Interviewer (Town Investigative)

Old Role Ideas

Do you like this role (POLL RESET!)

Yes, it's awesome
74%
Yes, after some changes (comment why please)
11%
Meh (comment why please)
6%
No, but I will if you change it (comment why please)
1%
No this doesn't work (comment why please)
7%

Total votes : 134

Re: SKINSSSSS

Postby PoptartPresident » Sat Sep 24, 2016 5:55 am

kookeekwisp wrote:
PoptartPresident wrote:I've done it!

2 hours of messing around with GIMP paid off.
I hope you enjoy this gift of gratitude for making a really good role idea!

Spoiler: Image
The Interviewer Skin!

It does look like an interviewer, but it just seems so... average?
The MP achievements point to the role being Female oriented, and i'd like to see an investigative woman be in the list of skins to buy.
Spoiler: If you would do another version, make sure it doesn't look more like a Teacher, because Forger pretty much nailed that look already.

I don't wanna have to remake the same skin for a female variety because that requires another 2-3 dedicated hours of my life. If I just changed a couple of attributes of the skin to make it look female, then it's just going to look lazy and stupid.

I mean, I'd could do it cause it's a thing that can exist.
But this isn't even a confirmed role for ToS. I see no reason to make the remake of the same skin for a role that doesn't exist yet.
Making skins requires time and dedication. And I mainly blame dedication because while I definitely have time, I don't always have the urge to create skins. And if I just tried to wing it, then...ew. It won't look good.

Also keep in mind I'm not a Dev artist, so it's not like skins I create are going to look just as good as the Devs.

But I'll consider it the next time I get the energy to create skins cause a Female Investiagtive skin does sounds pretty neat.
(Also do you desire a black skin? Because I have 2 bases I can use. Black and White)
The Saboteur -----> Please critic me

*Has a muscular wolf boyfriend
PoptartPresident
Jailor
Jailor

Location: Somewhere on planet Earth, in a toaster, getting "toasty" ;)

Re: SKINSSSSS

Postby BS4125 » Sat Sep 24, 2016 11:13 am

PoptartPresident wrote:
kookeekwisp wrote:
PoptartPresident wrote:I've done it!

2 hours of messing around with GIMP paid off.
I hope you enjoy this gift of gratitude for making a really good role idea!

Spoiler: [img]http://s13.postimg.org/yr4dghmon/Interviewer.png[/img
The Interviewer Skin!

It does look like an interviewer, but it just seems so... average?
The MP achievements point to the role being Female oriented, and i'd like to see an investigative woman be in the list of skins to buy.
Spoiler: If you would do another version, make sure it doesn't look more like a Teacher, because Forger pretty much nailed that look already.

I don't wanna have to remake the same skin for a female variety because that requires another 2-3 dedicated hours of my life. If I just changed a couple of attributes of the skin to make it look female, then it's just going to look lazy and stupid.

I mean, I'd could do it cause it's a thing that can exist.
But this isn't even a confirmed role for ToS. I see no reason to make the remake of the same skin for a role that doesn't exist yet.
Making skins requires time and dedication. And I mainly blame dedication because while I definitely have time, I don't always have the urge to create skins. And if I just tried to wing it, then...ew. It won't look good.

Also keep in mind I'm not a Dev artist, so it's not like skins I create are going to look just as good as the Devs.

But I'll consider it the next time I get the energy to create skins cause a Female Investiagtive skin does sounds pretty neat.
(Also do you desire a black skin? Because I have 2 bases I can use. Black and White)

If you actually check the lore the Interviewer is actually male so it's fine

Spoiler:
lemonader666 wrote:
Seththeking wrote:
BS4125 wrote:Please post relevant posts to the topic at hand and not digress. Also please explain your opinions otherwise your contribution is sub-zero.

Oooooooo Mister Power over here!

And would you look at that, I was on the forums longer then you.

But overall the role for this topic needs work, I mean it's so bad people would rather
get off topic lol.

solola is a mod you retard
BS4125
Christmas 2018 Winner
Christmas 2018 Winner

I'm tired

Postby PoptartPresident » Sat Sep 24, 2016 1:35 pm

Well I made another skin for this sort of topic thingy I guess.

Spoiler: Image
In all honesty, I got too bored making notepad and pencil stuff, so I ended up going with more high-tech equipment on her body like cameras and a voice recorder.
I feel like she's more of a "Spy". But I don't know, it's up to the viewers cause I just sorta threw her together.

If you would like to go check out more skins you should consider bookmarking this post: The Unofficial Skin Suggestions Thread
The Saboteur -----> Please critic me

*Has a muscular wolf boyfriend
PoptartPresident
Jailor
Jailor

Location: Somewhere on planet Earth, in a toaster, getting "toasty" ;)

Re: I'm tired

Postby BS4125 » Sat Sep 24, 2016 5:12 pm

PoptartPresident wrote:Well I made another skin for this sort of topic thingy I guess.

Spoiler: [img]http://s17.postimg.org/5s1hhhipr/Female_Reporter.png[/ig]
In all honesty, I got too bored making notepad and pencil stuff, so I ended up going with more high-tech equipment on her body like cameras and a voice recorder.
I feel like she's more of a "Spy". But I don't know, it's up to the viewers cause I just sorta threw her together.

If you would like to go check out more skins you should consider bookmarking this post: The Unofficial Skin Suggestions Thread

I'd prefer that skin to be the Spy's skin but it's still a good skin. I see the Interviewer as a male IMO

Spoiler:
lemonader666 wrote:
Seththeking wrote:
BS4125 wrote:Please post relevant posts to the topic at hand and not digress. Also please explain your opinions otherwise your contribution is sub-zero.

But overall the role for this topic needs work, I mean it's so bad people would rather
get off topic lol.

BS4125
Christmas 2018 Winner
Christmas 2018 Winner

Re: Interviewer (Town Investigative)

Postby Tigerleap » Sat Sep 24, 2016 7:38 pm

There are too many results to memorize. It's not like the Invest's results which are very easy to learn, you would have to play with the Wiki open to be able to understand the Interviewer's results.
Also, the results you get are almost useless. Because you're comparing players, it's hard to know which set of results a player is in, and even if you do know, there's so many roles in each result that you're really not getting any valuable information. And a lot of Mafia roles have the same Town claims in the Interviewer's result and in the Investigator's result.
Vig and Maf are in the same result, Esc and Cons are in the same result, Invest and Consig are in the same result, Sheriff Exe and GF are in the same result, Spy and BMer are in the same result. So this role is doing no better than the Invest is against the Mafia, if anything, it gives the evil roles MORE roles they can claim.
HOWEVER this role screws over the NKs! As if NKs weren't weak enough already. Doc and SK are not in the same result, SK's only good claim is Vig, Arso and WW are in the same result, and the best claim they get is Med.
No matter how this role is changed, it will always live in Invest's shadow, but will destroy the NKs.

/No support

"Skill and luck are bound to intercept each other, and thus the two cannot coexist in harmony."

-Tigerleap

FAQ

Spoiler: FAQ:
Why am I called Tigerleap? - It's my Warrior Cat name!
What is my favorite role? - The Lookout is the most fun role for me to play as.
What is my least favorite role? - The Pirate; it's absolutely cancer and we must get rid of it.
Tigerleap
Retributionist
Retributionist

Postby BS4125 » Sat Sep 24, 2016 7:48 pm

Tigerleap wrote:There are too many results to memorize. It's not like the Invest's results which are very easy to learn, you would have to play with the Wiki open to be able to understand the Interviewer's results.
Also, the results you get are almost useless. Because you're comparing players, it's hard to know which set of results a player is in, and even if you do know, there's so many roles in each result that you're really not getting any valuable information. And a lot of Mafia roles have the same Town claims in the Interviewer's result and in the Investigator's result.
Vig and Maf are in the same result, Esc and Cons are in the same result, Invest and Consig are in the same result, Sheriff Exe and GF are in the same result, Spy and BMer are in the same result. So this role is doing no better than the Invest is against the Mafia, if anything, it gives the evil roles MORE roles they can claim.
HOWEVER this role screws over the NKs! As if NKs weren't weak enough already. Doc and SK are not in the same result, SK's only good claim is Vig, Arso and WW are in the same result, and the best claim they get is Med.
No matter how this role is changed, it will always live in Invest's shadow, but will destroy the NKs.

/No support

I guess, I'm tired rn cos it's 3 am here but in the morning I'll change them because until now with that comment I realise this role is just an underpowered Investigator. Sooo from what you just said in there I will do my best to slightly buff and nerf roles that need it because this role can do that perfectly. Also I'm gonna reset the poll because I'm guessing the people that voted against it is because of this issue.

Thanks for the feedback though

Spoiler:
lemonader666 wrote:
Seththeking wrote:

get off topic lol.

BS4125
Christmas 2018 Winner
Christmas 2018 Winner

Postby Mace8937 » Sat Sep 24, 2016 7:52 pm

Why is Witch in the Investigation results with this?
Why would a witch keep records? q_q
y
Mace8937
Consigliere
Consigliere

Postby Tigerleap » Sat Sep 24, 2016 8:07 pm

Mace8937 wrote:Why is Witch in the Investigation results with this?

Balance > Lore

"Skill and luck are bound to intercept each other, and thus the two cannot coexist in harmony."

-Tigerleap

FAQ

What is my least favorite role? - The Pirate; it's absolutely cancer and we must get rid of it.
Tigerleap
Retributionist
Retributionist

Postby Mace8937 » Sat Sep 24, 2016 8:15 pm

Tigerleap wrote:

Balance > Lore

I know the goddamn saying.
But a four invest result AND saying witches keep records?
I'd say that's unbalanced.
y
Mace8937
Consigliere
Consigliere

Postby BS4125 » Sat Sep 24, 2016 8:31 pm

Mace8937 wrote:
Tigerleap wrote:

Balance > Lore

I know the goddamn saying.
But a four invest result AND saying witches keep records?
I'd say that's unbalanced.

Ok then I'll fix the problems now

Spoiler:
lemonader666 wrote:
Seththeking wrote:

get off topic lol.

BS4125
Christmas 2018 Winner
Christmas 2018 Winner

Postby randomguyhavingfun » Sat Sep 24, 2016 11:32 pm

BS why did you make these investigator results? Lookout already has very low pressure in its result with just forger beeing in there and now you switch the amnesiac who eh yeah maybe town should worry about having him with the interviewer?
I have become what i despise, a man who despises himself.

Check out my role suggestions
http://www.blankmediagames.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=45162
the psychaiatrist
Do you also want a more balanched and competetitive ranked mode in patch 1.6? See my ranked suggestions
http://www.blankmediagames.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=48199

How would a new investigator list with new roles look?
randomguyhavingfun
Godfather
Godfather

Postby BS4125 » Sat Sep 24, 2016 11:59 pm

randomguyhavingfun wrote:BS why did you make these investigator results? Lookout already has very low pressure in its result with just forger beeing in there and now you switch the amnesiac who eh yeah maybe town should worry about having him with the interviewer?

Hey I'm open to suggestion on where roles should go. I'm trying to make this so everyone can work in a group to help this role

Spoiler:
lemonader666 wrote:
Seththeking wrote:

get off topic lol.

BS4125
Christmas 2018 Winner
Christmas 2018 Winner

Postby BS4125 » Mon Sep 26, 2016 4:35 pm

Please can the people that voted against this role tell me please why they did so I can improve it so everyone likes it, thanks

Spoiler:
lemonader666 wrote:
Seththeking wrote:

get off topic lol.

BS4125
Christmas 2018 Winner
Christmas 2018 Winner

Postby Tigerleap » Mon Sep 26, 2016 7:05 pm

With the new tweaks this role is still just too weak.
SK and Arso have Doc and Surv, GF Exe and WW have Sher, Cons has Esc, Maf has Vig.
This role is, in the end, still a weaker Invest. The only two roles it's good against are Consig and BMer, that's about it, this role is just too useless. The resuls each have much more roles, giving all the evil roles more claimspace, and it's hard enough to figure out exactly how trustworthy someone is. No matter how you tweak it it will always live in the Invest's shadow.
/Still no support

-Tigerleap

FAQ

Tigerleap
Retributionist
Retributionist

Postby BS4125 » Tue Sep 27, 2016 12:27 am

Tigerleap wrote:With the new tweaks this role is still just too weak.
SK and Arso have Doc and Surv, GF Exe and WW have Sher, Cons has Esc, Maf has Vig.
This role is, in the end, still a weaker Invest. The only two roles it's good against are Consig and BMer, that's about it, this role is just too useless. The resuls each have much more roles, giving all the evil roles more claimspace, and it's hard enough to figure out exactly how trustworthy someone is. No matter how you tweak it it will always live in the Invest's shadow.
/Still no support

But think about this: it's not trying to find the killers, but trying to find people to trust. This is different to the Investigator because they get around about specific targets in each result which is mainly centred around finding the untrustworthy, however this role gets more than half the roles as Town but isn't told the actual category of it. Sooo I guess you're right that the untrusted roles need less claimplace because there's still the whole 'which category is it' aspect to it which reduces this roles power and even when past that the evildoers still have tons of roles to claim. Maybe if I separate the roles which are partnered up in the Investigator results then this role could be useful joint with Investigator. Let us see tho

Spoiler:
lemonader666 wrote:
Seththeking wrote:

get off topic lol.

BS4125
Christmas 2018 Winner
Christmas 2018 Winner

Postby Michael22omega » Tue Sep 27, 2016 5:55 am

If the interviewer have 2 checks per night he is not that bad, this is better then invest because it goes faster but not effective as invest I like this
/Support
Michael22omega
Doctor
Doctor

Postby randomguyhavingfun » Tue Sep 27, 2016 6:13 am

I'd say there should be very little claimspace in cannot be trusted and just a minor evil presence on trusted. Then you get the mix in the somewhat trusted

the psychaiatrist
Do you also want a more balanched and competetitive ranked mode in patch 1.6? See my ranked suggestions

randomguyhavingfun
Godfather
Godfather

Postby BS4125 » Tue Sep 27, 2016 9:39 am

Michael22omega wrote:If the interviewer have 2 checks per night he is not that bad, this is better then invest because it goes faster but not effective as invest I like this
/Support

Thank you :D

Spoiler:
lemonader666 wrote:
Seththeking wrote:

get off topic lol.

BS4125
Christmas 2018 Winner
Christmas 2018 Winner

Postby BS4125 » Tue Sep 27, 2016 9:43 am

randomguyhavingfun wrote:I'd say there should be very little claimspace in cannot be trusted and just a minor evil presence on trusted. Then you get the mix in the somewhat trusted

There still needs to be some balence though, like town roles that are too OP can go in the lowest result and evil UP roles in the trusted category. What I'm thinking of doing is actually putting easily confirmable town roles in the Cannot be Trusted category so it is harder for the evils but can still keep the balence of the roles

Spoiler:
lemonader666 wrote:
Seththeking wrote:

get off topic lol.

BS4125
Christmas 2018 Winner
Christmas 2018 Winner

Postby randomguyhavingfun » Tue Sep 27, 2016 12:21 pm

BS4125 wrote:
randomguyhavingfun wrote:I'd say there should be very little claimspace in cannot be trusted and just a minor evil presence on trusted. Then you get the mix in the somewhat trusted

There still needs to be some balence though, like town roles that are too OP can go in the lowest result and evil UP roles in the trusted category. What I'm thinking of doing is actually putting easily confirmable town roles in the Cannot be Trusted category so it is harder for the evils but can still keep the balence of the roles

I was thinking that we could basically go lore wise and it will turn decent. So no op roles don't go down neccesarily but we have enough cover so it isn't op

the psychaiatrist

randomguyhavingfun
Godfather
Godfather

Postby ksuc » Tue Sep 27, 2016 1:04 pm

I just wonder what makes you putting "Jailor" as "not trusted".

(My point is, can you specifically explain why a role is trusted or not at all in front of the Interviewer?)
Harmless in the morning, Sleeping afternoon, Foreseeing in the evening, Backstabbing at night.
ksuc
Witch
Witch

Postby BS4125 » Tue Sep 27, 2016 1:39 pm

randomguyhavingfun wrote:
BS4125 wrote:

I was thinking that we could basically go lore wise and it will turn decent. So no op roles don't go down neccesarily but we have enough cover so it isn't op

Ok, I guess not then. I think I'll move Serial Killer and Werewolf down one category because I still think that Werewolf and Arsonist can't take on Cannot be Trusted as they usually never win. I still think that Witch and Executioner should stay in the highest group because they are so fragile ATM like I have never won as Witch in all my time of playing it it's ridiculous and also Amnesiac can choose which side to go on so he should be in the middle ground alike Survivor who needs a buff. With Mafia I still feel that the Godfather needs lots of claimspace as he is usually the last resort in Mafia but I'm not to sure Blackmailor should be in the top result as he is OP already but I just thought it made sense that he'd blackmail the Interviewer for saying that. Anyway I'm getting on a tangent here basically I'm gonna edit it to your vision as you can tell me if it ok

Spoiler:
lemonader666 wrote:
Seththeking wrote:

get off topic lol.

BS4125
Christmas 2018 Winner
Christmas 2018 Winner

Postby BS4125 » Tue Sep 27, 2016 1:42 pm

ksuc wrote:I just wonder what makes you putting "Jailor" as "not trusted".

(My point is, can you specifically explain why a role is trusted or not at all in front of the Interviewer?)

In my opinions I think that Jailor is not to be trusted as he holds people against their will, interrogates them for roles and then has the ability to execute them. The Interviewer basically decides whether someone is trustworthy or not by their lifestory and what they've done

Spoiler:
lemonader666 wrote:
Seththeking wrote:

get off topic lol.

BS4125
Christmas 2018 Winner
Christmas 2018 Winner

Postby BS4125 » Thu Sep 29, 2016 12:30 am

Changed the investigation results for Kind of Trusted and Cannot be Trusted however I don't know where the best is to put role as one way people say it's too balenced and the other way people say it's not balenced at all

Spoiler:
lemonader666 wrote:
Seththeking wrote:

get off topic lol.

BS4125
Christmas 2018 Winner
Christmas 2018 Winner

Postby Mace8937 » Thu Sep 29, 2016 5:37 am

BS4125 wrote:Changed the investigation results for Kind of Trusted and Cannot be Trusted however I don't know where the best is to put role as one way people say it's too balenced and the other way people say it's not balenced at all

"too balanced"?
What kind of shit is that?
When is something TOO balanced?
I think the people that said it was "too balanced" meant it is better than balanced.
Nothing can ever be too balanced.
y
Mace8937
Consigliere
Consigliere

PreviousNext

Return to Role Idea Archives