Page 1 of 3

Stalker (Neutral Evil)

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2016 6:40 pm
by Kirize12
Role: Stalker

Alignment: Neutral Evil

Summary: A psychopathic sycophant with a menacing aura.

Goal: Survive to see the town lose the game.

Win Conditions: You win with the Mafia.
You win with Stalkers.
You win with Serial Killers.
You win with Arsonists.
You win with Werewolves.
You win with Electricians.
You win with Witches.
You win with Survivors.
You must kill the Town.
You may spare anyone else.

Has Night Ability: Yes

Has Night Immunity: Scum Autovest

Abilities: Stalk someone each night, preventing all non-killing abilities from taking place at their house.

Attributes: The effect, in addition to taking place that night, will extend to the night afterwards.
Self-target actions, Transporters, and killing actions are unaffected.
You may stalk yourself, this cannot be redirected or controlled.
You have one autovest protecting from the first non-town attack (except Jester), even if that attack ignores night immunity.

Special Attributes: Scum Autovest

Sheriff: Your target is not suspicious.

Investigator: Your target is globally feared. They must be a Sheriff, Executioner, Stalker, or Werewolf.

Consigliere: Your target sends cold shivers down your spine. They must be a Stalker!

Backstory: soon(tm)

Achievements:

Spooky Scary Skeletons - Win one game as a Stalker

Shade - Win five games as a Stalker

Veil of the Night - Win ten games as a Stalker

Shadows in the Streets - Win twenty-five games as a Stalker

Shadowalker - Win with a Neutral Killing role

Heart of Darkness - Target the same person as a protective role and a killer and scare off the protective

Nothing to Fear - No one gets scared off from your target

Re: Stalker (Neutral Evil)

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2016 6:43 pm
by Mace8937
Shouldn't be able to stalk itself.

Re: Stalker (Neutral Evil)

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2016 6:49 pm
by Kirize12
Mace8937 wrote:Shouldn't be able to stalk itself.

Wai nawt ¯\_(=•ᴥ•=)_/¯

Re: Stalker (Neutral Evil)

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2016 6:51 pm
by Technetium
A Neutral Protective.

Interesting.

I like.

But stalking yourself makes the vests completely redundant, unless they're autovests.

Re: Stalker (Neutral Evil)

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2016 6:53 pm
by Kirize12
Technetium wrote:A Neutral Protective.

Interesting.

I like.

But stalking yourself makes the vests completely redundant, unless they're autovests.

It's not a Neutral Protective.

This stops everything BUT kills.

Re: Stalker (Neutral Evil)

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2016 6:55 pm
by Technetium
Oh, I missed a line, excuse me while I facepalm.

It still protects scum from investigations and roleblocks.

But yeah, point taken.
...
/facepalm
...
/headdesk
...
/support

Re: Stalker (Neutral Evil)

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2016 6:55 pm
by Kirize12
Technetium wrote:Oh, I missed a line, excuse me while I facepalm.

It still protects scum from investigations and roleblocks.

But yeah, point taken.
...
/facepalm
...
/headdesk
...
/support

If you play it solely as a Neutral Protective, you're playing it wrong.

Re: Stalker (Neutral Evil)

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2016 6:58 pm
by Technetium
Whatever...uh...um...it's like...however it does...I wasn't saying play it as a protective, I was saying, oh wait I was sort of saying that aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

It messes with abilities, most of the non-killing stuff is Town, it stops that from happening, it can do that or it can make other roles vulnerable, such as if a BG or Doc is covering a confirmed Town or something...

Re: Stalker (Neutral Evil)

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2016 6:59 pm
by Kirize12
Technetium wrote:Whatever...uh...um...it's like...however it does...I wasn't saying play it as a protective, I was saying, oh wait I was sort of saying that aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

It messes with abilities, most of the non-killing stuff is Town, it stops that from happening, it can do that or it can make other roles vulnerable, such as if a BG or Doc is covering a confirmed Town or something...

Nods.

Re: Stalker (Neutral Evil)

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2016 7:31 pm
by alex1234321
This idea is pretty good. I like the concept. I think that it will add a lot to the game and is balanced. It is like a reverse version of arpitr20's Nightmarer. I do not know about the investigation result, but /support.

Re: Stalker (Neutral Evil)

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2016 8:36 pm
by BPsycho2
Nice colors.

Re: Stalker (Neutral Evil)

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2016 8:37 pm
by Kirize12
BPsycho2 wrote:Nice colors.

But what about the role q.q

Re: Stalker (Neutral Evil)

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2016 8:39 pm
by BPsycho2
No invest results.

Also, shouldn't scare protectives if it can't scare killers.

Should scare killers.

Also, if attacked, should be forced to stalk himself and scare the killer away.

Re: Stalker (Neutral Evil)

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2016 8:59 pm
by Kirize12
BPsycho2 wrote:No invest results.

Also, shouldn't scare protectives if it can't scare killers.

Should scare killers.

Also, if attacked, should be forced to stalk himself and scare the killer away.

I don't do invest results. You might say it doesn't fit the format, but look closely at my format.

No, that's how the role was mean tto be played. You might argue it's OP, but it has manual-use protection rather than automatic, and can't really find allies.

Re: Stalker (Neutral Evil)

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2016 9:40 pm
by oliy
Psycho, the point is to be a Neutral Strongman.
I like it, have liked it, as it can't confirm Mafia safe kills but can if it guesses right.
Dank 1 win suggestion name tho

Re: Stalker (Neutral Evil)

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2016 10:14 pm
by BPsycho2
It would be easy though.

Your target is watchful, they are either a Lookout,Stalker, or Forger! (Amnesiac could still go here. 4-role results are okay)

Re: Stalker (Neutral Evil)

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2016 10:34 pm
by oliy
BPsycho2 wrote:It would be easy though.

Your target is watchful, they are either a Lookout,Stalker, or Forger! (Amnesiac could still go here. 4-role results are okay)

There are so many Investigator results with people making their own that it's best to leave them out.

As easy as a Doctor healing? :3

Re: Stalker (Neutral Evil)

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2016 1:27 am
by Mxbro
I actually really, really like this idea. You'd assume it'd predominantly team with Mafia (Similar to witch) as it looks like a pain for Town. Town would lynch it, as it messes with them.

Maybe change the 'vests' to 'scarecrows'? ;)

Re: Stalker (Neutral Evil)

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2016 11:09 am
by BPsycho2
Generally, I'm just using orange. That's the best one.

Re: Stalker (Neutral Evil)

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2016 11:18 am
by RetralMega
Not a fan. Also needs a name change. The FM role and this one would confuse people who start to play FM after ToS and think the role is the same.

Re: Stalker (Neutral Evil)

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2016 11:20 am
by Kirize12
RetralMega wrote:Not a fan. Also needs a name change. The FM role and this one would confuse people who start to play FM after ToS and think the role is the same.

1) Why aren't you a fan?
2) That's dumb as fuck.
3) Stalker isn't really in use, it's kinda a role that's just...there. Most mods oust it from their games and it'll probably be removed from the rolecards soon.

Re: Stalker (Neutral Evil)

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2016 11:28 am
by RetralMega
It's a buffed Marshall, but Neutral and called Stalker. Both roles being in FM.

Re: Stalker (Neutral Evil)

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2016 11:33 am
by Kirize12
RetralMega wrote:It's a buffed Marshall, but Neutral and called Stalker. Both roles being in FM.

It's not a Marshal, it's an Acsteticizer.

It was not meant to be played as a protective. There are some good plays that could come out of it being played as a protective, but from stuff like investigation and roleblocks only.

Re: Stalker (Neutral Evil)

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2016 11:37 am
by RetralMega
It's still OP.

Re: Stalker (Neutral Evil)

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2016 11:38 am
by Kirize12
RetralMega wrote:It's still OP.

No it's not. You have no real way of finding allies, and your self-protection mechanism is limited and manual.