Slave/Servant (1500+ views)

Old Role Ideas

Do you like this role?

IT'S THE BEST!!!
27%
I like it!
36%
Good concept but needs some more work (please state why)
13%
Neutral
11%
Don't like it!
14%
I HATE IT!!!
No votes

Total votes : 56

Slave/Servant (1500+ views)

Postby sh99er » Thu Oct 20, 2016 11:18 am

Name: Slave

Desc: You were an orphan kidnapped from your Orphanage and forced to work as a slave!

Alignment: Neutral (Benign)

Abilities: Get someone to defeat your master...

Attributes: Your slave master is ____.
If your target is killed at night you will become your saviours (your targets killers) role
If your master is lynched You may pick a guilty voter that will become your new slave master, unless the only guilty voters are you or an immune role then you will become a survivor

Special Attributes: night immune (until master dies, a debatable idea) and detection immune, will become your masters killers role, you and the killer will be notified (ONLY) that a slave was freed from slavery!
Will become survivor if master is lynched and his guilty voters are immunes or him.

Goal: Become a Freeman and then follow your saviours goal

Win Conditions: must have his master killed then he will have the win conditions of his saviour

Investigative Results: Investigator : Framer, jester, vampire/Sheriff, exe, WW - Your target may not be what they seem or Your target waits for the perfect time to strike (the 1st invest results for slave help framers and vampires claim slave but thr 2nd invest results can be used WW and exe to claim slave or for slaves to claim sheriff?)
Consig : Your target was forced to do hard labour by _____ last night. (consig will find out the Slaves Master) They must be a Slave!
Sheriff : Your target is Not suspicious.

Additional Information: Your target cannot be an Amnesiac, Jester and any other night immune role. If your master is killed by a jailor/veteran then you will become a vigilante, if your master is killed by an unfull mafia with Mafioso & GF then you will become a Witch,if mafia is full you become witch, just Gf means u become mafioso, just mafioso means u become mafioso and mafioso is promoted to GF and if your master was killed by a WW then you will become a witch. As Stated above if your slave-master is lynched your new master will be a random guilty voters, town is favoured as the slave-master (Town>Mafia>Neutral). If your guilty voters are all immune/Amnesiac and jester or just you voted them then you will become a survivor, CONGRATULATIONS you survived being a slave! If a full mafia kills your master you will either become a witch.

Sample text -
Spoiler: Your slave-master is _____.
You were freed from Slavery!
A slave was set free from slavery by you!
You have become a (insert role here).

Lore:
Spoiler: This life is what my mother gave me. She sickens me. Every day that goes by is another mark on the grey wall from my long dirty nails. There are too many to count anymore. I scrub, I brush, I overwork until my arms feel like are being pulled down by bricks. She sold me into this reality.

He comes down, now and again, to bring more clothes to add to the washing. I see him through the bars, small narrowed eyes, thin nose, chiselled chin and long brown hair leaking out of his leather hat. Around a large ring of metal was a cluster of keys clanging together with each step he took down the stairs to the cellar, my territory. He slips the clothes through the bars a drops them onto the floor where the rats crawl. I pick them from the floor, eyeing him as I return to my station.

However, I had a plan to escape. I had to wait for the right time to strike

I felt a cold breeze flow through the floorboards on the ceiling. I pretended to scrub the floor but I was watching the feet above me. I knew, this was the day I would escape. I darted down into the corner where the jail bars were and grabbed a knife that was on the desk which he mainly used to threaten me or execute people. I reached up high, standing on top of my torn mattress and cut a chunk of deteriorating wood with the knife and then sharpened it into a sharp, thin stick, as small as a needle, which I needed to jam into the lock with the knife respectively to bust the lock.

The jail cell opened, but this wasn't over. I pushed the desk over to the corner of the room and clambered on top of it to then slowly and steadily popped off a wooden floorboard for me to climb out of onto the main floor, then I heard gunshots and I rapidly hid. I heard a noise approaching. I peaked my head round the doorway on my right and saw...

Unimaginable things but I knew my master was dead. I ran, and they soon noticed and started chasing after me. Crying I couldn't see where I was going but I managed to leap over the hole I made through the floor. But they didn't. I turned back when I heard the crash, lying there in the pools of blood...my master's girlfriend, I did like her face smashed in, however opposite the hole I made was a tall figure holding a gun standing next to my masters dead body, their eyes stared directly at me, watching. But I didn't look back instead I stared at the master's girlfriends body...and thought what a terrible mother she was. The tall figure I saw that night never came back to visit me...they just handed me a spare gun and walked away... (CREDIT TO BS4125 AGAIN, FOR CREATING THIS LORE!)

Achievements:
Spoiler: My Hero!: Win your first game as a Slave (5TP)
Spartacus: Win 5 games as a Slave (5TP)
Civil Rights: Win 10 games as a Slave 10TP)
Nat Turner: Win 25 games as a Slave (25TP)
Rebellion: Become a freeman. (5TP)
Payback: Lynch your slave-master. (5TP)
Its an Age-Old Curse: Become a witch.(15TP)
Cant be held back: Become a vigilante. (15TP)
Newest Recruit: Become a mafia member. (15TP)
Moving on: Become a survivor. (25TP)

Credits -
Spoiler: This role was an idea by my friend, he decided to make it on here, dunno why he didn't post it on his account (timurtheking) so this is not entirely my idea. However thanks for the support so far :D
Last edited by sh99er on Wed May 17, 2017 7:17 am, edited 21 times in total.
Check out my ideas:
My Guardian Faction
My Elemental Faction
My Spirit Faction
My Demon Faction

After agreeing that as Godfather id have my mafioso make food for me, here was a funny response.
Jezz wrote:Godfather: mafioso, make me a sandwich
Mafioso: ...we kinda should kill one of our enemies tonight sir
Godfather: no I'm hungry fuck you
sh99er
Spy
Spy

Location: When I'm at my home....London...when I'm at boarding school...hell.

Re: Slave, Feedback Needed!!!

Postby sh99er » Thu Oct 20, 2016 11:41 am

Lol, what...? 3 loves but no comments (except for me)
Check out my ideas:
My Guardian Faction
My Elemental Faction
My Spirit Faction
My Demon Faction

After agreeing that as Godfather id have my mafioso make food for me, here was a funny response.
sh99er
Spy
Spy

Postby Ralozey » Thu Oct 20, 2016 12:10 pm

Alright... Lets see...

What happens if you get killed and and your slave master dies afterwards (by SK for example) and SK win. Do you win aswell?

Is your master a Neutral role or can it be Town or Mafia aswell?

sh99er wrote:Become a Freeman and then follow your saviours goal
What happens if he gets killed by Werewolf, or Veteran (Unique roles). What will you become?

Some questions on which I'd like to get some answers, before I vote.

~Ralozey

The last living dragon on earth!

Current time of year represented by a tree:
Ralozey
Sheriff
Sheriff

Postby sh99er » Thu Oct 20, 2016 12:12 pm

Ralozey wrote:Alright... Lets see...

What happens if you get killed and and your slave master dies afterwards (by SK for example) and SK win. Do you win aswell?

Is your master a Neutral role or can it be Town or Mafia aswell?

sh99er wrote:Become a Freeman and then follow your saviours goal
What happens if he gets killed by Werewolf, or Veteran (Unique roles). What will you become?

Some questions on which I'd like to get some answers, before I vote.

~Ralozey

Also if you get killed and your master dies same night and then your saviour wins, yes you will win too?

Slave masters are any faction but like I wrote (town>mafia>neutral) neutrals are least likely to be your master also your master cannot be immune, amnesiac or jester

If you read again you'll see I wrote that if he gets kill by a unique role like veteran/jailor u become vig, for WW u become witch and for Mafioso/gf u become random mafia member
Check out my ideas:
My Guardian Faction
My Elemental Faction
My Spirit Faction
My Demon Faction

sh99er
Spy
Spy

Postby TheMajesticSammie » Thu Oct 20, 2016 12:16 pm

So- ignoring the fact that this role will openly trigger every black American who plays this game:

Good concept, very unique.
Very similar to an executioner, but with a role change involved (Not necessarily good or bad, from my point of view.)
The concept is interesting, the mechanics are unique, but the very existence of slaves in the game could create extreme controversy.
Perhaps use the same mechanic in a different way (one that won't offend people)?
I think your best course of action is just to keep the role an "Orphan." Leave slavery out of it and you should be fine.
"Indentured servant" works too. Or just "Servant." Those were popular back when the US was being colonized.
TheMajesticSammie
Spy
Spy

Postby sh99er » Thu Oct 20, 2016 12:20 pm

TheMajesticSammie wrote:So- ignoring the fact that this role will openly trigger every black American who plays this game:

Good concept, very unique.
Very similar to an executioner, but with a role change involved (Not necessarily good or bad, from my point of view.)
The concept is interesting, the mechanics are unique, but the very existence of slaves in the game could create extreme controversy.
Perhaps use the same mechanic in a different way (one that won't offend people)?
I think your best course of action is just to keep the role an "Orphan." Leave slavery out of it and you should be fine.
"Indentured servant" works too. Or just "Servant." Those were popular back when the US was being colonized.

1) thanks for liking it? xD, yes a bit similar to executioner I agree
2) Don't know how to answer
3) maybe but I don't see how its offensive, I got the role idea based of Roman Slaves
4) orphan is already a TG role so I may change it into Servant/Prisoner
Overall thanks for the feedback and ok...but 1 question I don't get why is controversial or racist its not a black slave anyway :/ only related thing to black slaves is in achievements, but I see your point.
Last edited by sh99er on Thu Oct 20, 2016 12:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Check out my ideas:
My Guardian Faction
My Elemental Faction
My Spirit Faction
My Demon Faction

sh99er
Spy
Spy

Postby BS4125 » Thu Oct 20, 2016 12:25 pm

I like this role, it's quite unique

Questions/Feedback:
1) What happens when your target commits suicide/dies from guilt what happens to the Slave?
2) What happens if a unique roke kills you (Veteran, Jailor, Mafioso, Godfather)? You can't become them because there would then be more than one of them in the game

Just some things to consider

Spoiler:
lemonader666 wrote:
Seththeking wrote:
BS4125 wrote:Please post relevant posts to the topic at hand and not digress. Also please explain your opinions otherwise your contribution is sub-zero.

Oooooooo Mister Power over here!

And would you look at that, I was on the forums longer then you.

But overall the role for this topic needs work, I mean it's so bad people would rather
get off topic lol.

solola is a mod you retard
BS4125
Christmas 2018 Winner
Christmas 2018 Winner

Postby Ralozey » Thu Oct 20, 2016 12:32 pm

TheMajesticSammie wrote:So- ignoring the fact that this role will openly trigger every black American who plays this game
I guess if you were to change the name it would be quite a good role

sh99er wrote:Consig : Your target was whipped and forced to do hard labour by an unknown person last night, they must be a Slave!
I think this should be changed, so the Cosig knows who the mafia has to kill, for them to gain another mafia member.

/support

~Ralozey

The last living dragon on earth!

Current time of year represented by a tree:
Ralozey
Sheriff
Sheriff

Postby sh99er » Thu Oct 20, 2016 12:34 pm

BS4125 wrote:I like this role, it's quite unique

Questions/Feedback:
1) What happens when your target commits suicide/dies from guilt what happens to the Slave? You will become a survivor!
2) What happens if a unique role kills you (Veteran, Jailor, Mafioso, Godfather)? You can't become them because there would then be more than one of them in the game
(If anyone killed slave, slave would lose xD unless it already became it's saviours role then if the saviour wins they obviously win too), if you mean what happens if a unique role kills your master then reread additional info (xD 2 people have asked me this now)

Just some things to consider

Answers in bold.
Check out my ideas:
My Guardian Faction
My Elemental Faction
My Spirit Faction
My Demon Faction

sh99er
Spy
Spy

Postby sh99er » Thu Oct 20, 2016 12:37 pm

Ralozey wrote:
TheMajesticSammie wrote:So- ignoring the fact that this role will openly trigger every black American who plays this game
I guess if you were to change the name it would be quite a good role

sh99er wrote:Consig : Your target was whipped and forced to do hard labour by an unknown person last night, they must be a Slave!
I think this should be changed, so the Cosig knows who the mafia has to kill, for them to gain another mafia member.

/support

~Ralozey

Ok thx :D I also might change Consigs results abit to get rid of some offences
Check out my ideas:
My Guardian Faction
My Elemental Faction
My Spirit Faction
My Demon Faction

sh99er
Spy
Spy

Postby TheWolfBuddy » Thu Oct 20, 2016 7:45 pm

TheMajesticSammie wrote:So- ignoring the fact that this role will openly trigger every black American who plays this game:

OH GOD MY SIDES
I'm just a memer, I meme my life away... away...

frop418 wrote:
FMLSheWas12 wrote:
frop418 wrote:What do you guys find scummy about Sevo?

What do you think of S0me0ne's opinion on Sevo?

He pointed a lot of interesting points.

Understood is my #1 policy vig forever.
TheWolfBuddy
[Forum Mafia XII] Winner
[Forum Mafia XII] Winner

Postby sh99er » Fri Oct 21, 2016 10:29 am

TheWolfBuddy wrote:

OH GOD MY SIDES

??? What do you mean OH GOD MY SIDES!? Just confused xD and this role isn't based on black slaves, I don't why calling a role: slave, automatically makes it a black American Slave...
Check out my ideas:
My Guardian Faction
My Elemental Faction
My Spirit Faction
My Demon Faction

sh99er
Spy
Spy

Postby TheMajesticSammie » Fri Oct 21, 2016 10:32 am

sh99er wrote:
TheWolfBuddy wrote:

OH GOD MY SIDES

??? What do you mean OH GOD MY SIDES!? Just confused xD and this role isn't based on black slaves, I don't why calling a role: slave, automatically makes it a black American Slave...

Well, the Salem Witch Trials took place in an American town called Salem, in the same time period when slaves were still a thing. If you were to be accurate to the place and time period, you would, well... I'm getting uncomfortable now. Please just let it go.
TheMajesticSammie
Spy
Spy

Postby sh99er » Fri Oct 21, 2016 10:39 am

TheMajesticSammie wrote:
sh99er wrote:
TheWolfBuddy wrote:

OH GOD MY SIDES

Well, the Salem Witch Trials took place in an American town called Salem, in the same time period when slaves were still a thing. If you were to be accurate to the place and time period, you would, well... I'm getting uncomfortable now. Please just let it go.

ah, because of the witch trial times, but I'm not being accurate xD and if this is true then in those times there was still child labour with children of any colour, and this role is meant to be a kid/young teen, most child workers/slaves were either orphans or had poor families, but if you really feel this way then I will change name if I get enough other people commenting saying the name should be changed.
Check out my ideas:
My Guardian Faction
My Elemental Faction
My Spirit Faction
My Demon Faction

sh99er
Spy
Spy

Re: Slave (100+ views) Feedback Needed!!!

Postby Spectre0 » Fri Oct 21, 2016 6:20 pm

If you go ahead and get triggered by the word "Slave", you deserve to be triggered, and I do not feel bad at all about upsetting you.
Spectre0
Bodyguard
Bodyguard

Postby Scientedfic » Fri Oct 21, 2016 6:50 pm

Spectre0 wrote:If you go ahead and get triggered by the word "Slave", you deserve to be triggered, and I do not feel bad at all about upsetting you.

But you'll be surprised at how many people do get triggered by that word. I personally don't, but you'll be very surprised.

In the Salem Witch Trial years, slavery was beginning, but hardly existent. It was much more about indentured servitude (as far as I know in The Crucible the only slave seen is Tituba, whereas there were at least 10 (?) indentured servants seen. Of course, there were more than just 1 slave, but there were far more servants of that time.

I still agree that the name should be changed, simply for the courtesy of others. "Servant" works best.

Now... onto criticism.

It's quite unique, and the concept is workable in the ToS.

However, it's not completely original, from what I see. It looks like you meshed in executioner and amnesiac together with a few modifications. That's not to say that it's bad: the consigiliere is a buffed investigator, after all, and they are in different factions. Seeing that this is a neutral benign role, it's a different faction from the executioner, but not so from the amnesiac. Perhaps try to make more modifications (up to you; I can't really think of anything for the momento)?

Technically, the ability you mentioned isn't really an ability. Would this be unique? Would it be night immune (I'm presuming no)?

Now, I feel that this role is a weakened amnesiac, to an extent. The fact that your win factor initially entirely depends on your "master's" death is hard enough. The fact that you can't choose the role afterwards makes this even harder. To counter this, the slave should be night immune until his/her master is dead, at which point fate is left up to whether the person killing the master is immune or not (it most likely won't, unless it's a serial killer or arsonist).

Having detection immunity is entirely unnecessary. Since the slave is a neutral benign role, the sheriff will automatically see not suspicious. You might as well take it out.

If you were to take my advice and make the slave night-immune until the master is dead, the slave should have bite immunity. However, if you decide not to, then there should not be bite immunity. Vampires can reach out to any benign role, so the slave might as well be a vampire, too.

Investigator results: It really does not match up. I feel that it should instead be Sheriff, Executioner, Werewolf, Slave. This is because your initial state as a slave functions much like an executioner, so you might as well try to cover yourself up if needed. Alternatively, you could do Lookout, Forger, Amnesiac, Slave, as you have already done.

It's impossible for an amnesiac to visit anyone. Just saying.

Overall, it's not bad. Just needs some tweaking, and I think it can be referred to the mods! Congratulations!
Oh shiz it's that Break the Chest guy who won't do a game.
Scientedfic
Transporter
Transporter

Postby sh99er » Sat Oct 22, 2016 1:57 am

Scientedfic wrote:
Spectre0 wrote:If you go ahead and get triggered by the word "Slave", you deserve to be triggered, and I do not feel bad at all about upsetting you.

But you'll be surprised at how many people do get triggered by that word. I personally don't, but you'll be very surprised.

In the Salem Witch Trial years, slavery was beginning, but hardly existent. It was much more about indentured servitude (as far as I know in The Crucible the only slave seen is Tituba, whereas there were at least 10 (?) indentured servants seen. Of course, there were more than just 1 slave, but there were far more servants of that time.

I still agree that the name should be changed, simply for the courtesy of others. "Servant" works best.

Now... onto criticism.

It's quite unique, and the concept is workable in the ToS.

However, it's not completely original, from what I see. It looks like you meshed in executioner and amnesiac together with a few modifications. That's not to say that it's bad: the consigiliere is a buffed investigator, after all, and they are in different factions. Seeing that this is a neutral benign role, it's a different faction from the executioner, but not so from the amnesiac. Perhaps try to make more modifications (up to you; I can't really think of anything for the momento)?

Technically, the ability you mentioned isn't really an ability. Would this be unique? Would it be night immune (I'm presuming no)?

Now, I feel that this role is a weakened amnesiac, to an extent. The fact that your win factor initially entirely depends on your "master's" death is hard enough. The fact that you can't choose the role afterwards makes this even harder. To counter this, the slave should be night immune until his/her master is dead, at which point fate is left up to whether the person killing the master is immune or not (it most likely won't, unless it's a serial killer or arsonist).

Having detection immunity is entirely unnecessary. Since the slave is a neutral benign role, the sheriff will automatically see not suspicious. You might as well take it out.

If you were to take my advice and make the slave night-immune until the master is dead, the slave should have bite immunity. However, if you decide not to, then there should not be bite immunity. Vampires can reach out to any benign role, so the slave might as well be a vampire, too.

Investigator results: It really does not match up. I feel that it should instead be Sheriff, Executioner, Werewolf, Slave. This is because your initial state as a slave functions much like an executioner, so you might as well try to cover yourself up if needed. Alternatively, you could do Lookout, Forger, Amnesiac, Slave, as you have already done.

It's impossible for an amnesiac to visit anyone. Just saying.

Overall, it's not bad. Just needs some tweaking, and I think it can be referred to the mods! Congratulations!

The role isnt unique but yor idea of it being immune until master dies is a good idea...hm ill think about itt
Check out my ideas:
My Guardian Faction
My Elemental Faction
My Spirit Faction
My Demon Faction

sh99er
Spy
Spy

Postby randomguyhavingfun » Sat Oct 22, 2016 4:20 am

Interesting concept but something doesn't seem right to me. You shouldn't become your masters role. I am debating whether you should become a witch or survivor or something. Maybe your killers role? It's just odd to be forced to kill someone so you can replace them. No role should have 2 conflicting goals. Oh and just so this role has some more stuff to do in order for it to think more and effect the game more I got an idea. What if you can chose to do your masters action for the night? Much like a mafioso that can select whether he wants to perform us action. This could also grant you immunity from killers aimed directly at you but if your master is a bg or chooses a vet or wws target pr something it can backfire. Not too sure about this one. As for the invest results I support the framer jester vamp one.

/support
I have become what i despise, a man who despises himself.

Check out my role suggestions
http://www.blankmediagames.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=45162
the psychaiatrist
Do you also want a more balanched and competetitive ranked mode in patch 1.6? See my ranked suggestions
http://www.blankmediagames.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=48199

How would a new investigator list with new roles look?
randomguyhavingfun
Godfather
Godfather

Postby sh99er » Sat Oct 22, 2016 4:29 am

randomguyhavingfun wrote:Interesting concept but something doesn't seem right to me. You shouldn't become your masters role. I am debating whether you should become a witch or survivor or something. Maybe your killers role? It's just odd to be forced to kill someone so you can replace them. No role should have 2 conflicting goals. Oh and just so this role has some more stuff to do in order for it to think more and effect the game more I got an idea. What if you can chose to do your masters action for the night? Much like a mafioso that can select whether he wants to perform us action. This could also grant you immunity from killers aimed directly at you but if your master is a bg or chooses a vet or wws target pr something it can backfire. Not too sure about this one. As for the invest results I support the framer jester vamp one.

/support

You do become your masters killers role you must of misunderstood, why wuld you become masters role?
Check out my ideas:
My Guardian Faction
My Elemental Faction
My Spirit Faction
My Demon Faction

sh99er
Spy
Spy

Postby randomguyhavingfun » Sat Oct 22, 2016 4:30 am

Then I officially cannot read. :lol: but what if he is werewolf? Witch? That doesn't sound well

the psychaiatrist
Do you also want a more balanched and competetitive ranked mode in patch 1.6? See my ranked suggestions

randomguyhavingfun
Godfather
Godfather

Postby sh99er » Sat Oct 22, 2016 4:34 am

randomguyhavingfun wrote:Then I officially cannot read. :lol: but what if he is werewolf? Witch? That doesn't sound well

Master cannot be immune roles or amnesiac jester and executioner and if ww is his saviour read again you become witch
Check out my ideas:
My Guardian Faction
My Elemental Faction
My Spirit Faction
My Demon Faction

sh99er
Spy
Spy

Postby randomguyhavingfun » Sat Oct 22, 2016 4:58 am

sh99er wrote:
randomguyhavingfun wrote:Then I officially cannot read. :lol: but what if he is werewolf? Witch? That doesn't sound well

Master cannot be immune roles or amnesiac jester and executioner and if ww is his saviour read again you become witch

That is what I am saying. It's unfair to the ww

the psychaiatrist

randomguyhavingfun
Godfather
Godfather

Postby sh99er » Sat Oct 22, 2016 5:26 am

randomguyhavingfun wrote:
sh99er wrote:

But it cannot become werewolf as its Unique and it would be unfair. And it cannot become survivor as that is for when you have no real killer. Witch is the only role that works here. Unless i said slave becomes werewolf....and that as i said is not fair.
Check out my ideas:
My Guardian Faction
My Elemental Faction
My Spirit Faction
My Demon Faction

sh99er
Spy
Spy

Postby randomguyhavingfun » Sat Oct 22, 2016 5:45 am

sh99er wrote:
sh99er wrote:

But it cannot become werewolf as its Unique and it would be unfair. And it cannot become survivor as that is for when you have no real killer. Witch is the only role that works here. Unless i said slave becomes werewolf....and that as i said is not fair.

Maybe he becomes something like a wolf link? He basically is a slave that wins with ww and becomes ww if a werewolf dies. Idk seems better than witch

the psychaiatrist

randomguyhavingfun
Godfather
Godfather

Postby sh99er » Sat Oct 22, 2016 6:01 am

sh99er wrote:

Any ideas then?what culd slave become?
Check out my ideas:
My Guardian Faction
My Elemental Faction
My Spirit Faction
My Demon Faction

sh99er
Spy
Spy

Next

Return to Role Idea Archives