Poll ended at Mon Jan 16, 2017 8:37 am

Neutral Evil
33%
Neutral Chaos
67%

Total votes : 24

Re: Infiltrator - Another NC

Postby zzjay » Sun Feb 19, 2017 6:45 pm

Just wondering...if i dont use my night ability and act as jester...how would town know? Most of the tines the to winning with witch and any rm is do noting till needed...so well youre night immune and sit there until town wins...
zzjay
Bodyguard
Bodyguard

Postby Spectre0 » Sun Feb 19, 2017 6:58 pm

zzjay wrote:Just wondering...if i dont use my night ability and act as jester...how would town know?

After you get executed/shot, presumably.
Spectre0
Bodyguard
Bodyguard

Postby Guiorgy » Tue Feb 21, 2017 8:50 am

Spectre0 wrote:
zzjay wrote:Just wondering...if i dont use my night ability and act as jester...how would town know?

After you get executed/shot, presumably.

But jailor and vigi died on D1...

My favourite role ideas:

Spoiler:
    (Specter0) Soulkeeper(NC)
    (Sh99er) Succubus(NC)
    (Sh99er) Parasite(NC)
    (dyaomaster) Biologist(NK)
    (ChandlerofGEM) Mercenary(NC)
    (khakha1036) Lumber Jack(NB)

Guiorgy
Survivor
Survivor

Postby TheBlackReaper7 » Fri Feb 24, 2017 8:33 pm

i generally don't post my opinion on roles, mostly because i dont feel like arguing, and most custom roles suck, but, i will make an exception.

i do, from what I've read, think this role would be very useful in a real game, the only problem is, i cant really see a use for it, so you can easily claim an invest or sheriff, but, that seems like a problem, the fact that you can openly claim those roles, does seem to make it Over Powered, but that is just my opinion

as i said, i usually dont get involved in this, but i like the idea. so that's my take on the Infiltrator
Check out my *good* roles!
Awakener
http://blankmediagames.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=62215

Check out my *bad* roles !
Scape Goat
http://blankmediagames.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=62833

Join My discord Chat
PM me if you want to join :3
TheBlackReaper7
Jester
Jester

Re: New role: Infiltrator

Postby Skulldug13 » Fri Feb 24, 2017 10:05 pm

Spectre0 wrote:
Damafaud wrote:
Spectre0 wrote:
squimbles wrote:Wouldn't this just be a weaker witch? Since the witch can see people's roles as of the new update?

No offense, but you just completely missed the entire point of this role.

Seriously, the entire concept. You missed it.

Its primary purpose is NOT as a neutral investigator. Those are cancer and should burn in hell. It's primary purpose is to act as a counter to TI confirmation (Even with exe, it's VERY easy to confirm yourself as TI. Invest and LO are insta-confirms, and sheriff is confirmed the moment he finds a maf/nk).

It also gives town another obstacle between itself and victory, and frankly, town NEEDS those.

Your intention is good, but that won't work. If I play this, I'll just search for Mafia, whisper the townie roles I found to them, and dance toward happily ever after.

...until someone asks "How do you know", town realizes you found the mafia, and also realizes you might be infiltrator.

What gamemode do you play where people lynch without even asking for YOUR role? Even in Classic, you can't anonymously lynch someone.

You claim sheriff.....
RNG is fun isn't it? -

Grave Digger
Skulldug13
Benefactor
Benefactor

Postby bintin125 » Mon Feb 27, 2017 7:16 pm

Fun little loophole I noticed: an infiltrator can just be afk during night the whole game and not get noticed. Then town wins, but they dont, because surprise, the infiltrators alive. This is a very easy role to abuse.
bintin125

Postby HereThereEverywhere » Mon Feb 27, 2017 7:27 pm

bintin125 wrote:Fun little loophole I noticed: an infiltrator can just be afk during night the whole game and not get noticed. Then town wins, but they dont, because surprise, the infiltrators alive. This is a very easy role to abuse.

This role isn't meant to use its night ability much. You're supposed to do nothing at night(well, ability-wise. If you're not reading through the chatlog and writing up a fake will, you're probably not the best scum). It's about how you play the Town. If the NE doesn't die, they're going to suspect your existence.
canadian joker says a lot aboot society
HereThereEverywhere
Vampire Hunter
Vampire Hunter

Postby Spectre0 » Mon Feb 27, 2017 7:30 pm

bintin125 wrote:Fun little loophole I noticed: an infiltrator can just be afk during night the whole game and not get noticed. Then town wins, but they dont, because surprise, the infiltrators alive. This is a very easy role to abuse.

What game mode do you play where you can go afk and be alive after Day four?

That's pleb-y even for Classic.
Spectre0
Bodyguard
Bodyguard

Postby HereThereEverywhere » Mon Feb 27, 2017 7:32 pm

Spectre0 wrote:

Well, if I understood it right, they said afk during the night, so I deleted my first post and rewrote it to address that. To be fair, they could afk during the night and still work in the daytime, but it'd be best to do like I said and actually play the damn game instead of beating your meat or whatever.
HereThereEverywhere
Vampire Hunter
Vampire Hunter

Postby Guiorgy » Tue Feb 28, 2017 3:16 am

Spectre0 wrote:

in ranked, I once forgot i joined the game while watching a video. when I remembered and went back to the game, it was day 5 and I was very much alive, though i got killed by mafia the same night XD

My favourite role ideas:

Spoiler:
    (Specter0) Soulkeeper(NC)
    (Sh99er) Succubus(NC)
    (Sh99er) Parasite(NC)
    (dyaomaster) Biologist(NK)
    (ChandlerofGEM) Mercenary(NC)
    (khakha1036) Lumber Jack(NB)

Guiorgy
Survivor
Survivor

Postby bintin125 » Tue Feb 28, 2017 8:36 am

Guiorgy wrote:
Spectre0 wrote:

in ranked, I once forgot i joined the game while watching a video. when I remembered and went back to the game, it was day 5 and I was very much alive, though i got killed by mafia the same night XD

I'm just assuming you talk during day but do nothing during night.
bintin125

Postby Spectre0 » Sat Jun 10, 2017 6:18 pm

I wanted to bump this role because I love the mechanic.
Spectre0
Bodyguard
Bodyguard

Postby Mystoc » Sat Jun 10, 2017 7:50 pm

NC should not have a clear ally everyone should be their enemy, NC will pretend to be friends with town he is towns enemy for them yes. but in a sense he his town his allies casue he can pretend to be town and win if he helps them win (but they lose)

mafia and nk he must always kills so in a sense they are his enemies

i don't like this role because its basically a neutral investigator
(sticky says not to do this)

yea he gets exact role but like consig he can just fake inves all this role does its make so inves will be always hanged no matter what cause they can't risk them being infiltrator

this role should not be able to perfectly pretend to be a town role i don't like evil versions of town roles, all they do is make town less trustworthy

the only counter to making sure they aren't infiltrator is sheriff but sheriff won't be in every game

how does LO counter this role? edit oh they know it they were invested i get it it

in that case i will just never use the ability and claim sheriff LO BG or surv and just surprise town since they wont know im in the game

oh you gave it night immunity wat.. so most evils can't even kill it ok

---------------------------------

i would gives it the Framer, Vampire, Jester, or Hex Master.inves result or

Survivor, Vampire Hunter, Witch, Medusa or Psychic. one

it should not be able to perfectly pretend to be inves otherwise inves will just get auto hung towards end of every game

it being able to be found sheriff is not enough because they aren't in all games but sheriff and inves together being able to find it should be enough coverage for ranked game modes
Mystoc
Amnesiac
Amnesiac

Postby Spectre0 » Sat Jun 10, 2017 10:40 pm

i don't like this role because its basically a neutral investigator
(sticky says not to do this)

Sticky is for people who don't know how to make role ideas.

yea he gets exact role but like consig he can just fake inves all this role does its make so inves will be always hanged no matter what cause they can't risk them being infiltrator

That's incorrect, but casting shade on TI claims is intentional.

i don't like evil versions of town roles, all they do is make town less trustworthy

God forbid.

the only counter to making sure they aren't infiltrator is sheriff but sheriff won't be in every game

LO, immunity, inflexible claims.

in that case i will just never use the ability and claim sheriff LO BG or surv and just surprise town since they wont know im in the game

Ah, yes, LO BG Surv. That's a foolproof claim that Town never suspects.

in casual

oh you gave it night immunity wat.. so most evils can't even kill it ok

Prevents luck-based late-game loss while giving it an early-game downside. Makes the role much more balanced.
Spectre0
Bodyguard
Bodyguard

Postby Venusupreme » Sun Jun 11, 2017 7:03 am

*Gasp* the holy god Spectre0 has returned? Rejoice!

Also, your avatar seems to be broken. You might want to fix that, seeing a blank thing there drives me nuts.
I am known by many names. Most notably:
-Sixteen
-Sixteen the idiot spammer
-Sixteen the low ELO dumbass
-The Handyman
-Sixteen the wood ELO motherfucker
-The Queen of Spam Evasion

Tales of Salem.
Venusupreme
Doctor
Doctor

Location: Waiting for BMG to fix the horrific balance issues in Ranked.

Postby Spectre0 » Sun Jun 11, 2017 7:47 am

Venusupreme wrote:*Gasp* the holy god Spectre0 has returned? Rejoice!

Also, your avatar seems to be broken. You might want to fix that, seeing a blank thing there drives me nuts.

It works half the time for some reason. It's pissing me off.
Spectre0
Bodyguard
Bodyguard

Postby Mystoc » Sun Jun 11, 2017 8:03 am

what i don't like that it has a clear ally town, he just need to pretend to be town and help them win then he wins NC is supposed to be against everyone, this NC can basically ignore town

they way the ability works it just promotes not using the ability so you don't let town onto the fact you're in the game, Since your NC it won't be common thing this role would be in the game,

I guess in sense you can't claim inves if you aren't using the ability to get roles inves can find you that way

but really if inves , sheriff never looks at you quite possible since you can just act like town and win and since NC is ANY you will always have your claim space uncontested by a town members (ANY town is open)

like how blackmailer does not blackmail people so its spy claims are believed and are questioned to be evil

basicly NC where town is its ally and the way its ability works it promotes just not using the ability since your presence won't be announced
Mystoc
Amnesiac
Amnesiac

Postby Venusupreme » Sun Jun 11, 2017 8:32 am

Mystoc wrote:what i don't like that it has a clear ally town, he just need to pretend to be town and help them win then he wins NC is supposed to be against everyone, this NC can basically ignore town

they way the ability works it just promotes not using the ability so you don't let town onto the fact you're in the game, Since your NC it won't be common thing this role would be in the game,

I guess in sense you can't claim inves if you aren't using the ability to get roles inves can find you that way

but really if inves , sheriff never looks at you quite possible since you can just act like town and win and since NC is ANY you will always have your claim space uncontested by a town members (ANY town is open)

like how blackmailer does not blackmail people so its spy claims are believed and are questioned to be evil

basicly NC where town is its ally and the way its ability works it promotes just not using the ability since your presence won't be announced

That's why I'm not sure if I like the idea of having its existence be announced. Maybe only roles like Spy or Lookout, who are very observant, would be able to realize they were searched by an infiltrator.

If the notifications are taken out, though, then it should only get regular invest results each night, not consigliere results.
-Sixteen
-The Handyman

Tales of Salem.
Venusupreme
Doctor
Doctor

Postby HereThereEverywhere » Sun Jun 11, 2017 8:42 am

Venusupreme wrote:Maybe only roles like Spy or Lookout, who are very observant

That means if TI doesn't roll these whoever is playing the role is better off. Balance > lore, it should be all or none.
HereThereEverywhere
Vampire Hunter
Vampire Hunter

Postby SkyW » Sun Jun 11, 2017 8:54 am

Dedication to my my current signature is getting harder on posts like these.

Anyways, I feel like this is a good role idea but I think that it should have a vesting (2 maybe) mechanic. This is so that even if the mafia/vigi/sk does try to kill them they need to waste a lot of time focusing them with the risk they are just wasting time. This will make it so that if the mafia tries to kill them, they have to reason with themselves of how to deal with them. This makes it so that the role causes some disruption in the mafia themselves as they can't be sure if someone is either just immune or infiltrator. This makes it so that it's technically possible for it to side with mafia once they found out and try to pretend to be an exec, and then back-stab them once they know the members. (Not saying that's a good idea, but it works)

Also, this role could be called "Another reason to hang executioners"
Professional ??? Rambler (average NYC subway rider)

There is a frog outside go check it out please it's such a cool frog
SkyW
Jester
Jester

Location: West Philadelphia born and raised On the playground was where I spent most of my days Chillin' out

Postby Spectre0 » Sun Jun 11, 2017 12:27 pm

SkyW wrote:Dedication to my my current signature is getting harder on posts like these.

Anyways, I feel like this is a good role idea but I think that it should have a vesting (2 maybe) mechanic. This is so that even if the mafia/vigi/sk does try to kill them they need to waste a lot of time focusing them with the risk they are just wasting time. This will make it so that if the mafia tries to kill them, they have to reason with themselves of how to deal with them. This makes it so that the role causes some disruption in the mafia themselves as they can't be sure if someone is either just immune or infiltrator. This makes it so that it's technically possible for it to side with mafia once they found out and try to pretend to be an exec, and then back-stab them once they know the members. (Not saying that's a good idea, but it works)

Also, this role could be called "Another reason to hang executioners"

Vesting doesn't give this anything that immunity doesn't, and immunity isn't overpowered.
Spectre0
Bodyguard
Bodyguard

Re: New role: Infiltrator

Postby MadafTheWolf » Tue Jul 04, 2017 3:45 am

Spectre0 wrote:
squimbles wrote:Wouldn't this just be a weaker witch? Since the witch can see people's roles as of the new update?

No offense, but you just completely missed the entire point of this role.

Seriously, the entire concept. You missed it.

Its primary purpose is NOT as a neutral investigator. Those are cancer and should burn in hell. It's primary purpose is to act as a counter to TI confirmation (Even with exe, it's VERY easy to confirm yourself as TI. Invest and LO are insta-confirms, and sheriff is confirmed the moment he finds a maf/nk).

It also gives town another obstacle between itself and victory, and frankly, town NEEDS those.

Wait what? I didn't understand... isn't this EXACTLY what it is? A neutral investigator.

What does "act as a counter to TI information" mean? You invest someone, they come up as doctor and you tell town that they are actually serial killer and lynch him or what?

I need some explications..
MadafTheWolf

Postby HereThereEverywhere » Sun Sep 17, 2017 8:35 pm

The problem with this being a TI counter is that people are notified that they get visited by this role. If a Townie gets investigated/interrogated and a Sheriff says anything, that Townie knows that person is either the role they claim or a Consig. Of course, the rest of the Town might not believe them, but it's still easy to confirm yourself.
HereThereEverywhere
Vampire Hunter
Vampire Hunter

Postby Spectre0 » Sun Sep 17, 2017 8:37 pm

HereThereEverywhere wrote:The problem with this being a TI counter is that people are notified that they get visited by this role. If a Townie gets investigated/interrogated and a Sheriff says anything, that Townie knows that person is either the role they claim or a Consig. Of course, the rest of the Town might not believe them, but it's still easy to confirm yourself.

Maybe it's lack of sleep but I'm confused as to what you mean here.
Spectre0
Bodyguard
Bodyguard

Postby Venusupreme » Wed Sep 20, 2017 1:13 pm

I think they mean that if everyone gets notified that an Infiltrator is in the game when visited by him, it really makes it hard to do much as this role. Especially if a confirmed townie speaks up and says "There's an Infiltrator!"
-Sixteen
-The Handyman

Tales of Salem.
Venusupreme
Doctor
Doctor

PreviousNext

Return to Role Idea Archives