Distributor (Neutral Evil) (3000+ Views!)

Old Role Ideas

Support?

Yes
71%
No
10%
Neutral
14%
I Have no Idea
4%

Total votes : 91

Re: Distributor (Neutral Evil) (3000+ Views!)

Postby WindBlqde » Sun Nov 06, 2016 4:08 pm

SomeCatchyName9 wrote:
WindBlqde wrote:
Kirize12 wrote:KPN is kills per night. With mafia and an NK, there's approximately 1.33 KPN with an arsonist, 1.75 with a werewolf, and 2 with an SK. Werewolf and arsonist due to differences in kill rates. Distributor ups the KPN to 2.33-3, based on the skill level of the player, and assuming the NK is an SK. It's just extremely swingy.

I'll do SK and Mafia kills on the immune list?

Mafia, yes. But for NKs, you have to consider a few things:

1. They are underpowered as it is. This role buffs them quite well.

2. It may sound OP, but think about it, what are the chances that Distributor and NK would target the same person every night?

One exception is the Werewolf. Werewolf should be immune to this, it would be too chaotic.

It would only be killing one more person, and normally they only attack 1 or 2 people, so WW wouldn't be too OP. (As it only kills every other night)
I am a preteen fortnite tiktok kid
WindBlqde
Mayor
Mayor

Postby ramer93 » Mon Nov 07, 2016 12:29 am

SomeCatchyName9 wrote:
WindBlqde wrote:
Kirize12 wrote:KPN is kills per night. With mafia and an NK, there's approximately 1.33 KPN with an arsonist, 1.75 with a werewolf, and 2 with an SK. Werewolf and arsonist due to differences in kill rates. Distributor ups the KPN to 2.33-3, based on the skill level of the player, and assuming the NK is an SK. It's just extremely swingy.

2. It may sound OP, but think about it, what are the chances that Distributor and NK would target the same person every night?

One exception is the Werewolf. Werewolf should be immune to this, it would be too chaotic.

WW would also kill the Distributor so it'd only be one night
UN THE SUN THE SUN THE SUN THE SUN THE SUN THE SUN THE SUN THE SUN THE SUN THE SUN THE SUN THE SUN THE SUN THE S
*going to go ahead and add EoCFM to that*
*oh wait i died n1 there :l*
Wooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
Pangolins are awesome.
ramer93
Witch
Witch

Postby WindBlqde » Mon Nov 07, 2016 3:34 pm

ramer93 wrote:
SomeCatchyName9 wrote:
WindBlqde wrote:

WW would also kill the Distributor so it'd only be one night

I don't understand what you're saying. Please be more detailed.
WindBlqde
Mayor
Mayor

Postby ramer93 » Mon Nov 07, 2016 9:25 pm

Since the Werewolf kills all players visiting his regular target, if the Distributor also visits the target of a Werewolf and kills all players visiting his other target, he would also die to the Werewolf making it a one-time power clear at a personal cost to the Distributor.
UN THE SUN THE SUN THE SUN THE SUN THE SUN THE SUN THE SUN THE SUN THE SUN THE SUN THE SUN THE SUN THE SUN THE S
Wooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
Pangolins are awesome.
ramer93
Witch
Witch

Postby WindBlqde » Tue Nov 08, 2016 5:46 am

ramer93 wrote:Since the Werewolf kills all players visiting his regular target, if the Distributor also visits the target of a Werewolf and kills all players visiting his other target, he would also die to the Werewolf making it a one-time power clear at a personal cost to the Distributor.

It would also kill a townie's enemy confirmed, because Distributor is NE.
WindBlqde
Mayor
Mayor

Postby ramer93 » Tue Nov 08, 2016 8:41 am

Yup.

Just as with Transporter, the Werewolf is a deadly threat to the Distributor himself, but the Distributor is a potentially useful to the Werewolf if they are able to distribute an attack on their other target's house.

That's why I don't think it'd be overpowered to allow that to happen, as Distributor would naturally be working against the Werewolf wherever possible for the sake of self-preservation.
Pangolins are awesome.
ramer93
Witch
Witch

Postby WindBlqde » Tue Nov 08, 2016 12:31 pm

ramer93 wrote:Yup.

Just as with Transporter, the Werewolf is a deadly threat to the Distributor himself, but the Distributor is a potentially useful to the Werewolf if they are able to distribute an attack on their other target's house.

That's why I don't think it'd be overpowered to allow that to happen, as Distributor would naturally be working against the Werewolf wherever possible for the sake of self-preservation.

OK, so you support this?
WindBlqde
Mayor
Mayor

Postby ramer93 » Wed Nov 09, 2016 11:48 am

I support the role and I support the Werewolf direct kill being able to be distributed.

Id recommend making the werewolf's indirect kills non-distributable though.
Pangolins are awesome.
ramer93
Witch
Witch

Postby WindBlqde » Wed Nov 09, 2016 5:53 pm

ramer93 wrote:I support the role and I support the Werewolf direct kill being able to be distributed.

Id recommend making the werewolf's indirect kills non-distributable though.

OK, added.
WindBlqde
Mayor
Mayor

Postby ramer93 » Thu Nov 10, 2016 10:28 am

Oh yeah I also think for simplicity's sakes itd be easier to give the Distributor any additional Investigative results instead of doubling up on the TIs'/Consig's, code-wise at least.

It'd also give them a bit of an idea what's in the game, without letting them be certain of who the results apply to, and restore a bit of power to roles that already get confused enough as it is in a quick game like Town of Salem
Besides, its not like an investigated target who was distributed at the same time would miraculously claim in the investigative bracket of the other distributed target.
Pangolins are awesome.
ramer93
Witch
Witch

Postby randomguyhavingfun » Thu Nov 10, 2016 12:56 pm

ramer93 wrote:Oh yeah I also think for simplicity's sakes itd be easier to give the Distributor any additional Investigative results instead of doubling up on the TIs'/Consig's, code-wise at least.

It'd also give them a bit of an idea what's in the game, without letting them be certain of who the results apply to, and restore a bit of power to roles that already get confused enough as it is in a quick game like Town of Salem
Besides, its not like an investigated target who was distributed at the same time would miraculously claim in the investigative bracket of the other distributed target.

I can second that. It will be better for the game without really hurting claimspace
I have become what i despise, a man who despises himself.

Check out my role suggestions
http://www.blankmediagames.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=45162
the psychaiatrist
Do you also want a more balanched and competetitive ranked mode in patch 1.6? See my ranked suggestions
http://www.blankmediagames.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=48199

How would a new investigator list with new roles look?
randomguyhavingfun
Godfather
Godfather

Postby ramer93 » Thu Nov 10, 2016 2:17 pm

Oh plus:
unintended effect--When the Town Investigative who is the source of that result claims or dies, or if the Consigliere finds a valuable target and kills them the next night, then the Distributor becomes much more certain of what they've learned, which gives motivation not to reveal results too early before the NE slot is known.
Pangolins are awesome.
ramer93
Witch
Witch

Postby WindBlqde » Thu Nov 10, 2016 3:28 pm

ramer93 wrote:Oh yeah I also think for simplicity's sakes itd be easier to give the Distributor any additional Investigative results instead of doubling up on the TIs'/Consig's, code-wise at least.

Wait, so I should make my own?
WindBlqde
Mayor
Mayor

Postby WindBlqde » Sat Dec 24, 2016 8:31 am

Bump!
WindBlqde
Mayor
Mayor

Postby randomguyhavingfun » Sat Dec 24, 2016 1:00 pm

WindBlqde wrote:Bump!

all in all i think this is a complete role by now. it will just stay in tg forever with the others i guess
I have become what i despise, a man who despises himself.

Check out my role suggestions
http://www.blankmediagames.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=45162
the psychaiatrist
Do you also want a more balanched and competetitive ranked mode in patch 1.6? See my ranked suggestions
http://www.blankmediagames.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=48199

How would a new investigator list with new roles look?
randomguyhavingfun
Godfather
Godfather

Previous

Return to Role Idea Archives