Some Role Suggestions (2000+views!)

Old Role Ideas

With which of these roles do you agree with?

Hypnotist
13%
Citizen
4%
Avenger
7%
observer
7%
Silencer
11%
Diplomat
7%
Daggerman
6%
Poison expert
10%
Traitor
13%
Necromancer
11%
All of them
6%
None
2%
They could use some tweaks ( comment )
2%
I'm neutral
1%

Total votes : 141

Re: Some Role Suggestions (1600+views!)

Postby randomguyhavingfun » Wed Dec 07, 2016 1:09 pm

dorminion297 wrote:So citizen is just an over powered bodyguard? I don't see the need for night immunity because this is just a strictly better version of bodyguard. And also, what about arsonist. Say if he ignited the same night you used your night action, would only you die? Would you be able to use your remaining night actions after revived? I think the citizen is just too overpowered. The concept is good, don't get me wrong but it still needs a lot of balancing.

The citizen functions just like any other role with a limited ability after revived. He gets to keep remaining uses. While he can redirect the arsonist if he douses if he ignites everyone doused will die and you won't. Also where did I put night immunity?
I have become what i despise, a man who despises himself.

Check out my role suggestions
http://www.blankmediagames.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=45162
the psychaiatrist
Do you also want a more balanched and competetitive ranked mode in patch 1.6? See my ranked suggestions
http://www.blankmediagames.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=48199

How would a new investigator list with new roles look?
randomguyhavingfun
Godfather
Godfather

Re: Some Role Suggestions (1600+views!)

Postby Illegalminor » Tue Dec 13, 2016 2:26 pm

MasterBeiber wrote:Hypnotist
Spoiler: Alignment: Neutral (Killing)
Abilities: Hypnotize someone to kill them selves if they can. If other then will transport a killing to them.
Attributes: None.

Citizen
Spoiler: Alignment: Town (Neutral)
Abilities: You can remember yourself as any role no matter what.
Attributes: You can knock on peoples door to scare them or investigate them.

Avenger
Spoiler: Alignment: Mafia (Spree)
Abilities: If someone attacks you at night, you attack them back.
Attributes: You can choose to kill someone, but if you get attacked you won't kill your target.

Observer
Spoiler: Alignment: Neutral (Investigate)
Abilities: Watch more than one person at night to see their actions.
Attributes: Maximum of 2 people of watching.

Silencer
Spoiler: Alignment: Neutral (Support)
Abilities: Target someone to silence them for the day.
Attributes: If your target talks, instead they will say "I am mafia" and they will get a message they were silenced.

Diplomat
Spoiler: Alignment: Town (Support)
Abilities: Deals with people in a sensitive and effective way.
Attributes: Silences the person and cleans them for 1 day each.

Daggerman
Spoiler: Alignment: Mafia (Killing)
Abilities: Use your dagger to have a chance to kill someone.
Attributes: The will won't be shown if you kill a person.

Poison expert
Spoiler: Alignment: Neutral (Expert)
Abilities: Silence someone for 1 day. The next day they die.
Attributes: None

Traitor
Spoiler: Alignment: Neutral (Killing)
Abilities: On any day kill someone. A animation will play and the day is over.
Attributes: If you didn't kill someone, sheriff will see you as NS.
If you did kill someone, sherrif will see you as Traitor.

Necromancer
Spoiler: Alignment: Neutral (Expert)
Abilities: Burn someones house down with killing them too.
Attributes: If burned down someone, it will say they got ignited by a Arsonist.

This is My choice of the roles. Its just WHAT I WANT.

Not to be rude but uh your necro makes no sense...
- Some Days I Hate My Life
- Others I Pretend I'm A Jester
Illegalminor

Re: Some Role Suggestions (1800+views!)

Postby randomguyhavingfun » Mon Dec 26, 2016 1:32 am

Right so I thought I'd make stuff a bit different for the silencer so he now has unlimited uses but a maximum of three silenced people. I don't want too many to end up in this state so the medium can have people to talk to too.

the psychaiatrist
Do you also want a more balanched and competetitive ranked mode in patch 1.6? See my ranked suggestions

randomguyhavingfun
Godfather
Godfather

Re: Some Role Suggestions

Postby doglover03 » Mon Dec 26, 2016 4:01 pm

So based on your "Spoilers" here are my notes:

Citizen - They should have 1 Seance when they are dead to let an alive town member know who their attacker was. Also, what happens when multiple townies are attacked? Does the Citizen stand up for all of them or just one? If just one, how will they choose which one? Finally, I think the name should be changed to Police Officer or something, Citizen doesn't fit this role.

Daggerman - I like it :-D

Silencer - What do you mean "there can only be 3 people silenced at a time?" Also, this role is too confusing for me. :-|

Hypnotist - There are too many hypnotise immune roles. Also, I think you could just add the speaking for the person you hypnotised part to Blackmailer's abilities. It's so close to BM'er role, because they can silence people at day, too. If you do do this, then take out the no voting next day part.

Avenger - I don't like the "Abilities" statement. I think the Avenger should be able to use his ability at least 4 times, if not every night. Finally, Lookout should be able to see him, otherwise he is too well hidden.

Observer - Way too close in ability to Lookout or Investigator, but nice idea.

Poison Expert - So when someone is infected do they die? And what does "You will not be notified of your infection" mean?

Traitor - I'm sorry but... This role seems pretty unimportant, useless really, and doesn't make any sense.

Diplomat - I don't get this role. :-?

Necromancer - What is an Imposter? An what happens when the person dies? I'm sorry, but this role is too confusing which makes it, in my opinion, useless. It also is too unfair to the town. :cry:

Officer - This role is too close to Jailor & too complicated.

*Remember, this is all constructive criticism, just helpful ideas. :D
doglover03
Amnesiac
Amnesiac

Re: Some Role Suggestions

Postby randomguyhavingfun » Tue Dec 27, 2016 2:29 am

Right so let me try to explain some stuff here

doglover03 wrote:So based on your "Spoilers" here are my notes:

Citizen - They should have 1 Seance when they are dead to let an alive town member know who their attacker was. i don't want to make it too close to medium so I'm not sureAlso, what happens when multiple townies are attacked? Does the Citizen stand up for all of them or just one? rhe citizen blocks all attacks that meet the criteria given. He will block them allIf just one, how will they choose which one? Finally, I think the name should be changed to Police Officer or something, Citizen doesn't fit this role.i don't think a police officer would be a sacrificial role. I may change the name but I'm more concerned on the roles function than that

Daggerman - I like it :-D

Silencer - What do you mean "there can only be 3 people silenced at a time?" that you can only have 3 players in your private chat at any given timeAlso, this role is too confusing for me. :-|

Hypnotist - There are too many hypnotise immune roles.yep maybe I should limit them Also, I think you could just add the speaking for the person you hypnotised part to Blackmailer's abilities. It's so close to BM'er role, because they can silence people at day, too. If you do do this, then take out the no voting next day part. i think it's too powerfull for a mafia member

Avenger - I don't like the "Abilities" statement. I think the Avenger should be able to use his ability at least 4 times, if not every night. Finally, Lookout should be able to see him, otherwise he is too well hidden.the thing is, i don't want him to Pam his ability but rather think about it. And he needs to impact the game so that is why I hid him and his helper from lookouts

Observer - Way too close in ability to Lookout or Investigator, but nice idea.

Poison Expert - So when someone is infected do they die? nope. They only die if they come in contact with another infected personAnd what does "You will not be notified of your infection" mean?you will not know whether or not you are infected

Traitor - I'm sorry but... This role seems pretty unimportant, useless really, and doesn't make any sense. he can be pretty impactful to the game so I'm not sure what you mean when saying useless

Diplomat - I don't get this role. :-? he can select a non mafia member at night. If any mafia member expect himself gets attacked / roleblocked/ investigated the action will actually be aimed at the target you selected

Necromancer - What is an Imposter? a puppet of yoursAn what happens when the person dies?when the person you used yo ability on dies he becomes an imposter. If the imposter dies, then nothing out of the ordinary I'm sorry, but this role is too confusing which makes it, in my opinion, useless. It also is too unfair to the town. :cry:

Officer - This role is too close to Jailor & too complicated. complicated? He just has 2 abilities. One prevents a person from killing and one that allows him to kill someone himself

*Remember, this is all constructive criticism, just helpful ideas. :D

the psychaiatrist

randomguyhavingfun
Godfather
Godfather

Postby Tortlez » Sun Jan 08, 2017 11:41 pm

Citizen: What would they do if there was multiple townie deaths? and can there be more than one in a game? If so, what happens if they both went courageous?

Silencer: If they can talk to the rest of the dead during the day, wouldn’t they just be able to transfer information to the other townies who CAN talk to mafia? Maybe making them not able to talk when they’re dead at all is a little overpowered but I think it is slightly useless if they could talk during the day. It would add confusion to the dead chat but would likely be figured out easily. At night, does the silencer speak with the mafia AND the silenced dead people? When the silencer dies, do they continue talking with the silenced people as a medium? and if the silencer is transported into being silenced and killed themselves, what happens? Are they still able to talk to their mafia at night and talk to the silenced people as medium? If you silence a medium, are they able to still choose to seance to someone? When you talk to mafia at night when you’re dead, is the spy able to read what you say? Last thing, at night when you talk, are the mafia, dead townies and silenced townies all able to read your text? I think that the silencer needs a few tweaks to how many people they can talk to at night, and what happens when they die. If not, I think that a mafia that can talk to mafia even when dead is a good idea, but maybe not all jam packed into one role.

Officer: Maybe let the officer have 3 or 4 arrests because 2 is a very little amount, and theres a high chance they wouldn’t find anyone.
Tortlez

Postby randomguyhavingfun » Mon Jan 09, 2017 10:05 am

Tortlez wrote:Citizen: What would they do if there was multiple townie deaths? and can there be more than one in a game? If so, what happens if they both went courageous?there can be more than one yes. the pne who clicked the button first will get attacked in that case

Silencer: If they can talk to the rest of the dead during the day, wouldn’t they just be able to transfer information to the other townies who CAN talk to mafia?how would they be able to tell who is the silencer and who is the medium? Maybe making them not able to talk when they’re dead at all is a little overpowered but I think it is slightly useless if they could talk during the day. It would add confusion to the dead chat but would likely be figured out easily. At night, does the silencer speak with the mafia AND the silenced dead people? When the silencer dies, do they continue talking with the silenced people as a medium? and if the silencer is transported into being silenced and killed themselves, what happens?hell happens :devil: . actually i guess nothing. once the silencer dies all silenced people stop beeing silenced Are they still able to talk to their mafia at night and talk to the silenced people as medium?yes not sure how this will work out though If you silence a medium, are they able to still choose to seance to someone?yes When you talk to mafia at night when you’re dead, is the spy able to read what you say?im not sure. i guess either could Last thing, at night when you talk, are the mafia, dead townies and silenced townies all able to read your text?if you are alive then only the silenced townies and mafia can hear you. if you are dead only the dead townies and mafia can I think that the silencer needs a few tweaks to how many people they can talk to at night, and what happens when they dieso, do you have any proposals?. If not, I think that a mafia that can talk to mafia even when dead is a good idea, but maybe not all jam packed into one role. hmm i will think about that

Officer: Maybe let the officer have 3 or 4 arrests because 2 is a very little amount, and theres a high chance they wouldn’t find anyone.i think 4 is spammable but ill raise it to three ;)

the psychaiatrist

randomguyhavingfun
Godfather
Godfather

Previous

Return to Role Idea Archives