Drifter (Neutral Chaos) (feedback please)

Old Role Ideas

Should it be added to the game?

Yes
44%
Maybe with a few edits
44%
No its UP
No votes
No its OP
6%
No i dont like the concept
6%

Total votes : 18

Re: Drifter (Neutral Chaos) (100 views)

Postby sh99er » Sun Jan 01, 2017 8:01 am

Bump...why are all of my roles being "ignored"
Check out my ideas:
My Guardian Faction
My Elemental Faction
My Spirit Faction
My Demon Faction

After agreeing that as Godfather id have my mafioso make food for me, here was a funny response.
Jezz wrote:Godfather: mafioso, make me a sandwich
Mafioso: ...we kinda should kill one of our enemies tonight sir
Godfather: no I'm hungry fuck you
sh99er
Spy
Spy

Location: When I'm at my home....London...when I'm at boarding school...hell.

Postby sh99er » Mon Jan 02, 2017 8:39 am

Bump
Check out my ideas:
My Guardian Faction
My Elemental Faction
My Spirit Faction
My Demon Faction

After agreeing that as Godfather id have my mafioso make food for me, here was a funny response.
sh99er
Spy
Spy

Postby Spectre0 » Mon Jan 02, 2017 8:45 am

They're not being ignored, but all the people who commonly comment on roles have done so.

Try shooting the TG staff a message and see what happens.
Spectre0
Bodyguard
Bodyguard

Postby sh99er » Mon Jan 02, 2017 8:47 am

Spectre0 wrote:They're not being ignored, but all the people who commonly comment on roles have done so.

Try shooting the TG staff a message and see what happens.

Its just my newer ones (Succubus, Drifter, Estimator, Merciless) are constantly shoved to 2nd page. I expect my older ones (Slave, Merchant, Deafener) to be so but not the newest ones that havnt got much on them. But i shall message a Tg staff then.
Check out my ideas:
My Guardian Faction
My Elemental Faction
My Spirit Faction
My Demon Faction

sh99er
Spy
Spy

Postby Damafaud » Mon Jan 02, 2017 9:26 am

It's holiday season. Posting traffic is heavier. Also, more newbies are coming.
Hi.
Toasts are nice. And cookies. COOKIES!

Damafaud
Consort
Consort

Postby sh99er » Mon Jan 02, 2017 10:52 am

Damafaud wrote:It's holiday season. Posting traffic is heavier. Also, more newbies are coming.

I can see that, bumped my things. All but this one already almost on 2nd page
Check out my ideas:
My Guardian Faction
My Elemental Faction
My Spirit Faction
My Demon Faction

sh99er
Spy
Spy

Postby LopezZ » Mon Jan 02, 2017 6:09 pm

Just to clarify, if the Drifter gets transported then the Drifter's target gets transported instead?
roses are red
my name is Zach
some poems don't make sense
baked mac

Check out my role ideas:
Reporter: NC or NB?
Mage: TK
LopezZ

Postby sh99er » Mon Jan 02, 2017 6:50 pm

LopezZ wrote:Just to clarify, if the Drifter gets transported then the Drifter's target gets transported instead?

Yea
Check out my ideas:
My Guardian Faction
My Elemental Faction
My Spirit Faction
My Demon Faction

sh99er
Spy
Spy

Postby sh99er » Wed May 03, 2017 3:18 pm

I dont know if this counts as necro bumbing or something. But if it does ill just repost it i guess. Been a while but no one (yet >.>) hated this role so here it is again.
Check out my ideas:
My Guardian Faction
My Elemental Faction
My Spirit Faction
My Demon Faction

sh99er
Spy
Spy

Postby Fenraiser » Wed May 03, 2017 3:31 pm

I think this role would be hard to win as, and as a lone role that cannot directly kill, on a 1v1 with an NK or Immune GF, it will lose automatically.

I can see this role as a neutral evil because it needs a killing role to be able to fulfill its goal (The goal is to kill everyone, but to get there, you really do need an NK or TK to work, and I don't think a chaos role should be reliant on that.

I do like the role though as a transporter alternative.
deathofrats0808 wrote:
James wrote:DEATH! I JUST WANT ONE MORE BREATH!
CAAN YOOOU GRANT MEE ONE MOOOORE PLEEEEEEEEAAASE!?

All out of breath I'm afraid. I only have existential dread left.
Fenraiser
Veteran
Veteran

Postby sh99er » Wed May 03, 2017 3:34 pm

Fenraiser wrote:I think this role would be hard to win as, and as a lone role that cannot directly kill, on a 1v1 with an NK or Immune GF, it will lose automatically.

I can see this role as a neutral evil because it needs a killing role to be able to fulfill its goal (The goal is to kill everyone, but to get there, you really do need an NK or TK to work, and I don't think a chaos role should be reliant on that.

I do like the role though as a transporter alternative.

ahh but if you checked, you would see it wins all 1v1. But the downside is of course, it needs to some how get it TO a 1v1

but i could make it a NE, if needed be
Check out my ideas:
My Guardian Faction
My Elemental Faction
My Spirit Faction
My Demon Faction

sh99er
Spy
Spy

Postby Mroz4k » Wed May 03, 2017 3:41 pm

Just a quick reminder - even if you are the OP, double posting is not allowed. Do not double post, follow the Forum rules. If you need to add something more, those buttons next to the avatars on your last message will have "Edit" button. Use that to edit the other things in. Additionaly, bumping up in similar matter is also not allowed.

As for the actual role - so this is something of a "self-Transporter Neutral role. Again, immidiatedly points down for it being a Neutral Chaos role.
Oh look, it dies if bitten by a Vampire, which is another NC role. Because there are totally two different NC roles in a general game. Sounds logical.
Goal: The same like Neutral Killing. + Abilities: lacks the ability to kill people directly = makes total sense. Will win if in 1v1 with another role, can be a killer. Meaning it directly relies on a Killing role to be the last person standing along with it. Very balanced indeed.

I am just going to take a very wild guess: You only play All Any, dont you?
Because your ideas dont have a hint of balancing in them and you really dont seem to care about balance at all.

Id friendly reccomend you to refrain from creating Neutral Chaos roles or any other roles that cannot be included in balanced games and would be fair to the rest of the game. Such roles should never be added into the game to begin with.

Im not against NC by default, if a decent role fits a NC cathegory, Id be okay with it, but that suballignment only attracts people into coming up with riddiculous role ideas and broken concepts.
Mroz4k
Vampire Hunter
Vampire Hunter

Postby Fenraiser » Wed May 03, 2017 4:30 pm

Personally, I think it would be easier to make this role a unique neutral evil role. I think that would balance the role. After seeing Mroz's feedback, I think that it is the best way to go, and in addition, making this role exactly like a transporter besides the goal would work as you can only do something to people if others visit you (and that would be bad, and I did not realize it before until Mroz pointed it out)

Ideally, a role idea that is trying to be implemented should be stand-alone, not relying on a one specific role to win, and it should be able to used in a variety of different game modes, especially in ranked.

Also, I ask is, is a neutral transporter inherently imbalanced? The Role Ideas Not To Make say rehashes of town roles should not be made, but would it be okay if there was a unique neutral evil transporter? Please PM me so I do not derail the thread unless it relates.

Also, try not to be salty guys. You guys are valuable sources of feedback and information to each other.
deathofrats0808 wrote:

Fenraiser
Veteran
Veteran

Postby Mystoc » Wed May 03, 2017 9:37 pm

let see if i get this

it really isnt a neutral transporter its a diverter its just who you divert to gets a message saying they were transported

for example if mafia attacks who u divert to they wont kill you instead they still kill that person

you say they win if if they get into a 1v1 but what if its with a mayor i feel the mayor should win here casue they have the power to vote you up and kill you

overall i like this role alot but i feel like if the game ends like town kills all mafia and NK
it shouldnt go on casue the diverter is still alive though the game should just end
Mystoc
Amnesiac
Amnesiac

Postby Mroz4k » Wed May 03, 2017 11:22 pm

Mystoc wrote:let see if i get this

it really isnt a neutral transporter its a diverter its just who you divert to gets a message saying they were transported

Obviously. I did say it was "something of an Neutral Transporter", not exactly that. Obviously if it worked both ways, the role would easily die if someone attacked their target.

To be proper, it is something we refer to as One-way self-Transporter. Call it diverter if you want I guess. BTW, this makes the role basically invincible in the night as everything gets diverted to B. Only exceptions are Werewolf, Jailor and Vampires, apparently.
Mystoc wrote:you say they win if if they get into a 1v1 but what if its with a mayor i feel the mayor should win here casue they have the power to vote you up and kill you

1v1 with Mayor is not considered a "stalemate" situation by the game. Stalemate detector wouldnt end the game. The Mayor has time to reveal and hang them, it could not be any other way.

Mystoc wrote:overall i like this role alot but i feel like if the game ends like town kills all mafia and NK
it shouldnt go on casue the diverter is still alive though the game should just end

Id like to see some particular point as to why you like this role so much, because most of what you said was void of opinion. What do you like about it?
Mroz4k
Vampire Hunter
Vampire Hunter

Postby Mystoc » Thu May 04, 2017 8:35 am

Id like to see some particular point as to why you like this role so much, because most of what you said was void of opinion. What do you like about it?

its sorta like a one way transporter but its goal inst to help town or mafia or even anyone its just to kill and chaos everywhere

chaos roles are very underepresnted in the fourms and are hard to make but this feels balanced and really does cause chaos but in a balanced way

night immunity is not a bad thing it causes alot chaos yes but the person knows they were diverted to usuauly through deduction if only on person reports they were transported , its night immunity isnt really the main part of this role its to casue chaos like redirct vig to a town member who tries to shoot you

since its goal it to get into a 1v1 (besdies witch surv jestor and exe)
and it has no killing power itsself night immunity makes up for its extremely hard goal
you are basicly at the whims of others to help you win or hope you get targeted

i like the role casue you need smart thinking to plan out how you will get into a 1v1 situation to win the game

also its a chaos role and i love them most people hate them just casue its a chaos without looking at the role itself but i think this balanced

you can kill it through jailor and hanging and sorta ww but it as no power to kill and as a hard goal = balanced
Mystoc
Amnesiac
Amnesiac

Postby sh99er » Thu May 04, 2017 2:56 pm

Mystoc wrote:you can kill it through jailor and hanging and sorta ww but it as no power to kill and as a hard goal = balanced

this is exactly what i thought. Yes its powerful as it can pass on what happens (it only dies to vamps if it didnt pass it onto someone btw) but as it has a hard goal, its fair. So this is exactly what im going for and also why I couldnt put it into NE as NE win with evils and not town, but NC is for a role like this. Against all (sparing a few)
Check out my ideas:
My Guardian Faction
My Elemental Faction
My Spirit Faction
My Demon Faction

sh99er
Spy
Spy

Postby Fenraiser » Thu May 04, 2017 3:30 pm

sh99er wrote:
Mystoc wrote:you can kill it through jailor and hanging and sorta ww but it as no power to kill and as a hard goal = balanced

this is exactly what i thought. Yes its powerful as it can pass on what happens (it only dies to vamps if it didnt pass it onto someone btw) but as it has a hard goal, its fair. So this is exactly what im going for and also why I couldnt put it into NE as NE win with evils and not town, but NC is for a role like this. Against all (sparing a few)

This role can only pass on actions directed to itself, so its utility is limited. If I understand the role correctly.
deathofrats0808 wrote:

Fenraiser
Veteran
Veteran

Postby Mystoc » Thu May 04, 2017 4:02 pm

wait why is there a vampire interaction at all they both NC,
NC is ANY always vamps and drifter can never meet each other... cause there only ever one any

unless you balancing this for all any mode??
Mystoc
Amnesiac
Amnesiac

Postby Mroz4k » Fri May 05, 2017 2:53 am

Mystoc wrote:its sorta like a one way transporter but its goal inst to help town or mafia or even anyone its just to kill and chaos everywhere

"kill and chaos everywhere". How is this a "good" thing. Its a Neutral role that "kills", but its not Neutral Killing role. (and yea, NEs kill too, but Exe only can through hanging, for Jester its a 1time reward, and for Witch its just one way to abuse Town. They dont need to kill to win the game, except Exec of course). This role is required to kill to win the game. But it cant kill on its own, so its reliant on the kills of others. So what happens if this role rolls out in a game which doesnt have many killers in it? Its immidiatedly in big dissadvantage.
Mystoc wrote:chaos roles are very underepresnted in the fourms and are hard to make but this feels balanced and really does cause chaos but in a balanced way

How does it "cause chaos" in a balanced way? All I see is that its trying to get
Mystoc wrote:night immunity is not a bad thing it causes alot chaos yes but the person knows they were diverted to usuauly through deduction if only on person reports they were transported , its night immunity isnt really the main part of this role its to casue chaos like redirct vig to a town member who tries to shoot you

Mystoc wrote:since its goal it to get into a 1v1 (besdies witch surv jestor and exe)
and it has no killing power itsself night immunity makes up for its extremely hard goal
you are basicly at the whims of others to help you win or hope you get targeted

It doesnt have night immunity, not last time I checked. It can still be invincible via redirecting all actions from themselves to others, but thats not night immunity.
It has no killing power but relies on killing exclusively to win the game. That is like giving Vampire Hunter ability to kill Vampires, and give him a goal of eradicating all Mafia using its ability. Its abilities cannot be used to achieve the goal on their own, which is a requirement for a Neutral role, someone who is "alone", not a part of the team. ESPECIALLY if their goal is to WIN ALONE.
"you are basicly at the whims of others to help you win or hope you get targeted" = exactly what its wrong with it.

Mystoc wrote:i like the role casue you need smart thinking to plan out how you will get into a 1v1 situation to win the game

= "I like the role because it requires me to play the game". Thats literally what you just said. Every role in the game ever requires the player to think smart and plan out how to achieve their goal.
Mystoc wrote:also its a chaos role and i love them most people hate them just casue its a chaos without looking at the role itself but i think this balanced

I havent seen a person who would hate roles just cause they are chaos. I know a lot of people who hate the Chaos suballignment because it shouldnt be a thing, or they hate the Neutral Chaos roles because they are bad for one reason or another.

That is not how balance works, at all.

Now if it was Neutral Evil and had the Witch goal, and no riddiculous extra scenarios like that shit with WW, Jailor, or Vampires, then MAYBE it would be closing in on a viable game role. Not that we need another NE in the game...

Mystoc, I think that either you dont know what you want, or you just dont see the issues as issue, or, and I think this is most likely the case, you are just trying to be nice to OP to cheer them on. IMHO I think that deluding someone into thinking their idea is great when its not is pretty cruel but thats just me. Hence why Id rather be a dick but an honest one.
Mystoc wrote:wait why is there a vampire interaction at all they both NC,
NC is ANY always vamps and drifter can never meet each other... cause there only ever one any

unless you balancing this for all any mode??
I mean, last time I checked, in the custom modes one can choose each role ingame specifically, or "any" up to three times. But maybe this changes. Point here is that they "could" meet together, but in a "balanced" game they never would have because there wouldnt be more then 1 NC ever in a balanced game. (in fact there should be none because Vampires are naturally "unbalanceable" as a non-killing faction.
Mroz4k
Vampire Hunter
Vampire Hunter

Postby Mystoc » Sun Jun 25, 2017 3:01 pm

eh i dont think its balanced vampires arent balanced and they are the in game i thought the point of NC was to shake up the game and cause chaos hence the name , thats why most people dont like that role i guess

when i said kill i meant is it indirectly kills like redirect killers and such

if it had the same win conditions as witch it would be easier to win though getting into a 1v1 is much harder

well you point that it needs others help is true i reasoned there some stragey in getting others to target you and such and choosing who to change it too so your not exactly powerless per say

yes its not night immune but since in its current state it can target itself each night and another it should never die (it would really only ever die from forgetting to use its ability so its has honorary night immunity kinda.

what if the drifter could one way transport other targets besides himself this would require strategy then and you also giving up your night immunity to do this some drifter might get gready and just keep themselves alive but that doesnt help them get to the 1v1 most times

in its current state its isnt OP it just casues alot chaos thats what i like about it

hes a one way transporter with no morales he wants to save no one everyone must die it and he meant cause havoc misdirecting people.

NC is very rare since its always ANY in games it will only shake up small percentage of games that why its allowed to be strong vampires are very strong if they were in ever game we would hate them but when they do appear we get excited casue it shakes up the standard way we play and we wonder will get turned who is vamp now? it makes the game more exciting

thats why i like NC u seem to just hate it on princeable cause its NC
Mystoc
Amnesiac
Amnesiac

Re: Drifter (Neutral Chaos) (Feedback please)

Postby sh99er » Thu Jun 29, 2017 2:15 pm

Bump (Id like feedback)
Check out my ideas:
My Guardian Faction
My Elemental Faction
My Spirit Faction
My Demon Faction

sh99er
Spy
Spy

Re: Drifter (Neutral Chaos) (feedback please)

Postby cupcakeaj2 » Fri Jun 30, 2017 2:43 am

So in a way, this is a one way transporter?
Spoiler: Repertoire

Mad Scientist

Prophet

Blacksmith

Anonymous

Forum Mafia Games:

ALL:

5 - 6 - 2

TOWN:

3 - 4 - 1

MAFIA:

2 - 3 - 0

OTHER:

0 - 0 - 1
cupcakeaj2
Amnesiac
Amnesiac

Re: Drifter (Neutral Chaos) (feedback please)

Postby sh99er » Fri Jun 30, 2017 11:30 am

cupcakeaj2 wrote:So in a way, this is a one way transporter?

You could say that.
Check out my ideas:
My Guardian Faction
My Elemental Faction
My Spirit Faction
My Demon Faction

sh99er
Spy
Spy

Previous

Return to Role Idea Archives