Tracker Role

Old Role Ideas

Tracker Role

Postby ShokeR » Sun Jun 22, 2014 6:34 pm

Role Name: Tracker

Role Alignment: Town Invest

Attributes: Each night choose a target to track
you will see who your target visited this night.
If you track a serial killer he will kill you instead (updated)
if you target doesn't visit anyone it will say : "you target stayed at home tonight"

Wins with: Town

Special Attributes: None

Additional Information (comments):
Tracker is like lookout just instead of watching someone to can track people who do you think might be bad.
the good thing about tracker is you can't be 100% sure, even if you track someone and his target doesn't die he may be a framer blackmailer witch etc..
or even if you track someone and his target died, it may be just sheriff who checked this person and he wasn't the one who killed him.

* I changed it so the sk kill the tracker instead of the serial killer target, My idea with that is the Serial killer is a skilled killer, so he can notice if someone follows him so he just kill the Tracker and run away.
Last edited by ShokeR on Sun Jun 22, 2014 7:32 pm, edited 2 times in total.
ShokeR
Civilian
Civilian

Re: Tracker Role

Postby TenNoOkami » Sun Jun 22, 2014 6:55 pm

Isn't this like a weaker Lookout?
The Lookout sees both who visited his target and if his target visited someone...if not...then i think this should be a buff to the Lookout instead.
Favorite Role: Jailor :3
Loved Roles: Lookout, Vet, Transporter, BodyGuard, Consigliere.
Likeable Roles: Other Townies, Witch, Arsonist.
Okay Roles: Amnesiac, Jester, Janitor.
Passable Roles: Survie, SK, Other Maf.
Detested Roles: Executioner, Framer.
TenNoOkami
Mayor
Mayor

Postby ShokeR » Sun Jun 22, 2014 7:02 pm

Pananime9 wrote:It's interesting. But you essentially buff the SK for a turn and you would instantly know all the killers if you tracked a kill role. Besides, what if their target visits the veteran? Do you die too?

No I don't think they should die too from a veteran since they just follow their target and see who they visit , they don't enter their home.
And what do you mean buff the SK for a turn?
I don't think it's overpowered or something, there are better roles like investigator. and yes like sheriff or investigator you can find the SK one night one if you are really lucky.
Again, even if you target visited someone who died it doesn't mean they are a killer role ,you will have to check twice or even 3 times to make sure you are not mistaken.

TenNoOkami wrote:Isn't this like a weaker Lookout?
The Lookout sees both who visited his target and if his target visited someone...if not...then i think this should be a buff to the Lookout instead.

No the lookout doesn't see who his target visit.
ShokeR
Civilian
Civilian

Postby Cornbread » Sun Jun 22, 2014 7:15 pm

Actually this role has merit. Its the opposite of the Lookout. Just like the lookout who sees who visits a person, the tracker will see who your target visits. The chances of finding a sk are the same odds as watching who the sk killed or investigating the sk. i would not have the sk kill them though. Instead maybe if he tracks a mafia member the mafia catches him and ambushes him killing him instead of their target.
This role could be used to succsess\fully tell if a person is lying about being doc or any other roles that you visit with but its hard to prove who you visit.
Misery
A Social Player
Cornbread
Witch
Witch

Postby TenNoOkami » Sun Jun 22, 2014 7:21 pm

i still think this should be a buff for the Lookout then~
No SK killing him/her tho, that makes no sense.
Favorite Role: Jailor :3
Loved Roles: Lookout, Vet, Transporter, BodyGuard, Consigliere.
Likeable Roles: Other Townies, Witch, Arsonist.
Okay Roles: Amnesiac, Jester, Janitor.
Passable Roles: Survie, SK, Other Maf.
Detested Roles: Executioner, Framer.
TenNoOkami
Mayor
Mayor

Postby ShokeR » Sun Jun 22, 2014 7:28 pm

I wanted the sk to kill him because I want to make it more fair, yes you are right the chances to find the sk as tracker are the same lookout, but I want tracker to have the ability to find who is town and who's not.
and he can achieve that by tracking people and see who they target, they target the people who speak a lot? or they target the suspicious people? maybe his target doesn't visit anyone so in that case maybe he is medium or Spy or Jester.
So i wanted to have some down side to it, yea maybe the sk killer 2 people is a bit too much you are right, maybe the sk doesn't kill the tracker at all , just say what you think and I will try to change that

I changed it so the sk kill the tracker instead, My idea with that is the Serial killer is skilled killer, so he can notice if someone follows him so he just kill the Tracker and run away.
ShokeR
Civilian
Civilian

Postby Cornbread » Sun Jun 22, 2014 7:36 pm

It shouldn't be a buff for the lookout. A lookout who can now see who their target visits and who visits them? You could catch the gf and the Sk in one go. Those two abilities separate are good. Together could be op.
Misery
A Social Player
Cornbread
Witch
Witch

Postby ShokeR » Mon Jun 23, 2014 1:15 pm

bump, please tell me what you think and if you think something need to be changed
ShokeR
Civilian
Civilian

Return to Role Idea Archives