Postby Spectre0 » Sun Jan 01, 2017 12:13 pm

Wow, I really neglected this guy.

Bump.
Spectre0
Bodyguard
Bodyguard

Re: New role: Infiltrator

Postby Aki123456789 » Sun Jan 01, 2017 2:42 pm

Neutral Evil doesn't work as it doesn't win with the mafia, other evils, or neutral killings, so it would have to be neutral chaos. Also, you should only receive that message that you were infiltrated if you are lookout, or you remain inactive for the night. Do the consigilere results as you know they are evil and that you need to get rid of them, but you have to wait for the moment when you can definitely say so the town doesn't suspect you.
Aki123456789
Jester
Jester

Postby Spectre0 » Sun Jan 01, 2017 6:11 pm

Aki123456789 wrote:Neutral Evil doesn't work as it doesn't win with the mafia, other evils, or neutral killings

It's Neutral Chaos.

Aki123456789 wrote: Also, you should only receive that message that you were infiltrated if you are lookout, or you remain inactive for the night.

What? No, why?

Aki123456789 wrote: Do the consigilere results as you know they are evil and that you need to get rid of them, but you have to wait for the moment when you can definitely say so the town doesn't suspect you.

I'm not too pumped about a neutral consig, I gotta say. Maybe.
Spectre0
Bodyguard
Bodyguard

Postby sh99er » Sun Jan 01, 2017 6:18 pm

create a new poll for night immunity or not? Or for conig or invest results. The Nc or Ne poll is long done
Check out my ideas:
My Guardian Faction
My Elemental Faction
My Spirit Faction
My Demon Faction

After agreeing that as Godfather id have my mafioso make food for me, here was a funny response.
Jezz wrote:Godfather: mafioso, make me a sandwich
Mafioso: ...we kinda should kill one of our enemies tonight sir
Godfather: no I'm hungry fuck you
sh99er
Spy
Spy

Location: When I'm at my home....London...when I'm at boarding school...hell.

Postby Venusupreme » Sun Jan 01, 2017 6:33 pm

sh99er wrote:create a new poll for night immunity or not? Or for conig or invest results. The Nc or Ne poll is long done

Meh, I don't think it should be night immune. Maybe giving it one or two vests could be reasonable, but even then, it's kinda OP if this role (which absolutely every faction in the game needs to die) can just shield himself from death.
I am known by many names. Most notably:
-Sixteen
-Sixteen the idiot spammer
-Sixteen the low ELO dumbass
-The Handyman
-Sixteen the wood ELO motherfucker
-The Queen of Spam Evasion

Tales of Salem.
Venusupreme
Doctor
Doctor

Location: Waiting for BMG to fix the horrific balance issues in Ranked.

Postby Aki123456789 » Mon Jan 02, 2017 12:32 am

Spectre0 wrote:
Aki123456789 wrote:Neutral Evil doesn't work as it doesn't win with the mafia, other evils, or neutral killings

It's Neutral Chaos.

Aki123456789 wrote: Also, you should only receive that message that you were infiltrated if you are lookout, or you remain inactive for the night.

What? No, why?

Aki123456789 wrote: Do the consigilere results as you know they are evil and that you need to get rid of them, but you have to wait for the moment when you can definitely say so the town doesn't suspect you.

I'm not too pumped about a neutral consig, I gotta say. Maybe.

Town needs a nerf or the evils need a buff. The result immediately casts suspicion on all investigators and this combined with the sheriff and lookout would instantly wreck him. So this would help the mafia and neutral killings, but not the infiltrator himself and they would almost never win. (Example: Player 3 is a infiltrator and investigates Player 1. Player 2 meanwhile is the lookout and watches Player 1's house. Player 4 is sheriff and interrogates Player 3 and discovers they are a infiltrator. Player 1 says he was infiltrated, player 2 says player 3 visited player 1, and player 4 says player 3 is a infiltrator. Town then either, lynches player 3, distrusts any information from player 3, mafia/nk kills player 3, or you have an idiot town and they distrust both TI claims and trust Player 3 instead. :|) That reply was made when it was still NE btw, and nooby players often make mistakes as consigileres. They find a neutral killing who they call it, but others begin to question exactly how they knew that. This would force the infiltrator to exercise caution when accusing based of investigation results which should be required for victory.
Aki123456789
Jester
Jester

Postby Spectre0 » Mon Jan 02, 2017 8:49 am

Venusupreme wrote:
sh99er wrote:create a new poll for night immunity or not? Or for conig or invest results. The Nc or Ne poll is long done

Meh, I don't think it should be night immune. Maybe giving it one or two vests could be reasonable, but even then, it's kinda OP if this role (which absolutely every faction in the game needs to die) can just shield himself from death.

Agreed.
Spectre0
Bodyguard
Bodyguard

Postby Spectre0 » Mon Jan 02, 2017 8:52 am

Aki123456789 wrote:Town needs a nerf or the evils need a buff. The result immediately casts suspicion on all investigators and this combined with the sheriff and lookout would instantly wreck him. So this would help the mafia and neutral killings, but not the infiltrator himself and they would almost never win. (Example: Player 3 is a infiltrator and investigates Player 1. Player 2 meanwhile is the lookout and watches Player 1's house. Player 4 is sheriff and interrogates Player 3 and discovers they are a infiltrator. Player 1 says he was infiltrated, player 2 says player 3 visited player 1, and player 4 says player 3 is a infiltrator. Town then either, lynches player 3, distrusts any information from player 3, mafia/nk kills player 3, or you have an idiot town and they distrust both TI claims and trust Player 3 instead. :|) That reply was made when it was still NE btw, and nooby players often make mistakes as consigileres. They find a neutral killing who they call it, but others begin to question exactly how they knew that. This would force the infiltrator to exercise caution when accusing based of investigation results which should be required for victory.

I can't understand half of what you said, but I'll respond to the half I do understand.

Lookout can't stop him in any way, I don't know what you mean.

Yes, sheriff can find him. That's not a terribly bad thing.

"Nooby players often make mistakes as consigs"

You can't argue for a buff because players won't use that buff right. That's not how it works.
Spectre0
Bodyguard
Bodyguard

Postby Aki123456789 » Mon Jan 02, 2017 6:39 pm

Spectre0 wrote:
Aki123456789 wrote:Town needs a nerf or the evils need a buff. The result immediately casts suspicion on all investigators and this combined with the sheriff and lookout would instantly wreck him. So this would help the mafia and neutral killings, but not the infiltrator himself and they would almost never win. (Example: Player 3 is a infiltrator and investigates Player 1. Player 2 meanwhile is the lookout and watches Player 1's house. Player 4 is sheriff and interrogates Player 3 and discovers they are a infiltrator. Player 1 says he was infiltrated, player 2 says player 3 visited player 1, and player 4 says player 3 is a infiltrator. Town then either, lynches player 3, distrusts any information from player 3, mafia/nk kills player 3, or you have an idiot town and they distrust both TI claims and trust Player 3 instead. :|) That reply was made when it was still NE btw, and nooby players often make mistakes as consigileres. They find a neutral killing who they call it, but others begin to question exactly how they knew that. This would force the infiltrator to exercise caution when accusing based of investigation results which should be required for victory.

I can't understand half of what you said, but I'll respond to the half I do understand.

Lookout can't stop him in any way, I don't know what you mean.

Yes, sheriff can find him. That's not a terribly bad thing.

"Nooby players often make mistakes as consigs"

You can't argue for a buff because players won't use that buff right. That's not how it works.

The half you do not understand is likely the example which is in parenthesis demonstrating my point about how fast this thing is gonna lose. And yes, lookout can find this player. If a players says they were infiltrated and a lookout saw another player visit the player with that claim, lookout would immediately know the infiltrator and call him out. A sheriff might investigate now and see they are an infiltrator. Now you have two TI saying you are infitrator. This role should make town more paranoid about investigations claims, not wipe them out completely which is what the infiltration message does.
The infiltrator is trying to blend in, so the consig buff would make sure that a player who wins as this role deserves it. Plus, it is under-powered as it is. It literally only wins with survivors, jesters, (does it win with witches?), and executioners. And the jesters and executioners still have their own goal. Not to mention it can be killed. If I were you, I would remove the infiltration message, suspicion message, and add a consigilere result, but hey, that's just me. Do what you want with it. Though if this was in the game at its current state, I would pay real cash for scrolls that decreased my chances of getting this role.
Aki123456789
Jester
Jester

Postby Spectre0 » Tue Jan 03, 2017 9:56 am

Aki123456789 wrote:
The half you do not understand is likely the example which is in parenthesis demonstrating my point about how fast this thing is gonna lose. And yes, lookout can find this player. If a players says they were infiltrated and a lookout saw another player visit the player with that claim, lookout would immediately know the infiltrator and call him out. A sheriff might investigate now and see they are an infiltrator. Now you have two TI saying you are infitrator. This role should make town more paranoid about investigations claims, not wipe them out completely which is what the infiltration message does.
The infiltrator is trying to blend in, so the consig buff would make sure that a player who wins as this role deserves it. Plus, it is under-powered as it is. It literally only wins with survivors, jesters, (does it win with witches?), and executioners. And the jesters and executioners still have their own goal. Not to mention it can be killed. If I were you, I would remove the infiltration message, suspicion message, and add a consigilere result, but hey, that's just me. Do what you want with it. Though if this was in the game at its current state, I would pay real cash for scrolls that decreased my chances of getting this role.

You have two ti saying you are infiltrator is lo and sheriff catch you simultaneously.

That's like saying Mafioso is UP because you and the GF can both be roleblocked. It's possible, but it won't happen out of chance.

I'll give it night immunity to force evils to lynch it, though. That'll throw even more suspicion on Sheriff/LO claims that try to lynch it.
Spectre0
Bodyguard
Bodyguard

Re: Infiltrator - The NE That Kills Evils

Postby BlazinIce » Tue Jan 03, 2017 9:57 am

Nice new name
How to get unlimited Town Points in Town of Salem
I'm a forum regular. You may see me in Role Ideas (critiquing bad roles), Testing Grounds, Feedback, Suggestions, or Forum Games. I'm also in ToS as Noone.

Mortician -A Neutral Evil Janitor that buries lynches. Has over 100 supporters!
Gossiper -A Neutral Evil role that gives a player valuable information about another player each night.
BlazinIce
Vigilante
Vigilante

Postby sh99er » Tue Jan 03, 2017 11:28 am

If its just town left with no vig etc, but witch is alive. Because witch has to live to see town lose. Witch wins with you right?
Check out my ideas:
My Guardian Faction
My Elemental Faction
My Spirit Faction
My Demon Faction

After agreeing that as Godfather id have my mafioso make food for me, here was a funny response.
Jezz wrote:Godfather: mafioso, make me a sandwich
Mafioso: ...we kinda should kill one of our enemies tonight sir
Godfather: no I'm hungry fuck you
sh99er
Spy
Spy

Location: When I'm at my home....London...when I'm at boarding school...hell.

Postby Spectre0 » Tue Jan 03, 2017 11:51 am

sh99er wrote:If its just town left with no vig etc, but witch is alive. Because witch has to live to see town lose. Witch wins with you right?

That's an interesting scenario. An extremely interesting scenario, since Town doesn't have to kill witch in every case.

I'm going to have to think about that. On one hand, town didn't win - on the other, all necessary enemies have been killed.

I'm leaning towards "yes, infiltrator wins with witch"
Spectre0
Bodyguard
Bodyguard

Re: Infiltrator - The NC That Kills Evils

Postby BS4125 » Tue Jan 03, 2017 12:01 pm

Misleading title is misleading
Should be NC

Spoiler:
lemonader666 wrote:
Seththeking wrote:
BS4125 wrote:Please post relevant posts to the topic at hand and not digress. Also please explain your opinions otherwise your contribution is sub-zero.

Oooooooo Mister Power over here!

And would you look at that, I was on the forums longer then you.

But overall the role for this topic needs work, I mean it's so bad people would rather
get off topic lol.

solola is a mod you retard
BS4125
Christmas 2018 Winner
Christmas 2018 Winner

Re: Infiltrator - The NC That Kills Evils

Postby Spectre0 » Tue Jan 03, 2017 12:03 pm

BS4125 wrote:Misleading title is misleading
Should be NC

I read that title about 15 times and never noticed that I forgot to change the faction.

brb kms
Spectre0
Bodyguard
Bodyguard

Postby Venusupreme » Tue Jan 03, 2017 3:55 pm

sh99er wrote:If its just town left with no vig etc, but witch is alive. Because witch has to live to see town lose. Witch wins with you right?

Ah, you beat me to asking that, sh99er. I honestly think Witch should win with Infiltrator, because after all, the point of witch is to make sure the town loses.

One of the most interesting roles I've ever seen, and one that I legitimately think belongs in the actual game.
I am known by many names. Most notably:
-Sixteen
-Sixteen the idiot spammer
-Sixteen the low ELO dumbass
-The Handyman
-Sixteen the wood ELO motherfucker
-The Queen of Spam Evasion

Tales of Salem.
Venusupreme
Doctor
Doctor

Location: Waiting for BMG to fix the horrific balance issues in Ranked.

Postby Spectre0 » Tue Jan 03, 2017 5:19 pm

Venusupreme wrote:

Ah, you beat me to asking that, sh99er. I honestly think Witch should win with Infiltrator, because after all, the point of witch is to make sure the town loses.

One of the most interesting roles I've ever seen, and one that I legitimately think belongs in the actual game.

Thanks. Added a bit about this in "Additional Info"
Spectre0
Bodyguard
Bodyguard

Re: Infiltrator - Another NC

Postby Spectre0 » Fri Jan 06, 2017 8:22 pm

B u m p e d
Spectre0
Bodyguard
Bodyguard

Postby Spectre0 » Sat Jan 07, 2017 11:33 am

Give me feedback you plebeians.
Spectre0
Bodyguard
Bodyguard

Postby Spectre0 » Tue Jan 10, 2017 7:37 pm

Risin' up, straight to the top.
Spectre0
Bodyguard
Bodyguard

Postby Seruth » Tue Jan 10, 2017 7:51 pm

The message confirms the Infiltrator. Nobody with a right mind would try to lynch the last maf when infiltrator and enough town are alive. And if not enough are alive? Well, then it goes down to player preference, a.k.a.kingmaking.
Any decent player might notice that that nice TI that helps you has mainly results that got a message.
Any Sheriff can cut you to nothing.
On the other hand, you could also try to fly under the radar by not investigating at all. And claiming a completely different role.
Which is, in the role's current state, probably the strategy I would employ.

Oh, and Night Immunity is absolutely necessary- TI's are prime targets, even (and sometimes especially) when they are less exposed and accuse indirectly.
(I, for example, remember when I got the town's trust as mafioso looking like TI and portrayed someone as possibly evil. Next night, I was stabbed by that player(SK) (who won in the end, because "he couldn't be evil"))
Last edited by Seruth on Tue Jan 10, 2017 7:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Seruth
Spy
Spy

Postby Spectre0 » Tue Jan 10, 2017 7:54 pm

Seruth wrote:The message confirms the Infiltrator. Nobody with a right mind would try to lynch the last maf when infiltrator and enough town are alive. And if not enough are alive? Well, then it goes down to player preference, a.k.a.kingmaking.
Any decent player might notice that that nice TI that helps you has mainly results that got a message.
On the other hand, you could also try to fly under the radar by not investigating at all. And claiming a completely different role.

You're listing facts. They're all correct. What of it?
Spectre0
Bodyguard
Bodyguard

Postby Seruth » Tue Jan 10, 2017 8:02 pm

Spectre0 wrote:
Seruth wrote:The message confirms the Infiltrator. Nobody with a right mind would try to lynch the last maf when infiltrator and enough town are alive. And if not enough are alive? Well, then it goes down to player preference, a.k.a.kingmaking.

Using your ability as Infiltrator is nearly suicide, because it reveals your presence.
That means you won't use it.
That in turn means that there are nearly no reasons to distrust powerful TI claims more than before.
And that ultimatively means that this role doesn't have the impact it is supposed to have.

PS: What happens if there is only a lonely infiltrator at the end? Same with jester(loss)?
Seruth
Spy
Spy

Postby Spectre0 » Tue Jan 10, 2017 8:12 pm

Seruth wrote:
Spectre0 wrote:

Using your ability as Infiltrator is nearly suicide, because it reveals your presence.
That in turn means that there are nearly no reasons to distrust powerful TI claims more than before.
And that ultimatively means that this role doesn't have the impact it is supposed to have.

PS: What happens if there is only a lonely infiltrator at the end? Same with jester(loss)?

Knowing you exist and never trusting any TI claim ever is a pretty big jump for town.

Lonely infiltrator = win.
Spectre0
Bodyguard
Bodyguard

Postby SchivitToLivit » Tue Jan 10, 2017 8:25 pm

Seruth wrote:
Spectre0 wrote:

I think the message revealing the Infiltrator is absolutely vital to what I understand to be their role. (I probably misunderstand that though tbh, too nooby) It is supposed to nerf town by causing dissension. If people tell everyone in town that they were infiltrated, and they will, the rest of the people in the game will be on the lookout for someone who knows just a little bit too much. It leads to distrust of the TIs, even if they are already confirmed. This also gives the mafia an opportunity to lie about an infiltrator in the game, which means even when an Infiltrator isn't in the game mafia can still have access to the innate distrust leading to more mafia wins, or at least less town wins. (sorry if I'm wrong, I've played like maybe 150 games and I'm bad at it)
SchivitToLivit

PreviousNext

Return to Role Idea Archives