member will count!
(so its not a good idea to reveal you were the vigilante and are about to die if the damned is in the game)

-Vampire bite conversions do not count as a death, if vampire bites mafia and kills them it will count.

-A message will appear when the damned revives himself (like when retribunist revives someone)

-Other players will not know who was debuffed when damned revives even the damned doesn't know (game won't tell them , a clue will be if they are able vote anyone that will prove they aren't marked)

What happens if a player leaves the game and you harvest their soul?:

Spoiler: -If a player that has left the game dies the next day as a result of suicide only this will NOT count as a harvested soul.

-If they left during the day they will be unselectable during the night as a soul to harvest.

-If they leave during the night and nothing else happens to them and you select them it will not count
(the damned has to pay attention to that players do receive messages during the night if someone leaves)

-If Something else happens to kill them and they leave it will still count
EX:(mafia kills john he leaves game before deaths are shown for day it would say something like this)
"John has committed suicide he was also killed by the mafia!"

Jailor's interaction with the Damned:

Spoiler: -The damned will not know who the jailor jailed he will not see either the jailor's name or the jailed's names

EX:

Jailhouse: hi
Jailhouse: hey
Jailhouse: role?
Jailhouse: im medium.
Jailhouse: okay

-This so the damned cannot know for sure who is being jailed or whose saying what
-The damned will not see if the jailor decides to execute

-He will get clues from chat yes but he cannot be sure who is saying what he might see someone say "no don't exe im good youll loose your exe" but who is it?
-Even if the target says his name in chat and he's about to get executed it could be the jailor trying to trick you and pose has a jailed person saying a random name

-Or at the very last second the jailor could change his mind. (like the mafia does to the spy the jailor can play mind games with the damned)

Town interactions with the Damned:
Spoiler: -As stated before the damned can talk to the medium an no one else besides the dead while he is dead
-The retributionist cannot revive the damned he isn't town and isn't targetable anyway.

- if the retributionist revives a target that has had its soul harvested he still keeps the soul doesn't loose it.

(maybe retribunist will be unable to revive them seems to strong though this in the poll please leave your thoughts!)

The damned's pick is not affected by transporter

EX:

Damned predicts target C will die mafia decides to kill target C
Transporter transports C with A, A dies instead
The damned's pick does not transfer to A
If the transporter somehow causes target C to die then it will count
(name must die that is picked for soul to be harvested doesn't matter how)

My reasoning why Neutral Killing is immune to being marked:
Spoiler: this also for balancing reason NK is the hardest role to win as there no reason make it to weaker.

-NK like ww and asro can kill a lot people in 1 night it would very hard to avoid getting marked the whole game.
(if Asro ignited 4 people with 7 in game in 1 night there is a very high chance the damned picked one of the ignited people)

-Mafia will receive this debuff if one of them is debuffed they will be very careful and try to kill targets the damned wont pick.
-This just doesn't only hurt mafia any visiting town role can get the the debuff that debuffs them upon the damned's revival
-Any town or mafia and NE (witch can visit) that visit a target that died and the damned predicted would die will receive the debuff.

-This makes NK will be the damned's only real "ally" the NK wants the damned to win because if he does some people will be unable to vote a day and he might get an ally making it easier for NK to win
-The damned does not have to side with NK if he revives himself but maybe the damned will be grateful NK "helped" him win and help NK win in return.

How the marked debuff works with Neutral Killing:
Spoiler: -If Serial killer kills the damned must pick that target serial killer kills.

-If Werewolf kills the damned can pick any of the targets that die as a result from the werewolf
primary target or secondary targets
(however only the target the damned picked will give people the marked debuff if anyone visits that target)

-If Arsonist kills the damned can pick any of the targets who dies from being ignited and it will count

(however only the target the damned picked will give people the marked debuff if anyone visits that target )

-A damned who picks someone who is doused that night does nothing! (they dont die)

Notifications:

(if you can think of a better way to word something let me know!)
Spoiler:

"Name has died mysteriously they are damned!"

(all other players will receive this message day 1 after they walk into the town square)

"You have harvested x soul(s) so far!"
(at start of each night the damned will be reminded how may souls hes collected)

"You have successfully harvested a soul!"
(damned sees this when he picks correctly and harvests a soul. sees at the end of the night OR after the target he picked is hanged during the day)

"You live again! you have successfully harvested 3 souls!"
(the damned sees this after the night ends and he as harvested his 3rd soul)

"You have been Marked! the target you visited last night died and had its soul harvested by the damned!"
(only players who have been marked will receive this message at the end of the night)

"The Damned has come to harvest this condemned soul!"
(everyone will see this message when the damned's chosen target is hanged)

"The Damned lives again! Upon being exposed to his ghastly aura a second time you are temporarily rendered mute from sheer terror you cannot participate in voting in anyway for one day!"
(marked players will receive this message when the damned revives him self at end of night)

"Name is no longer damned they live once again!"
(everyone sees this when the damned revives himself like retribunist message.)

Achievements:
Spoiler: Death's Slave: Win your first game as a Damned.
Death's Servant: Win 5 games as a Damned.
Death's Lackey: Win 10 games as a Damned.
Death's Enforcer: Win 25 games as a Damned.
Over Achiever: Win by day 4. (fastest possible you can do this)
Cutting it Close! : Win the day the game ends.
Town's Mascot: Harvest only Mafia souls and win.
Mafia's Lapdog: Harvest only Town souls and win.
Equal Opportunist: Harvest souls all from different alignments and win.
Wannabe Killer: Harvest only murdered souls and win.(people who died during the night)
Wannabe Executioner: Harvest only condemned souls and win.(people who died from hanging)
Any Soul Will Do!: Harvest a mix of the condemned and murdered souls and win.
Who's Laughing Now?!: Win and be the only one left alive when the game ends.
(its funny cause instead of you being the only one dead at the start your the only one alive at the end!)

Lore: Spoiler: The Damned was a former Investigator who was angry at town for not lynching a person who he had found proof had killed his wife. Driven by grief and anger the investigator decided to take the law into his own hands late in the late of night he visited this persons house and shot and killed them. the next day it turned out they were an innocent town member who had been framed by the framer.

Instead of feeling remorse the Investigator became somewhat deranged he reasoned that the town member had deserved it! the town member was complicit in his families murder by not listening to him sooner they all were to blame every last one and the real murders had to die! The next night in the poring rain the Investigator took his gun to shoot another "evildoer".

This time the Mayor and the sheriff were ready and hiding out in the town square when they saw him leave his house with a gun they confronted him. In Anger he confessed to his crimes railed at them they were stopping him from doing his job his duty! The mayor and sheriff tried to arrest him for murder and conspiring to murder another but he would not go in quietly a gun battle ensued

The Investigator was shot and mortally wounded. As the town member lay dying the pouring rain it was then he realized in his grief and anger he had done a terrible things and that he didn't want to die he had a whole life ahead him to live and a a family to avenge just maybe maybe he could redeem himself maybe he could right his wrongs but first he had to live!

It was then that death appeared only before him in his hooded robe cloaked in mist scythe held in skeletal hands and said into the dying town members mind "anything you said"? "You are about to die but what if I offered you a second chance, a better life where you would live forever? ""Anything! anything just give me a second chance." the town member thought back.

"Very well" said death "After you die I will give you a new form one where you are not quite dead but not quite alive either, you will be agonizing pain and alone and unseen in this form ,
If you don't complete my task by the deadline you will remain this way damned unseen and in agony in purgatory forever"
. "If you do complete my task I will revive you in a new immortal body that is invulnerable to injury and never hungers , tires or feels pain do you accept?" Without even caring what the task was the town member accepted he reasoned anything was better than the dawning abyss of the unknown that was death. He would complete whatever the task was, he had to!

"Very well" said Death "your task is to harvest me 3 freshly killed souls. 3 souls, this should be enough payment for me to overlook your death and give you a new body. However it will take you some time to harvest these souls, they must be freshly killed so be sure to pick who you think will die wisely for a soul dissipates quickly!"

Shortly after the deal with Death was struck the town member died and he rose from his body a shade of his former self. He had job to do and the clock was ticking because if he didnt complete his task in time he would remain damned forever...

Why I feel this role is balanced

Spoiler: -Only the day the damned revives himself will he be powerful his vote might decide which way the game goes
(since alot people will be unable to vote for that day)
-After the day he revives himself he is like a survivor but immune and also has a lot of information he can choose to share (still sees all of the chat while alive)

-The damned is really only a threat to everyone while he is still dead.
- there are usually 5-7 days in a game the damned must predict a death 3 times to win this is not and easy thing to do in 5-7 days

-The idea is when the damned is dead he is everyone's enemy no one wants him to live again (Besides NK)

-This is why the damned can see all chat and he has all this information but is he smart enough to process it all and make the right decision?

-But once hes is alive the damage is done and he is an extra vote, who as all ready won
-Now everyone wants to be his friend. (much like an executioner who has all ready won)
-Unlike the executioner though his role is 100% confirmed becasue of they mere fact he is alive and since he just revived himself!

Feedback I need the most:

Spoiler: -Should the retribunist be able to revive a a harvested soul that died?

-Are the ways neutral killing roles interact with the damned fair ( is it to hard for the damned or to easy to harvest a soul?)

-How long should the marked penalty last? (one day , two days , the rest of the game? ect...\)

-Is 3 harvested souls to much - MAYBE 2? (remember the less people there are the easier it will be to predict who will die)
(if i made it 2 i would take away part where hangings count (3 does seems like a more balanced number though))
Last edited by Mystoc on Sun Jun 04, 2017 2:12 pm, edited 59 times in total.
Mystoc
Amnesiac
Amnesiac

Re: Damned (Neutral Benign) (Revised! Very Detailed!)

Postby Mystoc » Thu Jan 19, 2017 5:18 pm

I updated a few things and added a poll any thoughts?
Mystoc
Amnesiac
Amnesiac

Postby sh99er » Fri Jan 20, 2017 1:49 am

Ima go ahead and support the idea for the rest of the game idea with the revival marking thing as it may not even effect the game much otherwise
Check out my ideas:
My Guardian Faction
My Elemental Faction
My Spirit Faction
My Demon Faction

After agreeing that as Godfather id have my mafioso make food for me, here was a funny response.
Jezz wrote:Godfather: mafioso, make me a sandwich
Mafioso: ...we kinda should kill one of our enemies tonight sir
Godfather: no I'm hungry fuck you
sh99er
Spy
Spy

Location: When I'm at my home....London...when I'm at boarding school...hell.

Postby lemonader666 » Fri Jan 20, 2017 2:36 am

This is very good role(i suck so don't expect me to have good feedbacks)

you can email me at lemonader666@gmail.com if need be
lemonader666
[Forum Mafia XVI] Winner
[Forum Mafia XVI] Winner

Postby BlazinIce » Fri Jan 20, 2017 7:43 am

Undertaker is a better version than this
How to get unlimited Town Points in Town of Salem
I'm a forum regular. You may see me in Role Ideas (critiquing bad roles), Testing Grounds, Feedback, Suggestions, or Forum Games. I'm also in ToS as Noone.

Mortician -A Neutral Evil Janitor that buries lynches. Has over 100 supporters!
Gossiper -A Neutral Evil role that gives a player valuable information about another player each night.
BlazinIce
Vigilante
Vigilante

Postby Mystoc » Fri Jan 20, 2017 11:35 am

BlazinIce wrote:Undertaker is a better version than this

how so? what are the differences i have never heard of this role idea before what do u like better about it?
Mystoc
Amnesiac
Amnesiac

Postby Mystoc » Fri Jan 20, 2017 11:40 am

sh99er wrote:Ima go ahead and support the idea for the rest of the game idea with the revival marking thing as it may not even effect the game much otherwise

so you like the idea harvested souls shouldnt be able to revived by the ret? (it does make sense game wise how can you revive something that has no soul?)

EDIT - the rest of the game seems way too strong i was thinking two days would the most it should be

EDIT added this question to poll
Last edited by Mystoc on Fri Jan 20, 2017 8:09 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Mystoc
Amnesiac
Amnesiac

Postby BlazinIce » Fri Jan 20, 2017 3:36 pm

Mystoc wrote:

how so? what are the differences i have never heard of this role idea before what do u like better about it?

It can talk with people and it has impact, it is also hugely supported
I'm a forum regular. You may see me in Role Ideas (critiquing bad roles), Testing Grounds, Feedback, Suggestions, or Forum Games. I'm also in ToS as Noone.

Gossiper -A Neutral Evil role that gives a player valuable information about another player each night.
BlazinIce
Vigilante
Vigilante

Postby Mystoc » Fri Jan 20, 2017 3:59 pm

BlazinIce wrote:
Mystoc wrote:

It can talk with people and it has impact, it is also hugely supported

i have i read what undertaker does the only similarity is predicting 3 deaths (the rest of people dont care if u do no pentalty for them if u win)
- also the undertaker is alive and leaves the game after it wins
- there is also no real penalty if the undertaker get his 3 predictions and leaves game (beside buried cant be revived)
- i see no downside to claim undertaker at start of game either. (besides fact people might not believe u)
- he seems like a super survivor since hes immune the whole game and because no one has to be dead for him to win and since he can cummicate with the living he can make deals with the living to win very easly
(ex: Ex im undertaker tonight i pick john to die we ill hang him tommorow , i will side with u mafia)
- i dont see how it has a huge impact on the game maybe im missing something? (the only negative i see is buired roles cant be revived)
- all the undertaker to me is like a vote who can pick a side an make deals so who he picks dies very easly
- it also seems to me the undertaker is motivated to side with the killing roles like mafia or NK since they control who dies most of the time

heres link of the page i read https://www.blankmediagames.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=35871&hilit=undertaker

- it is a good role idea but it very different from my idea
- it has a lot support because it was suggested over a year ago.

my role has a huge impact if it wins the day it wins also it has so much info it can share and can still vote after it wins
Last edited by Mystoc on Fri Jan 20, 2017 4:16 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Mystoc
Amnesiac
Amnesiac

Postby BlazinIce » Fri Jan 20, 2017 4:14 pm

I know the link, damned has no reason to live except to kingmake, there shouldn't be a punishment for leaving after you win, undertaker's not more powerful than a survivor since he has to accomplish a goal. Undertaker making deals is hard because it hurts the town if the undertaker succeeds. Undertaker has to find information, stay out of conflict, and utalize it. Your role has no impact.

BlazinIce
Vigilante
Vigilante

Postby Mystoc » Fri Jan 20, 2017 4:39 pm

BlazinIce wrote:I know the link, damned has no reason to live except to kingmake, there shouldn't be a punishment for leaving after you win, undertaker's not more powerful than a survivor since he has to accomplish a goal. Undertaker making deals is hard because it hurts the town if the undertaker succeeds. Undertaker has to find information, stay out of conflict, and utalize it. Your role has no impact.

The Undertaker

-the only negative i see for town is buired roles cant be revived (first there must be a ret and then the buried role must also be town)
- survivor has 4 vest undertaker is just immune
- i read in post the danger is he can be found out to be night immune but he can just claim undertaker day no one will try to kill him (like surv does)
- even in his invest results (janitor , meduim , undertaker) he is the only immune role so its not like hes trying to hide being immune like NK or GF
- and sheriff can see hes NS so that eliminates janitor.
- when it is clear he can side with evils or towns he can tell them who to kill and get his predictions easily
- if he sides with town really only ww or asro can kill him since since he is immune there is no real fear since u cant kill him
- a WW or Asro would never waste a night to kill a undertaker becasue the undertaker could be alive and they can still win.
- town will never waste a day to hang an undertaker with mafia and NK still alive (unless they had no leads whatsoever and he claimed it like day 1)
- usauly a undertaker can just wait till evil has majority then side with them (by telling them who to kill so he wins)
(ex undertaker has 1 prediction done - 2 town left and two mafia and the undertaker are alive who would he side with?)
- he would side with the mafia since they have the killing power
- mafia wants to help the undertaker because he is voting power , all undertaker has to do is say who to kill once the evils have majority
- (the only town role that can him kill during night is jailer)

-the damned cant do that becasue he cant speak to the living and mafia wouldnt want to help them win because they would get the marked debuff

The Damned

- my role has impact he changes how people play the game while it is dead by making people avoid killiing obvious targets
- he can talk with the medium / and if a dead get revives he can speak with town what damned said while he was dead
- I also feel like he also indireactly buffs the meduim and nuertral killing which is good they are weak roles atm
- once he is alive this is where he has most of his impact happens he stops votes for the day and has alot info share and is a vote himself

-why shouldnt there be a punishment? (otherwise no one really cares at all if he wins or looses unless it gets him to side with them)
-in fact if there was no punishment he would almost always side with the evil side since they do most of the killing that will help him win
- a punishment makes the damned truly a neutral role to me no one wants him to win at all (everyone is against him expect maybe NK)
- instead of killing him to stop him they have to outsmart him to stop him
(no person can know for sure who he will side with so its better to just make sure he doesn't win and there is a pentalty that no one wants)
- to me the damned earned the right to be a kingmaker after he has won the game because everyone was against him and it is very hard to win
- I think it is fine to me most of his power comes after he wins the game.

Two points

- I have considered changing it so if the damned harvests a soul it cant be revived that is in feedback section
- i think the marked penalty for him winning is impactful, but if u can think of a better one please let me know thanks!
Last edited by Mystoc on Fri Jan 20, 2017 7:49 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Mystoc
Amnesiac
Amnesiac

Postby BlazinIce » Fri Jan 20, 2017 5:39 pm

How does damned make people avoid killing targets

BlazinIce
Vigilante
Vigilante

Postby Mystoc » Fri Jan 20, 2017 6:04 pm

BlazinIce wrote:How does damned make people avoid killing targets

-if they kill a target he picked lets say john had to confess his role was doctor because he got voted up to the stand
-mafia wants john dead he is a top target cause he saves town members
-They know the damned knows this and that he will probably predict john will die.
- do they kill him anway? the mafiso or GF will get marked if they do and the damned harvested his soul
- maybe they figure its worth the risk cause the damned will only get one soul and he might not revive himself anyway so nothing bad will happen
- but they have no idea how many souls the damned has harvested it could be 0-2 souls it worth the risk?
- sometimes they will kill the obvious target anyway casue it worth the risk sometimes they wont cause they dont want the penalty if the damned wins

again if you say the pentaly is not enough discouragement plz leave suggestions on what a good penalty might be!
this what i need feedback on the most!
Last edited by Mystoc on Fri Jan 20, 2017 7:53 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Mystoc
Amnesiac
Amnesiac

Postby BlazinIce » Fri Jan 20, 2017 6:05 pm

There's no penalty

BlazinIce
Vigilante
Vigilante

Postby Mystoc » Fri Jan 20, 2017 6:07 pm

BlazinIce wrote:There's no penalty

i dont think you read my role idea in detail

Abilities:

Select one person each night that is alive if they die in anyway till the end of next day you harvest their soul (includes hanging)

- any who visited the dead target or voted guilty on target you choose are exposed to your ghastly aura when you come to harvest the soul they become "marked"

- neutral killing is immune to the damned's aura , cannot be marked (since they are pure evil or insane the damned's ghastly aura has no effect on neutral killing)

- if you revive yourself (harvest your final soul) any that are marked, for that day only will be unable to vote and their vote will not count has part of the majority needed to vote someone up to be hanged

- cannot vote innocent or guilty either once someone is voted up must abstain if marked
Last edited by Mystoc on Fri Jan 20, 2017 8:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mystoc
Amnesiac
Amnesiac

Postby BlazinIce » Fri Jan 20, 2017 6:08 pm

Who cares if you have revived, you already won

BlazinIce
Vigilante
Vigilante

Postby Mystoc » Fri Jan 20, 2017 6:12 pm

BlazinIce wrote:Who cares if you have revived, you already won

the rest of people alive cares because if they are marked they cant vote , you might not care who wins since uve won.

but there will be others in alive in the game and some wont be marked this will be there chance to swing the game
and also they will try to get on ur good side so u side with them!

no one wants a day where they cant vote and arent part of the majority so they will try to stop the damned from winning

also the game isnt just about winning once uve won its very fun to be able to influence who wins it makes u feel important (like executioner)

EDIT: the idea of penalty isn't to help u once uve won its ment to hurt you while you are still trying to win becasue people dont want you to win because if you do the penalty will happen

---- if there was no penalty mafia would just say in mafia chat hey damned im gonna kill john tonight (since he sees everything everyone says)
we will help u win very fast ok just pick who we say were gonna kill then u can side with us once you have won!
(this is why there is a penalty so no one wants him to win)

again if the penalty is not good enough leave suggestions on a better penatly!
Mystoc
Amnesiac
Amnesiac

Re: Damned (Neutral Benign) (Feedback Needed!)

Postby BlazinIce » Sat Jan 21, 2017 5:53 am

How can they get on your good side? You provide no use to the town, and nobody can stop you from winning because you're already dead. One day where people can't vote is better.

BlazinIce
Vigilante
Vigilante

Postby Mystoc » Sat Jan 21, 2017 11:15 am

BlazinIce wrote:How can they get on your good side? You provide no use to the town, and nobody can stop you from winning because you're already dead. One day where people can't vote is better.

they can get on you good side by typing stuff to through normal conversation i mean how does a exec decide who they side with once they have won its who they like better. You are another vote that is suddenly alive and on the first day you stop people from voting who are marked how is that no use? (immagine there is 3 mafia and and 3 and town and 1 sk and u revive urself and two mafia are marked suddenly town might have a chance to win.)

Ok think of bodygaurd and transporter and Lookout they all predict who they think will die and use it to their advantage.
- BG saves his target and dies with the killer
-Trans tries to saves his target by moving him and misdirects the people who visit him to another target.
- Lookout - tries to pick the target who dies so he can report later who killed them

- The damned is thinking LIke these 3 roles above he wants to pick who might die

all these roles have predict who will die maximize there effectiveness.

- now think that everyone wants to avoid helping the damned revive himself instead of trying to pick the target you think will die you pick you pick targets you think wont die.

-Clues to who will die are

-has this person been vocal alot ?
-is the persons role known?
-If it the role is known do the evils want it dead like Doc or Mayor?
-does this person have a controversial like name "Trump" that might casuse them to die?
-also was a person called out for being mafia at end the night maybe jailor will execute them
or they get hanged the next day.

-the players play around the damned by being opposite of they think he might think he will pick
-they target the person that might not be obviously the first logical person to die maybe.

- The only info the damned has a what people say nothing else choose when to share info

-Watch what you say before a night ends , if there are 10 seconds in the voting stage left and you want to tell town you found Dave is mafia and your sheriff maybe its better to wait till morning so the damned cant predict Dave will die during the night / from hanging.
- when you reveal info always try to reveal it for the first time if the Damned doesnt know it he doesnt know it he probably didn't use it to predict who would die.

you play around the damned well he is dead by doing what u think he wouldn't do

a perfect example is how mafia try to avoid obvious BG targets.
Saying the nobody can stop the damned from winning is like saying
The mafia cant stop the BG from killing one of them
Or that the mafia cant stop the LO from seeing them vist the target they killed

in these examples above this would have to happen 3 times for the damned to win

saying you cant stop the damned from winning is simply not the case

Edit:
-you mean for those that are marked I do like one day also of the marked not being able to vote
-if you mean everyone in general cant vote i disagree this is un interactive because people will feel like they played around the damned and are getting punished because of others mistakes and not theirs, if someone avoided visiting the damned targets 3 times they should not be punished with a penalty because they out thought him it was others that didn't (again i like the penalty for one day only)
Last edited by Mystoc on Sat Jan 21, 2017 11:57 am, edited 4 times in total.
Mystoc
Amnesiac
Amnesiac

Postby Jerme » Sat Jan 21, 2017 11:42 am

There is hardly a way to stop the damned from succeeding as they cannot be roleblocked or stopped with a kill...
Why is the Damned able to read all chats and whispers? That is ridiculously OP and made me deem this role as a joke.
--
Can the Damned be killed once revived?
Why would be damned be revived after they archieved their goal? If it is only for making the players unable to vote, then that thing is senseless, as removing the abiltiy to vote would strip the town from winning. Also why would the Damned be able to vote someone up, but not to guilty/inno the person? Can an Amnesiac remember to have been a Damned? Can there be more than one Damned? The Retributionist revival should still go through and take the soul away, in order to allow at least some counterplay.

I do not support this role as all.
Disclaimer: I try to abide by the game's softfilter and use the appropriate replacements, when I am using the forums. Those will be set in brackets. Example: [tarnation]
Visit my role suggestions and give me feedback: http://www.blankmediagames.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=28949

Visit the Testing Grounds
Occupation: A developers pain and joy (QA-fox), currently "hired" by Ralozey
Jerme
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Mystoc » Sat Jan 21, 2017 11:50 am

Jerme wrote:There is hardly a way to stop the damned from succeeding as they cannot be roleblocked or stopped with a kill...
Why is the Damned able to read all chats and whispers? That is ridiculously OP and made me deem this role as a joke.
--
Can the Damned be killed once revived?
Why would be damned be revived after they archieved their goal? If it is only for making the players unable to vote, then that thing is senseless, as removing the abiltiy to vote would strip the town from winning. Also why would the Damned be able to vote someone up, but not to guilty/inno the person? Can an Amnesiac remember to have been a Damned? Can there be more than one Damned? The Retributionist revival should still go through and take the soul away, in order to allow at least some counterplay.

I do not support this role as all.

you are asking questions and all of them are answered in my role idea i dont think you read it in detail i will answer them anyway even though you didnt take the time to read it.

You are a shade who has sinned not quite Alive or Dead unseen by the living, you have made a deal with Death who has promised to give you a new immortal body if you complete his task.

-he died and wants to live again that is his goal thats why he becomes alive again read the lore which has a much longer explanation.

-he only stops vote of those marked for ONE day not everyone

- you completely misread the abilities part

- if you revive yourself (harvest your final soul) any that are marked, for that day only will be unable to vote and their vote will not count has part of the majority needed to vote someone up to be hanged

- cannot vote innocent or guilty either once someone is voted up must abstain if marked

Edit : also not only town members recieive this debuff which lasts only ONE day any visiting role can get this debuff
(if anything this helps town a little bit more since they have 3 non visitng roles
(meduim and mayor spy)

-i stated in attributes that the damned is a unique role anme cant ever remember unique roles

-the damned cant be targeted in anyway his new body is immortal read lore anyway even if the damned could be killed / hanged what town or mafia would waste a hang / night to kill a player they know all ready won

again why he is able to read all chat is whispers is answered in my role idea

- he is really only a threat to everyone while he is still dead.
- there are usually 5-7 days in a game the damned must predict a death 3 times to win this is not and easy thing to do in 5-7 days

-the idea is when the damned is dead he is everyone's enemy no one wants him to live again (Besides NK)

- this is why the damned can see all chat and he as all this information but is he smart enough to process it all and make the right decision?

EDIT the only point you have brought that has not been answered is the ret damned interaction the counter play is picking targets to kill / hang who u think the damned wont pick to die
- if the the ret could take away a soul he would need to predict and harvest a soul 4 times which is basicly impossible a game lasts 4-7 days usauly if a ret could do this it what basicly mean an auto loose for the damned.
-
Last edited by Mystoc on Sat Jan 21, 2017 12:24 pm, edited 14 times in total.
Mystoc
Amnesiac
Amnesiac

Postby BlazinIce » Sat Jan 21, 2017 11:56 am

Balance > Lore

BlazinIce
Vigilante
Vigilante

Postby Mystoc » Sat Jan 21, 2017 12:00 pm

BlazinIce wrote:Balance > Lore

im sorry in my post where im explaing things most of which are in the role idea that u barely read im adding things in to each of your questions im not done updating the post above yours

-the damned cant be targeted in anyway his new body is immortal read lore even if the damned could be killed / hanged what town or mafia would waste a hang / night to kill a player they know all ready won

lets say theres 3 town and 2 mafia and 1 damned is the mafia ever gonna waste a night to kill the dmaned that all ready won why would they do that?

i actually added him being immune to being targeted in order to help mafia / killing roles incase they forget who the damned is and waste a killing him / night attacking him
Mystoc
Amnesiac
Amnesiac

Postby TheMajesticSammie » Sat Jan 21, 2017 1:33 pm

Your grammar is so terrible that I can't understand you.
TheMajesticSammie
Spy
Spy

Postby Mystoc » Sat Jan 21, 2017 1:46 pm

TheMajesticSammie wrote:Your grammar is so terrible that I can't understand you.

sorry i have tried to try my best to explain, i copy and pasted exact wording from my role idea above and highlight the parts u didnt see.

-if my grammar is bad i apologize i have tired my best to type things correctly and make sure they make sense

edit - I am dyslexic so i tend to misspell thing / skip words i do my best to read over what a wrote and try to fix my mistakes so i do apologize for spelling mistakes!

- what parts are so bad you cant read them let me know! so i can fix them

also if have you any feedback besides my grammar is bad that would be helpful let me know i want to get this role right!
Last edited by Mystoc on Sat Jan 21, 2017 2:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mystoc
Amnesiac
Amnesiac

Next

Return to Role Idea Archives