My first role idea: Soulkeeper

Old Role Ideas

Re: My first role idea: Soulkeeper (Edited!) (80% Support!)

Postby BlazinIce » Mon Dec 05, 2016 3:57 pm

Shame it's a soulkeeper
How to get unlimited Town Points in Town of Salem
I'm a forum regular. You may see me in Role Ideas (critiquing bad roles), Testing Grounds, Feedback, Suggestions, or Forum Games. I'm also in ToS as Noone.

Mortician -A Neutral Evil Janitor that buries lynches. Has over 100 supporters!
Gossiper -A Neutral Evil role that gives a player valuable information about another player each night.
BlazinIce
Vigilante
Vigilante

Postby Spectre0 » Mon Dec 05, 2016 9:15 pm

BlazinIce wrote:Shame it's a soulkeeper

I don't understand what you mean.
Spectre0
Bodyguard
Bodyguard

Postby Daizy » Tue Dec 06, 2016 10:21 am

I love this idea!!!! I can't think of any changes to make.
Spoiler: Image
Favourite roles: Witch, Jailor, Consigilere, Investigator
Least favourite roles: Transporter, Framer, Executioner

"Music is life" - Me
Daizy
Veteran
Veteran

Postby ChinoTamulis » Tue Dec 06, 2016 8:51 pm

Spectre0 wrote:
ChinoTamulis wrote:IMO he should be able to get a soul everynight (except when there are no dead), but only 1 dead soul, the thing I would change is that spectres can see who other spectres are just like vampires but that if the Soulkeeper dies they return to their original faction (like their souls are liberated) so that they dont automatically turn into that faction and will lose if the soulkeeper loses, so the thing is to get people from different factions so they dont want the soulkeeper to die because one of the factions is winning, and when soulkeeper dies all spectres die too and return to the dead to their original factions. So the Soulkeeper has to take into account 2 things, one is to get majority when he performs the awakening otherwise he is fucked, and the second is to get people that are not all from one faction because if you get 3 townies for example (N1 nothing, N2, 3 and 4 you get a soul, and N5 you awaken souls) they might also lynch you and no longer be "under your curse".
It would be like giving the dead people another chance to win (but not with their faction).
You shouuld take into account its not so easy to survive 5 nights to get only 3 minions, so I think he would be good if he was night immune in the ways that I said, which are manily changes in the spectres gameplay because if you are taken from your team thats winning its not like you are going to be very happy, but it gives dead people more interaction with the game, other than just being a spectator and a conversational partner for the medium.

The miniscule amount of minions is plenty. After 5 nights, with 5 people dead (realistically, it would be MUCH more) 3 minions would give you control over more than a third of a town.

Returning people to their original faction would make no one want to lynch the Soulkeeper until after the awakening lol. Free revived teammates!

No but the thing is you die the spectres that were resurresceted die with you. not they are revived. but more like they are alive as long as the Soulkeeper is alive. Because if they cant return to their original factions the role wont even be accepted because that is one of the things that is not allowed/recomended for new role ideas.
ChinoTamulis

Postby Spectre0 » Wed Dec 07, 2016 6:50 am

Spoiler:
ChinoTamulis wrote:
Spectre0 wrote:
ChinoTamulis wrote:IMO he should be able to get a soul everynight (except when there are no dead), but only 1 dead soul, the thing I would change is that spectres can see who other spectres are just like vampires but that if the Soulkeeper dies they return to their original faction (like their souls are liberated) so that they dont automatically turn into that faction and will lose if the soulkeeper loses, so the thing is to get people from different factions so they dont want the soulkeeper to die because one of the factions is winning, and when soulkeeper dies all spectres die too and return to the dead to their original factions. So the Soulkeeper has to take into account 2 things, one is to get majority when he performs the awakening otherwise he is fucked, and the second is to get people that are not all from one faction because if you get 3 townies for example (N1 nothing, N2, 3 and 4 you get a soul, and N5 you awaken souls) they might also lynch you and no longer be "under your curse".
It would be like giving the dead people another chance to win (but not with their faction).
You shouuld take into account its not so easy to survive 5 nights to get only 3 minions, so I think he would be good if he was night immune in the ways that I said, which are manily changes in the spectres gameplay because if you are taken from your team thats winning its not like you are going to be very happy, but it gives dead people more interaction with the game, other than just being a spectator and a conversational partner for the medium.

The miniscule amount of minions is plenty. After 5 nights, with 5 people dead (realistically, it would be MUCH more) 3 minions would give you control over more than a third of a town.

Returning people to their original faction would make no one want to lynch the Soulkeeper until after the awakening lol. Free revived teammates!

No but the thing is you die the spectres that were resurresceted die with you. not they are revived. but more like they are alive as long as the Soulkeeper is alive. Because if they cant return to their original factions the role wont even be accepted because that is one of the things that is not allowed/recomended for new role ideas.

There are no "rules" for role ideas. This role has lots of support and is legitimately balanced (admittedly, that's arguable) and would be fun to play as - shouldn't that be sufficient for consideration?
Spectre0
Bodyguard
Bodyguard

Postby Spectre0 » Sun Dec 18, 2016 9:30 pm

I'm not letting you die just yet, Soulkeeper.
Spectre0
Bodyguard
Bodyguard

Postby QuantumTzar » Thu Dec 22, 2016 3:51 pm

This role is awesome and very unique :)

A soulkeeper's awakening would be an amazing surprise near the end of the game
I am seen in game as Pablo and you can find me on All Any
QuantumTzar
Jester
Jester

Postby Spectre0 » Thu Dec 22, 2016 7:10 pm

QuantumTzar wrote:This role is awesome and very unique :)

A soulkeeper's awakening would be an amazing surprise near the end of the game

That's the idea, yep.

Thanks for the feedback.
Spectre0
Bodyguard
Bodyguard

Postby Spectre0 » Sat Dec 24, 2016 11:20 am

Small change: Sheriff can now find Soulkeeper at any time. I feel like making him immune to sheriff AND letting him fairly easily pretend to be medium (Which is also in his investigation pool) made it a bit too easy to stay anonymous.
Spectre0
Bodyguard
Bodyguard

Postby KyoDaz » Sat Dec 24, 2016 11:51 am

Even though I really hate conversion roles, this one I feel different about. I quite like it.

/support
KyoDaz
Executioner
Executioner

Postby HereThereEverywhere » Sat Dec 24, 2016 12:22 pm

I honestly think this could be a good addition to the game.

But what do I know, I'm not a biased TG mod or anything.
canadian joker says a lot aboot society
HereThereEverywhere
Vampire Hunter
Vampire Hunter

Postby MorganTheMod » Sat Dec 24, 2016 12:42 pm

The only thing is the Name Color. It shouldn't be red because the mafia is red. Make it like Black or something and represent it by bolding it.

Hope this helped. :lol:
Im usually named Yippie if you ever want to greet me in game
I have some role ideas floating around if you wanna check them out ;)(and more to come!)
MorganTheMod
Amnesiac
Amnesiac

Postby HereThereEverywhere » Sat Dec 24, 2016 12:59 pm

Kirize12 wrote:
HereThereEverywhere wrote:I honestly think this could be a good addition to the game.

But what do I know, I'm not a biased TG mod or anything.

If you think a ruling was unfair talk to a TG mod about it instead of being passive aggressive.

I'd recommend talking to Ralo or Jerme, I wasn't part of the voting.

I didn't mean it as an actual jab or anything, I have no problems with the TG mods personally.
HereThereEverywhere
Vampire Hunter
Vampire Hunter

Re: Soulkeeper

Postby Guiorgy » Tue Dec 27, 2016 9:54 am

I feel like being able to get someone on your side every night (except the first night) is a little too OP.

My favourite role ideas:

Spoiler:
    (Specter0) Soulkeeper(NC)
    (Sh99er) Succubus(NC)
    (Sh99er) Parasite(NC)
    (dyaomaster) Biologist(NK)
    (ChandlerofGEM) Mercenary(NC)
    (khakha1036) Lumber Jack(NB)

Guiorgy
Survivor
Survivor

Postby Spectre0 » Tue Dec 27, 2016 3:08 pm

Guiorgy wrote:I feel like being able to get someone on your side every night (except the first night) is a little too OP.

Every other night bud
Spectre0
Bodyguard
Bodyguard

Postby Guiorgy » Tue Dec 27, 2016 5:25 pm

Spectre0 wrote:
Guiorgy wrote:I feel like being able to get someone on your side every night (except the first night) is a little too OP.

Every other night bud

missed the "other" oops...

The point is that because of the immunities, it's likely you will survive till the late game, and the game can be as ling as over 10 days. thats over 5 minions on your side + you yourself. Now don't get me wrong, I am not saying the role is bad or something, I just mean it's too easy to get a soul. Just think, when a killing class targets somebody theres so much that can go wrong: getting, RBd, transported, witched, healed, BGd and target being immune. Thats what makes it more interesting, the uncertainty of successful use of ability.

My favourite role ideas:

Spoiler:
    (Sh99er) Succubus(NC)
    (Sh99er) Parasite(NC)

Guiorgy
Survivor
Survivor

Postby KyoDaz » Tue Dec 27, 2016 5:46 pm

I just noticed this role was posted on my birthday, wow.
KyoDaz
Executioner
Executioner

Postby Spectre0 » Tue Dec 27, 2016 5:54 pm

Guiorgy wrote:
Spectre0 wrote:

Every other night bud

missed the "other" oops...

The point is that because of the immunities, it's likely you will survive till the late game, and the game can be as ling as over 10 days. thats over 5 minions on your side + you yourself. Now don't get me wrong, I am not saying the role is bad or something, I just mean it's too easy to get a soul. Just think, when a killing class targets somebody theres so much that can go wrong: getting, RBd, transported, witched, healed, BGd and target being immune. Thats what makes it more interesting, the uncertainty of successful use of ability.

For one, a ten-day-long game is fairly long, and means that town/evils have been significantly inactive or restricted (Which means fewer dead people, which means more people to oppose SK)

And if a role with damning investigation results which can also be found my sheriff survives until day 10 when a medium or retributionist can call attention to their existence, it's fairly impressive.
Spectre0
Bodyguard
Bodyguard

Postby Spectre0 » Wed Dec 28, 2016 9:26 am

Bump. Hail Hydra.
Spectre0
Bodyguard
Bodyguard

Postby Guiorgy » Thu Dec 29, 2016 4:35 pm

Spectre0 wrote:Bump. Hail Hydra.

OK, I am calling Captain America...

My favourite role ideas:

Spoiler:
    (Sh99er) Succubus(NC)
    (Sh99er) Parasite(NC)

Guiorgy
Survivor
Survivor

Postby HereThereEverywhere » Thu Dec 29, 2016 4:51 pm

Guiorgy wrote:
Spectre0 wrote:Bump. Hail Hydra.

OK, I am calling Captain America...

He's too busy breaking his buddies out of jail
HereThereEverywhere
Vampire Hunter
Vampire Hunter

Postby Aki123456789 » Fri Dec 30, 2016 10:54 pm

Question. How will you know who the dead is? The role doesn't kill (according to how I read this; if it is please fix it and notify me how it's ability works), it converts. Do you have to randomly select a person and hope they die or be notified of who has died and then be given the choice to take a soul or not. The randomly select thing is a bit insane and telling the soul keeper who died, them choosing, and then telling the victims their soul has been taken, which would slow down the ending of the night round showing there is likely a soulkeeper. Or do you choose from the graveyard who bring back? If this is the case, what about players who leave the game as soon as they die? Even if this problem wasn't there, you would have to take up tons of souls as people who come back are basically confirmed to be a spectre, and you can only take one per night. And what role shows up for a spectre during investigation? This role feels like another arsonist to me.
Aki123456789
Jester
Jester

Postby Spectre0 » Sat Dec 31, 2016 9:25 am

Aki123456789 wrote:Question. How will you know who the dead is? The role doesn't kill (according to how I read this; if it is please fix it and notify me how it's ability works), it converts. Do you have to randomly select a person and hope they die or be notified of who has died and then be given the choice to take a soul or not. The randomly select thing is a bit insane and telling the soul keeper who died, them choosing, and then telling the victims their soul has been taken, which would slow down the ending of the night round showing there is likely a soulkeeper. Or do you choose from the graveyard who bring back? If this is the case, what about players who leave the game as soon as they die? Even if this problem wasn't there, you would have to take up tons of souls as people who come back are basically confirmed to be a spectre, and you can only take one per night. And what role shows up for a spectre during investigation? This role feels like another arsonist to me.

You choose from the graveyard. You take one every other night. You don't need tons, you need an amount equal or greater than the remaining townies. People who leave the graveyard as soon as they die is a player problem, not a role problem, and this role discourages that anyway.
Spectre0
Bodyguard
Bodyguard

Postby Aki123456789 » Sat Dec 31, 2016 5:36 pm

Spectre0 wrote:
Aki123456789 wrote:Question. How will you know who the dead is? The role doesn't kill (according to how I read this; if it is please fix it and notify me how it's ability works), it converts. Do you have to randomly select a person and hope they die or be notified of who has died and then be given the choice to take a soul or not. The randomly select thing is a bit insane and telling the soul keeper who died, them choosing, and then telling the victims their soul has been taken, which would slow down the ending of the night round showing there is likely a soulkeeper. Or do you choose from the graveyard who bring back? If this is the case, what about players who leave the game as soon as they die? Even if this problem wasn't there, you would have to take up tons of souls as people who come back are basically confirmed to be a spectre, and you can only take one per night. And what role shows up for a spectre during investigation? This role feels like another arsonist to me.

You choose from the graveyard. You take one every other night. You don't need tons, you need an amount equal or greater than the remaining townies. People who leave the graveyard as soon as they die is a player problem, not a role problem, and this role discourages that anyway.

Well, everybody is probably gonna turn on this role as soon as they are found like arsonist. Making it to the point where you have enough votes is difficult. So this role is like a mesh of arsonist, vampire, and retributionist which sounds like a recipe for disaster, but I feel it could work and be implemented into the game when buffed to the point where it has a fighting chance. Your example seems to be referring to an idiot town and mafia. :lol:
Aki123456789
Jester
Jester

Postby Spectre0 » Sat Dec 31, 2016 5:57 pm

Aki123456789 wrote:Well, everybody is probably gonna turn on this role as soon as they are found like arsonist. Making it to the point where you have enough votes is difficult. So this role is like a mesh of arsonist, vampire, and retributionist which sounds like a recipe for disaster, but I feel it could work and be implemented into the game when buffed to the point where it has a fighting chance. Your example seems to be referring to an idiot town and mafia. :lol:

Except that it's not that difficult to survive to the end as this role - I was thinking of nerfing it, in fact. It can easily claim Medium, its existence is relatively difficult to ascertain, it's ability is very subtle, and it requires little interaction in day chat (which in turn means less investigation).
Spectre0
Bodyguard
Bodyguard

PreviousNext

Return to Role Idea Archives