Distributor (Neutral Evil) (3000+ Views!)

Old Role Ideas

Support?

Yes
71%
No
10%
Neutral
14%
I Have no Idea
4%

Total votes : 91

Re: Democrat (Neutral Evil) (500+ Views!)

Postby Skulomania » Fri Jul 22, 2016 10:11 am

This role is quite chaotic, and although i do not understand it 100% ( is it simply what happens to A happens to be B or does it it happen to B and not to A? A lot of this A and B stuff makes my head turn reading :shock: ) ,

the name 'Democrat' and the reasoning given (by someone stating that they put their problems onto others) is merely satire and should not be taken seriously.

Democrat - an advocate or supporter of democracy.

I am unsure of any new names that would fit this role, so i suggest reverting back to the 'Wellwisher'.
Skulomania
Jailor
Jailor

Postby superdog551 » Fri Jul 22, 2016 11:08 am

You should rename it wellwisher ;)
joaodasalmas wrote:Abilities: You can reveal yourself as the King Potato, and now you can't be voted.

My Roles:
Charmer
Oracle
Associate

Get in here and count to 200300 before 2030!
In-game my name is Jay
superdog551
Halloween 2020 Winner
Halloween 2020 Winner

Postby RockBottle41 » Fri Jul 22, 2016 3:59 pm

Maybe not offensive, but it is certainly more... political than it should be. (I know you weren't asking me but I'm just throwing in my 2 cents). I don't know if I like the name Wellwisher either though. I'm bad at coming up with names!

The role itself is very interesting! I think it's pretty balanced and fun to play. /Support
Favorite Role: Survivor
Least Favorite Role: Disguiser
NEVER trust a Serial Killer
RockBottle41
Jester
Jester

Re: Wellwisher (Neutral Evil) (500+ Views!)

Postby WindBlqde » Fri Jul 22, 2016 4:05 pm

A big thanks to everyone who commented! I appreciate your feedback! :)
I am a preteen fortnite tiktok kid
WindBlqde
Mayor
Mayor

Postby fornycation » Fri Jul 22, 2016 5:00 pm

Kirize12 wrote: A democrat being cast as a role who wants the town to die...

Yeah...

Is that not an accurate representation of a democrat?
fornycation
Mayor
Mayor

Postby superdog551 » Fri Jul 22, 2016 5:02 pm

fornycation wrote:

Yeah...

Ouch... roasted...
joaodasalmas wrote:Abilities: You can reveal yourself as the King Potato, and now you can't be voted.

My Roles:
Charmer
Oracle
Associate

In-game my name is Jay
superdog551
Halloween 2020 Winner
Halloween 2020 Winner

Postby WindBlqde » Fri Jul 22, 2016 5:04 pm

fornycation wrote:

Yeah...

This is starting to get off topic.

superdog551 wrote:
fornycation wrote:

Yeah...

Ouch... roasted...

You too. :P
WindBlqde
Mayor
Mayor

Postby Tigerleap » Fri Jul 22, 2016 6:13 pm

Glad to see it was finally changed into a NE role. As for the name, I myself do not like the name 'Wellwisher' because this role's abilities do not match the name 'Wellwisher.' However, one thing's for sure, don't make the name anything political, this should not be called Democrat, Senator, or anything among those lines. Apart from that, /support.

"Skill and luck are bound to intercept each other, and thus the two cannot coexist in harmony."

-Tigerleap

FAQ

Spoiler: FAQ:
Why am I called Tigerleap? - It's my Warrior Cat name!
What is my favorite role? - The Lookout is the most fun role for me to play as.
What is my least favorite role? - The Pirate; it's absolutely cancer and we must get rid of it.
Tigerleap
Retributionist
Retributionist

Postby WindBlqde » Fri Jul 22, 2016 6:17 pm

Tigerleap wrote:Glad to see it was finally changed into a NE role. As for the name, I myself do not like the name 'Wellwisher' because this role's abilities do not match the name 'Wellwisher.' However, one thing's for sure, don't make the name anything political, this should not be called Democrat, Senator, or anything among those lines. Apart from that, /support.

Thanks. :) Do you like the name "Patron" or "Ally"?
WindBlqde
Mayor
Mayor

Postby RockBottle41 » Fri Jul 22, 2016 6:31 pm

My name suggestion would be "Distributor" since you distribute good/bad effects onto the other person. I definitely don't think this is a perfect name, though. Again, I'm terrible at coming up with names for things!

Also, I have a question about this role. What happens if one person is attacked and the other is healed? Are both protected from death? This may have been explained in the OP and I failed to pick up on it.
Favorite Role: Survivor
Least Favorite Role: Disguiser
NEVER trust a Serial Killer
RockBottle41
Jester
Jester

Postby Tigerleap » Fri Jul 22, 2016 6:33 pm

WindBlqde wrote:
Tigerleap wrote:Glad to see it was finally changed into a NE role. As for the name, I myself do not like the name 'Wellwisher' because this role's abilities do not match the name 'Wellwisher.' However, one thing's for sure, don't make the name anything political, this should not be called Democrat, Senator, or anything among those lines. Apart from that, /support.

No, not really, in complete honesty. Naming a role can be difficult sometimes. Do you like the name 'Mimic' or 'Mime'?

"Skill and luck are bound to intercept each other, and thus the two cannot coexist in harmony."

-Tigerleap

FAQ

What is my least favorite role? - The Pirate; it's absolutely cancer and we must get rid of it.
Tigerleap
Retributionist
Retributionist

Postby WindBlqde » Fri Jul 22, 2016 6:40 pm

Tigerleap wrote:
WindBlqde wrote:

No, not really, in complete honesty. Naming a role can be difficult sometimes. Do you like the name 'Mimic' or 'Mime'?

I'll do Mimic. :)
WindBlqde
Mayor
Mayor

Postby Tigerleap » Fri Jul 22, 2016 6:47 pm

WindBlqde wrote:
Tigerleap wrote:
WindBlqde wrote:

I'll do Mimic. :)

The role name got changed to my suggestion, what an honor. :D :D :D
:smilepile:

-Tigerleap

FAQ

Tigerleap
Retributionist
Retributionist

Re: Mimic (Neutral Evil) (500+ Views!)

Postby WindBlqde » Fri Jul 22, 2016 6:51 pm

Kirize12 wrote:Wellwisher is a perfectly fine name ;_;

Apparently everyone else thinks otherwise.
WindBlqde
Mayor
Mayor

Postby monkeymacman » Fri Jul 22, 2016 8:13 pm

This is way too confusing with some stuff being mimicked from a-b and some from b-a, or are they just examples and everything done on either of them are done on both of them? It's not too clear.
monkeymacman
Bodyguard
Bodyguard

Postby superdog551 » Fri Jul 22, 2016 8:17 pm

WindBlqde wrote:
Kirize12 wrote:Wellwisher is a perfectly fine name ;_;

Apparently everyone else thinks otherwise.

I agree, I really like the name wellwisher. Mimic doesn't really seem to fit it that well. Sorry for making it harder for you to decide on a name :oops:

My Roles:
Charmer
Oracle
Associate

In-game my name is Jay
superdog551
Halloween 2020 Winner
Halloween 2020 Winner

Postby WindBlqde » Fri Jul 22, 2016 8:23 pm

monkeymacman wrote:This is way too confusing with some stuff being mimicked from a-b and some from b-a, or are they just examples and everything done on either of them are done on both of them? It's not too clear.

Everything happens to either of them happens to both of them.
WindBlqde
Mayor
Mayor

Postby monkeymacman » Fri Jul 22, 2016 8:28 pm

WindBlqde wrote:
monkeymacman wrote:This is way too confusing with some stuff being mimicked from a-b and some from b-a, or are they just examples and everything done on either of them are done on both of them? It's not too clear.

Everything happens to either of them happens to both of them.

That sounds better, and in that case it's like an NE transporter (I assume that's what you're going for) but buffed( or nerfed depending on the situation), so this actually sounds pretty good.
monkeymacman
Bodyguard
Bodyguard

Postby SuperKirbyStar » Fri Jul 22, 2016 8:41 pm

I actually loved the name Wellwhisher, well i still like the new role names you come up with!
My roles:(check out my profile too)

The Pathologist
https://www.blankmediagames.com/phpbb/v ... f=27&t=462(there are more roles, i'm just tired of adding them here)

My Favourite:
The Shade
viewtopic.php?f=27&t=47249
SuperKirbyStar
Doctor
Doctor

Postby WindBlqde » Fri Jul 22, 2016 8:45 pm

Kirize12 wrote:Go with what makes you happiest. (which I'm pretty sure is Wellwisher)

Yep, it is. I will change it back.
WindBlqde
Mayor
Mayor

Postby Tigerleap » Fri Jul 22, 2016 11:06 pm

Wellwisher: one who wishes well to another: an admiring supporter or fan
-Merriam Webster Dictionary
Yeah, I don't see how the name 'Wellwisher' matches this role's abilities or attributes. Though there's nothing wrong with the relation between a role's name and its attributes being a bit loose, it should be present. There is nothing that links the name 'Wellwisher' to what this role is and does. It's important for the flavor text/lore to be accurate, you can't just name a role whatever you want just because it sounds better...

-Tigerleap

FAQ

Tigerleap
Retributionist
Retributionist

Postby superdog551 » Fri Jul 22, 2016 11:39 pm

Tigerleap wrote:Wellwisher: one who wishes well to another: an admiring supporter or fan
Yeah, I don't see how the name 'Wellwisher' matches this role's abilities or attributes. Though there's nothing wrong with the relation between a role's name and its attributes being a bit loose, it should be present. There is nothing that links the name 'Wellwisher' to what this role is and does. It's important for the flavor text/lore to be accurate, you can't just name a role whatever you want just because it sounds better...

Well balance > Lore. All the lore you need if you really want it is "Wish at night at the wising well that PlayerA and PlayerB will be connected. Honestly the name has been changed enough and it doesn't need to change again. I think its fine and so do a lot of other people. Besides its not too hard to come up with how the name connects with the lore, like I said above. If it was named "Jet fighter" or "US navy seal" Or something weird like that it would need a change, but it's fine.

P.s. I like the name Wellwisher ;)

If you REALLY have to change it again, do something like spiritualist I guess. The only other name I think would be acceptable with the role without making it weird.

But I still like Wellwisher :P

My Roles:
Charmer
Oracle
Associate

In-game my name is Jay
superdog551
Halloween 2020 Winner
Halloween 2020 Winner

Postby Tigerleap » Sat Jul 23, 2016 12:14 am

superdog551 wrote:
Tigerleap wrote:Wellwisher: one who wishes well to another: an admiring supporter or fan

Well balance > Lore. All the lore you need if you really want it is "Wish at night at the wising well that PlayerA and PlayerB will be connected. Honestly the name has been changed enough and it doesn't need to change again. I think its fine and so do a lot of other people. Besides its not too hard to come up with how the name connects with the lore, like I said above. If it was named "Jet fighter" or "US navy seal" Or something weird like that it would need a change, but it's fine.

If you REALLY have to change it again, do something like spiritualist I guess. The only other name I think would be acceptable with the role without making it weird.

'Wellwisher' does NOT mean someone who visits a wishing well. Did you not read the definition? It means someone who wishes someone to do well.

-Tigerleap

FAQ

Tigerleap
Retributionist
Retributionist

Postby superdog551 » Sat Jul 23, 2016 1:47 am

Tigerleap wrote:
superdog551 wrote:

'Wellwisher' does NOT mean someone who visits a wishing well. Did you not read the definition? It means someone who wishes someone to do well.

Well it could really go either way depending on what OP meant it to be, dictionary doesn't really apply.

I can't really see what the big deal is with the name. It's fine as is.

My Roles:
Charmer
Oracle
Associate

In-game my name is Jay
superdog551
Halloween 2020 Winner
Halloween 2020 Winner

Postby randomguyhavingfun » Sat Jul 23, 2016 5:28 am

What about equalizer or distributor. Because you distribute the actions and you make everyone take equal consenquences. Not a perfect name but wellwisher seems kinda off topic and i must say i dont really like it.
I have become what i despise, a man who despises himself.

Check out my role suggestions
http://www.blankmediagames.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=45162
the psychaiatrist
Do you also want a more balanched and competetitive ranked mode in patch 1.6? See my ranked suggestions
http://www.blankmediagames.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=48199

How would a new investigator list with new roles look?
randomguyhavingfun
Godfather
Godfather

PreviousNext

Return to Role Idea Archives