My first role idea: Soulkeeper

Old Role Ideas

Re: My first role idea: Soulkeeper (100+ Views!)

Postby Spectre0 » Sun Oct 23, 2016 8:08 pm

Sorry, it was just an idea I thought of reading this. But I like the role, fits into the neutral chaos alignment very nicely

No problem, every suggestion is appreciated. Thanks for the feedback.
Spectre0
Bodyguard
Bodyguard

Re: My first role idea: Soulkeeper (200+ Views!)

Postby Spectre0 » Tue Oct 25, 2016 8:17 am

How do people feel about potentially giving this limited immunity? (I.e. 3 autovests/self-vests)
Spectre0
Bodyguard
Bodyguard

Postby RosalinasGalaxy » Tue Oct 25, 2016 9:44 am

Spectre0 wrote:How do people feel about potentially giving this limited immunity? (I.e. 3 autovests/self-vests)

Well it could work.
But it should have to sacrifice the action of taking a soul action in exchange for being immune. Because the Soulkeeper is an easier arsonist picking targets. You don't have to try to predict who you believe will live, you just choose random dead targets, and take them for your own.
But yeah, it can definitely work as long as it's not an auto-immunity thing.

Also, what about renaming Spectre to Zombies?
Happy-end-of-the-year holidays!
RosalinasGalaxy
Sheriff
Sheriff

Postby Spectre0 » Tue Oct 25, 2016 12:18 pm

RosalinasGalaxy wrote:
Spectre0 wrote:How do people feel about potentially giving this limited immunity? (I.e. 3 autovests/self-vests)

Well it could work.
But it should have to sacrifice the action of taking a soul action in exchange for being immune. Because the Soulkeeper is an easier arsonist picking targets. You don't have to try to predict who you believe will live, you just choose random dead targets, and take them for your own.
But yeah, it can definitely work as long as it's not an auto-immunity thing.

Also, what about renaming Spectre to Zombies?

The name isn't super important. I'll probably hold a poll for the name of his minions, and see whether people prefer ghosts, spectres, zombies, minions, etc.

I honestly, after thinking about it, don't really want it to have any immunity. It's a powerful conversion role that relies on stealth and avoiding attack in the first place.

Besides, immunity usually ends in a lynching anyway. There isn't a single role that doesn't benefit from the lynching of an immune role, with the exception of executioner for evils or possibly NK for mafia early-game.
Spectre0
Bodyguard
Bodyguard

Postby MagicalToaster » Tue Oct 25, 2016 1:16 pm

Hey, this role actually seems pretty good :P

Yes, that's all i have to say. have a nice day.
Why am i alive
MagicalToaster
Amnesiac
Amnesiac

Re: My first role idea: Soulkeeper (200+ Views!) (80% Suppor

Postby Spectre0 » Tue Oct 25, 2016 5:17 pm

New poll is up! Tick all the boxes for changes you think would improve the role!
Spectre0
Bodyguard
Bodyguard

Re: My first role idea: Soulkeeper (300+ Views!) (80% Suppor

Postby Spectre0 » Sat Oct 29, 2016 11:25 am

(Bump due to interest)
Spectre0
Bodyguard
Bodyguard

Postby Spectre0 » Sat Oct 29, 2016 11:37 am

Guys, the existence of a poll doesn't mean you can't comment feedback. All comments completely stopped as soon as I put up the poll. The poll is just for me to easily see which ideas are most popular.
Spectre0
Bodyguard
Bodyguard

Postby RosalinasGalaxy » Sat Oct 29, 2016 6:09 pm

Spectre0 wrote:Guys, the existence of a poll doesn't mean you can't comment feedback. All comments completely stopped as soon as I put up the poll. The poll is just for me to easily see which ideas are most popular.

People will sometimes vote on a poll just 'cause they can.
And sometimes, they don't bother reading the actual thing.

It's a reason why I don't like having polls all the time.
RosalinasGalaxy
Sheriff
Sheriff

Postby EvilKingRNiC » Sun Oct 30, 2016 1:59 pm

It's a pretty decent role in my opinion. I wouldn't recommend the auto vest unless it's when you don't steal souls for two nights straight though, it would get you called out for being immune. You get what I mean, right? Other than that it has my full support.

/support
EvilKingRNiC

Re: My first role idea: Soulkeeper (400+ Views!) (80% Suppor

Postby Spectre0 » Mon Oct 31, 2016 4:34 pm

Thanks to those who legitimately filled out the role.

Unfortunately, I'm 100% certain that SOME people filled it without reading, or purposely gave me bad results. I'll decide whether I scrap it our keep some ideas to change.

You should see updates to the role soon.
Spectre0
Bodyguard
Bodyguard

Re: My first role idea: Soulkeeper (400+ Views!) (80% Suppor

Postby EvilKingRNiC » Mon Oct 31, 2016 7:34 pm

I actually read it. Twice to make sure I didn't miss any details but it has my opinion already.
EvilKingRNiC

Re: My first role idea: Soulkeeper (Edited!) (80% Support!)

Postby Spectre0 » Sun Nov 06, 2016 8:26 am

Investigator results changed.

Literally everything else on the poll was either a tie between "It's fine as-is" and something else or overwhelmingly "It's fine" so I didn't change much.
Spectre0
Bodyguard
Bodyguard

Postby WindBlqde » Sun Nov 06, 2016 8:56 am

This is good.

Lore:

When he was a young boy, the Soulkeeper got sent out into the forest by himself to get some wood for the fire. Right as he was chopping the last tree down, a hole appeared under him and he fell through. The place he had fallen in to was nothing out of the ordinary. Well, that was until he looked up and saw a floating cloaked creature that was invisible in black. The creature cursed him with something his mother had always told him not to have too much of, power. The power to bring back a whole huge army of the dead to life. The power of necromancy.

Do you like it?

/support

Try to get it into TG!
I am a preteen fortnite tiktok kid
WindBlqde
Mayor
Mayor

Postby Seruth » Sun Nov 06, 2016 9:07 am

I think this role could be almost ready for testing grounds.
Two things: Dead taken by soulkeeper cannot help them because it would be gamethrowing-unless they are amne or such. Keep that in mind.
And make jester immune to Soulkeeper. Sure, if he dies by assault, it's definitely game over, but if he dies due to lynch, and that is his goal, the soulkeeper would be able to convert them because they HAD to die to win. Exe, ok, maybe. But not jester.
Seruth
Spy
Spy

Postby RosalinasGalaxy » Sun Nov 06, 2016 11:23 am

Seruth wrote:I think this role could be almost ready for testing grounds.
Two things: Dead taken by soulkeeper cannot help them because it would be gamethrowing-unless they are amne or such. Keep that in mind.
And make jester immune to Soulkeeper. Sure, if he dies by assault, it's definitely game over, but if he dies due to lynch, and that is his goal, the soulkeeper would be able to convert them because they HAD to die to win. Exe, ok, maybe. But not jester.

Oh yeah. I didn't think about that.
Jesters who successfully lynched themselves should be the only roles that cannot be taken by a Soulkeeper.

However, I don't understand the gamethrowing scenario with the way it was worded. Can you please elaborate?
RosalinasGalaxy
Sheriff
Sheriff

Postby Seruth » Sun Nov 06, 2016 12:43 pm

RosalinasGalaxy wrote:

Jesters who successfully lynched themselves should be the only roles that cannot be taken by a Soulkeeper.

However, I don't understand the gamethrowing scenario with the way it was worded. Can you please elaborate?

Sure. It is like vampire- you do not belong to the soulkeeper(yet), because you only belong to the soulkeeper team if he uses the Awakening.
And because of that, you are still a member of the mafia/town/Sk/arso team. Which means it would be gamethrowing to help the Soulkeeper. Because the Soulkeeper is an enemy of your team.
Dead witches, survivors, executors, amnes, or WW... They can help that soulkeeper because they cannot win if the soulkeeper dies anyways.
Seruth
Spy
Spy

Postby RosalinasGalaxy » Sun Nov 06, 2016 1:59 pm

Seruth wrote:
RosalinasGalaxy wrote:

Sure. It is like vampire- you do not belong to the soulkeeper(yet), because you only belong to the soulkeeper team if he uses the Awakening.
And because of that, you are still a member of the mafia/town/Sk/arso team. Which means it would be gamethrowing to help the Soulkeeper. Because the Soulkeeper is an enemy of your team.
Dead witches, survivors, executors, amnes, or WW... They can help that soulkeeper because they cannot win if the soulkeeper dies anyways.

Well see now, here's the thing.
We can't deny a good idea solely because of gamethrowers.

But besides that, I don't think such a scenario would ever really happen often (unlike vampires) because a soulkeeper is lone, and unique, and because of that, isn't really discovered until he dies, or revives everyone he collected. And by the time either of those scenarios happened, it would be too late to join the undead team.
Vampires on the other hand can easily be revealed because once one member of their team dies (which is pretty frequent), it will forever be held in everyone's mind that vampires exist in the game. But for a soulkeeper, it's just not gonna happen.

The only true way for someone to 100% confirm the presence of a SoulKeeper is to know who they are before they enter the game...which is cheating.
RosalinasGalaxy
Sheriff
Sheriff

Postby Seruth » Sun Nov 06, 2016 2:08 pm

RosalinasGalaxy wrote:
Seruth wrote:Sure. It is like vampire- you do not belong to the soulkeeper(yet), because you only belong to the soulkeeper team if he uses the Awakening.

But besides that, I don't think such a scenario would ever really happen often (unlike vampires) because a soulkeeper is lone, and unique, and because of that, isn't really discovered until he dies, or revives everyone he collected. And by the time either of those scenarios happened, it would be too late to join the undead team.
Vampires on the other hand can easily be revealed because once one member of their team dies (which is pretty frequent), it will forever be held in everyone's mind that vampires exist in the game. But for a soulkeeper, it's just not gonna happen.

The only true way for someone to 100% confirm the presence of a SoulKeeper is to know who they are before they enter the game...which is cheating.

No, I didn't speak about others dying to get on soulkeeper team. That is not really a big problem.
I meant those whose souls were collected by the soulkeeper. They can speak only with the soulkeeper, but because they didn't lose their alignment yet, they cannot help the soulkeeper if that damages their team. Which means that town and mafia must not help the soulkeeper. On the other hand, remember what ppl do when threatened with vamp turning...
Seruth
Spy
Spy

Postby RosalinasGalaxy » Sun Nov 06, 2016 2:29 pm

Seruth wrote:
RosalinasGalaxy wrote:
Seruth wrote:Sure. It is like vampire- you do not belong to the soulkeeper(yet), because you only belong to the soulkeeper team if he uses the Awakening.

No, I didn't speak about others dying to get on soulkeeper team. That is not really a big problem.
I meant those whose souls were collected by the soulkeeper. They can speak only with the soulkeeper, but because they didn't lose their alignment yet, they cannot help the soulkeeper if that damages their team. Which means that town and mafia must not help the soulkeeper. On the other hand, remember what ppl do when threatened with vamp turning...

Oh.
Hmmmm...Maybe instead of being able to talk to the soulkeeper, they can only chat with other collected souls?
RosalinasGalaxy
Sheriff
Sheriff

Postby Spectre0 » Sun Nov 06, 2016 6:20 pm

Amazing point. I did not think of that. I'll edit it now.
Spectre0
Bodyguard
Bodyguard

Postby Spectre0 » Sun Nov 06, 2016 6:22 pm

RosalinasGalaxy wrote:Oh.
Hmmmm...Maybe instead of being able to talk to the soulkeeper, they can only chat with other collected souls?

Interesting point. I'll sleep on that. It's true that because most roles couldn't help SoulKeep without gamethrowing, there isn't much use for that chat.
Spectre0
Bodyguard
Bodyguard

Postby Spectre0 » Sun Nov 06, 2016 6:24 pm

Should I make Exe immune to soul-stealing, for the same reason as Jester?
Spectre0
Bodyguard
Bodyguard

Postby RosalinasGalaxy » Sun Nov 06, 2016 7:31 pm

Spectre0 wrote:Should I make Exe immune to soul-stealing, for the same reason as Jester?

Yes.
But only if the Executioner died without completing their goal.

Also I'm starting to think a Soulkeeper should just have permanent night immunity so that it has time to collect people
RosalinasGalaxy
Sheriff
Sheriff

Postby Spectre0 » Sun Nov 06, 2016 7:44 pm

RosalinasGalaxy wrote:
Spectre0 wrote:Should I make Exe immune to soul-stealing, for the same reason as Jester?

Yes.
But only if the Executioner died without completing their goal.

Also I'm starting to think a Soulkeeper should just have permanent night immunity so that it has time to collect people

I just made exe flat-out immune. It shouldn't be an issue, when an exe or jester are dead there's DEFINITELY lots of dead people by that point. Remember, he's stealing souls every other night - the only way he would be short on people to convert was if somehow there was a death only every three nights.

And yeah, immunity is probably the best way to go.
Spectre0
Bodyguard
Bodyguard

PreviousNext

Return to Role Idea Archives